Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

incogneato posted:

Thanks for this. I'm only just at the beginning, but I'm really enjoying this game.

Yeah, if you're looking for a decent puzzler with RPG elements, you should try the game. It's good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Dungeons of Chaos is an old school style rpg, similar in vein to old Ultimas. Not iap, just a story driven classic rpg with turn based semi-tactical combat. Multiple character classes, loads of diablo style random loot, tons of content. Being actively updated and expanded upon.

Imo it's worth every penny. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this one.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

quite stretched out posted:

ive been aiming for a broad spread in wrestles, tryin to get at least a heel and a face of every colour just for maximum flexibility while still being able to get the +20ish% bonus for having a set of heels or a set of faces in your team

Do you mix and match your teams depending on the opponents?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Dungeons of Chaos is an old school style rpg, similar in vein to old Ultimas. Not iap, just a story driven classic rpg with turn based semi-tactical combat. Multiple character classes, loads of diablo style random loot, tons of content. Being actively updated and expanded upon.

Imo it's worth every penny. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this one.

Oh man, this looks ideal for a tablet.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Well regarded find the object game Hidden Folks is now out for Android.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I took a few days hiatus from that Clone Evolution game and Hootington has the guild up to level 6, we're in the number 2 spot on the server and it looks like there are empty spots.

Not sure if interest has waned but just saying.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

syscall girl posted:

I took a few days hiatus from that Clone Evolution game and Hootington has the guild up to level 6, we're in the number 2 spot on the server and it looks like there are empty spots.

I'm still actively playing (and in the guild) but I'm currently in a state of high frustration that I won't be able to finish out the 180 arena wins in time... I've got 157 and enough gems to get up to 174, but I can't figure out any way to scrounge up the last few gems. If I'm lucky, the free shop refresh will give me a discounted (preferably with gold_ arena ticket or two when it refreshes but I've only got two opportunities at that. I am profoundly unable and unwilling to whale out on this poo poo, too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ignoranus posted:

I'm still actively playing (and in the guild) but I'm currently in a state of high frustration that I won't be able to finish out the 180 arena wins in time... I've got 157 and enough gems to get up to 174, but I can't figure out any way to scrounge up the last few gems. If I'm lucky, the free shop refresh will give me a discounted (preferably with gold_ arena ticket or two when it refreshes but I've only got two opportunities at that. I am profoundly unable and unwilling to whale out on this poo poo, too.

Oh same. Except I just made it to 60 wins... Like I said I took a few days off so whatever.

We're #2! We're #2!

I notice some of the players are stripping down their teams to like 2-3 players in the arena so they can get smacked down because once you hit a certain number of wins you're going up against better players. Keep bouncing around between diamond and bronze and master.

Oh wait, 180 is an Uncle Joe (Stalin) and I already have one. I just got a new purp Dr Time* (Einstein) and Symphony D so meh.

*ALSO DO NOT ROLL A LEVEL 47 Marilyn Monroe into Einstein, you still end up with a level 1 Einstein. That's loving cold.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

syscall girl posted:

Oh same. Except I just made it to 60 wins... Like I said I took a few days off so whatever.

We're #2! We're #2!

I notice some of the players are stripping down their teams to like 2-3 players in the arena so they can get smacked down because once you hit a certain number of wins you're going up against better players. Keep bouncing around between diamond and bronze and master.

Oh wait, 180 is an Uncle Joe (Stalin) and I already have one. I just got a new purp Dr Time* (Einstein) and Symphony D so meh.

*ALSO DO NOT ROLL A LEVEL 47 Marilyn Monroe into Einstein, you still end up with a level 1 Einstein. That's loving cold.

Yeah, when you consume clones via the Darwin Lab, XP on the clones that are consumed is lost. You do get back some portion of enzymes spent to star them up, though.

I actually have two Uncle Joes right now and all the other materials needed to upgrade the one to gold except one more Uncle Joe (you need the original + 2 more to do it). However... I cashed in a ton of arena points for some gear upgrades and robots and managed to push through the end of the current Campaign stage and scrounge up just enough gems that I might be able to pull this off if I don't lose any fights. I did manage to hit the 2k points threshhold in the arena after a few days and then did the same thing. In part, I felt like maybe I was paying it forward, since part of the reason I got up to 2k was that other people had already done the same thing and made themselves easy targets for me.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ignoranus posted:

Yeah, when you consume clones via the Darwin Lab, XP on the clones that are consumed is lost. You do get back some portion of enzymes spent to star them up, though.

