Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have so much love for dudes namsd Chris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Illyana Rasputin/Magik - Mutant Demon Queen of Limbo because as a child she was kidnapped from the X Mansion by the wizard Belasco who wanted to use her soul to do something in Limbo. Between Belasco and an version of Storm that was trapped in Limbo too, she learned magic that augmented her mutant ability to teleport using stepping disks. She also possesss the Soul Sword and Soul Armor, of which she just seems to use her sword now. BTW, its heavily suggested that she and Kitty had a relationship, though I doubt fox would want to have a lesbian in their movie.

Magik is my 3rd favorite Mutant after Wolverine and Rogue, so I'm hoping she's done right in the movie.

Kitty had a relationship with both the Rasputin siblings? drat Kitty, that's wild.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AngryBooch posted:

Kitty had a relationship with both the Rasputin siblings? drat Kitty, that's wild.

And it would have been at the same time too. I mean, its all subtext and they've never straight up said that Kitty was bisexual, and Illyana being a lesbian has only appeared in the Secret Wars event where she and Leah ran off to be lesbian queens of the lands outside of the Shield.

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done the reveal, but maybe that was a Bendis thing?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Man it's so goddamn cool that the dude who plays Steve Rogers is always pulling these Steve Rogers moves. What a good dude.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I'm glad I can finally like Evans again after the freakout with the gays dressed as Cap and Bucky

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

What freakout? I'd heard they kissed each other and took a photo with Evans and Stan.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Wasn't the word that immediately following the snap, he had to leave the con because it triggered an anxiety attack or just made him really uncomfortable, something like that? It sounded a bit like bullshit at the time though being a cynic it didn't surprise me Captain America might be quietly homophobic, I really don't care and was being glib about finally being able to like him lol

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've looked into it and he denied it. It was fandom hearsay, I think.

The panic attack was also allegedly someone trying to kiss HIM.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Chris Evans' brother Scott is gay, Chris has been publicly supportive of him and in general they seem pretty close. Whatever you heard sounds like a pretty hefty dose of ~fake news~

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

twistedmentat posted:

And it would have been at the same time too. I mean, its all subtext and they've never straight up said that Kitty was bisexual, and Illyana being a lesbian has only appeared in the Secret Wars event where she and Leah ran off to be lesbian queens of the lands outside of the Shield.

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done the reveal, but maybe that was a Bendis thing?

At this point the subtext is so prominent and obvious (depending on the writer of course) that it's almost disingenuous to call it subtextual. I don't know why no one has just come out, as it were, and made it a formal, textual thing. I mean, come on.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've looked into it and he denied it. It was fandom hearsay, I think.

The panic attack was also allegedly someone trying to kiss HIM.

Which, if true, may very well have more to do with some stranger attempting to sexually harass him. And even if not, I personally don't give much of a fig what he thinks of us, as long as he is openly supportive to lgbt people or just shuts up about any potentially stupid opinions he might have.

On a different topic, crossposting this from cineD:

Mr. Apollo posted:

The original Steppenwolf design for JL looked a lot more like what we saw at the end of BvS. The studio felt it was "too scary".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BceeJl9h-8w/

The original design looks way cooler than what we eventually got.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently, Ciaran Hinds never even met the rest of the cast.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I had heard Chris Evans struggles with anxiety and stuff to the point that he almost didn't take the role because he wasn't sure he could handle being that famous, so I'm inclined to let him leave a few cons without assuming he's a secret rear end in a top hat

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

All you need to know about the New Mutants is that they own.

Except Rusty and Skids, they kind of sucked for the 5 minutes they were on the team before getting arrested or kidnapped or brainwashed or whatever happened to them.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Confession: I like the Thomas Jane Punisher movie. I saw it on Netflix and popped it on to laugh at it in a world where Berenthal was already the best Punisher. It was still fun to watch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SonicRulez posted:

Confession: I like the Thomas Jane Punisher movie. I saw it on Netflix and popped it on to laugh at it in a world where Berenthal was already the best Punisher. It was still fun to watch.
It’s not bad, but it feels dated

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hell, Jane Punisher felt dated when it came out.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I literally cannot stop laughing. This is "We regret to inform you the duck is racist" meme come to life. I feel so bad for Chris, he just wanted to do a nice cool thing for a bullied kid.

What do you do in a situation like this? Oh man, this is like some absurd comedy bit from Veep or something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is the kid posting rascist trash on his fb? If not then who gives a poo poo. Don't punish the kid for his mom being trash

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Is the kid posting rascist trash on his fb? If not then who gives a poo poo. Don't punish the kid for his mom being trash
Well. According to the person that shared those photos, the kid wasn't so much bullied as the other kid was standing up to him repeatedly calling him the N-word.

https://twitter.com/Candi_AppleRed1/status/940232279770705920

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I suppose Evans could still take the kid to the Avengers premiere and give him a stern lecture afterwards. Or maybe introduce him to his good friend Samuel.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Uhg, that sucks. How do you back out of that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Uhg, that sucks. How do you back out of that?

You make some poor Disney PR person call and cancel and never mention it again.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
You probably don't back out of it, you take it as an opportunity to educate and help a kid understand that all the stupid poo poo he's hearing his parents say at home isn't right. His parent's likely won't say otherwise either while they're in the spotlight. A kid that young is just repeating what he's absorbing at home and likely doesn't understand why it isn't going over as well in public as it does with his family.

Captain America telling you that you're being un-American by being racist is a good image, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

YIKES

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

You probably don't back out of it, you take it as an opportunity to educate and help a kid understand that all the stupid poo poo he's hearing his parents say at home isn't right.

Definitely but I feel like if they don't also bring the other kid along it's still "white kid uses the n-word, gets to meet Captain America".

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Definitely but I feel like if they don't also bring the other kid along it's still "white kid uses the n-word, gets to meet Captain America".

film cap giving him a stern lecture before they take him to any movie,post it online,if the kid is apologetic he goes to the film if he's a shithead then cut to cap explaining why bullies don't get ahead in life,boom.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

Well. According to the person that shared those photos, the kid wasn't so much bullied as the other kid was standing up to him repeatedly calling him the N-word.

Yowza

Okay if that's true then i definitely do not envy Chris's position right now

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Evans gotta punch that kid now, it's what Cap would do

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nick Spencer writing reality this arc I see.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Endless Mike posted:

Lmao.

Samuringa posted:

Evans gotta punch that kid now, it's what Cap would do

Haha.

Phylodox posted:

I suppose Evans could still take the kid to the Avengers premiere and give him a stern lecture afterwards. Or maybe introduce him to his good friend Samuel.

I vote this. Not really the first bit, because a stern lecture wouldn't be as good as Sam Jackson asking yelling at the kid to purposely call him a racial slur.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Smash cut to the other kid wearing a shirt that says "I was repeatedly called a racial slur and all I got was this t-shirt"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes he deserved to cry and I hope he burns in hell.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just send him to the Luke Cage Season 2 premier instead

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He should cancel the offer, the A doesn’t stand for Antebellum.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I am still giggling over this. Oh man, this is just so absurd, i think this is so drat ironic it broke me. This is the worst timeline

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Yes he deserved to cry and I hope he burns in hell.

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Oh my god this story is going places.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The internet really is powered by human misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://twitter.com/XLNB/status/940266751178051585
https://twitter.com/XLNB/status/940267580249407488

• Locked thread