Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Skutter posted:

Dr. B's is great, I've been using it as schampoo for years (read somewhere that castille soap was great for curly hair, and it is FYI), and it doubles as soap easily. We also took it on our trip to NZ and used it as laundry detergent in addition to body soap, worked just fine. You can get travel-sized bottles of it at Target or Wal-Mart for cheap if you want to try it out, only comes in Lavender and Peppermint though (and like girl pants said, keep it away from your bits).

The Tea Tree flavor smells like bug spray though. Citrus is where it's at.

It comes in all the varieties in the small travel bottles. My girlfriend and I have like... 75 of those fuckers around in every variety available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

MF_James posted:

How the gently caress do I wash myself if I can't let it touch my dick? Do you people just not wash your dick/vag and you have some horrid stank down there?

Lookit this scrub who never heard of having a separate ball cloth in the shower.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

La Brea Carpet posted:

Lookit this scrub who never heard of having a separate ball cloth in the shower.

I have enough crap in the shower thanks to living with a woman, we have like 15 bottles of stuff (to be fair, she smells great and her skin is amazing) along with all sorts of scrubbing things; I use body wash, a louffa, and shampoo/conditioner, occasionally a razor in the shower if I'm in a rush.

Also, when you wash your body, doesn't the soap drip down onto your sensitive bits, or is that not enough for it to burn?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Earwicker posted:

dr bronners has nothing to do with homeopathy. and its not marketed as medicine, "alternative" or otherwise. its just a natural soap and toothpaste and the only real "loony" aspect of it is the religious writings of the doctor on the bottle, which actually make sense once you get over his writing style. he's just saying... keep your poo poo clean, also love everybody.
Also let's be real, they have to know by now that people buy it just to read his ramblings, so they're never taking that poo poo off the bottles.

MF_James posted:

How the gently caress do I wash myself if I can't let it touch my dick? Do you people just not wash your dick/vag and you have some horrid stank down there?
Just don't buy the peppermint stuff(or be one of Those People who has 10 different soaps for different body parts). Problem solved.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

MF_James posted:

I have enough crap in the shower thanks to living with a woman, we have like 15 bottles of stuff (to be fair, she smells great and her skin is amazing) along with all sorts of scrubbing things; I use body wash, a louffa, and shampoo/conditioner, occasionally a razor in the shower if I'm in a rush.

Also, when you wash your body, doesn't the soap drip down onto your sensitive bits, or is that not enough for it to burn?

it's not that it burns... it's that the peppermint sensation is pretty... strong, if you're not used to it.

Let me put it this way: I bought some about a decade ago and my ex used it without knowing what it was and from my living room I could hear him yelling 'woo woo woO WOO WOOO WOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOLD'

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

this was a classic and basically I created the first instance of this thread because the people sincere enough to post stuff like that here have long since thought better of it

i knew two different people who posted ridiculously specific poo poo in e/n

one i quietly loled to myself, the other i showed my friends. (dude dated a friend of mine, talked poo poo on her, then started posting ridicuously hilarious stuff about his new gf, then freaked out when he weirdly confessed his life is terrible now to her and she needs to take him back and shes like lol no ps i know i have stairs in my house suckaaaaa)

i told her to say the stairs thing

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

MF_James posted:

Women shouldn't really be cleaning down below too thoroughly. Fucks with PH balance and can cause stuff like thrush and that stuff is no fun.

Also DON'T EVER DOUCHE
ESPECIALLY NOT WITH SOAP
NO DOUCHING OK

I am daft and use Source Mint shower gel on my vagina because the burning sensation is kinda nice and I'm a masochist I guess.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ok, I thought this was like icy-hot levels of poo poo, not just "woah it feels like an icecube just wrapped itself around my dick"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MF_James posted:

Ok, I thought this was like icy-hot levels of poo poo, not just "woah it feels like an icecube just wrapped itself around my dick"

If you've ever used tea tree shampoo down there it's like that times five

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me [29F] with my bf[30M] of a little over a year , upset over my "casual and laid back " attitude

quote:

Me [29] with bf [30] of a little over a year, is upset over my "casual and laid back"attitude

Warning : large wall of text. my apologies

I have been on a vacation/ road trip for the past 15 days with my best friend whom I'm meeting after 3 years. The plan was made a little impulsively , without consulting him. I only announced it once my tickets were booked. He went through a crest and trough phase of being upset and being supportive.

We got through the first 12 days okayish .I didn't have cell service where I was traveling so communication was down to a minimum. But he expressed that he's like me to come back sooner and I thought it was doable . I could shave off the last 3 days. So I asked him to get tickets for me. He estimated the time it would take me to drive from my last city to my friends city ( that's where all my stuff was ) and booked an early flight .

On my return journey, I couldn't keep up with the original schedule of when we would leave and hit the road and got delayed and on our way there was a huge thunderstorm because of which I had to take shelter. After checking the weather radar it seemed impossible to drive again for the next 2-3 hours. After doing all these calculations it started to look like I'll miss my flight. (I forgot to mention earlier that we were trying to drive straight to the airport). So I called him and apprised of the situation- which is when he lost it.

