Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

fruit on the bottom posted:

My wife of 2 years has become very morbid and it's starting to disturb me. I think it's because of her job. Am I worrying for nothing? [M and F, both 28]

:stare:

For those that aren’t familiar with ‘the hockey player that nearly died on the ice’ in this post, I’m pretty sure they’re talking about Clint Malarchuk. He was a Buffalo Sabres goalie that got his throat cut by a skate blade back in 1980 (a forward for the Blues and a Sabres D-line guy collided and slid feet first into Malarchuk). They didn’t wear those throat protector things back then, and the cut nearly severed his jugular completely. Three things saved him from straight up dying on live TV: the team’s trainer had been a Vietnam combat medic, Sabres were defending the goal closest to the locker room exit/entrance, and there was still just enough of his jugular still together that the trainer was able to staunch the blood flow. In interviews, he’s said that his only thought was to get off the ice before he collapsed and died because he knew his mother was watching the game.

There’s morbid humor to cope, and then there’s ‘haha, hey hon lemme show you a video of a man nearly bleeding out’. At most you show someone that video when you want to be a complete and utter dick.

Malarchuk post-script: he came back to play, but had debilitating PTSD, became a severe alcoholic after his retirement (I can’t loving blame the guy), and in his autobiography, the opening chapter is him discussing the time he blew part of his nose off on a drunk suicide attempt.

TL;DR: maybe something to do with morbid fascination on the wife’s part, sure. If you want to know what the big deal about the Clint Malarchuk video is, :nms: if you look up the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

From the paaaain!

My (27F) bf’s (27M) new female friend (23F) did something awful to me.

I like the part where the attempted rapist vomits and whines about being "rejected"

quote:

Then she physically got on her knees and kept saying "let me suck your dick" and kept trying to grab at his belt. All this time I was laying on the air mattress 2 feet away from them, passed out. The ONLY reason nothing physical happened is because my bf wouldn't let it. The friend whose house we were at was sleeping, but her bf happened to see and hear a lot of their conversation and when he saw Katherine on her knees he called My bf over to take him out of that situation. At that point Katherine was crying and saying she felt really rejected. She went and threw up and then cried herself to sleep.

LadyPictureShow posted:

For those that aren’t familiar with ‘the hockey player that nearly died on the ice’ in this post, I’m pretty sure they’re talking about Clint Malarchuk. He was a Buffalo Sabres goalie that got his throat cut by a skate blade back in 1980 (a forward for the Blues and a Sabres D-line guy collided and slid feet first into Malarchuk). They didn’t wear those throat protector things back then, and the cut nearly severed his jugular completely. Three things saved him from straight up dying on live TV: the team’s trainer had been a Vietnam combat medic, Sabres were defending the goal closest to the locker room exit/entrance, and there was still just enough of his jugular still together that the trainer was able to staunch the blood flow. In interviews, he’s said that his only thought was to get off the ice before he collapsed and died because he knew his mother was watching the game.

There’s morbid humor to cope, and then there’s ‘haha, hey hon lemme show you a video of a man nearly bleeding out’. At most you show someone that video when you want to be a complete and utter dick.

Malarchuk post-script: he came back to play, but had debilitating PTSD, became a severe alcoholic after his retirement (I can’t loving blame the guy), and in his autobiography, the opening chapter is him discussing the time he blew part of his nose off on a drunk suicide attempt.

TL;DR: maybe something to do with morbid fascination on the wife’s part, sure. If you want to know what the big deal about the Clint Malarchuk video is, :nms: if you look up the video.

I think this was in Faces of Death or maybe just popular on Rotten/Ogrish back in the early web. IIRC they showed it on 90s tv too because he, no one dies and it's after 10!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Customs took my anime figure??

u/NotmyFigure

Ok. This is gonna seem stupid as poo poo.

I recently went to Japan and bought tons of stuff. Upon getting back into the US and going through all the customs stuff I discovered the figure I bought was missing. I later found out it was confiscated by some US Agent. It wasn't a cheap figure. It was almost $150. I know. It's stupid. But the Chika Takami birthday figure was worth it. Now it's gone. How do I go about getting it back? Airport was LAX if that helps and I live in Cali

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

CheesyDog posted:

u/NotmyFigure

I recently went to Japan and bought tons of stuff. Upon getting back into the US and going through all the customs stuff I discovered the figure I bought was missing. I later found out it was confiscated by some US Agent. It wasn't a cheap figure. It was almost $150. I know. It's stupid. But the Chika Takami birthday figure was worth it. Now it's gone. How do I go about getting it back? Airport was LAX if that helps and I live in Cali

did you declare your precious sundries? if not congrats you evaded duty, your toys have been taken soy boy

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gaijin took my anime.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

LadyPictureShow posted:

The guy is now a motivational speaker and works towards getting men to seek help for mental issues such as PTSD. :unsmith:

Reminds me of the video of the college basketball player who collapsed and died on the court in the 90s. We had to watch it as part of training and it's intense. They had two docs and some medics working on him, doing CPR, but none of them did the simple thing of hooking him up to the difib THAT WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM which would probably have saved his life. It's a good training video about target fixation and one of the reasons all gyms have an AED now.

