Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Cake Attack posted:

Pc is fine for anything that doesn't really use the touch screen but I can't imagine playing something like twewy on a pc

Mouse works a lot better than stylus for 99% of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there something about infinite space i was missing when i played it cause i found the game to be relentlessly dull and the combat system mediocre

it's more of a collection of potentially interesting ideas than an actual good fun game to play

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, i guess it's a game from Platinum Games, that counts for something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bottom Liner posted:

Mouse works a lot better than stylus for 99% of games.

Yeah I played Ace Attorney Investigations 2 using nothing but a mouse and it was cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I played Ace Attorney Investigations 2 using nothing but a mouse and it was cool.

Capcom should really throw up all those games on Steam since they’d work well with mouse and keyboard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Capcom should really throw up all those games on Steam since they’d work well with mouse and keyboard.

Capcom should really give us Ace Attorney Investigations 2 :argh:.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Capcom should really give us Ace Attorney Investigations 2 :argh:.

I don't want to lose the fantranslation's awesome name puns.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
If I sold my 3ds years ago, and then bought a new 3ds just now, is there any way to get my downloadable stuff back? I have no idea what the old serial number was or anything, I figure I'm just out of luck.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

COOL CORN posted:

If I sold my 3ds years ago, and then bought a new 3ds just now, is there any way to get my downloadable stuff back? I have no idea what the old serial number was or anything, I figure I'm just out of luck.

You need to have either system transferred from your old system to the new system, or call Nintendo with both serial numbers.

If you don't have the old system or it's serial number, you're out of luck.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If you had a Nintendo Network ID registered on the old 3DS, Nintendo customer service may be able to transfer purchases to your new system. They will probably ask you to name some of those purchases for verification though.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

So odd question.

I started playing Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia last night on my New 3DS. The screens would dim seemingly randomly. I noticed that there was some wiggle room on the top part of the clam shell when it was fully opened, and when it was closer to closing, the screen would dim (if that makes sense). I don't remember this happening when I played other games a few months ago, but I could have just failed to notice.

My question: is the screen set to dim when opened to certain points, either as a feature of the New 3DS or as a feature of Fire Emblem Echoes? Is this something you have experienced, or should I send it in for a repair?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Do you have the auto-brightness setting turned on?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Have you tried turning off Auto Brightness, and seeing if it still happens?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'll check on lunch break. Thanks for the replies.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Any guesses as to why my 3DS XL is having trouble reading cartridges now? If I have a cartridge in the system, the Home menu will sometimes act like I keep removing and reinserting the cart, or it just won't recognize that there is a cart in the system at all. I was also playing a cart game and the system suddenly told me that the cart had been removed, except that I hadn't removed it.

E: No I haven't done any homebrew on this system.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 23, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

C-Euro posted:

Any guesses as to why my 3DS XL is having trouble reading cartridges now? If I have a cartridge in the system, the Home menu will sometimes act like I keep removing and reinserting the cart, or it just won't recognize that there is a cart in the system at all. I was also playing a cart game and the system suddenly told me that the cart had been removed, except that I hadn't removed it.

Contacts could be dirty? Try cleaning the slot with compressed air.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

C-Euro posted:

It's gone rogue.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SeANMcBAY posted:

Contacts could be dirty? Try cleaning the slot with compressed air.

Could it potentially be a system software issue? It first started happening after I changed the cart while a game was suspended (but not the game on the cart), which I feel like I've done without issue before but I haven't picked up my 3DS in a while. It also seems like it's taking longer than usual to recognize when I've removed or inserted a cart, but again it's been a while since I was doing this a lot. Not sure if leaving the same cart in the slot for months on end can affect it negatively or not...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 23, 2017

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

C-Euro posted:

Blow in the slot. :clint:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

C-Euro posted:

Could it potentially be a system software issue? It first started happening after I changed the cart while a game was suspended (but not the game on the cart), which I feel like I've done without issue before but I haven't picked up my 3DS in a while. It also seems like it's taking longer than usual to recognize when I've removed or inserted a cart, but again it's been a while since I was doing this a lot. Not sure if leaving the same cart in the slot for months on end can affect it negatively or not...

You could always restore to default and see if it is happening.

Or just try to clean the contacts which is easier.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I just got Monster Hunter Stories, should I wait to install all the DLC? I don't know if the tourneys and sidequests change the flow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I just got Monster Hunter Stories, should I wait to install all the DLC? I don't know if the tourneys and sidequests change the flow.

They don't, go download it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

They don't, go download it.

Thanks!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally FINALLY had a thing to spend gold points on. 5bux for Earthbound 3DS, finally I have it in a legal form.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm having a lot of fun with Zelda Picross - what would be a good picross game to get next?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picross 3D Round 2 is very good. Good segue for a question myself. Are the other Boxboy games good, more of the same of the first one?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

any of the Picross e games are a safe bet

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

2D picross is boring after 3D.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Are the other Boxboy games good, more of the same of the first one?
Each adds new gimmicks to the levels. Also, you keep all the unlocked costumes through the series. Including Wizard.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

2d picross is better than 3d

:getin:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

larger 3D picross puzzles seem way more daunting to me than 2D ones. Like after I finish a big 3D puzzle I go to the next one and it's also huge, I just feel drained and stop playing for a while

Both are really good though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I personally couldn't get into 3D Picross the way I can 2D, but to each their own.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

2d picross is better than 3d

:getin:

:yeah:

I can't get into 3d picross at all. I'm enjoying the color picross game I got as a nice change of pace, but the cursor for button mode is horribly ugly and hard to keep track of compared to Picross e's one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I just can't wait for 4D Picross.

I got Mario Party Top 100 and my family had a lot of fun playing it. My mother, sisters, niece, nephew, brother-in-law and myself were alternating on 4 3DS's using single-card play.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I like the first picross 3d more than picross 3d 2nd, since you only had to manage one color there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Are the other Boxboy games good, more of the same of the first one?

The second one is literally more of the same, the third one adds more original gimmicks, both are fine.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Allarion posted:

I like the first picross 3d more than picross 3d 2nd, since you only had to manage one color there.

I got into picross with Picross 3D Round 2 and to this day I still find it much easier than normal Picross. Having two colors helps a lot when completing lines.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

Each adds new gimmicks to the levels. Also, you keep all the unlocked costumes through the series. Including Wizard.

And there's no reason to use anything but Wizard, right? I'm on the last world of the original. And for the price, I'll probably pick up the other two. I just haven't gone through quickly, about a year off and on playing. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

And there's no reason to use anything but Wizard, right? I'm on the last world of the original. And for the price, I'll probably pick up the other two. I just haven't gone through quickly, about a year off and on playing. :v:

Sure you can use Wizard.

If you're a filthy cheater

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I used Bunny am I worse or better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alxprit posted:

I used Bunny am I worse or better

I forget what Bunny does exactly but I don't think any of the powers trivialize the game as much as wizard.