Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Flake is going out trolling (though voting 100% with leadership)

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/938160754490052609

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/938161478477152256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
In some good news Jesse Ventura got a settlement from Chris Kyle’s estate for defamation. :toot:

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/legal-battle-over-ventura-denounces-chris-kyle-as-american-liar/

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

In some good news Jesse Ventura got a settlement from Chris Kyle’s estate for defamation. :toot:

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/legal-battle-over-ventura-denounces-chris-kyle-as-american-liar/
They're both douchebags though.

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/938146203325394945

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

They're both douchebags though.

True but also gently caress SEALS

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

True but also gently caress SEALS

Wasn't he a protoseal?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Soulex posted:

His Bank: “no, this actually happened”

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/938172939635216384

This makes sense. And makes it even funnier that Trump's lawyer is garbage.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Funny you should mention Hutus vs Tutsis since one of our MPs defended some of the genociders as required to by her contract with the U.N.
our media is currently doing their level best to label her as both a genocide denier and amoral bitch

So which is it, genocide denier or amoral bitch?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fake news probably

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/938172939635216384

This makes sense. And makes it even funnier that Trump's lawyer is garbage.

While I can't speak directly to subpoenas as I'm not in a legal counsel role, I am an AML investigator for a bank and when it comes to a SAR filing, you aren't allowed to confirm or deny the existence of one. It literally has to be a "I can't comment on this at all" type of thing. I would not be surprised if banks treated subpoenas similarly because it would simplify policy promulgation.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I have to admire Ventura's single-minded determination to have his day in court.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He ain't got time for mediation

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LingcodKilla posted:

Wasn't he a protoseal?

Udt member iirc

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress Jeff Flake

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

gently caress Jeff Flake

Eh, I don't agree with the guy's politics, but I also don't think he's a bad person. Same goes for Mitt Romney and John McCain. Trump, Moore, Cotton, Sessions? They're all actually bad people.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeroisanumber posted:

I have to admire Ventura's single-minded determination to have his day in court.

It beats a day at the range

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

He probably needs the money.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lol, Ben Sasse is retarded.

https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/938200132549578757

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It beats a day at the range

:eyepop:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

While I can't speak directly to subpoenas as I'm not in a legal counsel role, I am an AML investigator for a bank and when it comes to a SAR filing, you aren't allowed to confirm or deny the existence of one. It literally has to be a "I can't comment on this at all" type of thing. I would not be surprised if banks treated subpoenas similarly because it would simplify policy promulgation.

I just took training on this. Banks can't say poo poo about disclosure, especially to the client in the event of a criminal investigation. I'd be surprised if there was even a note attached to the client profile.

quote="Handsome Ralph" post="479057644"]
lol, Ben Sasse is retarded.

https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/938200132549578757
:eyepop:
[/quote]
Bless this hellstate

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

There's part of me that would love to see sasse get tied up in this Russia thing but I honestly believe he's way too low profile and too much of a fuckin' nobody to matter at all.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Christianity is the stupidest loving thing.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Udt member iirc

Yeah, he was UDT during Vietnam, but they were a separate animal from SEALs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow Trump must have called Hannity, he's going all in on calling Mueller a biased disgrace to America

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

There's part of me that would love to see sasse get tied up in this Russia thing but I honestly believe he's way too low profile and too much of a fuckin' nobody to matter at all.

Who was the hog castrator? Fisher? She's in on it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Fister Roboto posted:

would GUILLOTINES CURE ARISTOCRATS fit as a username

Unfortunately that's over the character limit.

POLONIUM CURE ARISTOCRATS fits just perfectly though :smug:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

BigDave posted:

Yeah, he was UDT during Vietnam, but they were a separate animal from SEALs.

They didn't receive nearly the same level of land warfare training and were confined to brown water ops for the most part. They'd get out of the water to go demo something but had a much more limited op library. Indictment and harassment was always done close to water where as the SEALs began operating further and further away from it in DA settings.

Not to get all George Lucas it rhymes and poo poo but the SEALS specifically and the special forces communities experience in vietnam as a whole is a really interesting lens to view Iraq and afghanistan through. You have the increased operational tempo causing staffing and personnel issues, lack of training/rushed training, you have mission and capability creep, you have direct action units having to handle and civilian populace that ranges from friendly to outright hostile while dealing with an insurgency that can melt into the surroundings and people. If I was still in school I'd write a paper on it, I actually drafted something for a defense policy class I was in but ended up scrapping it and going wth a different (easier) topic.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Immanentized posted:

Senator/Lieutenant Colonel Joni Ernst.

