Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Hyperlynx posted:

Also, related, is a game called Angels Fall First which has crewing capital ships in combat, plus running to the flight deck to hop in fighters to launch out of them, plus boarding enemy space stations and then fighting as a space marine to capture the base. And it's loving INCREDIBLE.

Battlefront 2 (the original, didn't pay much attention to the new one's space stuff) had that, too. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Looks like I was in the clear, only listings for me were my actual comments in favor. There was another guy with a similar name that really doesn't like the idea though. I don't even think he's a bot either, just some dude in rural North Carolina that really doesn't like net neutrality.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Found a comment from my sister against NN. None from me or anyone else in my family.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zesty posted:

I'm going to need more fake bear attacks.

Will a fake rhino attack do?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Crosspost from the dashcam thread.

`Nemesis posted:

Driver runs down a pedestrian in France, motorcyclist and another driver chase him down, flag down cops, and driver gets arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muAPJiMho2Y&t=65s

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Phanatic posted:

Matt Lauer: Fired.

Garrison Keillor: Fired.

Remember how bad 2016 was for killing celebrities? 2017's like that except it's coming for their careers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

rear end in a top hat's stunt of going through two pieces of wood with his crotch ends with him breaking a few ribs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqNKgPOYV10

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

-Zydeco- posted:

This is easily one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

-Zydeco- posted:

Also of note: the man on the motorcycle is dressed as Santa Claus. This is a very good video.

e: Santa Clause is the movie. Santa Claus is the person. I'm a dingus.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Dec 19, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It's like C'etait un Rendez-vous except in this one the rear end in a top hat gets pulled over.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

rear end in a top hat's stunt of going through two pieces of wood with his crotch ends with him breaking a few ribs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqNKgPOYV10

Don't usually hope for someone to get impaled but seeing this it would be a better lesson to the world than measly broken ribs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

.... and probably his spine. That video was filmed in 2012 and he found out earlier this year that his constant back problems and associated symptoms (headaches, neck aches, exhaustion, motion sickness & vomiting) were because his cerebrospinal fluid had been leaking because he hosed up his back sometime in 2012.

Edit: he almost obtained youtube celebrity status back in the day, one of his old videos has 1.3 million views (a 28 second video where he cracks himself in the nuts with a playground ride, the absolute pinnacle of his youtube career) and he had a handful of videos between 4 to 6 years ago that got about 500,000 views each. He's still vlogging like crazy but the best numbers he's pulled for one of his videos in the last 12 months was only 4,600 views. He hosed up his health really badly for these lovely youtube videos and no one gives a gently caress any more.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Dec 19, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Disney recently unveiled their animatronic of Donald Trump for their Hall of Presidents.

Disney World Adds Trump Animatronic Figure, But Likeness Is Lacking

https://twitter.com/spotastic/status/943007084697833473

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

EPICAC posted:

Found a comment from my sister against NN. None from me or anyone else in my family.

cool, keep us posted

The_end
May 17, 2014

Doggles posted:

Disney recently unveiled their animatronic of Donald Trump for their Hall of Presidents.

It looks like Pat Robertson.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How did they expect that to convince everyone? Look how small the tie is!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/8o7mRgp.mp4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ariong posted:

How did they expect that to convince everyone? Look how small the tie is!

It looks like it was tied by a highschooler who only just got his first non-clip-on tie, so they got that much right.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/t7cBorf.mp4

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

My exact reaction was “haha OH KITTY!”

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Known Lecher posted:

I'm the orange safety cone placed to make sure you don't miss the half a car sticking out of a second-story garage.

You'd be surprised how often people will miss dangerous poo poo right in front of their stupid face.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

I remember when that happened, and her mom basically kept unintentionally roasting her on the internet after it happened.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Regarding those Player Unknown videos:

A few people are immediately yelling about reporting people. I assume nothing actually happens even if they do? There's not actually any rule against camping, right? What the Hell - are you supposed to just constantly be on the move, grabbing guns and hoping to win quick draw contests?

I mean, it's definitely just people acting like loving babies, right?

Edit - watched a couple more. Holy crap it makes me want to buy it solely to camp. Dear God.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Dec 19, 2017

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Tony Phillips posted:

A few people are immediately yelling about reporting people. I assume nothing actually happens even if they do? There's not actually any rule against camping, right? What the Hell - are you supposed to just constantly be on the move, grabbing guns and hoping to win quick draw contests?

