Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

psychoJ posted:

i mean yeah, for sure, it's a lovely situation that everyone should pay attention to, it's just the overall attitude of "we're all going to die" from literally everyone on the internet is beyond tiring

:agreed:

lovely snipe, but best tax

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

moostaffa posted:

The Trump Presidency™

This is the future Republicans want
:votegop:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can search "Fox News live stream" on youtube and have your pick of Fox News rebroadcasts.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Xae posted:

Yeah.

It'll probably leak out in a couple of weeks and then we'll know why he chose now to melt down.

Worth noting that Trump is never not melting down. Hearing any news from the TV or a subordinate that is not congratulatory bootlicking infuriates him, so his aides spend all day every day trying to prevent him from announcing moronic decisions of dubious legal power.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
AT&T's DSL is currently having some outages where I am.

The nature of the outage is of some concern. A lot of websites work fine. Like Google, Netflix, Youtube, and CNN. But a lot of sites like this one and reddit are simply not loading at all...

I'm wondering if they're testing their selective throttling system now that they can block access to whatever websites they want to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CelestialScribe posted:

Why do people keep saying this? A limited nuclear exchange will absolutely end life on earth.

Why do you think that? Yeah, a limited nuclear exchange between the US and Russia could escalate into that, and the assumption is that it would, but there's no reason a limited exchange couldn't take place between powers with smaller arsenals, or a country with a much smaller arsenal and a robust nuclear state, which wouldn't lead to the collapse of human civilization. I mean maybe it would doom us all in the long run because the nuclear taboo will have been broken, and people will think nuclear war in the future is survivable too, but in the long run someone's going to break the seal anyway so YOLO.

Obviously a limited nuclear exchange would still be really bad though.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

What the everloving gently caress is this?
I know he's probably going to just tweet poo poo, but there is the possibility that he's going to actually have a televised little award show with actual little trophies that he gives out to noone. What an odd way for America to die.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

CelestialScribe posted:

Why do people keep saying this? A limited nuclear exchange will absolutely end life on earth.

What, no.

We've set off an absolute poo poo-ton of bombs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

You seem to confuse descriptive and prescriptive statements. Times have changed, and yes, Hillary's slavery issues would be a problem for her in the 2020 primary and would weaken her as a candidate.

The fact people come out of the woodwork to roll their eyes at Harris because of her office's pro-slavery and anti-trans legal stance already is a big red flag that this issue isn't going away for her.

If we get started with focus-groups now I'm sure we can come up with a more electable term than pro-slavery and anti-trans.

How about judicial-fiscal pragmatism?

Ooh I know "smart labor"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

yo y'all freaking out over this - this is like absolute proof trump is never going to nuke anyone. every single threat he has ever made has been empty as gently caress.

:greencube:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

skylined! posted:

yo y'all freaking out over this - this is like absolute proof trump is never going to nuke anyone. every single threat he has ever made has been empty as gently caress.

:greencube:

He threatened to run for president and we laughed.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Unormal posted:

This isn't true, we can (very easily) end up with a limited nuclear exchange that fucks poo poo up pretty bad but won't kill us all.

as long as it only involves you and the DPRK. If a preemptive war does something that looks scary, scary to China or Russia that is? Heh.

Im not saying the way JFK ended was a thing to remember. That was very bad. Nuclear delivery by way of Minuteman III launches instead of B2, is also a very bad thing. Those Minutemen can look scary.

It's been a year. Mueller or dementia or blue wave impeachment... just. get. it. done.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I want to watch THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR show.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Ceiling fan posted:

Man, wasn't everybody spending all day today wishing Trump would tweet and keep the thread from derailing? What's the problem?

It’s like when you’re on a long drive with a couple of noisy kids and you’re hoping to see like an overturned truck or something to distract them for an hour and then you see the truck but it’s not just overturned, it’s on fire and there are chicken feathers everywhere and a man is running into the field wearing nothing but polka-dotted underpants and people are screaming and a fire truck races up but that too overturns and crashes into a school bus and a man comes up and knocks on your window and tells you his dick is bigger than yours.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Limited thermonuclear exchange destroys America, pushes climate back about 4C with the dust. God works in mysterious ways.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sinteres posted:

He threatened to run for president and we laughed.

Turn the gas on in my cage
I drink the poison
Send me an assassin
I drink the poison
Dead demons in my guts
I drink the poison

I drink the poison
I drink the poison
And I'm still laughin

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Okay, did he get hacked by someone who is doing a spot on impersonation of him? Because otherwise he sounds like he is cracking...I expect the normal vitrol and petty behavior, but this is just a weird, random vaguely mean tweet. I wonder if someone tipped him that a huge story is about to drop and he is trying to muddy the waters for his base again before the bomb. Think Mueller has another indictment in the works?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ague Proof posted:

The real Doomsday Clock is the one Trump can't draw.

:five:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

BigglesSWE posted:

What the everloving gently caress is this?

trumps gonna announce the queen of the ms alternate universe pageant

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Unormal posted:

Limited thermonuclear exchange destroys America, pushes climate back about 4C with the dust. God works in mysterious ways.

