Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

Are there ever? Seems like all the good ones get locked into big extensions before their rookie deal expires.

(insert Steve Hutchinson joke here)

Except when the Saints and Ravens let good OG's go, yeah it's usually not great. But this year it looks especially dire.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/guard/

I didn't recognize a bunch of the younger dudes so I went to the respective NFL Reddits to scope and yeesh. It's a tire fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Are there ever? Seems like all the good ones get locked into big extensions before their rookie deal expires.

(insert Steve Hutchinson joke here)

iupati

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hifi posted:

iupati

Letting Iupati go in free agency instead of offering him a big contract was another one of the crimes committed by 2015 49ers GM Trent Baalke.

Oh hey our QBs are getting sacked constantly I know let's not re-sign our best OG, sure

e. oh hey the Cardinals also have Alex Boone now

but the cards do have phil dawson and andy lee, why do they have a bunch of our best guys

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 27, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, are the Rams sitting starters? Do they have no position battle or just not care whether they get 3 or 4?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They are probably sitting starters, and probably don't care so much about the seeding to have that take preference over having healthy rested stars for the playoffs. Were I in a position to make that decision I'd do the same.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/946149223438860288

Well, that's that. Personally I would've let Gurley try to get the rushing title but whatever.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Is resting players ever good. I'm sure there's been countless articles on the subject

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Is resting players ever good. I'm sure there's been countless articles on the subject

Regardless of any questionable statistical analyses, the inherent “not playing means not getting injured while playing” is an obvious reason why benching starters would be a good idea.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Last few years it felt like the teams resting their starters came out flat but its better than an injury

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, especially positions like running back but qb not so much. Unless you are playing the jaguars.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is 100% true. Fisher doesn't know anything about staffing an NFL team in the current landscape.

gently caress Jeff Fisher.

I can't wait for Jeff Fisher to get hired by the Bears or something and then immediately hire his buddies Gregg Williams and Dave McGinnis and an offensive coordinator that's never coached in the NFL before to run Trubisky into the ground.

Fenrir posted:

Wait, are the Rams sitting starters? Do they have no position battle or just not care whether they get 3 or 4?

Rams are pretty banged up right now. Saffold, Whitworth, Sullivan all have minor injuries they are playing through on the O-Line. Robert Woods came back from injury, but he's still hurting. Ogletree and Mark Barron will both probably sit, they've been banged up as well. Having everyone healthy is imperative if they make it past the first round and have to travel to Philly or Minnesota.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I mean, there's the historically dominant record of "teams coming off a bye vs teams that played last week" so I honestly think there might not be studies since it's so evident

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

I was hoping the Rams would have more to play for, thus not needing to rest players. I want another repeat of the TNF game from week 3.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Letting Iupati go in free agency instead of offering him a big contract was another one of the crimes committed by 2015 49ers GM Trent Baalke.

Oh hey our QBs are getting sacked constantly I know let's not re-sign our best OG, sure

e. oh hey the Cardinals also have Alex Boone now

but the cards do have phil dawson and andy lee, why do they have a bunch of our best guys

For what it’s worth Iupati was not a great pass blocker. But he was a no-brainer guy to re-sign if you want to run power, which the 49ers did at the time.

Other than crippling cap woes I doubt any team has ever been well-served by letting a good lineman go.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Sean Mannion vs. Jimmy G a marquee NFC West matchup

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Sean Mannion vs. Jimmy G a marquee NFC West matchup

Malcolm Brown worries me tbh. Mannion....eh, he's a solid backup.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

shirts and skins posted:

All I want for Christmas is

T
R
A
D
E

R
U
S
S
E
L
L

W
I
L
S
O
N

Seahawks twitter is hilarious when they lose oh my goodness.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

T
R
A
D
E

R
U
S
S
E
L
L

W
I
L
S
O
N

Seahawks twitter is hilarious when they lose oh my goodness.

Wow! Social media can be poison. Although, I guess also highly entertaining.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Malcolm Brown worries me tbh. Mannion....eh, he's a solid backup.

Brown is okay so far, he's good at not dancing around and just going forward. I don't think he's had a negative-yards run so far this year or very little. Mannion is a career backup at best.

Edit: Actually gently caress it, I hope Mannion looks amazing this weekend then the Rams flip him to Elway for a 2nd because he's tall and had a good game once

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 29, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wife told me jimmy g isnt as handsome as I say he is please advise

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Has she seen him play the game of football? There could be some confusion due to lack of context.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

Has she seen him play the game of football? There could be some confusion due to lack of context.

He's a pretty boy on the sidelines or in front of a camera, but with helmet on, he's sex on wheels on the field.

I don't think OP's wife "gets" football.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

:sever:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

She's obviously lying to spare your feelings.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Spoeank posted:

Maybe she's gay?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

She's saying that because she thinks you are more attractive. You must be chiseled from marble with beauty that shines like the sun.

Grats on being handsome, pretty boy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm just going to make her watch Jimmy G tape interspliced with interviews, A Clockwork Orange-style. Thanks guys.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Spoeank posted:

he gets to be in a league where he gets compared to guys like goff, dalton, and rothlisberger and i think that warps everything a little

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

My plan to secretly subvert her into Seahawks fandom is working.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I showed my wife derek carr's sultry eyes last year and she wasn't impressed,but she agrees jimmy g is hunky

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

thank u rams for making the annual 49ers beating rams game easier

https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/947561107568205825

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is there a stream out there for hawks cards?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Reddit dot com slash r slash nflstreams

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Going to miss Hyde next year. Some team is going to get a bargain.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Throw Countess out of the NFL. Motherfucker.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947601952040353792

I'm at full mast.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seahawks window has finally closed :woop:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
revised NFC West rankings going into next season:

1. 49ers
2. Cardinals
3. Rams (regression)
4. Seahawks (for real a bad team)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Seems like he’s completely forgotten how to play football. This has been a cringeworthy stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
that goodwin hit still making me twitch irl

• Locked thread