Meanwhile, Steve Bannon is giving a speech in Alabama to a bunch of Breitbartian loonies. Jones is slinging some zingers his way.

https://twitter.com/GDouglasJones/status/938215500500422657

https://twitter.com/GDouglasJones/status/938215748090155009

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BigDave posted:

People REALLY want the world to end.

Hell, same.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Hogballs was Ernst, the Iowa Senator who doesn't tweet like a stroke patient and yeah she's neck deep in it.

Fisher is from Valentine, and I'd imagine she's a minor character at most but smart enough to be quietly evil rather than loudly/stupidly so. Iirc she beat Domina, who seems like a cool guy if a little old and doofy.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Wow Trump must have called Hannity, he's going all in on calling Mueller a biased disgrace to America

I tuned in for a minute and Jesus loving Christ you aren't kidding he's unhinged

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Also important to note is that Ventura never served in combat.

He was on some late night show one time and launched, unprompted or more accurately completely off topic, into some story about his team vandalizing a water tower in which he made it sound like he was a SEAL.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Waroduce posted:

They didn't receive nearly the same level of land warfare training and were confined to brown water ops for the most part. They'd get out of the water to go demo something but had a much more limited op library. Indictment and harassment was always done close to water where as the SEALs began operating further and further away from it in DA settings.

Not to get all George Lucas it rhymes and poo poo but the SEALS specifically and the special forces communities experience in vietnam as a whole is a really interesting lens to view Iraq and afghanistan through. You have the increased operational tempo causing staffing and personnel issues, lack of training/rushed training, you have mission and capability creep, you have direct action units having to handle and civilian populace that ranges from friendly to outright hostile while dealing with an insurgency that can melt into the surroundings and people. If I was still in school I'd write a paper on it, I actually drafted something for a defense policy class I was in but ended up scrapping it and going wth a different (easier) topic.

I'll keep that in mind, might need a paper idea next semester.

As much as I kinda like Ventura, I hate how he always played up that whole SEAL/UDT angle, made it sound like he was a snake eater in the bush killing VC bare handed.

quote:

"And I'll just tell you this: Until you've hunted man, you haven't hunted yet," Ventura told Anderson. "Because you need to hunt something that can shoot back at you to really classify yourself as a hunter. You need to understand the feeling of what it's like to go into the field and know your opposition can take you out. Not just go out there and shoot Bambi."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93626&page=1

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

I tuned in for a minute and Jesus loving Christ you aren't kidding he's unhinged

There's gotta be something huge about to drop, I've never heard this amount of character assassination on Fox before other then Obama and Hillary

e: I mean he's going after the entire special investigations staff and just said Sessions should "unrecuse" himself to fire everyone, Trump must be terrified of something. They're laying the ideological groundwork to fire Mueller.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 6, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ahahahahaha cheeto brains is gonna do it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's almost assuredly related to all the finance stuff that came out in the last 48 hours or so. I would bet that there's a lot of interesting things inside.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ventura is a slightly less unhinged proto-Trump. He tried to act like a tough guy at all times, he said stupid poo poo to rile up the rubes, and he didn't accomplish much. He got the light rail project started but that's about it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Vasudus posted:

It's almost assuredly related to all the finance stuff that came out in the last 48 hours or so. I would bet that there's a lot of interesting things inside.

I'm not a political propagandist but I've been forced to listen to Fox News every night for the past year for reasons beyond my control and this is just screaming "prepping the base" to support his firing

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

sharknado slashfic posted:

There's gotta be something huge about to drop, I've never heard this amount of character assassination on Fox before other then Obama and Hillary

e: I mean he's going after the entire special investigations staff and just said Sessions should "unrecuse" himself to fire everyone, Trump must be terrified of something. They're laying the ideological groundwork to fire Mueller.

If he has been running shell games with his companies anything even close to what we think he has been doing, he is utterly hosed when this poo poo gets made public. I mean, we know he has, but for decades he has been able to hide it, basically by just lying over and over. When that poo poo hits the public record, his entire ego is hosed permanently.

I wanna know who the crap has been loaning him cash, because from any point of view that is just about the worst investment ever. If you loaned that cash to my small company I'd be able to get you a better return. And I'm not that good.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sharks: doing God's work

NYC equity exec mauled to death by shark off Costa Rican coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hannity straight screamed at the camera "you can't trust the fake news"

• Locked thread