Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

lightpole posted:

US Merchant officers are treated like kings compared to naval officers. Own stateroom, someone to clean it and make your bed, change the linen, own head, own shower, laundry just down the hall, alcohol, no uniform, no grooming standards (long as you loving shower, no smelly Fuckers in my engine room) etc etc.

You're still cleaning scavenge spaces and getting oil all up in weird places though.

True noblemen sip coffee while starring out of the window in magnificent ennui.

lightpole posted:

Also, pipe wrenches, at least 48" and none of that pussy aluminum poo poo.

Ah yes of course. A fencing man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Scavenge space cleaning is for contractors or ratings, officers don't deal with that poo poo, we're too expensive. US flag has a much more reasonable work assignment for officers instead of making the 4th engineer do everything.

What you are talking about sounds like a hood ornament, pretty, but functionally useless.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 6, 2017

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

lightpole posted:

What you are talking about sounds like a hood ornament, pretty, but functionally useless.

If you got paid the same, would you rather be the hood ornament or one of the pistons?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
We don't get paid the same, they have a 401k and we have a defined benefit pension.

Their base pay is the same but we get more overtime and penalty time and come out ahead but that's all blood money.

Also, I can continue not giving a poo poo about the captain. For some reason captains are always really high strung.

The mates also gave up their business class international flights on some of their contracts last negotiation. Sitting in economy with the proles tarnishes my bourgeois shine.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 6, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/938115801265123330

Edit:

Trickle down economics baby #MAGA

https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/938084811591340032

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 6, 2017

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Companies have already said there won't be more hiring or pay raises, the money is going to share buybacks and dividends. The whole propisition is full of poo poo, that's not how economics works at this stage of the economic cycle.

The bipartisan tax reform groups that looked at this under Obama and Bush and back through the decades all said that reform meant cutting entitlements and SIMPLIFYING the loving tax code, enabling them to just cut corporate rates. Companies would then save a huge amount of time and money on tax preperation without changing the tax take. Apparently the GOP decided to go in a different direction that doesn't actually make sense and could end up hurting the economy and growth &c &c

lightpole fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Time announced their person of the year.

It's the #MeToo movement :)

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Hal_2005 posted:

The only time i will talk about the weird poo poo. Because in my 14 years of shitposting, gaming and doing weird poo poo, this was the weirdest. Honestly thought we would have had a fat Georgian with two broken legs lying in the flowerbed or a fire situation:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/the-national-today-saakashvili-olympics-russia-wildfires-1.4432388

> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 20
> Tymoshenko's faction is trying to cripple the country's power industry
> Tymoshenko working with Putin to gently caress up our poo poo
> People hate Tymoshenko, so she recruits Saakashvili to be her front man, which is not going well for anyone
> Saki is running out of money to pay for protestors outside the Parliament
> Tries to do a fundraiser last weekend, protest / donor drive fails
> Decides to ask his son to buy some Cocaine from Turkey and import it
> Saki asks Odessain drug dealers to meet at his condo, beside the Canadian Embassy
> Turns out the dealers are Ukraine Secret Police and tell the NABU (Anti Corruption Cops)
> Saki is busted for 20 kg of cocaine
> Saki tries to jump off the roof of his Condo, hoping to land "inside Canada"
> Embassy gets evacuated
> My normal day of "Mission Impossible" has become "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition"
> Saki gets talked off the roof and is perpwalked to a van
> Armed Nazi's (literal Nazi's, none of this Aznov battalion poo poo) rush the van, police flee. Now we got scared cops & scared PMC's inside wire.
> Movie has now gone from "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition" to "Rules of Engagement: loving Perogi's"
> Saki tries to enter Canada, denied. Decides because SBU has not deployed Alpha Force or SWAT, he can do some controlled anarchy. Gets bored after smashing a few cars & walks down the street to Russian press ops
> Still need to get on with the day.jpg
> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 21

I thought the Cold War 2 would be awesome, but its really starting to piss me off.

In between the ex-president of Yemen getting domed yesterday for betraying his allies and this, well poo poo's just hilarious. You posted in the embassy?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CommieGIR posted:

Time announced their person of the year.

It's the #MeToo movement :)

good

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

of course time picked metoo, they're about to get bad touched by the koch brothers

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Trump gonna lose his poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waroduce posted:

They didn't receive nearly the same level of land warfare training and were confined to brown water ops for the most part. They'd get out of the water to go demo something but had a much more limited op library. Indictment and harassment was always done close to water where as the SEALs began operating further and further away from it in DA settings.

Not to get all George Lucas it rhymes and poo poo but the SEALS specifically and the special forces communities experience in vietnam as a whole is a really interesting lens to view Iraq and afghanistan through. You have the increased operational tempo causing staffing and personnel issues, lack of training/rushed training, you have mission and capability creep, you have direct action units having to handle and civilian populace that ranges from friendly to outright hostile while dealing with an insurgency that can melt into the surroundings and people. If I was still in school I'd write a paper on it, I actually drafted something for a defense policy class I was in but ended up scrapping it and going wth a different (easier) topic.

