Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The irony of the VA trying for years to tell me to lay off the weed and just take opioid painkillers for my back is definitely not lost on me.

Once you've moved into heavy use territory, getting motivated to do anything is still hard, but nowhere near as difficult as doing it when you're still in reach of the grasp of giggle fits. I'm actually the lightest I've been since I was a teenager. That has a lot to do with my job and my dog keeping me active, but I definitely broke the munchy curse. A USA Today article a while back found heavy marijuana users were generally less likely to be obese than infrequent users or non-users. Who the gently caress knows where USA Today got that data from, but it was there for all to see, in a paper usually associated with groups that prefer it remain prohibited.

Thank gently caress for Colorado.

And Army beat Navy. Good poo poo.

Oh yeah, the VA wants to throw medicine at me like there's no tomorrow, but they gave me a "cannabis addiction" rx because I smoke a gram or two a day.

I mean ignore the fact it helps me actually be functional despite my ptsd and chronic stomach nausea....thanks burn pits!

Probably dying from stomach cancer, lol....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

my kinda ape posted:

There was one guy who was almost certainly a dealer who would come in every week or two and buy 4 boxes of 15 3-packs. I always figured he gave them away to his customers :v:

should have sold them at a premium for the occasional weekend warrior. at this point anyway a prerolled blunt would last me about at least 3 weeks if it was about the thickness i used to roll them years back

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Thalantos posted:

Oh yeah, the VA wants to throw medicine at me like there's no tomorrow, but they gave me a "cannabis addiction" rx because I smoke a gram or two a day.

I mean ignore the fact it helps me actually be functional despite my ptsd and chronic stomach nausea....thanks burn pits!

Probably dying from stomach cancer, lol....

I think they classified me under marijuana dependency. They never seem to update the amount I tell them I smoke either. "So you still smoke two ounces of marijuana a month?" No, for the third time this year, it's 2-3 grams a week of hash. The only thing the VA gives me is zoloft.

I don't discount the effects of edibles on others. I'm not the average person in terms of usage, so my tolerance clearly skews comparisons. But I have no desire to dabble in anything else with the exception of mushrooms, when I'm well and off of zoloft, and not at all a regular thing. The research around psilocybin is pretty promising in terms of depression treatment.

E: link for Nature article on shrooms and depression.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-13282-7

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 10, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

How do you guys afford so much weed

Weed maps. I spent hours finding the best deals before I found a shop that is both awesomely good in quality and price. I also grow my own. I also go to a project that gives weed out to veterans.

It still costs money and I wish I didn’t have to spend it. It’s this or opioids.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gobbeldygook posted:

I ate a lab-tested 15mg edible with almost no tolerance and experienced fairly dramatic open eye visuals; hieroglyphic shifting patterns on surfaces etc. My heart was racing, I was drenched in sweat, and I felt very overwhelmed until I went outside.

So don't underestimate the power of weed with no tolerance.

Too much weed loving sucks and its something habitual users are too stoned to understand.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I get it. And when it happened to me, I hated it. Last time was august '16 after I moved, had a poo poo anxiety attack.

More doesn't mean better until you have a tolerance built. Not everyone grew up on ditch weed either, where it took three joints to meld with your couch, not one or two hits like today.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Too much weed loving sucks and its something habitual users are too stoned to understand.

No, most of us understand. If it weren’t for my adderall, I’d whirlwind like I did a few months ago. Spiral into depression, just want to do nothing and smoke pot.

Marijuana is great that it legit helps. It also sucks because it’s a lazy thing. gently caress the sativa/indica poo poo, any inebriant is gonna make you different and/or lazy without motivation. I force myself to do things instead of procrastinate.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

nah, I learned that lesson. I thought I was prepared to get super stoned, I thought I was pretty tolerant. Anyhow normally at the pot store I'd just quickly order whatever name sounded funny and bounce out because of the SHAME of buying DRUGS still needs beaten out of me after growing up in the bible belt. ANYHOW I thought I was cool and was like "Give me ur strongest poo poo my d00d :twisted:"

By god I smoked it all eventually but it gave me like full anxiety attacks thinking I was having a heart attack (I have a hang up about that) and then I quit smoking for most of the year lol.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I won't take edibles anymore because the last time I did, I had a terrible anxiety attack and it took a good hour to get myself calmed back down. poo poo sucks. I just stick to my one-hitter, and that's good for my tolerance.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i do tolerance breaks about once a month and it really helps keep me in balance

just take 2-3 days off every now and again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i have a bong i hit. ive named it Bitch McConnell. he takes care of me. i dont do concentrates or edibles. just flower. i dont drink or do anything else drug wise. working on quitting cigarettes again.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzTFDPQUP0

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Honestly, the best way to have a good experience is just tell the budtender what type of high you wanna have. I think that sativa/indica is overhyped but terpenes aren’t. Like, you could inhale cracked black pepper and the terpene in there is supposed to have anxiety reducing properties. The same for weed except it adds flavor. I really like the lemon pinesol type of strains and dislike spicy ones. Fruity is ok but it depends on which ones. Picky about oranges.

