Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes yes

the one on the r a d i o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I swear this isn't the only time Marty has the boys sing Goldfinger, but I have a terrible memory

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Don't tell me there's no cocoa...

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
CAM WINSTON!! :argh:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I have no idea how or why Frasier came back on the internet, but I'm glad it did.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/944077639517659136

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Daphne is not the one with mind powers? What?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
The replies reminded me of this classic

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd enjoy a poster of that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What's the best Frasier Christmas episode? I did a bit of drinking last night and watched a few.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I like the one where they ruin the dean’s christmas trying to get their son into the fancy school

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still laugh at the one where the Jewish Mom and daughter come over

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oldpainless posted:

That one was very funny, particularly as a Jew.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Daphne's psychic powers are back again, and enabling more hilariously terrible decisions!

I want to complain about her being the worst part of the show by far, but then remember Lisa Kudrow was almost a cast member and just write it off.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

oldpainless posted:

That's the best Christmas episode, especially Jesus Niles coming out of the bathroom with a Christmas tree.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I want to complain about her being the worst part of the show by far, but then remember Lisa Kudrow was almost a cast member and just write it off.

She married money!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bust Rodd posted:

I like the one where they ruin the dean’s christmas trying to get their son into the fancy school

And the dean eventually lets him in realising it's the only way he's ever going to be rid of them.

It's not much of a surprise Frasier and Lillith divorced and still get along, they enable each others' worst aspects.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

They ruined his Thanksgiving, I believe.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

WampaLord posted:

They ruined his Thanksgiving, I believe.

yeah, meanwhile Niles or Martin or someone is trying to make the kid less of a wuss and give him a black eye and allergic reaction

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I like Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowicz well enough but personally think High Holidays and We Two Kings are better overall. Frasier Grinch is pretty good too, with Frasier agonizing over Frederick not wanting any educational toys, Maris cutting Niles off from his bank and credit accounts, and the ongoing battle between Martin and Frasier over Christmas decorations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I've changed my vote to Perspectives on Christmas.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's not much of a surprise Frasier and Lillith divorced and still get along, they enable each others' worst aspects.

It's quite unusual in sitcom world as they both seem like plausible people and the relationship is real.

Unlike the usual trope where one partner is normal and the other is an ogre/moron.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

mojo1701a posted:

I have no idea how or why Frasier came back on the internet, but I'm glad it did.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/944077639517659136

Who is the guy in the middle?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst Niles likeness I have ever seen.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yes, it's pretty terrible, as is Bulldog(?) with the camera. After searching around, apparently Niles is Eleven because he gets nosebleeds when he lies, which is a pretty drat obscure bit of Frasier trivia. It would still make more sense to have Daphne be Eleven since she's the psychic, plus Niles is neurotic like Joyce though not quite as debilitatingly extreme.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Found in CSPAM

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The Cranes of Maine have got your living brain!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

spog posted:

It's quite unusual in sitcom world as they both seem like plausible people and the relationship is real.

Unlike the usual trope where one partner is normal and the other is an ogre/moron.

Yeah, most of Frasier's immediate family sides with him and makes fun of her, but it's still clear she's really a sane and competent individual who just wasn't right for Frasier.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can I start up the "Mel was better for Niles than Daphne" debate again? I know I'm in the minority, but Daphne and her whole family are the worst parts of the show by a very large margin.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can I start up the "Mel was better for Niles than Daphne" debate again? I know I'm in the minority, but Daphne and her whole family are the worst parts of the show by a very large margin.

Mel was a piece of work, though. She made Niles seem cool and reasonable in comparison.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe, but she wasn't a psychic from a cartoon family.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Mel fit in perfectly. Just needed a laugh track for her snobbery.

And Daphne's arc made the most sense when she was feigning obliviousness and toying with Niles (because he's ridiculous).

I wonder when they decided to have them get together?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bust Rodd posted:

“YeeeeOOOOOO, Good Morning SEAAAATTLE! It’s me, Doctah Fray-Cray in the mornin’, with the delectable *awooga noises, hubba-hubba sounds* Roz (chorus line: It’s ROZ!)! We got some great giveaways today but the real gift, of course, is the satisfaction of knowing that you are all living your best life as an actualized, complete person.... (Foghorn) Allright gang, you know that means, it’s time for a traffic bumper while Roz and I scramble around for something funny to leave in Maddog’s desk drawer! Join us after the commercial break for more of your favorite Shrink who loves to think! This has been the DOKTAH, Frasier Crane, and as always, stay cray-cray in a good way, Seattle”

"(chorus line: It's ROZ!)" loving slew me, thank you

maskenfreiheit posted:

you're basically a sociopath. you're manipulating people

authenticity is a virtue

it's entirely possible to engage different interests and express different parts of your personality with different groups of people. don't fall into the "only one true self!!" obsession with authenticity trap that the loving hippies did.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's entirely possible to engage different interests and express different parts of your personality with different groups of people. don't fall into the "only one true self!!" obsession with authenticity trap that the loving hippies did.

Joseph Goebbels posted:

I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things from what I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Please keep Nazi comparisons out of the Frasier thread.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I didn't realize presenting different parts of your personality to different groups of people as appropriate made you a Nazi

Brb gonna go email a list of crude jokes to my boss

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is all because I said Frasier was cooler in his Cheers days.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

WampaLord posted:

This is all because I said Frasier was cooler in his Cheers days.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZYH_rJcTjw

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004