Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Restart that hot Fordham rivalry from the glory days of the program

I was playing around on Winsipedia the other day looking up exactly how West Virginia did before RichRod got there (pretty good sporadically under Nehlen on a national scale). I know their claim to fame is the most wins of any non-MNC winner, but they were independent for the vast majority of their existence so I wasn't sure how impressive that really was. And they are 321-110-28 all time against teams that are not currently FBS teams, which seems like a lot.

So I was checking around, and it is a high amount. Then for fun I clicked on Rutgers.

NON-FBS TEAMS 452-339-33

Not only have 452 out of 651 all time wins come against teams that aren't currently in the FBS, they weren't even all that impressive against those teams.

e: Oh I didn't actually add it up before. Rutgers all time record against current FBS teams: 199-308-9

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

I was playing around on Winsipedia the other day looking up exactly how West Virginia did before RichRod got there (pretty good sporadically under Nehlen on a national scale). I know their claim to fame is the most wins of any non-MNC winner, but they were independent for the vast majority of their existence so I wasn't sure how impressive that really was. And they are 321-110-28 all time against teams that are not currently FBS teams, which seems like a lot.

So I was checking around, and it is a high amount. Then for fun I clicked on Rutgers.

NON-FBS TEAMS 452-339-33

Not only have 452 out of 651 all time wins come against teams that aren't currently in the FBS, they weren't even all that impressive against those teams.

e: Oh I didn't actually add it up before. Rutgers all time record against current FBS teams: 199-308-9

How can that be??? That one Rutgers posters keeps saying they are a historically great team! :randpop:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Historically average is what he says. Which is accurate as long as you follow it with "against the Pat League"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Grittybeard posted:

I know their claim to fame is the most wins of any non-MNC winner

Not for long :getin:

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 7, 2018

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Historically average is what he says. Which is accurate as long as you follow it with "against the Pat League"

:laffo:

Rutgers and Texas Tech were the two worst teams in Gamebreaker 96 and I remember gutting them with Twins - Scissors for like 150ppg with Wuerrfel and Jacquez and Ike.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Hugh Freeze bookending this carousel in this fashion would be the most delightful thing.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm still laughing over Gruden getting 100M to coach the Raiders.

Did he run an unofficial 4.3 or something?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

I'm still laughing over Gruden getting 100M to coach the Raiders.

Did he run an unofficial 4.3 or something?

That was daddy's obsession, under Mark Davis' regime it's all about how much PF Chang's you can put away

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

That was daddy's obsession, under Mark Davis' regime it's all about how much PF Chang's you can put away

Or how poorly you can cut your own hair.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

I feel like every year I read that ash wants to completely change his offensive system and I literally can’t keep track of them all. Like, how do you even recruit that side of the ball when you can’t decide on a loving system.

I haven't read that :confused:

Mehringer was incompetent, Jerry Kill had seizures, it's not an intentional change of direction. And this is only two completed years in the books.

The recruits have been ok, there's just no experienced talent at QB or WR.

Randaconda posted:

Rutgers should probably drop down to FCS. Historically, they're a mid-tier FCS-type team at best, anyway.

Actually, they should win every national championship.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
FCS has a national championship maybe you can get that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rutgers would have gotten smoked by South Dakota State this year.

not North, South Dakota State.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

All fear the mighty...*checks Wikipedia*...Jackrabbits.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

LeeMajors posted:

Or how poorly you can cut your own hair.

So Dan Hawkins as OC I assume

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

All fear the mighty...*checks Wikipedia*...Jackrabbits.

they were really good until the playoff game where their quarterback turned the ball over 9 times

that's not an exaggeration, 6 INTs, 3 fumbles

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

they were really good until the playoff game where their quarterback turned the ball over 9 times

that's not an exaggeration, 6 INTs, 3 fumbles

The next Bills QB right there.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Apply now!

https://uacareers.com/postings/25931

quote:

Minimum Qualifications

Bachelor’s Degree
Five years of football coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level

Preferred Qualifications

Football coaching experience at an NCAA Division I level program

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Kim Jong Il posted:

I haven't read that :confused:

Mehringer was incompetent, Jerry Kill had seizures, it's not an intentional change of direction. And this is only two completed years in the books.

The recruits have been ok, there's just no experienced talent at QB or WR.

Ah, I always lump Flood's last year in there as Ash mentally for some reason. The horrific pro-style offense run by Josh McDaniels' little brother is what I remember, then immediately into an OSU spread because that totally seems like something you should do with like 3-4 FBs on the roster

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Get on this poo poo D Dogg.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

tbf, South Dakota State was pretty good this year, they did beat NDSU.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MourningView posted:

Gilbert is really good, I was surprised not to hear his name more this off-season.

I wish Texas would rehire Gilbert. He didn’t deserve to get replaced by loving Tim Beck.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Yeah! Which makes that super unfortunate playoff game even worse

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wandler20 posted:

Second year in a row isn't it?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

Yeah! Which makes that super unfortunate playoff game even worse

Did you see your boy Rod Broadway retired?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rod Broadway is an incredible name

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Wrong thread

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Expect some really dumb poo poo to come out soon re: LSU's OC.

Multiple (credible) sources claiming TE coach Steve Ensminger will be elevated OC.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Multiple (credible) sources claiming TE coach Steve Ensminger will be elevated OC.

He did it last year after they canned Les, right?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MourningView posted:

Second year in a row isn't it?

I believe so, won in Fargo 2 years ago I think.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Please see my posts earlier in this thread about this very thing. Ed O is dumb.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

He did it last year after they canned Les, right?

And yes, he did.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Did you see your boy Rod Broadway retired?

An undefeated season and HBCU championship is a good note to retire on. :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

An undefeated season and HBCU championship is a good note to retire on. :)

drat, yeah that's a rad way to go out

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pete Thamel saying Notre Dame will promote LB coach Clark Lea to Defensive Coordinator, with Elko having left for Texas A&M.

Clark did a world class job coaching LBs at BG and Wake Forest. Good on him for getting the promotion.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

quote:

2017 was the first undefeated season in A&T history, and the Aggies became the first MEAC school to ever finish a season without a loss.

goddang

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the MEAC was founded in 1970

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

What was the bands record though

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Metapod posted:

What was the bands record though

Based on their set list this year, Doo-Wops and Hooligans by Bruno Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Orgeron you dumb loving coon-rear end!

• Locked thread