Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I think I might actually be more mad if I don't get my R-Rated X-23 movie set in Horrible Trump Dystopia Land than if Ridley Scott doesn't get to do his David movie. :mad:

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We need a climax to the David Trilogy. Or an endless David Saga.

Actually, have David kill Thanos and steal his knowledge at the end of Infinity Wars.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
David in Kingdom Hearts III.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
The only place David is going is the garbage heap of history

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I always assumed the Mind Stone awakened Powers of the other Infinity Stones in them, Mind Stone reads to me like Stone for controlling the other ones effectively as well as it's own stuff. So like Scarlet Witch through Contact with the Mind Stone has powers based on the Reality Stone or whatever it was from Thor 2. Quicksilver got Time Stone powers.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with Magneto being a Holocaust survivor. Do they keep him super old or have him get de-aged somewhere along the way? (Or decide in the MCU his powers slow down his aging.)

Which way lets them keep Fassbender?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with Magneto being a Holocaust survivor. Do they keep him super old or have him get de-aged somewhere along the way? (Or decide in the MCU his powers slow down his aging.)

I've always felt that modern Magneto would be easy to adapt by changing his racial background and making him a survivor of some other genocide. Not hard to imagine an Armenian, Cambodian, or Rwandan version of Magneto.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is there an Arab actor that could play Magneto?

Also I think the X-Men movies already suggest Magneto and the others age slowly. Lucas Till played a 40-something Havok in Apocalypse and that same year he's also playing a high school teen in Monster Trucks and a young McGuyver.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Siddig El Fadil is Sudanese

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

I like him and I thought he was good in Kingdom of Heaven and DS9. That he was supposed to play Sisko but they decided after he was too young and gave him Bashir makes me want to see screentests how that would have turned out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cythereal posted:

I've always felt that modern Magneto would be easy to adapt by changing his racial background and making him a survivor of some other genocide. Not hard to imagine an Armenian, Cambodian, or Rwandan version of Magneto.
Make him Palestinian.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Halloween Jack posted:

Make him Palestinian.

:vince:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

Make him Palestinian.

...I want this to happen.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

I never considered this casting before but I'm a huge fan of it now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not sure how to convert Lensherr into an appropriate surname (al-Lensherr?) but Erik easily becomes Tarik.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Halloween Jack posted:

Make him Palestinian.

Too bad dc wouldnt let him fight wonder woman

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

Not sure how to convert Lensherr into an appropriate surname (al-Lensherr?) but Erik easily becomes Tarik.

Tariq al Anshar?

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
They are not going to make Magneto, a mutant terrorist, into an arab man. That isn't going to go over well and will hurt the Disney brand. Magneto will be a white dude and if they keep his Holocaust background they will say that one of his secondary mutant abilities is that he ages slower or he was experimented on by the guvment or something.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hey, are any of those BvS / art comparisons still around? My wife saw the Ultimate Cut for the first time last night and, after a double-feature of Blade Runner and BR2049 a few weeks ago, she's now all about composition in film. I told her that Snyder specifically drew inspiration from art in some of his setups but for the life of me I couldn't think of any.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://vimeo.com/189876347

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

[slams fork down] GOOD poo poo!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Top Gun posted:

They are not going to make Magneto, a mutant terrorist, into an arab man. That isn't going to go over well and will hurt the Disney brand. Magneto will be a white dude and if they keep his Holocaust background they will say that one of his secondary mutant abilities is that he ages slower or he was experimented on by the guvment or something.

Again: Rwanda, Cambodia, Bosnia just to name three genocides more recent than WW2 or the Armenian Genocide that could quite plausibly be used for an updated Magneto.

If you want to make Magneto into an Arab, make him a Kurd.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Have you considered the alternative of not using a character called Magneto, Master of Magnetism, to explore genocide. .

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I was immediately taken out of my suspension of disbelief by Clark watching a KU football game. Whoever wrote MoS hasnt spent any time with a kansan.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Nasgate posted:

I was immediately taken out of my suspension of disbelief by Clark watching a KU football game. Whoever wrote MoS hasnt spent any time with a kansan.

why would anyone want to spend time with a Kansan if they could help it

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

why would anyone want to spend time with a Kansan if they could help it

We typically flee the state to infest others so we can complain about how there's no good BBQ wherever we go.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
How 'bout an ode to the little people?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Have you considered the alternative of not using a character called Magneto, Master of Magnet, to explore genocide. .

That's better.

e: K. Waste I'm not sure if I need to adjust my monitor's brightness or if you do. That first image I can't make out anything but a hand and just barely a man.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

hahahahahaha yesssssssss

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pirate Jet posted:

hahahahahaha yesssssssss

That's also, again, a way better shot than it strictly needs to be. It's beautifully composed.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Pirate Jet posted:

hahahahahaha yesssssssss

I couldn't get the piss jar label without it looking really obtrusive, but the cherry rancher came out really nicely. I'm glad enough people pushed for it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's also, again, a way better shot than it strictly needs to be. It's beautifully composed.

Larry Fong knows his poo poo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
K. Waste, thank you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Also now I wanna do a movie fight between the school bus mercs in BvS and Valerian, but don't have a way to cap Valerian.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

K. Waste please release your noir cut before the internet starts to suffer from the necrosis.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just an FYI to those saying to modernise Magneto by making him a survivor of the Armenian genocide - it took place in the mid 1910s.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Magneto and his "villainous" cabal, the Black Panthers.

Magneta, from Afghanistan.

Magneto and his deeply personal one-man war against African dictators, using magnetism to replace his hands.

jimshua
Jun 11, 2017

there are three things im good at: counting and lists

Burkion posted:

I mean let's be super honest here

They just haven't brought back J Jonah Jameson back. Like, they had the perfect actor for the role, they know they did, they know they cannot top it there is no surpassing what was there

So they aren't even trying to. The character is gone. He is retired. They did it perfect in one shot and they are never doing it again.

It was the most beautiful casting in any movie in the history of the world and they got it 100% right and now no one dares to try again.

Considering that I do consider it a good film, clearly there is one

i think it would be very funny to have hannibal burress doing JJJ with no explanation

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Just an FYI to those saying to modernise Magneto by making him a survivor of the Armenian genocide - it took place in the mid 1910s.
Make him a survivor of the Balkan wars. Or just say that he has extended lifespan as a secondary mutant power.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kurzon posted:

Make him a survivor of the Balkan wars. Or just say that he has extended lifespan as a secondary mutant power.

Falklands vet. Las Malvinas son Britanicas.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Yeah, I got that mixed up with the Bosnian genocide. Rwanda and Cambodia were also more recent.

The Punisher on Netflix did pretty well updating his origins, making him a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq rather than Vietnam. Worked very well for that show, mainly using Afghanistan specifically for Frank's background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

K. Waste posted:

How 'bout an ode to the little people?

Man, so many of these shots have a serious Robert Rodriguez vibe to them

• Locked thread