Edibles is gonna be couch lock period. I have a mammoth edible tolerance but man it still knocks me out with just a Little if I am not careful. These will make your tummy upset if you eat too much.

Vaporizing is a lot of flavor and less harmful. It’s kinda cool because you can reuse the vaped bud to make edibles that are strong as gently caress.

Tinctures are drops under your tongue and it’s really good if you just want the medical benefits and not so much the smoking part.

CBD is a medically proven anti anxiety substance. This is why you typically don’t see THC and CBD together. They kinda cancel each other out. CBD is not psychoactive which means you cannot get high from it. It is a pain reliever too. It works, and it’s good. I’ve read the papers myself and the poo poo is nuts.

You can pretty much do anything with weed now. I bought some on a credit card not too long ago. I ate THC sushi at marijuana farmers market a year ago too. It’s amazing. Embrace it. There’s no judgement here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Marijuana is great that it legit helps. It also sucks because it’s a lazy thing. gently caress the sativa/indica poo poo, any inebriant is gonna make you different and/or lazy without motivation. I force myself to do things instead of procrastinate.

Around the house, it does gently caress all to help motivate me to clean or do much. At work though, I get into a zone where I'm pretty sure the military brainwashed a solid work ethic into me and I'm always trying to make poo poo slightly more organized. Which I realize is kinda odd, but that's probably where the paranoia I used to get around people went after I picked up to heavy use.

It's funny because I occasionally see scent dogs at work and they always sit when I come around, they can smell the resin I'd wiped off my hand onto my pants from dicking with my vape pen (serious potential to get covered in sticky resin). I'm always going to enjoy that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I smoked weed once, can't say I liked it. I got really emotional and kept talking about the time I saved my dad's life. I'll stick with bourbon for the time being.

But if you guys blaze up to keep from going crazy, more power to you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Soulex posted:

I ate THC sushi at marijuana farmers market a year ago too

Is this peak west coast?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hobbesmaster posted:

Is this peak west coast?

What kind of flannel was he wearing?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hobbesmaster posted:

Is this peak west coast?

No mention of obnoxiously hoppy craft IPAs so no it isn't.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
New business idea: a artisan brewery that makes weed-infused beer.

Half Baked Brewing Co., Seal Beach, CA.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
As much fun as that would be, the regulatory bodies involved in alcohol would probably have a shitfit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigDave posted:

New business idea: a artisan brewery that makes weed-infused beer.

Half Baked Brewing Co., Seal Beach, CA.

Better hurry up because it's being done already.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Go start a DD-214 Weed Vets thread this doesn't need to be in CE and there's likely enough content to sustain a thread, thanks

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

maffew buildings posted:

Go start a DD-214 Weed Vets thread this doesn't need to be in CE and there's likely enough content to sustain a thread, thanks

post some content then

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Your Battle Buddy posted:

post some content then

*posts trump tweet*

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

As much fun as that would be, the regulatory bodies involved in alcohol would probably have a shitfit.

Oh goody, Jeff Sessions has his excuse to invade Canada.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

*posts trump tweet*

that son of a bitch has gone and done it again jfc ugh 2017 am i right?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

*posts trump tweet*

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/939634404267380736

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

I'd be on it if I could figure out to make a thread from the awful app. Until one spawns, I'll dial it back.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'd be on it if I could figure out to make a thread from the awful app. Until one spawns, I'll dial it back.

Here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843168

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

post some content then

I called out Roy Moore for disparaging my military service by pointing out that unlike him, I wasn't such an incompetent rear end in a top hat when deployed that I had to check daily to avoid being fragged.

He deleted my post and blocked me, lol.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigDave posted:

Oh goody, Jeff Sessions has his excuse to invade Canada.

brb stocking up on rad-away

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'm willing to bet that at the start any threat of fragging he felt was purely on the basis of having black dudes in his Platoon/Company.

I'm sure in a few months though it was a genuine concern, lol

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

I'm willing to bet that at the start any threat of fragging he felt was purely on the basis of having black dudes in his Platoon/Company.

I'm sure in a few months though it was a genuine concern, lol

According to him, it was because of all the drug users, which he probably felt was the same thing.

Internet tells me that it was because he was a mixture of being a hardass and an idiot.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thalantos posted:

Internet tells me that it was because he was a mixture of being a hardass and an idiot.

that doesn't narrow the military down very much

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This weekend is awash with reporting about how people in Alabama are upset that Roy Moore is reinforcing the stereotype about their state. But then about half of the people interviewed say they're voting for him specifically to disprove this image.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Doug Jones will win

this is a :toxx:

and if not, lol

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Doug Jones will win

and if not, lol

Book it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doug Jones will win

and if not, lol

$10 donation to the ACLU on Moore to win.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

All I really know about Alabama is this

https://youtu.be/c8hwZ3iNcHc

Accurate y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

BigDave posted:

$10 donation to the ACLU on Moore to win.

i was just going to rereg my other account but that's probably a good idea too

• Locked thread