I actually have two Uncle Joes right now and all the other materials needed to upgrade the one to gold except one more Uncle Joe (you need the original + 2 more to do it). However... I cashed in a ton of arena points for some gear upgrades and robots and managed to push through the end of the current Campaign stage and scrounge up just enough gems that I might be able to pull this off if I don't lose any fights. I did manage to hit the 2k points threshhold in the arena after a few days and then did the same thing. In part, I felt like maybe I was paying it forward, since part of the reason I got up to 2k was that other people had already done the same thing and made themselves easy targets for me.

Drop your crew down to like 2-3 guys. Your platinum or whatever status + your weak points will attract people like flies, knock you down the ladder and then you can start farther down where the wins come easy.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Washin Tong posted:

This sounds pretty good, actually. I'll give it a shot as soon as I can level up the right characters.

So uh hi I'm back, I just leveled the cheerleader chick with the Slingshot ability and paired her with my top 2 heavyweights...

:stare:

...now what if I had MORE guys with Slingshot at the same time? I must test this ...for science.
Oh and am I correct in the fact that Slingshot is WAAAY better than Boost right? There's no comparison in the amount of speed you get.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 14, 2017

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah, Slingshot >> Boost.

My current main team is made up of the face versions of a 4* Snorri (heavyweight with slingshot and hypeman), 3* Wiktor (Middle with Slingshot) and 3* Deadly Don (middle with Combo Bump and Boost). This team does pretty awesome damage between the Snorri and the Deadly Don. Wiktor is probably the weakest link, and if I had another heavy with slingshot I'd probably use that over him.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
You can kick Trastion out of the CloneEvo guild. I changed phones and cant get back into the account I was using and kinda lost interest in playing again.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

mrkillboy posted:

Due out for release next year, it looks like hero battler Marvel Strike Force has been soft launched on Android uh.. somewhere.

I'm in Mexico and I've just downloaded it. At a glance it looks like a Marvel reskin of SW:GoH. Which is right up my alley, so I hope it doesn't suck.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

syscall girl posted:

What server are you guys on? I picked this up and joined some rando guild, but I don't really care about it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vulpes posted:

I'm in Mexico and I've just downloaded it. At a glance it looks like a Marvel reskin of SW:GoH. Which is right up my alley, so I hope it doesn't suck.

That doesnt sound bad if the ui isnt rear end or an iap sink lime SW:GoH

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I only need 3 more purples to finish the tavern tasks :(

Oh well I do have like 160 tokens for the slot machine thing for the next time that comes around.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Overwined posted:

What server are you guys on? I picked this up and joined some rando guild, but I don't really care about it.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

In as Ham Of Truth.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

NPR Journalizard posted:

Do you mix and match your teams depending on the opponents?

somewhat. so for example if theres a fight that lots of greens i'll bench my purple dude in favour for a blue (im pretty sure im remembering the strength/weakness circle right but you get my point). then its also good just to have 3 generically good characters of each colour for the introducing: -x- matches so that you can stack your team to be strong against that colour

Washin Tong posted:

So uh hi I'm back, I just leveled the cheerleader chick with the Slingshot ability and paired her with my top 2 heavyweights...

:stare:

...now what if I had MORE guys with Slingshot at the same time? I must test this ...for science.
Oh and am I correct in the fact that Slingshot is WAAAY better than Boost right? There's no comparison in the amount of speed you get.

slingshot makes me flinch whenever i come up against a level that has it in the lineup, especially if theres >1 of them

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
WWE Mayhem, a mobile fighter in the same vein as Marvel's Contest of Champions, is out for anyone looking for some non-slingshot orientated wrestling.

Also out is Prizefighters, a tribute to Punch Out! on the NES with added RPG elements.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 15, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I found an excellent puzzle game called Euclidea that is based around finding geometric stuff such as a square inscribed into a circle or the exact intersection point of the bisected angles of a triangle using tools such as line, point, circle builders, midpoint finder, intersections, and angle bisectors. The trick is, though, is that the solutions have to be -exact- meaning you have to basically build a graphical proof of whatever it is, and there are also challenge stars that are based around only using a certain number of lines or euclidean operations (each tool has its number of each listed to make things a bit easier). For instance, the triangle bisect midpoint puzzle (which i'm on atm) has a line challenge of 2 and a euclid challenge of 6; the angle bisector tools, which would trivialize the puzzle obviously, need 4 operations to complete and draw 1 line each. I'm very early on but this sort of thing is totally my poo poo and im in love :swoon:

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
[Ragnaquest]I did my 2nd 10-pull from the unit machine and my box is beginning to gum up with three-star guys and even after I get rid of units that only evolve up to four it's not super clear who's worth focusing on for a rainbow team. Here's a JP tier list I've been going through -----> link where it confirms Thor is one of the worst units QQ.

anyway, it looks like dirt but it's a cute fun "classic style" gachapon game with a good translation that doesn't take up too much battery or overheat an old phone, which is nice.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

[Ragnaquest]I did my 2nd 10-pull from the unit machine and my box is beginning to gum up with three-star guys and even after I get rid of units that only evolve up to four it's not super clear who's worth focusing on for a rainbow team. Here's a JP tier list I've been going through -----> link where it confirms Thor is one of the worst units QQ.

anyway, it looks like dirt but it's a cute fun "classic style" gachapon game with a good translation that doesn't take up too much battery or overheat an old phone, which is nice.