The problem with this is that the second the US is nuked, we may just end up nuking a few of our enemies at once as a dick waving reflex. You think we would let Russia or China have an advantage of not being nuked?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hastings posted:

Okay, did he get hacked by someone who is doing a spot on impersonation of him? Because otherwise he sounds like he is cracking...I expect the normal vitrol and petty behavior, but this is just a weird, random vaguely mean tweet. I wonder if someone tipped him that a huge story is about to drop and he is trying to muddy the waters for his base again before the bomb. Think Mueller has another indictment in the works?

probably, there might be a story or something that pops up a couple weeks/months from now to confirm it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I loved how he whined about not watching TV because he is too busy, but he’s insanely consistent in tweeting about exact topics on Fox News within maybe 10 minutes

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The problem with this is that the second the US is nuked, we may just end up nuking a few of our enemies at once as a dick waving reflex. You think we would let Russia or China have an advantage of not being nuked?

If the US gets nuked by NK, you can bet your rear end Russia will use the opportunity to also nuke the US in an attempt to pile on and finish the job.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably, there might be a story or something that pops up a couple weeks/months from now to confirm it.

Or tonight.

Maddow is reporting a NYT Op-Ed from the Fusion GPS guys that calls for the transcripts of their testimony to be released now, and has some pretty big new info in it. It's not online yet as far as I can see.

Edit: Here it is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opinion/republicans-investigation-fusion-gps.html?referer=&_r=0

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/948377077019013121

:master:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Hastings posted:

That’s my pet theory too.

This reminds me of the time the Swedish (racist) Democrats, a political party here in Sweden, decided to host an “alternative” Nobel prize awards thing, since they won’t get invited to the actual Nobel celebrations.

I’m thinking this might be a thing that Trump hosts with honorable guests to dish out the prizes, such as Alex Jones.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

KickerOfMice posted:

How did I forget about that already? Here it is, for anyone who hasn't seen it. poo poo, and for those who have.
This is full-swing wrecking ball ownage. Literal dumbstruck silence included. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzznsc0

God I love watching that. The only thing better is the senator clowning on the judge appointee who doesn't know his rear end from a hole in ground.

"Yaahve got ta swear on the BAAAHBLE!"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

tecnocrat posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948355557022420992

Sweet loving Christ. It's a real time, geo-politcal Dick waving contest.

when i'm dead after the bomb falls on DC i hope you all remember me

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

as long as it only involves you and the DPRK. If a preemptive war does something that looks scary, scary to China or Russia that is? Heh.

Im not saying the way JFK ended was a thing to remember. That was very bad. Nuclear delivery by way of Minuteman III launches instead of B2, is also a very bad thing. Those Minutemen can look scary.

It's been a year. Mueller or dementia or blue wave impeachment... just. get. it. done.
Well yes, that's why the statement was "a limited nuclear exchange". A limited nuclear exchange that escalates into a massive full-out apocalyptic war between larger nuclear entities isn't a limited nuclear exchange anymore.

Its possible to think that nukes could fly without everyone on earth dying shortly thereafter, and pretending that words don't mean things anymore so you can worry yourself into a panicked tizzy is stupid.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

If the US gets nuked by NK, you can bet your rear end Russia will use the opportunity to also nuke the US in an attempt to pile on and finish the job.

Are you crazy? Nothing North Korea could do to us would put the tiniest dent in our nuclear arsenal, so Russia would be eating a thousand nukes to the dome because they felt like piling on when its biggest adversary was in the process of taking potentially its greatest loss ever.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I loved how he whined about not watching TV because he is too busy, but he’s insanely consistent in tweeting about exact topics on Fox News within maybe 10 minutes

Dude projects so hard it's ridiculous. Basically anything he ever complains about others doing is what he is doing, with a high degree of accuracy.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Can't argue with that. drat.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 3, 2018

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

axeil posted:

when i'm dead after the bomb falls on DC i hope you all remember me

https://youtu.be/nSz16ngdsG0

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Look even if North Korea had functional nukes and we attacked first the max they could probably have is like what. 3?

I'd be surprised if they're any large than 1 megaton either. Their last test was 250 kilotons.

Saying it made a direct strike on Los Angeles - which it probably would not do. we're talking about a pretty limited fireball. The vast majority of the local population would survive and most of the fallout would go out to sea or into the desert.

So yes it's horrible and would cause impeachment/destroy trumps reputation and kill hundreds of thousands of americans. But it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Unormal posted:

What, no.

We've set off an absolute poo poo-ton of bombs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Jesus H. gently caress

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm pretty sure Trump's approval with Republicans would go up if he convinced Kim to nuke Los Angeles, wiping out the major cities probably their best chance to carry California in 2020.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He's already moved on to talking about Hannity running a piece on Hillarys EMAILS. The dude isn't launching anything.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
while we're on the end of the world, here's a really fun, very detailed, alternate history I read over the break about the cuban missile crisis

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-cuban-missile-war-timeline.65071/

tl;dr: the USSR lost real bad, the US lost most of the east coast minus boston.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Trump's tweets should make everyone rejoice; they're all bullshit, much like everything he says, that serve no practical effect but to worsen his polling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

Unlikely. Basically half the important Russians have their kids here (the rest are in Western Europe).

• Locked thread