Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dyz posted:

https://plays.tv/s/L_0BHY3piTZ-

Proning is really good guys idk what you’re talking about.

It's good to get top 10s, we were talking about win conditions in the last circle though.

If all you want to do is get top 10s while AFK then yeah you can prone on the edge of every circle until you die and that will guaranteed get your rank from a % to a flat number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Odobenidae posted:

i'm top 100 and i've seen one (1) hacker in 300 hours of play.

Im top .5% oc squad and its 3-4 blatant aimbotters a night :shrug:

E: oh your one of the idiots getting tribal about gamemodes

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 6, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

Im top .5% oc squad and its 3-4 blatant aimbotters a night :shrug:

E: oh your one of the idiots getting tribal about gamemodes
You will see less hackers in fpp because most of the hackers are Chinese and primarily play tpp. At least on na

Dosan Yvormes
Jan 6, 2018
I must say, since I have started playing FPP I have been having better luck (I am terrible at the game still) but I have found that camping is less effective in FPP compared to in TPP.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Sorry for the not great quality, but, clips!

https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingSwissBadgerCoolCat

On my way to getting a dinner.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveSplendidNigiriAllenHuhu

And then this one a minute or so after.

I almost potatoed the last guy, thank god for extended mags.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

How on earth are you guys able to tell so quickly where the fire is coming from? I’m usually flailing around like I am the chicken dinner.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dangerllama posted:

How on earth are you guys able to tell so quickly where the fire is coming from? I’m usually flailing around like I am the chicken dinner.

You get better and better and better at telling where people are just by sound.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dangerllama posted:

Years and years and years of playing counter-strike (sound). Also, always be aware of your surroundings, enemies are going to be in cover at rocks and trees. Try and remember where those are so you can zoom into those areas when you hear fire coming from that general direction.

Notice in that kar98 clip, the first thing I zoomed into was that rock, and he was just to the right of it. I scoped the rock a few seconds earlier, so I knew potentially an enemy could be around there.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sound, followed by predicting where people would be and then process of elimination. You hear the snap/whiz of the bullet, keep moving so you don’t get hit but remember where you just were. You hear the report, so you look that direction if they’re not just standing out in the open, eliminate the angles from where they couldn’t have shot you from. Start checking the obvious places like windows and roofs, then rocks and trees or good ridges. If you still don’t see them, go back to where you originally got shot at but keep moving back and forth to draw out more shots.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

Sound, followed by predicting where people would be and then process of elimination. You hear the snap/whiz of the bullet, keep moving so you dont get hit but remember where you just were. You hear the report, so you look that direction if theyre not just standing out in the open, eliminate the angles from where they couldnt have shot you from. Start checking the obvious places like windows and roofs, then rocks and trees or good ridges. If you still dont see them, go back to where you originally got shot at but keep moving back and forth to draw out more shots.

you can also lay down behind a box until you die, thats my strategy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I love watching my replays because I'll be all "poo poo I can't see where that's coming from" and then flail wildly and get shot to death, and then on the replay I can see the enemy plain as day. I am really bad at spotting people in the heat of the moment.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DrNutt posted:

I love watching my replays because I'll be all "poo poo I can't see where that's coming from" and then flail wildly and get shot to death, and then on the replay I can see the enemy plain as day. I am really bad at spotting people in the heat of the moment.

Take a look at your graphics settings. I forget the name of the one setting it's something like bloom or after effects or w/e but it's what gives muzzle flash its 'pop' and should be at the highest setting you can get away with.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Those three islands rule, particularly the farthest north one. Always some lvl3 gear and kar98's. Also if the boat/ski doesnt spawn you can swim pretty easily, although it takes a couple minutes. I've never died to the blue landing there.

Went back to them today, and meh. I was lucky, the islands were in the first circle. This is the result of looting the entire north island which I had to myself. Note the lack of lv3 gear, no SR and not much meds. Found two ARs, kept this one. I maintain the islands have the same level loot as the other towns.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Smythe posted:

you can also lay down behind a box until you die, thats my strategy

This is what most goons do... but not being aggressive generally means you get flanked and your cover will mean nothing once that happens.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm glad that I can tell that I'm getting better at this game. I'm getting more kills and surviving more fights that turn into draws.
I can also tell upon replay what would've been the best action (e.g. "there was no reason to engage, you should've watched for a sec and then taken out anyone left with your shiny new suppressed AR") and hopefully incorporate that into future engagements.

Still no chicken dinners, but I'm getting better.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

VulgarandStupid posted:

This is what most goons do... but not being aggressive generally means you get flanked and your cover will mean nothing once that happens.