I work in a morbid field and sometimes use gallows humor but I know my audience.

La Brea Carpet fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 8, 2018

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Palpek posted:

My [18F] boyfriends [19M] parents [40s] threatening divorce because of my family trip with boyfriend

I am really not understanding where the threat of divorce is coming from in that one. :psyduck:

Haifisch posted:

My[24 M] girlfriend[21 F]wants to move into together. I'd love to but she refuses to train her dog in any form

oh for gently caress sake this drives me up the wall

TRAIN YOUR loving DOGS

although jesus this is a level beyond. who the hell lets their dog just poo poo and piss on the floor indoors??

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

did you declare your precious tsundres? if not congrats you evaded duty, your toys have been taken soy boy

FTFY

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

CheesyDog posted:

u/NotmyFigure

B-Baka! That’s what carry-on luggage is for! (I looked up the character he names. I’m sure we all figured it was a HS girl with big breasts wearing a short frilly skirt and garters).

LOLing at the idea a customs agent confiscated it for his own collection.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ah tsundere a japanese word that means "gaijin fantasy the woman i am sexually harassing will eventually touch my penis"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

B-Baka! That’s what carry-on luggage is for! (I looked up the character he names. I’m sure we all figured it was a HS girl with big breasts wearing a short frilly skirt and garters).

LOLing at the idea a customs agent confiscated it for his own collection.

the government is full of weaboos

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'd rather have sex, but thanks!

My [16/M] girlfriend [19/F] of 11 months learned about my business and how much money I make. She's upset that I kept it a secret from her and thinks I've been unfair in our relationship.

"Girlfriend" is a funny way of writing "pederast". :shrug:
Dump her. Continue building your business. Date better people.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sounds like that agent abused their power to grow their own collection, which is not sugoi at all.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

From the paaaain!

My (27F) bf’s (27M) new female friend (23F) did something awful to me.

I feel like shes focusing a lot on the "friend" when she should just be dumping her bf instead. It got to that point because they were playing grabass so long in the first place. Like no he didn't technically cheat when push came to shove but everything before that was already unacceptable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like shes focusing a lot on the "friend" when she should just be dumping her bf instead. It got to that point because they were playing grabass so long in the first place. Like no he didn't technically cheat when push came to shove but everything before that was already unacceptable.

Excuse me but he is an alternate for the 2012 Olympic Games in Grabass so he needs to keep practicing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
[23 M] my girlfriend [23 F] of 6 months - found out she's sending nudes

quote:

Thank you for reading this, I'm just hoping I can get some advice here or maybe some perspective before I act too rash.

I've been dating this girl for around 6 months we both live together. To cut to the chase she met a random guy online and has been sending him pictures of her feet for money. She's been doing this long before we started dating and I knew about it going into the relationship I thought it was a little weird but I had no issues with it as it was strictly 'business' and only feet (well as far as I knew) she had shown me their conversations, she wasn't trying to keep it a secret or anything and from what I saw there nothing going on. He would ask for pics, send her money and she would deliver there was no sexting or really any talking at all she ignored him when he would say anything sexual or send her pictures of him so I was cool since she was open about it and wasn't trying to hide it.

So today by total accident I stumbled upon some other pictures she took this morning. I had plugged my phone into her laptop and it automatically opened the photos app (which syncs to her phone) there were a few feet pictures and then a topless one I was a little shocked because she was pretty clear that it was only feet and she didn't send anything else.

Fast forward to tonight I got home and while she was in the shower my curiosity got the better of me and I checked the photos app again and there were even more nude photos I checked the time stamp and she took them not 10 minutes after I left the house.

I don't know how to feel about this.. While I can understand if its just 'business' I definitely don't feel good about her sending nudes and the fact that she's obviously hiding it I don't know what to think and I can't be 100% sure that she's even sending it to that guy and not someone else.

I haven't asked her about it yet I probably will tomorrow I just wanted to hear what others may think and have to say about this.

TL;DR - Plugged my phone into gf's computer it automatically opened the photos app and I saw nudes she took this morning for I'm assuming the guy she has been sending foot pictures to for money.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

ArbitraryC posted:

everybody raise your hand if you think he didn't *at least* get a beej from that girl.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Handy but yeah.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

girl pants posted:

everybody raise your hand if you think he didn't *at least* get a beej from that girl.

