Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Reading Tim Brewster's name makes me miss Gendo

RIP in piece gendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Forget that poo poo, what's the latest on Lane Kiffin, Conference Champ?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

an adult beverage posted:

RIP in piece gendo

unrelated to coaching, but what actually happened to Gendo? I've asked a couple times and every answer is vague or joking about how he's dead

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

unrelated to coaching, but what actually happened to Gendo? I've asked a couple times and every answer is vague or joking about how he's dead

Got tired of modding/tired of SA, got tired of dealing with something sensitive, apparently wanted a smaller online presence (all of his sites are gone).

He's got a twitter account I think and that's it.

There's a rumor he sexually harassed someone but that's one of those SS things and who knows :shrug:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 2, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The gently caress is something sensitive?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Noctone posted:

Angry permabanned goon forum that tried to doxx all the mods for years. It's gone now thankfully.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Grittybeard posted:

Got tired of modding/tired of SA, got tired of dealing with something sensitive, apparently wanted a smaller online presence (all of his sites are gone).

He's got a twitter account I think and that's it.

There's a rumor he sexually harassed someone but that's one of those SS things and who knows :shrug:

huh, well I guess that's that, then. Thanks for the response.

Noctone posted:

It's where angry SA posters go to be less moderated, I think.

If anyone wants to hear the Scott Frost press conference, local Omaha radio will have it:

http://player.listenlive.co/52371

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If someone doesn't want to bring up a topic, its a pretty good idea to respect that. I don't know the specifics, but I have a pretty good idea of the why.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was it Something Sensitive or Something Awful Sycophant Squad that fractured after a literal Nazi hostile takeover

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Hey ya'll, it's your daily reminder that Tennessee still does not have a head coach. :allears:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

If someone doesn't want to bring up a topic, its a pretty good idea to respect that. I don't know the specifics, but I have a pretty good idea of the why.

Yeah you wouldn’t want to ruin their weekend

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/TunnelWalkShame/status/937071392188637184

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Is Frost gonna be announced today?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Omaha World Herald reporters are saying tomorrow at noon, although the school hasn't released anything to that effect.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Local news is saying they got word directly from the university and there will be a press conference tomorrow.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

good lord frost wants to stay at UCF so bad

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

good lord frost wants to stay at UCF so bad

I imagine he just feels really awkward about it and hates telling that to a team on such a high note.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

was it Something Sensitive or Something Awful Sycophant Squad that fractured after a literal Nazi hostile takeover

SASS was drat old, it was the castaway spot when Lowtax and all the original admins were still running the asylum. I remember reading SASS a few times and this was forever ago, probably every bit of a decade. Not sure which takeover you mean but if it was anything recent it was probably SS.

I think I found SASS via ED which I found out about when that place started documenting everything about Gorgeous George (:allears:).

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
baker mayfield has more big 12 championships than any other current/former big 12 team. except for texas. he only has just as many big 12 championships as texas.

e: this was supposed to go to the GDT but the point still stands thank god we kept lincoln riley

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mr. World posted:

Hey ya'll, it's your daily reminder that Tennessee still does not have a head coach. :allears:

Gonna assume this changes Monday. No way Fulmer didn't already have a plan for that when he went into this.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tactlessbastard posted:

I imagine he just feels really awkward about it and hates telling that to a team on such a high note.

Yeah I mean the rumors were floating around but to have ESPN break the news in the middle of your conference championship is super lovely.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I mean the rumors were floating around but to have ESPN break the news in the middle of your conference championship is super lovely.

It really peeved me when that reporter asked him to confirm it on the field in the middle of all his celebrating players.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

It really peeved me when that reporter asked him to confirm it on the field in the middle of all his celebrating players.

Eh that’s not an easy position to be in. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t when you’re a reporter. You have an obligation to ask a newsworthy question when you have the opportunity, whether it might seem in poor taste or not.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Mahoning posted:

Eh that’s not an easy position to be in. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t when you’re a reporter. You have an obligation to ask a newsworthy question when you have the opportunity, whether it might seem in poor taste or not.

Actually it's pretty easy to not be a piece of poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Noctone posted:

Yep. Ask about how much the team means to him, how special the season was, etc. not “HEY SO ABOUT YOUR NEXT JOB”

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

quote:

"I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state," Frost wrote at the time. "We used to have the Taj Mahal of college football programs. Now it feels like someone took 40 tons of dynamite to our proud and noble masterpiece and built a three bedroom ranch in its place."

Congrats, long suffering Nebraska fans. I hope it works out for you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Noctone posted:

I also think journalists shouldn't ask tough questions and should only ask softball stuff.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Randaconda posted:

I also think journalists shouldn't ask tough questions and should only ask softball stuff.

That is a softball question.

Just one in poor taste

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Randaconda posted:

That’s not a hard hitting question and the complaint is about the timing of the question not the content of the question.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Like it's fine and fair to ask that question at the post-game press conference.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:dance::dance::dance:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
On the other hand, he has agreed to leave those kids for a big payday. There's some merit in not letting him have it both ways.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the first question asked of a new Big Ten West coach is whether he will be the one to beat the mighty northwestern wildcat

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/937090759596974081

I cried

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have no particular malice towards nebraska or nebraska fans, but it would be extremely funny to me if frost just completely poo poo the bed after they've coveting the guy for like a decade

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

On the other hand, he has agreed to leave those kids for a big payday. There's some merit in not letting him have it both ways.

That does not make him a lovely person and doesn't make it OK to ask a question you know will bring him down while he's celebrating a great season ~1 minute after the game is over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

baker mayfield has more big 12 championships than any other current/former big 12 team. except for texas. he only has just as many big 12 championships as texas.

e: this was supposed to go to the GDT but the point still stands thank god we kept lincoln riley

Our flag football team QBed by Lincoln Riley won the residence hall league. I sucked rear end, but we convinced him he should try to walk onto the team and the rest is history.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

the first question asked of a new Big Ten West coach is whether he will be the one to beat the mighty northwestern wildcat

The slayer if the mighty Boiler Maker is too tough.

The wildcat can't be bargained with. The wildcat can't be reasoned with. The wildcat doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop ever until every B1G West team is dead.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GobiasIndustries posted:

That does not make him a lovely person and doesn't make it OK to ask a question you know will bring him down while he's celebrating a great season ~1 minute after the game is over.

He agreed to abandon UCF for millions of dollars prior to the game, it's a fair question. It sucks to be hit with the question then but sometimes life sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have no particular malice towards nebraska or nebraska fans, but it would be extremely funny to me if frost just completely poo poo the bed after they've coveting the guy for like a decade

it would own actually

• Locked thread