Edit - watched a couple more. Holy crap it makes me want to buy it solely to camp. Dear God.

Who the hell cares?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

KoRMaK posted:

Who the hell cares?

The folks in the video, obviously. They care very much.

e: No way was anybody taking video in that one banned. Camping isn't against the rules.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

From what I can tell if you win the gamble about where the circle is going to be and can take position, camping is the intended way to play.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I mean, poo poo, there was one guy who made it to the last 4 alive by apparently just camping in an attic inside the circle. His first kill was one of 5 people left, who got made knowing that it was that guy's first kill of the game. Camping is 100% an intended playstyle of the game.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

-Zydeco- posted:

This is amazing. I found another by what I think is the same guy in a pant-shittingly fast chase through Paris at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXVOciEeBF8

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tony Phillips posted:

not against the rules and certainly not worth whining and getting mad about.

after having put a few hundred hours into the game i'd say that you're not going to necessarily have a ton of success if you focus on camping

i think most of the really good players do not stay put in one or two locations for a whole game

SpacePig posted:

I mean, poo poo, there was one guy who made it to the last 4 alive by apparently just camping in an attic inside the circle. His first kill was one of 5 people left, who got made knowing that it was that guy's first kill of the game. Camping is 100% an intended playstyle of the game.

it's not intended playstyle but you can make it work for you

hiding in the bushes like that guy did can work really well, but not enough of the time to consider it a viable, repeatable strategy

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I've been top three once and it was sheer luck. Good gear right where I dropped, and it ended up being dead center of the final circle.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Atmus posted:

I remember when that happened, and her mom basically kept unintentionally roasting her on the internet after it happened.

That sounds crazy, details?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Doggles posted:

From the Cursed Images thread, a simple photoshop that makes things right:

Esplanade posted:

Curse lifted.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Powaqoatse posted:

Yeah, :same: because Google is giving me nothing on this.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Powaqoatse posted:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/01/04/plano-woman-disfigured-by-propeller-takes-first-adventure-since-accident/

The first two paragraphs aren't as blatant as I remember them being, buuuuuuut...

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's a guy who comments on the MST3K blog I read that none of the vocal regular commenters can stand. Yet despite the regulars dunking on him and his different opinions (and upvoting each other's dunks, naturally) he's still there and people still read and reply to him. Is it schadenfreude to enjoy seeing this guy post and driving all the blog regulars crazy?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
A lot of people seem to think they can either post a point so logical even a lunatic would be convinced or a burn so harsh even the densest idiot will slink off in shame. Neither has ever happened but that doesn't stop them from trying.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Tony Phillips posted:

It's been pretty common practice for a while now for sore losers to immediately report anyone that beats them. You see it all the time in any game (especially DOTA/LoL, Overwatch, and now PUBG). It's usually just a sort of "gently caress you, I hope you get banned" sort of saltiness. It's so commonplace that basically every developer has systems in place to account for it so it doesn't actually result in bans.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... and probably his spine. That video was filmed in 2012 and he found out earlier this year that his constant back problems and associated symptoms (headaches, neck aches, exhaustion, motion sickness & vomiting) were because his cerebrospinal fluid had been leaking because he hosed up his back sometime in 2012.

Edit: he almost obtained youtube celebrity status back in the day, one of his old videos has 1.3 million views (a 28 second video where he cracks himself in the nuts with a playground ride, the absolute pinnacle of his youtube career) and he had a handful of videos between 4 to 6 years ago that got about 500,000 views each. He's still vlogging like crazy but the best numbers he's pulled for one of his videos in the last 12 months was only 4,600 views. He hosed up his health really badly for these lovely youtube videos and no one gives a gently caress any more.

Ah the ol Pro Wrestler style career path

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gorilla Salad posted:

In these troubled times, it's good to remember what pranks really mean.

Link to 50 more as well as seven other collections

https://i.imgur.com/30fbj6X.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Fantastic Flyer posted:

A lot of people seem to think they can either post a point so logical even a lunatic would be convinced or a burn so harsh even the densest idiot will slink off in shame. Neither has ever happened but that doesn't stop them from trying.

I know when I argue with idiots only (Or when i'm the idiot arguing) I think of it as not trying to convince them, but showing the others reading it what the other viewpoint is.