Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sunswipe posted:

Are trousers made of electrical tape the new fashion?

I mean, not really, but they're called pants now, so you're a lot farther behind the times than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

I mean, not really, but they're called pants now, so you're a lot farther behind the times than you think.

Not in civilised countries, dear.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pants? Trousers?!? Oh you mean scotch egg gloves.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://giant.gfycat.com/MajesticLightIrishwolfhound.mp4

Theft foiled.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://i.imgur.com/C1XMnrf.gifv

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Those shop lifters really forked up .

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

That's Baby Driver's original ending

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Untrustable posted:

Misterbibs related: Today I was on the way to work with my mom and she mentioned to me that an old family friend had died. I asked what happened and she told me he choked on a foot long chili cheese hotdog and no one knew the heimlich and his heart gave out from the stress and panic. My first thought was, "Misterbibs".

I then ate a footlong chili cheese dog in his honor and had a laugh because you can't let death get you down too much. Stay safe bibs.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Of Mice and Men, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/VdF8rB4.gifv

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen spokes fail like that.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That looks a little slowed down, but you can see he's putting a ton of side pressure on the wheel, and he's not a small guy. Happens a lot if you come down off a jump slightly angled to the side, for example.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, mo' money to justify the over-capitalization they have due to the VC crowd. They done got greedy during fundraising (as well as a sloppy round of overstaffing (IMO), so now they have to stay greedy to stay in business. Of course, I am not an MBA or your MBA, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I disagree with the reason being VCs. If Patreon really needed to justify their valuation, they would have made the change before closing their Series C. The investors already gave them the money at their pre-fee change revenue levels. Additionally, valuing VC-backed startups is a lot more qualitative than simply looking at revenue (plus, free cash flow is a much more relevant figure to most VCs, on the quantitative side). I doubt many VC investors would be impressed by Patreon's ability to increase revenue by raising fees. Instead, they'd feel the company is more valuable if they were to increase their revenue by growing the platform/expanding the product. Simply raising fees/prices to desperately increase revenue screams the company is out of ideas, and needs a change in leadership at a minimum.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

We all know that you were going to eat all that lasanyer yourself, Troy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

It's still dangerous for Dublin pedestrians.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

I disagree with the reason being VCs. If Patreon really needed to justify their valuation, they would have made the change before closing their Series C. The investors already gave them the money at their pre-fee change revenue levels. Additionally, valuing VC-backed startups is a lot more qualitative than simply looking at revenue (plus, free cash flow is a much more relevant figure to most VCs, on the quantitative side). I doubt many VC investors would be impressed by Patreon's ability to increase revenue by raising fees. Instead, they'd feel the company is more valuable if they were to increase their revenue by growing the platform/expanding the product. Simply raising fees/prices to desperately increase revenue screams the company is out of ideas, and needs a change in leadership at a minimum.

Well, as I said, I am not an MBA. But, when they are as grossly overcapitalized as they were post-fundraising, all that money wants something. And when average people seem to do a better job figuring out how to solve their problems than they seem to be able to do (like being unable to prorate fees for patrons that join late in a month, instead of double-billing them), I am hard pressed to see much else other than greed, which seems concomitant with their post-fundraising staffing jump.

Following my greed theorem, I foresee them scaling the charges back a bit and a period of adjustment while they figure out the max the patrons will bear. I feel really sorry for those hardworking creators that are suffering from the patron exodus. Some people have said "You need to find other platforms" to some of the creators, but, at the current time, there's no real option I am aware of.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Gotcha, thank you both.

Any links to the relevant thread(s) finding out they had an actual goddamn pedo?

You’d have to troll through the star citizen thread which is thousands of pages of shitposting. If you have plat you can just look up his posts it wasn’t long after he stopped posting that it came up.

Honestly when he first came around I kind of felt bad for him, he was clearly mentally ill and thought he was personal friends with the star citizens execs because they were nice to him in the contest he won. Then the other stuff came out and it of course was even more obvious.

Like as funny and weird as it all is, I still find it depressing as hell.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

There are other platforms (e.g. Gumroad, d.rip); it's just that Patreon was, up to now, the option most people knew about.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

hanales posted:

I'm pretty sure it was some variation on FuzzyModem. (Fuzzy_Modem?)

Posting so there's no confusion.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/zVLbb8W.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have the weirdest fetish now.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Is it for fit blondes? Because it's not that weird. :shrug:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Lol yes definitely not you :-D

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

doverhog posted:

Is it for fit blondes? Because it's not that weird. :shrug:

Yes but they have to be kicking balls.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aerdan posted:

There are other platforms (e.g. Gumroad, d.rip); it's just that Patreon was, up to now, the option most people knew about.

Never heard of Gumroad and I didn't think d.rip was in production now. Cheers for the heads up!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

DontMockMySmock posted:

What I find mind-bogglingly, pants-shittingly crazy about this whole situation is that, regardless of whether anything comes of this investigation, regardless of whether anyone in the Trump administration/campaign colluded with Putin's Russia to help Trump win the election. . . it's still an established fact that Putin's Russia helped Trump win the election. Whether it was at Trump's request or not. This foreign leader whose interests on the world stage are, in many ways, in direct conflict to America's interests thinks that Trump being president of America is good for him/his country. Whether he wants to utterly destroy the West or merely weaken America to help increase Russia's power overseas, he thought that electing Trump will help do that. That is loving terrifying.
Also, 89% of people who voted for Trump would still vote for him if there was incontrovertible proof that collusion with Russia got him elected.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

GWBBQ posted:

Also, 89% of people who voted for Trump would still vote for him if there was incontrovertible proof that collusion with Russia got him elected.

The race was lost when the DNC rammed and scammed their candidate through , rather than blessed Bernie the people actually wanted.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GWBBQ posted:

So we're still around one third of the country dumber than a bag of hammers, sounds about right.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lotta classic sports schaden in the walk of life video, i never realized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

doverhog posted:

The race was lost when the DNC rammed and scammed their candidate through , rather than blessed Bernie the people actually wanted.

lol

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

doverhog posted:

At this point, what difference does it make?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Ya same

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Preemptive shut the gently caress up about Bernie

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ziv Zulander posted:

At this point, what difference does it make?

It proved Michael Moore right. We all have to live with that.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

New to Street Fighter Lore: Cammy is a jerk.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

It proved Michael Moore right. We all have to live with that.

This is why the nukes can't come fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/Uzbl0Wb.gifv