Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/940811089926868993?s=17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Came here to post that, loving :lol: I'm dying.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It is really good. Also that is the voice of a true goon.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I’m so glad this is the definitive shift that needed to happen. This is the lights coming on after last call.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

lightpole posted:

Response to Alabama from one of the redder ends of on my Facebook: "gently caress, there goes National Reciprocity!"

gently caress this guy. Not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative response.

I expected to wake up to hear that we had elected a pedophile to the Senate, but was so surprised and happy to see that Jones got the win. I can’t wait for Two Scoops to engage in a real, unhinged tweet storm when Kelly isn’t looking, maybe even tweeting so hard he rips out his Diet Coke IV.

This, with the new Star Wars movie getting good reviews, is making my loving day.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Jones won but Trump still has 3 years left to nuke America... your victory maymays are premature motherf*ckers.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:laugh: but seriously the man belongs in jail

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Woof Blitzer posted:

Jones won but Trump still has 3 years left to nuke America... your victory maymays are premature motherf*ckers.

Please let us hold onto this moment for just a second or two longer

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Surprised trump hasn't pointed out he endorsed someone else in the primary.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Surprised trump hasn't pointed out he endorsed someone else in the primary.

Trump's so senile he probably doesn't even remember that

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I met Charles Barkely once at a bar on Long Island. He was gracious, kind, and generous with his time, and made sure to take a picture with everyone who asked. He also bought the entire bar a shot.

He's such an awesome guy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
He should have bought 54.1% of the patrons a shot. :haw:

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Please let us hold onto this moment for just a second or two longer

The only way good poo poo keeps happening is if people keep working to make it happen and take advantage of opportunities.

E: holy poo poo it is possible that the American electorate can still feel shame, regret, and hope:
https://mobile.twitter.com/kerpen/status/940807904109744128
Like, it's loving nuts that this many people showed up to vote D in an off year special election.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 13, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god this means taxes are dead

49-51

Collins
Rand
Corker
TBA

good loving job trumpo

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Is this what hope feels like
Do I dare?
As a filthy euro watching friends and allies poo poo the bed and fingerpaint with the poop is getting old

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump's so senile he probably doesn't even remember that
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940904649728708609

Just had to wait for Trump to wake up and start tweeting.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Trump must've really taken that Patton movie speech to heart about how America hates a loser.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Vasudus posted:

oh my god this means taxes are dead

49-51

Collins
Rand
Corker
TBA

good loving job trumpo

Does it though? The WSJ has an article this morning saying the GOP could rush to clear the tax overhaul by next week, before Jones is certified and takes the seat. Democrats could seek to delay the vote, but I’m not sure what would end up winning, honestly.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
How is the deck stacked against a republican in Alabama?

Unless...

Unless he knew that Moore was a fellow sexmonster.

TRUMP

(he didn't and his brain is so smooth it's a frictionless surface)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

nwiniwn posted:

Does it though? The WSJ has an article this morning saying the GOP could rush to clear the tax overhaul by next week, before Jones is certified and takes the seat. Democrats could seek to delay the vote, but I’m not sure what would end up winning, honestly.

Corker/Paul/Collins are still NO, so it's still dead and none of them are on the committee. If they don't poo poo this bill out in a week it's never going to happen period.

Flake is still a wildcard, since the GOP broke their promise in exchange for his vote the first time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ayn Marx posted:

Is this what hope feels like
Do I dare?
As a filthy euro watching friends and allies poo poo the bed and fingerpaint with the poop is getting old

you just wait your turn to fingerpaint then

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
And Trump/GOP still endorsed the fucker.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vasudus posted:

Corker/Paul/Collins are still NO, so it's still dead and none of them are on the committee. If they don't poo poo this bill out in a week it's never going to happen period.

Flake is still a wildcard, since the GOP broke their promise in exchange for his vote the first time.

You're wrong about that part. The only actual no is Corker.

Paul is justifying a yes because of the tax cut aspect (his tweet was bullshit) and Collins is making noises like she's having second thoughts. Rubio is pissy that he got rolled on the child care tax credit. Until I see any different, the vote count is still 51-49 for the tax bill, 50-50 if Jones gets seated fast.

Another senator or two still needs to get spooked for the bill to get killed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
two things:

alabama still sucks, but a little less than i thought yesterday morning

and charles barkley rules harder than i thought.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

and charles barkley rules harder than i thought.

Inside the NBA is one of the best shows on television because of his authenticity and his ability to laugh at himself and go back and forth with Shaq. It's barely even about basketball, mostly just a bunch of former players laughing at each other for an hour.

Here's his interview from CNN last night and not just the transcript, still shocked he completely passed up the Trump shot setup at the end: https://twitter.com/AC360/status/940797589640876033

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was more dark and sad than a dark comedy. I advise waiting for it to go on hbo or showtime instead of paying box office ticket money.

Doug Jones winning is the beginning of the mattering, in my humble opinion. Watch. Just watch.

Feels good :cabot:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The NBA is doing a very nice job of overtaking the NFL. Basketball is a lot of fun to watch.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

barkley owns forever

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was more dark and sad than a dark comedy. I advise waiting for it to go on hbo or showtime instead of paying box office ticket money.

Doug Jones winning is the beginning of the mattering, in my humble opinion. Watch. Just watch.

The same director/writer did a movie called Seven Psychopaths a few years back, also featuring Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson. It's more along the comedy lines, but retains his really dark sensibilities. Generally recommending to anyone who's down to watch a two hour dialogue-heavy comedy. Great payoff in the end.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is my favorite movie so far this year, and there's been some pretty stiff competition from Baby Driver, Blade Runner, T2 Trainspotting, and Dunkirk (e: and Wind River!). It's definitely not an out-and-out comedy, but the funny bits are really loving funny, and it hits hard elsewhere.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 13, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

no recount shenanigans, it's done

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/940939277990612993

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wind River is fantastic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Moore is basically done politically then yea?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

cowboy elvis posted:

Hahaha NOPE!

Moore cleared the board on non-college educated white men, he's coming back.

Trump / Moore 2020

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I don’t see how that is feasible. Moore stood a chance being the republican down there. He’s not a cult of personality like Trump. And the party is now given a clean break away from him without worrying about how’d they handle having an accused pedophile among them.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

My guess is he'll make another appearance next year for a house seat.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Good news: Trump is awake

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940904649728708609

As a reminder:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940584383605563392

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940930017365778432

BigDave fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 13, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

cowboy elvis posted:

I don’t see how that is feasible. Moore stood a chance being the republican down there. He’s not a cult of personality like Trump. And the party is now given a clean break away from him without worrying about how’d they handle having an accused pedophile among them.

he is a cult of personality like Trump in Alabama. he could easily run for another seat and even this same seat in 2020 and probably win.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he is a cult of personality like Trump in Alabama. he could easily run for another seat and even this same seat in 2020 and probably win.

I simply do not see this happening but then again it is the world we live in.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

BigDave posted:

Hahaha NOPE!

Moore cleared the board on non-college educated white men, he's coming back.

Trump / Moore 2020

I saw that, congratulations to non-white people stopping a kid fucker from being voted into your senate by white people. To the same non-white people: You need to do something about the white people.

E: Maybe like a reverse slavery 3/5ths thing for like 50 years? I dunno, not an ideas man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

cowboy elvis posted:

I simply do not see this happening but then again it is the world we live in.

the GOP will absolutely try to prevent Moore from running again anywhere but he isn't the type of guy that takes "No" for an answer

• Locked thread