I feel like the friend would have immediately used that to try to break them up if something did legit happen, especially once the bf cut contact.

I guess it's possible he's just pretending to cut contact and they're just starting a full blown affair tho.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

[23 M] my girlfriend [23 F] of 6 months - found out she's sending nudes

if they never laid out rules on prostitution, that's on OP for not drawing up a strong relationship contract that bars side work. he can terminate the relationship, but it won't be for cause :shrug:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ArbitraryC posted:

Yup. The "friend" isn't the only one digging the attention.

Best part is I bet if they broke up the "friend" wouldn't even be all that interested in him.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

LadyPictureShow posted:

I recall reading an anecdote where a child was watching the game and asked his dad (who was in the other room) why the goalie was throwing up on the ice.

It wasn't vomit kiddo...

Also every goalie needs to watch that video because holy poo poo wear a loving neck guard.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

The stories posted the last few days have been great, nice work everyone :patriot:

I think "her idea of a threesome involved me loving another guy" is my favorite, just an absolute :discourse:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

it's :nws:very nws:nws: but honestly they do zoom out the camera once they realize what's going in. that + 90s potato quality not make it too bad (especially since we all know he lived).

heartly :lol: when they panic and start playing buick riviera ad over the audi

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
A similar incident happened to a Florida Panthers player whilst playing against Buffalo a few years back.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

My BF [22M] makes comments about me [22F] that make me feel like poo poo

quote:

I made a throwaway since my BF knows my Reddit account.

We've been together for a few years but over the past few months he's had to live at his parents house, meaning we get to see each other for around a few days about every 2 weeks. Every time he stays over at mine he's always commenting on my body. Like I'll be getting dressed in the morning, bend over to put socks on and my stomach will hang over my jeans a bit (what nearly every body does). Without fail he'll point it out and say 'what's going on there?' or 'look at that podge!'. It used to not bother me but I now feel self conscience getting dressed in front of him. He'll joke about how small my boobs are, and if I'm wearing a skin tight top he'll always point out how bigger they are, but then laugh and say its just my bra. He'll go through pictures of me he's taken on his phone and laugh at them, even if I've told him to delete it. He makes fun of the very small gap I have in my front teeth, only he has pointed it out and now I'm self conscience of my teeth. He'll point out how fat my thighs are. He'll point out the fat at the top of my arms.

Also he does this thing where he'll say something sexual over text, almost sexting for a bit, then he'll end it with 'shame you won't be getting that'. Like earlier I said I saw a job advert for a vape shop and you needed 1 years experience of vaping (which I don't have) and he replied with 'you have experience with sucking things until white stuff comes out', then followed it up with 'and you won't be doing it anytime soon'. We barely have sex anyway, and he will turn me on and then say 'aww that's a shame' when I'm in the mood and then just leave me.

I know I might be just overreacting but I feel like poo poo. I don't expect him to boost my self esteem every day, but he makes these kind of comments everyday. I'm starting to feel like poo poo, I feel self conscience every time I'm with him.

Am I overreacting?

Why do people put up with that kind of treatment, and then also think that they are the ones with the problem if they don't like it? :argh:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Moridin920 posted:

You know how else you can tell it was abusive?

She's posting as if she had made some kind of pre-arranged bet with win/lose conditions and 'pour a cup of water on yourself' being hers but in reality it sounds like he just ordered her to do it out of the blue randomly.

'If you delete another episode of my show for no good reason or pull this power play bullshit again I'm going to superglue your dick to your thigh while you sleep. No take backsies, I wouldn't want you to think I'd go back on my word.'

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but i'm sure he's very sweet.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My[25 M] girlfriend [28 F] doesn't want to use condoms or the pill and she's said some things that raise some questions/flags for me.

quote:

This is a throw away account because I would rather not have this on my regular account, sorry. My girlfriend and I have been together for about a year and a half. We started off using condoms, but I set a precedent of not using condoms in favor of pull out (I know, it was a mistake but I'm trying to own up to it now), but I've been trying to be more responsible. She has never minded my not using condoms for some reason, and that reason is becoming clearer.

She has mentioned to various friends that she wouldn't mind being knocked up because she's getting older and she doesn't mind raising a child as a single mother if it comes down to it. This scares the poo poo out of me. I wouldn't mind being a father either... but when I'm ready. Not now, or by accident. I'm 25, I've only been out of school a year and I'm definitely not ready to be a Dad for several years. And it hurts to hear that she has vocalized an urge to be a single mother. It's like she's already decided in a way.

