Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Best Christmas Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5gblI82rg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

p.s. gently caress you if you don't think that's a Christmas movie.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's a Christmas movie just like Sandlot is a July 4th movie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Please don't insult Budd Dwyer's memory by comparing him to Trump.

Dwyer shot himself so his family would still benefit from his state pension. Would Trump do the same?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 2, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dwyer shot himself so his family would still benefit from his state pension. Would Trump do the same?

He'd gently caress his family.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Soulex posted:

He'd gently caress his family.

I thought he already did that :confused:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3fnXoPoC4

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I thought he already did that :confused:

No, just his daughter.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did the tax plan pass

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Softface posted:

No, just his daughter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/THEKarlaPacheco/status/936678603021938688

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

did the tax plan pass

There are still a bunch of amendments to go through, but the most likely answer is that yes it will pass as there's no significant pushback from any republicans at all. It differs enough from the house bill that they'll have to re-do it in committee anyways, but it's going to pass the senate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Republicans are blanket passing every GOP amendment that comes up. There isn't even an actual typed, legible copy of the bill, its all hand scribbled in margins but thats good enough. The bill will pass and it will go to Committee where I think even the HFC will sign off since they all just want something done since their donors will kill them otherwise.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

didn't someone post this morning that the doners hate this tax bill and are shutting off the money faucet?

i saw a linked Twitter but no one acknowledged it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Their donors are going to kill them anyways for loving up their state and local tax exemptions.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RFC2324 posted:

didn't someone post this morning that the doners hate this tax bill and are shutting off the money faucet?

i saw a linked Twitter but no one acknowledged it

Donor Kebab

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Some hate it, others are thrilled. Either way its better for the GOP than pissing off everyone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Republicans are blanket passing every GOP amendment that comes up. There isn't even an actual typed, legible copy of the bill, its all hand scribbled in margins but thats good enough. The bill will pass and it will go to Committee where I think even the HFC will sign off since they all just want something done since their donors will kill them otherwise.

Nah they're not. They even just stripped out the special tax exemption they put in for Betsy's pet college.

Final vote is coming up soon.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Naked Bear" posted:

gently caress you if you don't think that's a Christmas movie.

Chug a bottle of Shiraz and watch Die Hard: Christmas Eve tradition 12 years and counting

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah they're not. They even just stripped out the special tax exemption they put in for Betsy's pet college.

Final vote is coming up soon.

i was wrong, all the gop snowflake poo poo made it into the bill. the only things that passed was some Cruz unborn children college plan crap and the mentioned pet college stuff getting stripped out.

we're still all doomed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bill has passed the senate. Now the house either passes the senate version or we go to committee. Either way, congrats rich people you've robbed the country yet again!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bill has passed the senate. Now the house either passes the senate version or we go to committee. Either way, congrats rich people you've robbed the country yet again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MpfUKMnkBU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think the house will just rubber stamp this. Either way, this will pass them and the senate again in some form and the wealthiest in the nation get to take a trillion and a half out of everyone else's pocket.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna start making a big batch of riot juice.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Of course the House will rubber stamp this poo poo. Its step one of the GOP wet dream and they'll just make sure to gut SS/Medicare/Medicaid before they have to answer any deficit questions

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This bill is going to crash the housing market in a lot of places because home values are going to drop between 15-20% just because of the loss of the mortgage interest deduction along with all of the other lost deductions all so the wealthiest can write off another jet.

This bill is going to crater the economy in a bad way.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Cards against humanity built a 30ft medieval siege engine on their border land.

https://cardsagainsthumanitystopsthewall.com

Guess that's positive news

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
They have not analyzed the effects in whole, just bits an pieces. The economy is close to full capacity, companies have already said they will return wealth to shareholders, not employees, the Fed will start raising rates, there is no need for stimulus, deficit, tax rises on most of the population, cuts to welfare etc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

psydude posted:

As soon as Trump expresses support for you, you're done.

The loyalty door swings one way it seems

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

lightpole posted:

They have not analyzed the effects in whole, just bits an pieces. The economy is close to full capacity, companies have already said they will return wealth to shareholders, not employees, the Fed will start raising rates, there is no need for stimulus, deficit, tax rises on most of the population, cuts to welfare etc

If the Fed just says gently caress it and raises rates back to 5 or 6% than great, do it. Let the rich suffer and the poor suffer more. Gotta pull teeth at some point. JUST DO IT

Laranzu posted:

Cards against humanity built a 30ft medieval siege engine on their border land.

https://cardsagainsthumanitystopsthewall.com

Guess that's positive news

Every bit of this page is gold

quote:

Since the Trump administration is committed to using 12th-century military technology to protect our country from Mexican invaders, we have responded in kind by building a 30-foot trebuchet, a medieval catapult designed to destroy walls. We paid 300 gold to increase its attack damage, so it’s very powerful. [...] For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. We cannot possibly overstate that we are not going to crush Trump’s twenty-billion-dollar wall with our totally badass trebuchet. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I want to strangle gently caress every single one of those goddamn senators in the throat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

always worth reposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Senate passed the bill. Was theirs the one that taxed grad students and University endowments?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Senate passed the bill. Was theirs the one that taxed grad students and University endowments?

Yes.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I’m going to buy a bunch of houses when the market collapses again

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Whole bunch of amendments got snuck in. Alaska can be drilled and life begins at conception.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

I’m going to buy a bunch of houses when the market collapses again

Oh hell Yeah.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Soulex posted:

Whole bunch of amendments got snuck in. Alaska can be drilled and life begins at conception.

How is it even legal to do this kind of poo poo :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If/when Democrats retake Congress and the presidency in 2018/2020 I really hope they keep the current middle class tax cuts and then raise the poo poo out of taxes on the rich.

• Locked thread