Yea my buddy and I started doing a lot better once we were more aggressive and stopped avoiding every fight. Especially if you hear the sound of two teams fighting and they are close by. You can usually swing in and mop up the winner.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Any chance we could get these added to the OP? I see people posting about range finding and bullet drop on a regular basis.

Rangefinding with the 8x scope

Rangefinding with 4x sniper scope

Aim points are out of date, but range points are relevant.

How to hit moving targets Part of this is out of date at greater than 300m. tldr; aim one body length per 100m.

AR recoil patterns

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 6, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Communist Q posted:

Any chance we could get these added to the OP? I see people posting about range finding and bullet drop on a regular basis.

Rangefinding with the 8x scope

Rangefinding with 4x sniper scope

Aim points are out of date, but range points are relevant.

How to hit moving targets Part of this is out of date at greater than 300m. tldr; aim one body length per 100m.

AR recoil patterns

So, for dumb people, what is out of date from this?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
3 out of 6 NA Duo TPP games so far today have ended like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBaznBHccYM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm gonna sound like a broken record here but tpp sucks so that plus the cheaters is why it should be avoided.

that's loving ridiculous and hilarious tho. gotta give him props for giving so little fucks he doesn't even ads to attempt to hide it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rex-Goliath posted:

Take a look at your graphics settings. I forget the name of the one setting it's something like bloom or after effects or w/e but it's what gives muzzle flash its 'pop' and should be at the highest setting you can get away with.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely do that, but like, I mean when I went back to watch the replay from my 3 on 1 the other day, I totally missed the guy closest to me on the left when I was scanning for the other targets. Like I knocked his friend and from his death cam he was literally standing next to me. When I watched my replay I saw the movement to my left that should have been a giveaway but I was too focused on the guys to my right and directly in front of me. I should probably play on a ten inch monitor or something, not that seeing him would have even helped in that scenario, I was probably hosed no matter what unless I had started spamming nades and got really lucky.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

So, for dumb people, what is out of date from this?

For those graphics, I believe what's current is:
-Anything range finding related
-4X Aim points for Kar98K and SKS
-8X Aim points for Kar98K and SKS

Outdated:
-4X aim points for 5.56 Assault Rifles and AKM

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also other than that is it still preferable to keep your game looking like butt to be competitive? I am just gonna say gently caress that at this point because as long as I get more than 60 fps I am tired of my game looking like dogshit. I doubt at my skill level a couple settings here and there are really improving my game that much (other than the muzzle flash thing).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DrNutt posted:

Also other than that is it still preferable to keep your game looking like butt to be competitive? I am just gonna say gently caress that at this point because as long as I get more than 60 fps I am tired of my game looking like dogshit. I doubt at my skill level a couple settings here and there are really improving my game that much (other than the muzzle flash thing).

I think Anti-Aliasing being off is the main thing you still want turned down to be competitive, so it doesn't smooth out pixels of people hiding in bushes (though they're still a bastard to spot).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Varkas posted:

Outdated:

Cheers!

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Zaodai posted:

I think Anti-Aliasing being off is the main thing you still want turned down to be competitive, so it doesn't smooth out pixels of people hiding in bushes (though they're still a bastard to spot).

How do you deal with anyone further than 100m being about 2 pixels high? Should I be buying a 32" 4k monitor for a video game? (If you say yes, I'm citing this post when my wife yells at me)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Drape Culture posted:

How do you deal with anyone further than 100m being about 2 pixels high? Should I be buying a 32" 4k monitor for a video game? (If you say yes, I'm citing this post when my wife yells at me)

What do you have currently?

Edit: Had my second solo chicken dinner ever tonight. Landed in a stupid spot but was really lucky with circle RNG and enemy movement. The single compound left in the circle was uncontested with 12 players left alive - everyone else must have been morons I guess? Or just enjoy hiding in bushes?
Only one guy tried to rush my position (out of the blue, and easy kill), and then it was 1v1.

Also, I hate the guy who had shot out a wheel on every vehicle he passed. Don't be that guy. (I am usually that guy, so I guess I had it coming.)

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 6, 2018

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Over 27” monitor size I just get motion sick in games.

I am getting too old for these games.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Drape Culture posted:

I deal with it by getting shot by them without seeing them, and then hoping I spot the muzzleflash or just see them in whatever the obvious cover is from where I got hit from and can then outsnipe them at a disadvantage, because my eyes are loving terrible.

