Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/943577539943063554

Haven't seen it anywhere else but, good he finally picked a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Vasudus posted:

Lollin' at anybody that thinks being poor isn't a monumental pain in the rear end and a nonstop anxiety attack.

poo poo's mind-warping. It's like deep animal stress.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
AT&T said they are giving $1000 bonuses to 200,000 employees because of the tax bill so if you have AT&T expect your bill to go up a few dollars in the future.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Soulex posted:

Then threaten them with taking away funding if they don’t.

Wonder what happens when all the places we have US bases say no.

This is what the CIA is for.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This was back in JUNE? Of this loving year?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The Democrats will invariably be assigned the blame for the tax bill fallout

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Don’t worry Democrats will gently caress it up somehow.

e: which is why most of this momentum should be focused on stacking local and state elections with young eager progressives.

build dat bench :getin:

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Pelosi will get the House and first thing she'll bring up is gun control

These are all true.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

AT&T said they are giving $1000 bonuses to 200,000 employees because of the tax bill so if you have AT&T expect your bill to go up a few dollars in the future.

It's extra comical because AT&T's effective tax rate was already low, at 8%, so the cut likely doesn't do much for them. It's all about sucking up to Trump to get the AT&T / Time Warner merger approved out of court.

Yet, they're still better than Comcast.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Meanwhile, Nikki Haley says we’ll be “taking names” of whoever votes against the US in a non-binding UNGA vote calling for the embassy to not be moved to Jerusalem. I guess we’re just gonna go to war with everyone to be on the safe side.

https://apnews.com/bc946df73d6f4206af39cf3c5b67c40f

The hate squash really is as dumb as his supporters isn't he.

He really thinks that foreign aid is some chump's game where we just hand out billions of dollars for no reason at all.

I wonder if China expected us to make it this easy for them to replace us as the predominant superpower.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

boop the snoot posted:

They had to do that because of a union agreement.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
At&t isn't being altruistic. Their hands are forced thanks to the union. Yet unions are bad.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if anyone thinks unions are bad they're welcome to eat the poo poo out of my rear end since apparently they're into that kind of thing

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Donnie Dumbfuck said the quiet part out loud again, instead of just zeroing out the individual mandate and moving on with celebrating the tax plan he's patting his own back about how Obamacare is repealed now.

So while the MAGA CHUDs will forever suck his dick about bigly owning the libs it's a really great way for everyone else to be reminded that the GOP owns the economy and health care when anything goes wrong.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

They had to do that because of a union agreement.

And if you just gave the $1,000 to all the union people, you'd end up with a lot of folks joining the union.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bird food bathtub posted:

Donnie Dumbfuck said the quiet part out loud again, instead of just zeroing out the individual mandate and moving on with celebrating the tax plan he's patting his own back about how Obamacare is repealed now.

So while the MAGA CHUDs will forever suck his dick about bigly owning the libs it's a really great way for everyone else to be reminded that the GOP owns the economy and health care when anything goes wrong.

Lol if you think any failures of this policy will ever be blamed on anything but 'liberals, activist judges, the poor, immigrants, welfare leeches, etc'.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
And an estimated 13 million people are going to lose healthcare because of this, because the bill repeals the individual mandate part of the ACA. This, of course, will let people choose to not buy health insurance, and they won't be penalized for it. This will completely change the risk pools that insurance companies create, which will of course increase the cost of insurance premiums for millions of Americans. Millions won't be able to afford insurance any longer because the premiums will go up.

Not to mention the fact that Susan Collins completely hosed up and got duped by McConnell, because there is absolutely no way that McConnell is going to vote to increase the payments to insurance companies to stabilize the markets, because those markets are now going to be completely hosed over. As are an estimated 13 million Americans.

gently caress McConnell, gently caress Ryan, gently caress Trump, gently caress all the Republicans that voted for this piece of poo poo bill. But especially gently caress Jeff Flake and Susan Collins. I can't believe that dumb oval office has the gall to say and complain that the coverage of her getting duped by McConnell is sexist.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

boop the snoot posted:

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/12/19/comcast-cox-frontier-net-neutrality/

lol a bunch are already raising prices

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress McConnell, gently caress Ryan, gently caress Trump, gently caress all the Republicans that voted for this piece of poo poo bill. But especially gently caress Jeff Flake and Susan Collins. I can't believe that dumb oval office has the gall to say and complain that the coverage of her getting duped by McConnell is sexist.

Not sure that I agree with the singling out part and there's a bit of cognitive dissonance or something in that last but.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I know it's California and all, but this seemed to be rather short sighted...

https://twitter.com/Fightfor15LA/status/943549809260052480

At least three of these guys are in flippable districts. Five if you want to be really generous.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/_YCGFLhrMkk

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Handsome Ralph posted:

So I know it's California and all, but this seemed to be rather short sighted...

https://twitter.com/Fightfor15LA/status/943549809260052480

At least three of these guys are in flippable districts. Five if you want to be really generous.