He had built up the anticipation to see me and planned an elaborate day with just the two of us. So when I called, he flipped and started saying because of my casual approach to things I got late and missed my flight . Well actually at first he wanted me to drive though the thunderstorm and then he said all that. But no matter what evidence I gave him or tried to call him down , he became very upset and started saying I need a few days to my self to rethink about us. Inspire if the fact that my original return flight is 3 days later.

( We have had issues centering around this before- he's a punctual person and I'm.more often than not late: I'm trying to fix it )

So people of r/relationships , what can I do at this point ? What words will help me mitigate this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

tl;dr : boyfriend got really upset when I missed my flight that I booked specially to go to see him sooner than planned and blames it all on my laid-back personality.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
*busts into girlfriends house through window wearing hockey mask and revving chainsaw*

I LOVE YOU BABY I JUST WANT TO TALK

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jeza posted:

*busts into girlfriends house through window wearing hockey mask and revving chainsaw*

I LOVE YOU BABY I JUST WANT TO TALK

it was a small mistake (because he didn't murder her) and it's his first break in so really, it's hypocritcal of these so-called-liberals to want to throw him into the criminal justice system

:goonsay:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Haifisch posted:

Me [29F] with my bf[30M] of a little over a year , upset over my "casual and laid back " attitude

Death to non-punctuals. Although in this one case it's not really her fault there was a major storm.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Haifisch posted:

So, this story is a little confusing, she booked at 15 day vacation with her best friend (who she is seeing for the first time in 3 years? or for the literal first time after being besties for 3 years) without telling her BF until it was all planned and booked? I'd be pretty loving miffed if I was BF. Then I got to the BF going insane part, so ok he's also crazy. Then she admits she's habitually late, people that admit this ALWAYS down play it, so she's even more on my shitlist. Both of these people are idiots, but I side with the boyfriend here despite him going nuclear.

I agree that him being mad about her missing the flight because of a thunderstorm is laughable, honestly they shouldn't have booked a flight with some crazy strict time-line (boyfriend's fault) but I could see him being mad considering the whole vacation booking thing and her being a habitually late person

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Death to non-punctuals. Although in this one case it's not really her fault there was a major storm.

If the storm was that bad, wouldn't it also delay flights? Also this is why you plan to show up at an airport 2 hours early

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Baronjutter posted:

Me and my girlfriend are both equally lazy and it's awesome. I've been with super not lazy women before and it drove me crazy, that's a compatibility thing.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

girl pants posted:

it's not that it burns... it's that the peppermint sensation is pretty... strong, if you're not used to it.

Let me put it this way: I bought some about a decade ago and my ex used it without knowing what it was and from my living room I could hear him yelling 'woo woo woO WOO WOOO WOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOLD'

Holy poo poo, idk why but that story has me crying trying to hold back laughter in my office, thank you.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

"how could I have seen this coming?" Says the man in a relationship with a person who admits to not caring about other people's scheduling, when faced with another example of his girlfriend not caring about his scheduling.

Joking aside they are both garbage and deserve each other. Him because he's a tantrum-throwing baby who forces vacations to end early and her because "oh whoops I'm late again haha I'm so whimsical!"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
All she had to do was say no, I'm not ending my vacation early. I mean she might have still been dumped but geez. I can handle 15 days apart from my partner.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Bonus:

quote:

[–]Cyonella 23 points 4 months ago

It's not hard to be on time. You have to stop thinking of your time as the only time.

Are you frequently late for work?

[–]newtothiskink [S] 3 points 4 months ago

While I was working , yes . I've just finished school and will be started a new job next week.
I'd have more sympathy if it was just her bf flipping out about the storm thing, but as I'm reading it, she's either got a mental illness that makes her physically incapable of being punctual or she gives so little of a poo poo that it might as well be the same thing. Either way, :sever:.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Bonus:

I'd have more sympathy if it was just her bf flipping out about the storm thing, but as I'm reading it, she's either got a mental illness that makes her physically incapable of being punctual or she gives so little of a poo poo that it might as well be the same thing. Either way, :sever:.

Doesn't value anyone else's time, sounds like a normal human being to me

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

All she had to do was say no, I'm not ending my vacation early. I mean she might have still been dumped but geez. I can handle 15 days apart from my partner.

That part is where it goes off the rails.

BF is like “no 15 is too high, best I can do is 12” like he’s at the antiques loving roadshow?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

maskenfreiheit posted:

That part is where it goes off the rails.

BF is like “no 15 is too high, best I can do is 12” like he’s at the antiques loving roadshow?

What immediately sticks out to me are the signs of emotional damage here and here around the corners from wear and poor handling. Also to be perfectly frank a woman in her twenties with poor decision making skills and regard for others really isn’t that rare. I’m afraid that at market this piece wouldn’t even be worth your time.

Also stop wearing that tuxedo shirt it looks ridiculous.