Usually I just die.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I rely on sound a lot, then scanning the area it's coming from. Usually if there's something to hide behind, they're behind it. But I haven't had any issues spotting specs running around on a hillside way the gently caress away unscoped. Shooting at 'em when you don't have optics can be a bitch, but it's not impossible. I think my monitor is like 22"?

e: like tbh I have a much better time scanning for enemies unscoped than scoped. I can see so much more of the field or hill or house they're on.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Twice yesterday I was killed by players using obvious aim-bots and maphacks. The second of the two was dead obvious after spectating the cheater for the final 10 minutes of the match. He knew where everyone was despite never having line of site, and he auto-headshotted multiple people (including me) without bothering to ADS. Occasionally he fired shots directly at walls that had people behind them (again, he never had line of site). Is there any point in grabbing video footage of this and submitting it to the devs for a potential ban? I get the feeling it probably won't result in anything. I'm mainly salty because I made it to the top 3 and was having a nice round prior to that.

This kind of sucks. Whenever I see someone getting repeated headshots with an SKS in the killfeed, I just assume they're cheating at this point. Is Battle Eye effectively worthless?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

il serpente cosmico posted:

This kind of sucks. Whenever I see someone getting repeated headshots with an SKS in the killfeed, I just assume they're cheating at this point. Is Battle Eye effectively worthless?

ILL Machina posted:

"Reports currently only work against the player who killed you. You don't have to keep footage, although you can submit video evidence to us via our official forum as a separate report. (link: https://goo.gl/tvUt4E) goo.gl/tvUt4E -H"

That forum link is down though, it seems maybe they use this site for manual reports now?
https://pubgsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004140933-I-want-to-report-a-user-who-is-cheating

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 6, 2018

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What do you have currently?

24" 1080 LED, nothing incredibly fancy.

Zaodai posted:

I deal with it by getting shot by them without seeing them, and then hoping I spot the muzzleflash or just see them in whatever the obvious cover is from where I got hit from and can then outsnipe them at a disadvantage, because my eyes are loving terrible.

Usually I just die.

I'm really good at the last part of that

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Drape Culture posted:

24" 1080 LED, nothing incredibly fancy.

Should be perfectly fine. I have the same size one and I consider myself pretty able to spot enemies on it - but then I'm constantly proven wrong on that point by getting killed a lot. I'm sure a higher rez could help but the kind of rig you need to drive it is more than I want to spend on shooting mans.

Do you watch any good players on streams? If not, consider doing that - their movement patterns and the way they clear a building or ambush players could probably teach you a lot.

One of the thread favorites, Chocotaco, is a nice chill dude with a tremendous ability to spot people. Pay close attention to how he enters and exits buildings, how he uses cover, what he hears, etc.
Especially when playing duos, he's usually pretty good at stating what cues he is hearing, and he pick them up long before I do. He probably has sound turned up real high.

https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco/

A question of my own, how the heck do I avoid shooting windowsills like I did here? It looks to me like the bullets are registering way too low. I should have hit him with the first SCAR-L spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwqrRpriU4s&t=252s

Edit: vvvvv By "collateral" we usually mean "someone killed incidentally, a necessary sacrifice". Did you mean "concurrently"? Yes, it's possible but shouldn't you see something relevant in the kill cam?

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 6, 2018

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Are collateral hits even possible in this game? My friend and I just got killed by someone at the exact same time in duos and we weren't even standing that close to each other.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
I hit #2 person 4 times in SvS yesterday. Couldn't close the deal.

Today I was having lunch with the in-laws. My fortune cookie taught me how to say 'potato' in Chinese: Ma Ling Shu

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

il serpente cosmico posted:

Twice yesterday I was killed by players using obvious aim-bots and maphacks. The second of the two was dead obvious after spectating the cheater for the final 10 minutes of the match. He knew where everyone was despite never having line of site, and he auto-headshotted multiple people (including me) without bothering to ADS. Occasionally he fired shots directly at walls that had people behind them (again, he never had line of site). Is there any point in grabbing video footage of this and submitting it to the devs for a potential ban? I get the feeling it probably won't result in anything. I'm mainly salty because I made it to the top 3 and was having a nice round prior to that.

Ha, I opened this thread for this exact experience and question. At least I killed the fucker and took 2nd place.

Game badly needs the option to report directly from replays.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

A question of my own, how the heck do I avoid shooting windowsills like I did here? It looks to me like the bullets are registering way too low. I should have hit him with the first SCAR-L spray.

The bullets come out of your gun, not your crosshair. Sometimes that's tricky to know where your gun actually is though.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Varkas posted:

Outdated:

So how did the AR aim points change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Went back to them today, and meh. I was lucky, the islands were in the first circle. This is the result of looting the entire north island which I had to myself. Note the lack of lv3 gear, no SR and not much meds. Found two ARs, kept this one. I maintain the islands have the same level loot as the other towns.

:shrug:

It had three lvl3 helmets this time.