Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Managed to get up to 340ilvl on my Samurai so I thought I would celebrate with actually doing some sort of glamour, because I usually don't. Tried to go for some metal gear solid rising like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

vOv posted:

That fight is an absolute shitwrecker so that's not surprising. Lots of insta-kill mechanics.
Nael will still totally murder an unsynced party who doesn't know the mechanics. :toot:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's basically the only fight in the coils that has a hard wipe mechanic that must be completed and that mechanic also turns out to be the only mechanic in the coils that actually also requires you to have knowledge of how it's done going in.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HenryEx posted:

I can't believe there's actually a stealth mission in this game.

edit: and Ninja Turtles????

Their Beast Tribe Quests have you fight the Shredder's henchman.

Asimo posted:

Nael will still totally murder an unsynced party who doesn't know the mechanics. :toot:

Took me a while to get that one down, but I managed to farm her for music rolls. Felt good, man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samael posted:

Managed to get up to 340ilvl on my Samurai so I thought I would celebrate with actually doing some sort of glamour, because I usually don't. Tried to go for some metal gear solid rising like poo poo.

If you want Metal Gear Rising go get the Ironworks helm. It's straight-up Raiden's visor and even opens/closes with /visor

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

ImpAtom posted:

If you want Metal Gear Rising go get the Ironworks helm. It's straight-up Raiden's visor and even opens/closes with /visor

Where's that gif of all the visors closing in MGR when I need it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

BrightWing posted:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
In the, like, week since i've started playing again, i don't think i've seen anyone do a FATE, ever. Not even in the new regions.

It's kinda sad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HenryEx posted:

In the, like, week since i've started playing again, i don't think i've seen anyone do a FATE, ever. Not even in the new regions.

It's kinda sad.

I think it depends on how busy your server is, unfortunately. Also I notice you really NEED someone to *start* a fate. I never see anyone doing a fate but if I start a fate myself I'll almost always get 2-3 people showing up at around 25%.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes i see a FATE with like 12% completion and saunter over, but it's always just one of those FATEs where two monsters beat each other up or something, and not a single player in sight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BrightWing posted:

don't have it without the text sadly

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

HenryEx posted:

It's kinda sad.

I've been noticing this, too. I remember when I was playing a couple months after launch FATE hopping was kind of the defacto way to level. Now it's incredibly rare to find even one other person doing them. Granted, I'm on sargantarus or whatever (with a friend) and in the ARR zones, but oy everything seems way more quiet than it used to be.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Did the Dark Knight level 50 quest.

I.

I.

What?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exactly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Saxophone posted:

I've been noticing this, too. I remember when I was playing a couple months after launch FATE hopping was kind of the defacto way to level. Now it's incredibly rare to find even one other person doing them. Granted, I'm on sargantarus or whatever (with a friend) and in the ARR zones, but oy everything seems way more quiet than it used to be.

Just wait until you get to the heavensward areas that are massive and you can fly, and look at how absolutely barren it is.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I.

What?

I am the Darkside, the true self

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I.

What?

Ahahahahahahaha yesssssss

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I.

What?

Arist posted:

Ahahahahahahaha yesssssss

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I really need to get to 50 DRK. I have been avoiding the spoilers this whole time and I want to join in.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Fray did nothing wrong.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Philonius posted:

Fray did nothing wrong.

100% the correct takeaway.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Leofish posted:

I really need to get to 50 DRK. I have been avoiding the spoilers this whole time and I want to join in.

Same except 70

I just wish I actually liked playing the class more. Although I haven’t unlocked any of the blood skills yet so maybe it gets better

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Leofish posted:

I thought it was great fun, and I’m usually a healer.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I can't say from personal experience but my raid DRK claims Bloodspiller and TBN really help the job feel better to play at high levels. He's the reason I'm leveling one myself so I can prove to him finally that he's bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
tanks all seem boring I want a flashy tank duder

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
DRK was pretty much redesigned around it's Stormblood gauge.

Naturally they give you the main users of the gauge and therefore the fun of playing the class at 68 and 70 which makes DRK feel really off when your not 70.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kashuno posted:

tanks all seem boring I want a flashy tank duder

DRK is almost offensively flashy

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ainsley McTree posted:

DRK is almost offensively flashy

Only PLD gets Flash now, though.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Axle_Stukov posted:

DRK was pretty much redesigned around it's Stormblood gauge.

Naturally they give you the main users of the gauge and therefore the fun of playing the class at 68 and 70 which makes DRK feel really off when your not 70.

This is a problem with a lot of classes in this game to be honest, though some (like machinist) have it worse than others.

Paladin at 50 is just doing 1-2-3 until you're blue in the face.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Philonius posted:

This is a problem with a lot of classes in this game to be honest, though some (like machinist) have it worse than others.

Isn’t it just that MCH has a useful damage buff with a short cooldown in the 50-60 range? Like, 60-70 lets you do more complex things with Gauss Barrel, but it still has value before then.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When I was leveling AST having to do roulette below 30 and not being able to draw a card was miserable. Then not being able to RR or Spread felt super restrictive. At least the 50+ stuff so far the only super great skill I lose is gravity (as of 58)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Isn’t it just that MCH has a useful damage buff with a short cooldown in the 50-60 range? Like, 60-70 lets you do more complex things with Gauss Barrel, but it still has value before then.

Early MCH is usable just incredibly boring. Almost all of your buttons are either fire-and-forget things like Hot Shot and turrets or modifiers for your basic damage weaponskills.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

Early MCH is usable just incredibly boring. Almost all of your buttons are either fire-and-forget things like Hot Shot and turrets or modifiers for your basic damage weaponskills.

Yeah, but your basic damage weaponskills operate off a semi-random combo, and managing procs and buffs to get the maximum damage is much more complex and involved than, say, a level 50 Summoner rotation. Every time I play Machinist, I feel like I’m frantically wrestling with fiddly and unreliable but incredibly powerful prototype technology, which is pretty exciting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Philonius posted:

:rip: fracture.

I think I liked the SB quests that I've done so far more than the HW ones. Dark Knight level 50 & 70 are the loving best hands down, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kashuno posted:

When I was leveling AST having to do roulette below 30 and not being able to draw a card was miserable. Then not being able to RR or Spread felt super restrictive. At least the 50+ stuff so far the only super great skill I lose is gravity (as of 58)

I still don’t understand why gravity is a 52 skill instead of 50. Not having it for half the 56dr dungeons is just criminal compared to what the other healers get to do

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I.

What?

Go to your completed quest log and read the journal entries for the DRK quests you've done up to this point.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've already done that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
My own mini "this is the part I just got to"

"I have become what you abhor. If you have issue, meet my blade"

Oh my sweet summer pope dad

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I.

I.

What?

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I know it'd be OP but I wish when the Roulette de-leveled you it just scaled the damage/power of your abilities and didn't limit which you could use. It makes those early ones tedious on some classes and it isn't like you can't already sleep walk through them. I think it would also help reduce the number of high level people getting all pissy when they end up on the low end.