Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm hoping we get some good cartoons about the new animatronic Trump at Disney's Hall of Presidents.

World Famous W posted:

That was clearly a Hillary animatronic hastily changed to be Trump. It haunts my dreams and thoughts now.

:trumppop:Now it makes sense .

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So the national debt and the bag of money are completely unrelated?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:trumppop:Now it makes sense .

The weird part to me is that it's androgynous in an inhuman way. I run around with a lot of people who look androgynous as a result of transitioning, and none of them look like that thing. It's uncanny valley but for gender, I guess?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

it looks so sad :(

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Thanks, Ted.

Lol.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

A Bad Comic because in it there is actual money trickling down on the lower/middle class.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

quote:

Sup my fellow thought-criminals, it's Stone, creator of StoneToss comics here. I am manufacturing the psychic chemotherapy necessary to cure the world of the mental cancer spread about by the likes of Assigned Male, (((liberalism))), and Soy-based dieting.

Not only will every dollar you contribute be denied to gay-pandering corporations, you are steering the culture away from an estrogen fueled dystopia where you BETTER bake that homo-cake OR ELSE.

quote:

$21.00

per month
5 patrons

What a dipshit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Is that the Klurfsman or some other waste of oxygen?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

loving (((liberals))) wanting free poo poo. Here's a link to my patreon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Someone else, as far as I know Red Panels Nazi hasn't come out of retirement yet.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Another one of those Stormfront style guys. So the latter.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
On one hand, everyone deserves a living wage and to be free from the fear of destitution. On the other hand, gently caress him and the 5 assholes throwing $21 dollars at him a month.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ha ha ha, yes!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm in favour of subsidizing all of stormfront a one way trip to alpha centauri.

^^^^Amazing.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Kaza42 posted:

The most rational argument I heard about it is this:
With Net Neutrality, ISPs cannot charge separately for access to certain websites. Let's say that under this system, All Access Internet costs $100 for ease of comparison.
Without Net Neutrality, ISPs will likely break out access or services into "optional" bundles. This could look something like this (again, numbers are just for comparison, and are not meant to be exact):
Basic Internet: $75
Fast Social Media: $10 per site
Fast Streaming: $15 per site

And so for people who don't use social media and maybe use 1 streaming site at most, this will be a price cut. After all, basically everyone complains that they have to get a big bundle when they get TV, so why shouldn't the same rules apply to Net Neutrality?

Now, I'm pretty sure that this is possibly right. Repealing Net Neutrality does have a potential upside in allowing ISPs to provide more customized - and possibly cheaper - services for people. However, A) they probably won't actually be cheaper and B) There are a fuckton of downsides to it as well. Something doesn't have to have literally no possible advantages in order to be Really Bad.

Except that there's no underlying mechanism for that to make sense, it is literally nothing but charging you more for things they already have to do. A packet-switched network is not the same thing as cable TV.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someone else, as far as I know Red Panels Nazi hasn't come out of retirement yet.

Why would they be seperate people?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What a dipshit.

Wait, is that real? :psyduck:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Yeah there wasn't a huge public outcry that was completely ignored or anything :fuckoff:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Johnny Walker posted:

Well thanks! That's actually a reasonable if flawed premise.

Just remember that the only way the ISP could offer you faster streaming of video or access to social media or whatever is if they're actively monitoring what sites you're visiting.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

albany academy posted:

Why would they be seperate people?
Art style is fairly distinct even though they both went for the Ku Klux Klurf look.
e: and I think RP guy was making more than $21/mo back when patreon kicked him off so he could have just set up a hatreon and announced who he was to make more dinero

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Why couldn't Shmorky have been the litigious sort of horrible person? :saddowns:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Panty Saluter posted:

Yeah there wasn't a huge public outcry that was completely ignored or anything :fuckoff:

Yeah, people are too distracted with the internet to notice the big internet-effecting thing that was widely discussed on social media on the internet.

So bad thing + someone staring at cell phone really is just the lazy "I didn't have a comic this week" template huh? Just needs to end with The Black Mirror

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Why couldn't Shmorky have been the litigious sort of horrible person? :saddowns:

Because "style" isn't something you can sue over.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the progress of Brexit under Theresa May – Theresa May has insisted the government must aim high in the next phase of EU negotiations, during a meeting of her ‘Brexit war cabinet’ that highlighted some divides between senior ministers"

Telegraph:

Michael Gove ‘haunted’ by plastic pollution seen in Blue Planet II

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

HMS Queen Elizabeth: Leak discovered on new £3.1bn aircraft carrier; Jeremy Corbyn: 'I will probably be prime minister in the next 12 months'

Mail:
Mac on... England's Ashes defeat

David Squires:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

duz posted:

Because "style" isn't something you can sue over.

I know that but it would be fun if he entangled them in a series of stupid legal challenges.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Nobody's stopping you. Why haven't you started the REVOLUTION yet?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hobbes, nooooo

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

Nobody's stopping you. Why haven't you started the REVOLUTION yet?

People, people, just keep voting for the guys the focus groups say have the best metrics and we'll eventually get a narrow majority so we can debate in congress why it's not feasible to do anything that is actually useful or productive.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
It's like a whole generation of Democrats got their politics from Moneyball, the 2011 baseball drama, only they forget that after the movie every other team started doing the same thing and the A's ate poo poo for the next 10 years.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 20, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

So, "Democrats are useless but I need them to start the revolution for me." Is that it?

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Man, lookit them saggy monkey titties.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It can, but it's hard to picture a government which wanted to do it, and could survive the backlash of defying the original referendum's results.

From what I recall they're locked in to it now because they passed the "point of no return" where they could just say "ha-ha, just kidding" and the EU is highly invested in making this as painful as possible as an object lesson to any other member country that might want to think about leaving.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

MikeyTsi posted:

Man, lookit them saggy monkey titties.

A monkey without bomb-rear end titties. A shameful monkey.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ryonguy posted:

People, people, just keep voting for the guys the focus groups say have the best metrics and we'll eventually get a narrow majority so we can debate in congress why it's not feasible to do anything that is actually useful or productive.

Be the change you want to see in the world, namaste.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress :lol:

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

The most rational argument I heard about it is this:
With Net Neutrality, ISPs cannot charge separately for access to certain websites. Let's say that under this system, All Access Internet costs $100 for ease of comparison.
Without Net Neutrality, ISPs will likely break out access or services into "optional" bundles. This could look something like this (again, numbers are just for comparison, and are not meant to be exact):
Basic Internet: $75
Fast Social Media: $10 per site
Fast Streaming: $15 per site

And so for people who don't use social media and maybe use 1 streaming site at most, this will be a price cut. After all, basically everyone complains that they have to get a big bundle when they get TV, so why shouldn't the same rules apply to Net Neutrality?

Now, I'm pretty sure that this is possibly right. Repealing Net Neutrality does have a potential upside in allowing ISPs to provide more customized - and possibly cheaper - services for people. However, A) they probably won't actually be cheaper and B) There are a fuckton of downsides to it as well. Something doesn't have to have literally no possible advantages in order to be Really Bad.

The problem is, it's not cable, where you have channels, it's just a pipe, like your water, electricity, or other utility. Hell, they don't even own most of the infrastructure they're using to get whatever site you're accessing.

They're a loving utility, and they should be described, treated, and regulated as such.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"Burdened Survivors." Man he always just knocks it out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nenonen posted:

Yes, all rapists and harassers, no Christmas presents to you! That will suffice for punishment.

*hastily draws Santa with a giant pair of bloody scissors.*

• Locked thread