Edit: Oh haha I misread the event. It has happening now. I only had 3000 gold coins. I got mostly repeats but I got dark santa. I hope they are good.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 15, 2017

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
The way this game handles repeats is, if you don't want to put more than one on a team (no reason not to if it's really good), the only way to squeeze the last drop of value out of them is get both to 5 stars and then use one to limit break the other. They do improve leader skills if you feed one to the other but if I understand right the leader skill resets to level 1 when you evolve the unit. So ***I THINK*** if you don't want to hold on to an extra for that purpose you're alright just selling them. The xmas guys seem pretty good statwise, my guess is it's worth beefing them up

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Not sure if they changed something about the Sponsor Rewards in Muscle Hustle but my last two guys have only been pros. Prior to this all of the wrestlers I had on my boards were superstars.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
How do i join the Clone evo guild?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lexxyth posted:

How do i join the Clone evo guild?

Get on Server 30. Message Hootington, NitonSA or Nikramius (Chief, official and official). There are still 2 spots open as of this moment.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I found an excellent puzzle game called Euclidea that is based around finding geometric stuff such as a square inscribed into a circle or the exact intersection point of the bisected angles of a triangle using tools such as line, point, circle builders, midpoint finder, intersections, and angle bisectors. The trick is, though, is that the solutions have to be -exact- meaning you have to basically build a graphical proof of whatever it is, and there are also challenge stars that are based around only using a certain number of lines or euclidean operations (each tool has its number of each listed to make things a bit easier). For instance, the triangle bisect midpoint puzzle (which i'm on atm) has a line challenge of 2 and a euclid challenge of 6; the angle bisector tools, which would trivialize the puzzle obviously, need 4 operations to complete and draw 1 line each. I'm very early on but this sort of thing is totally my poo poo and im in love :swoon:

These developers did another geometry game called Pythagorea, so check that out as well. There's a spinoff of it too, for even more math geometry puzzles.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there anything like Snipperclips on mobile? I'm guessing no, but figured I'd ask.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

This game is great when I downloaded way back when. Then I got stuck :(

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Muscle Hustle at 351046. It's fun. Only 2 superstars so far, so still trying to figure out what to do with my team. Is there any sort of information on this, like are there any bonuses to using multiple Olympians or faces?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

A team full of faces or heels will get you a bonus.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm in with Muscle Hustle, my ID is 352465 (in game name is RupertB)

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Muscle Hustle at 351046. It's fun. Only 2 superstars so far, so still trying to figure out what to do with my team. Is there any sort of information on this, like are there any bonuses to using multiple Olympians or faces?

As mentioned, an all face/heel team will net you a pretty significant bonus, so it is worth working towards that. After that, just have fun. I've been working on advancing my teams as well as building up one or two 1-2 star wrestlers for multiplayer.

As a PSA, money matches are up in the muscle hustle. Get oiled up and go wreck them jabronies, you'll get an absolute ton of cash. I've already got $2,000.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone got a link to the Muscle Hustle spreadsheet. I had to start over on a new phone so lost all my friends. My ID is 345959

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Cross-posted to Idle Games thread:

I sent an email to the devs of Idle Oil Tycoon asking about a sequel and I got this in response:

admin@moldygames.com[/url posted:

Hello,

We have been working on a followup game, but this isn't our job so we don't work on it as much as we like.

A couple of the new things we tried didn't work well and so we're having to scrap lots of what we did. It will happen eventually; hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sincerely,
Moldy Games

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Death Road to Canada is only 99 cents. I know nothing about it beyond it sounds fun but at that price why not?

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I'm 339849 on Muscle Hustle. Currently have a 471 power 4* Odette "Long Neck" Rothbert who hopefully will be 5* whenever the next showman scouting match comes around. Gotta get those coaches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Deathroad to Canada was a fun game concept that was really hosed up by its terrible controls. You'll probably get a :burger: worth of enjoyment out of it though, so for a dollar why not.