I wouldn't mind an effortpost on this subject if you could spare the time, if not then at least the milhist thread. In fact the whole special forces umbrella seems so complicated and unwieldy that I'd love a breakdown of it in general.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:getin:

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/938426725104537602

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/938377496277303302

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 6, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hal_2005 posted:

The only time i will talk about the weird poo poo. Because in my 14 years of shitposting, gaming and doing weird poo poo, this was the weirdest. Honestly thought we would have had a fat Georgian with two broken legs lying in the flowerbed or a fire situation:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/the-national-today-saakashvili-olympics-russia-wildfires-1.4432388

> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 20
> Tymoshenko's faction is trying to cripple the country's power industry
> Tymoshenko working with Putin to gently caress up our poo poo
> People hate Tymoshenko, so she recruits Saakashvili to be her front man, which is not going well for anyone
> Saki is running out of money to pay for protestors outside the Parliament
> Tries to do a fundraiser last weekend, protest / donor drive fails
> Decides to ask his son to buy some Cocaine from Turkey and import it
> Saki asks Odessain drug dealers to meet at his condo, beside the Canadian Embassy
> Turns out the dealers are Ukraine Secret Police and tell the NABU (Anti Corruption Cops)
> Saki is busted for 20 kg of cocaine
> Saki tries to jump off the roof of his Condo, hoping to land "inside Canada"
> Embassy gets evacuated
> My normal day of "Mission Impossible" has become "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition"
> Saki gets talked off the roof and is perpwalked to a van
> Armed Nazi's (literal Nazi's, none of this Aznov battalion poo poo) rush the van, police flee. Now we got scared cops & scared PMC's inside wire.
> Movie has now gone from "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition" to "Rules of Engagement: loving Perogi's"
> Saki tries to enter Canada, denied. Decides because SBU has not deployed Alpha Force or SWAT, he can do some controlled anarchy. Gets bored after smashing a few cars & walks down the street to Russian press ops
> Still need to get on with the day.jpg
> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 21

I thought the Cold War 2 would be awesome, but its really starting to piss me off.

I'm somewhere between :stare: and :lol:

FrozenVent posted:

Trump gonna lose his poo poo.

No, no, he turned it down weeks ago. :downs:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The best part of all this poo poo is that apparently Schumer also suggested recognizing Jerusalem as the capital.

The whataboutism when the Third Intifada starts will be amazing. The Muslim world is going to love the SCHUMER SAID TO DO IT excuse.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I also like that some universities will let literal Nazis speak but you say one bad word about Israel (with 0 mention of Jewish people/religion) and you can get banned.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/938234152301793280

could you not

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I mean he's not wrong?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

'Alabama values' include lynch mobs and loving 14-year olds, so, yes, we are afraid of them spreading to D.C.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

I think they're afraid he'll bring them to Washington middle/high schools.

The Pi dude fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 6, 2017

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Isn’t his opponent also from Alabama?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Isn’t his opponent also from Alabama?

Yes, but his opponent does not have Alabama values because he does not support raping children.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:stare:

https://twitter.com/WLV_investor/status/938410022538682368

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/938440984018464768

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That's "drive the wrong way away from it" bad.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Kharak California is burning.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
God's judgement on a nation that elected OBAMA

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
http://iscaliforniaonfire.com/

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Someone who knows LA better than me: I have e family in thousand Oaks, they shouldn't be running from a fire right now right?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Govt shutdown is on Friday, right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Someone who knows LA better than me: I have e family in thousand Oaks, they shouldn't be running from a fire right now right?

If the winds are pushing west then yes that whole state park could go and roast Thousand Oaks that's due west of the current fire.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/pvolpe/status/938449363977859073

Six total Democratic Senators, all women, in the last few minutes made statements telling Franken to resign. There was another forcible kissing thing that came out this morning from 2006.

Sounds like leadership gave them the official go-ahead. Bye, Al.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/pvolpe/status/938449363977859073

Six total Democratic Senators, all women, in the last few minutes made statements telling Franken to resign. There was another forcible kissing thing that came out this morning from 2006.

Sounds like leadership gave them the official go-ahead. Bye, Al.

:sigh: Why can't we have nice things.

First we give the world the unholy gifts of Michelle Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty, and now this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Sucks because he was a decent to great senator, but i've already had to deal with "franken was a rapist; moore was at least consensual" on facebook.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sucks because he was a decent to great senator, but i've already had to deal with "franken was a rapist; moore was at least consensual" on facebook.

:thunk:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hey some 14 year olds are VERY MATURE ok.

God I feel gross even typing that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Because "Nobody will believe you, I'm the DA" totally sounds like a consensual relationship.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MA-Horus posted:

Kharak California is burning.

Man, California just needs to hope really, really hard they don't have The Big One with the deranged cheeto in office. Mother fucker lives on petty spiteful bullshit and nothing would make him happier than giving California the Puerto Rico treatment while cranking one out to his electoral map.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
9 Democratic Senators calling for Franken to resign.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sucks because he was a decent to great senator

Agreed, probably why I'm so beat up about it. Not sure if it's my partisanship, or taking party cues, but he just can't be effective anymore. You can't do the usual day trading in the Senate to represent your state when your party isn't in power and they also want you gone.

https://twitter.com/TomFTroy/status/938455307960938496

https://twitter.com/SenBobCasey/status/938454468995231745

Casey/Brown are right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

On the Night News Desk When Trump’s Tweeting Starts

• Locked thread