She uses all of these excuses against condoms:

They give her a rash (which they didn't previously when we were first dating and using condoms)

it doesn't feel the same and she doesn't get as wet

the pill makes her crazy (that's fair, her body, her choice etc... except we're not using condoms)

I take too long to finish using condoms

A lot of our fights are around her wanting me to get to the same place as she is at (ready to be a homeowner, ready to move to the next step of the relationship etc), so I feel like she's placing her biological reproductive pressure on this relationship. She hasn't flat out said she's looking to be knocked up, and it might not even be her goal, but there's a lot of pressure to be in the same mindset as she is, and I'm just not there yet. What do you think of this?

And some background information: We have been friends for several years before we started dating and our relationship is good. We love each other, and though we have some differences, I think they're quite minor and I can see us working in the long term, or at least for an extended period of time. I want to find a solution to this, and be more responsible, but I don't know how to convince her to use condoms. Obviously, I'm partially, if not completely at fault for even setting this precedent in the first place, but I want to fix the situation. Do you have any suggestions as to how to approach this?

Thanks in advance!
tl;dr - my girlfriend of a year and a half refuses to use condoms or the pill, but has mentioned offhand that she wouldn't mind having a kid even if she's a single mother. I love her and don't want to break up, so I don't know what to do.

Congrats on being a dad I guess.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I hated a gift given by my boyfriend and possibly broke his heart

quote:

tl;dr my bofriend just gave me a gift. which I hated after receiving it. but he had put quite some thought into it. and after I told him, he sounded heartbroken but he was ready to return it or give it to someone else if he couldn't return it. and i feel like trash about being honest

I'm so confused about the situation right now. I mean I have stated previously that I love Harry potter and reading and disney and drawing. so he had a lot to choose from. but he isn't into any of that stuff that's why it wouldn't be a gift with emotional value for him.

I'm quite alright at giving him gifts. on his bday in 2016 I gave him a wallet with his initials on it and a little quote on the inside. he had lost his wallet a few months prior and he loved the gift and has been using it since. in 2017 I gave him a perfume he really wanted along with 3 clothing items and he didn't like 1 out of three. last week I sent him a care package so I won't be sad if he doesn't like most of the stuff caus I just wanted to mess around.

he has given me a coat caus he liked me in coats and he liked me being dressed up elegantly, and my style isn't elegant at all it's quirky and vibrant. I pointed that out but he gave it to me anyway.

now he has given me a watch. I'm not really into watches but I've seen some beautiful ones and was quite excited for i know the watch stood for our time together and for the better times. he had given me a watch when we were younger so that had a cute ring to it. and he had gotten him the same watch only in the male version. blue with a dark brown leather strap.

i got it today and hated it. it was so weirdly bulky and was blue and had a beige leatherstrap and it didn't suit me at all and I was about to cry caus I know it was just a waste of his hard earned money and I knew I would have to tell him otherwise I would say passive aggressive things (like with the coat) I confessed and he just got sooo sad and kind of shut down.

I want to make it up to him but i don't know how and I feel so terrible and I didn't want to hurt him...what should I do? I feel so spoiled and so egoistic and don't know how to cheer him up. he has worked hard for the money that has gotten into that gift and I don't want it to be wasted...
Oh no, not a watch. Lol at her being about to cry and returning it right then and there to him.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

I hated a gift given by my boyfriend and possibly broke his heart

Oh no, not a watch. Lol at her being about to cry and returning it right then and there to him.

yeah dont say it's so special you only want to wear it at special occassions then stick it in the safe deposit box (which you will not be able to access the evening before a fancy event)

definitely go with blunt honesty

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Interests include Harry Potter, Disney, and drawing. Wow.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
In the comments OP says they're engaged, and now I'm dying to know their ages.

OP posted:

we are engaged but without engagement ring and it actually hurt me that he doenst seem to care about things I like...and he gives me things he likes for me and he would like to see me in kind of like shaping me I feel..and that is just something I'm concerned about but i definetly didn't want to come off as ungrateful or selfish and I didn't want to hurt him which I did and I feel terrible...

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Interests include Harry Potter, Disney, and drawing. Wow.

I'm putting five bucks on her attending or having applied to SCAD. Several times in the case of the latter.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Harry Potter is for children

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
So is the internet tbh

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So is the internet tbh

All this internet porn seems to suggest otherwise

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

So is the internet tbh

the internet was built for aynchronous cells of patriots to organize a Resistance if the ussr occupied us. that's why the code name for arpanet was...

wolverine.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm not phased by most gruesome sports injuries, but I wont go near Malarchuk

I think its all the blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah that one and the one where the dude headbutts a post and paralyzes himself are pretty rough