For a laugh take a look at how Louisiana federal level politicians have approached FEMA and other disaster relief funding.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

The hate squash really is as dumb as his supporters isn't he.

He really thinks that foreign aid is some chump's game where we just hand out billions of dollars for no reason at all.

I wonder if China expected us to make it this easy for them to replace us as the predominant superpower.

If you ever want to see what us surrendering our influence looks like, take a trip through sub-Saharan Africa. Specifically, fly into the new airport in Lome, Togo, which serves as a hub for western and central Africa, or drive down a few freshly paved roads in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau, or check out the new Bank of Central African States building being built in Bangui, Central African Republic. All of these things were paid for by Chinese money and built by Chinese companies. We may have a few SF teams doing SFA/FID in some places and some JSOC stuff going on in the Sahel and the Horn, but the Chinese are letting it be known they are investing big and are there to stay.

You can’t blame this all on Trump, but he really hasn’t done anything to stop it or try to reassert American influence there.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Correct me if I am wrong, but raising prices across the board is something they could have done anyway, yes?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

If you ever want to see what us surrendering our influence looks like, take a trip through sub-Saharan Africa. Specifically, fly into the new airport in Lome, Togo, which serves as a hub for western and central Africa, or drive down a few freshly paved roads in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau, or check out the new Bank of Central African States building being built in Bangui, Central African Republic. All of these things were paid for by Chinese money and built by Chinese companies. We may have a few SF teams doing SFA/FID in some places and some JSOC stuff going on in the Sahel and the Horn, but the Chinese are letting it be known they are investing big and are there to stay.

You can’t blame this all on Trump, but he really hasn’t done anything to stop it or try to reassert American influence there.

Bit of a sticky wicket in some of these places and projects no? China doesn't have a problem supporting lovely projects and regimes. Not saying you are wrong but there's no real clear path forward for the US there.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SimonCat posted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but raising prices across the board is something they could have done anyway, yes?

Yup, and more than likely the rates hikes were planned well in advance of any of the recent shenanigans, but the optics of announcing the hikes are TERRIBLE.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

lightpole posted:

Bit of a sticky wicket in some of these places and projects no? China doesn't have a problem supporting lovely projects and regimes. Not saying you are wrong but there's no real clear path forward for the US there.

We have embassies in all of the places that I mentioned, minus Guinea Bissau but we still engage with their government from Senegal. And we were also really involved in providing the diplomatic and political backing for South Sudan, which is one roiling cauldron of war crimes, official impunity and other sundry horrors.

You’re totally correct that China isn’t going to care about human rights violations or lovely regimes. At least the US has continued to put the screws to Kabila and the DRC over the former’s forgetting to hold elections last year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm dreading Christmas politics talk because I'm not really willing to let people off easy this year. Could get in a fight over the tax bill, could say something to the effect that I don't care if Israel is wiped off the map. I don't feel like being nice this year.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm dreading Christmas politics talk because I'm not really willing to let people off easy this year. Could get in a fight over the tax bill, could say something to the effect that I don't care if Israel is wiped off the map. I don't feel like being nice this year.

Anybody talking poo poo at Christmas better have some loving sources. Gonna institute a no sources no seat rule at the table.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lightpole posted:

Anybody talking poo poo at Christmas better have some loving sources. Gonna institute a no sources no seat rule at the table.
If my uncle wants to play temporarily embarrassed millionare again I'm bringing up him going bankrupt for $600k. And probably reminding him that he thought invading Iraq was a brilliant idea well into 2007ish, and told us all at Christmas 2008 that the economy was doing great.

He better hope that nothing happens to Social Security because that's all he's going to have.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

He better hope that nothing happens to Social Security because that's all he's going to have.

Quick reminder that Paul Ryan furiously masturbates to exactly this and has already said it's next years agenda.... when he suddenly cares about fiscal responsibility and government deficits again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bird food bathtub posted:

Quick reminder that Paul Ryan furiously masturbates to exactly this and has already said it's next years agenda.... when he suddenly cares about fiscal responsibility and government deficits again.

That started like 2 weeks ago

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

You should give out these: https://www.zazzle.com/hillary+clinton+ornaments

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Proud Christian Mom posted:

That started like 2 weeks ago

next year is 2 weeks from now

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The Trump administration just approved the sale of lethal aid to Ukraine.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Which side are they arming

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

What did they tell him it was?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Which side are they arming

He asked hopefully

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Saw this on one of my libertarian New Hampshire friends fb page

He's starting to turn to the dsa

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm dreading Christmas dinner at my future-in-laws because I know someone is going to loving bring this up and I'm gonna have to bite my tongue incredibly hard so as to not ruin the holiday for myself and my fiance. It took her awhile to understand that the estate tax isn't officially called the death tax and that her parents are loving scaremongering about it to her and her siblings when it likely won't affect them and if it does, barely (they are very well off but not THAT well off).

The other day out of left field, my future FIL drops this gem "The economy in 98 was good because of the internet, not because of Clinton or anything the government did"

No :ironicat: big enough for that statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

im just not going home lol

• Locked thread