Have I [26/F] blown it with this guy [22/M]? I kinda told him to go F himself.

quote:

So I've known this guy for about 8 months. We're just friends as it stands, but it hasn't always been that way. When we first met, he was really into me and he often came onto me after we'd had a few drinks. We ended up having a sort of friends w/ benefits arrangement for a couple of months. It kind of fizzled out when we both had a lot going on in our lives, especially him -- he had a lot of personal stresses. But we still remained friends throughout and ended up developing quite a close bond. Suddenly we'd be calling each other up every other day, talking about our feelings and stuff.

But then his life started to get really busy. He went back into education and made a bunch of new friends and he began working part-time as well. His texts and calls became less frequent and he just seemed less interested in my life. Whenever we did meet I'd get mixed signals from him. One minute it seemed like he was being all flirty with me, the next he'd be quite cold and distant. It started to feel like I was doing the initiating with texts etc, which is never a good sign.

Then the last time I saw him, he'd invited me on a night out with a bunch of his friends. But I just remember feeling frustrated with him for the whole night. His friends were whispering to me saying "he likes you, why would he have invited you if he didn't?" and they were playfully pushing me towards him telling me to 'go for it' etc. But he just seemed kind of opposed to the idea and I just noticed small things like he'd make sure he sat away from me and he'd make a couple of rude comments under his breath. But then again I could have been imagining things because I was just feeling so emotional that night. I remember snapping at him and texting "go f**k yourself" at the end of the night. He replied "what? you get home safely". I didn't respond with "yeah I did" until the next day and he replied "glad to hear". That was the last time we spoke to each other.

It's now been two weeks and I've not heard anything from him. I've been hesitant to contact him myself because I feel like I've needed space to sort my head out. But now I'm feeling anxious that I've blown things with him and he's done with me for good. Not even in terms of dating but just as a friendship. I was hoping he'd get in touch as I got tired of always being the one to make contact, but I've heard nothing. I feel like I made a mess of things by getting mad at him and I want to know how to salvage the situation.

tl;dr: I got mad at a guy friend of mine on a night out and now we're not really speaking. I was hoping he'd contact me first but he hasn't and I'm trying to salvage the situation after losing my cool

I don’t want either of these people to date so they should be together to spare the rest.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
apparently the google sexist has a gf and i dont.

i am sad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Alexa,

Hold me gently.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Alexa,

Hold me gently.

hi im sam esmail. i hate corporations ps PRODUCT PLACEMENT WITH AMAZON BABY

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

apparently the google sexist has a gf and i dont.

i am sad

Have we seen photos of her or anything to substantiate that she's a person and not a realdoll with an Alexa thing crudely jammed in it

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

fruit on the bottom posted:

Trigger warning: per murder.

My [24/F] dog killed my boyfriend's [26/M] cat. I have no idea what to do now.

Boyfriend should have listened about keeping things slow. Don’t think the relationship can be salvaged.

In almost all of these posts I imagine myself coldly walking out the door and severing, but I would have completely lost my poo poo if that happened to me.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I like homeopathic soap because it doesn't get all sudsy like normal soap and doesn't dry out my skin. It's really gentle, no worse than water.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I'm [28M] thinking about ending my 15 year relationship with my cheating girlfriend [28F].

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating since early high school and generally happy for most of it. We've been living together for 5ish years. Unfortunately, she's needed to "find herself" a few times throughout the relationship which has led to her cheating and us calling it off for ~6 months each time. It's now happening again and I think I'm just going to wash my hands of the whole relationship. The cheating is the biggest component of that, but she also lies compulsively and due to a family who sweeps literally every problem under the rug instead of dealing with it, is completely unequipped and unwilling to communicate with me and work on fixing things. More on this throughout the rest of the post.

Now, I'm no saint either. I've discovered these situations by picking up on odd things and then invading her privacy in order to 100% confirm. This has included manually looking at her phone but also installing tracking software on her phone so I can read texts remotely. As soon as I get satisfactory confirmation, I stop. I'm fully aware this isn't a great thing to do, but I needed to know.

Some background on the first two breakups. Her first year in college she became friends with some football players and proceeded to cheat on me. Pretty standard, cliche situation so not much to talk about. I found out and broke up with her. I was very young so after a few months she apologized and we got back together. The second time was as she was graduating college and had moved out of state for a job. Her coworkers (who were fully aware of my existence and our relationship) introduced her to one of their mutual friends and they all started clubbing/partying constantly and they hit it off and began a sexual relationship. Again, I found out and broke up with her. 6 months later she moves back home and contacts me, is so sorry, etc. and wants to get back together. I had missed her so much so I caved and we got back together.

This brings us to our current situation. She has been traveling for work the majority of the past year, only home on the weekends and a few weeks spread randomly. She started talking about her boss more and more frequently in a way that just seemed odd. I didn't mention anything to her but started investigating and sure enough, they are having an affair. I say affair because he is married with kids, which is particularly disgusting to me because my parents' marriage ended in an affair a few months before my girlfriend cheated on me the second time. Note, she is very aware of how disgusted I am at this.

I ended up confronting her about the affair and she admits to it. Says she wants to open the relationship, so even after I do a lot of research on the subject where I constantly hear to never attempt an open relationship when it starts from one partner cheating, we open the relationship. I find someone, she continues with her boss. I end up being quite surprised that I'm able to have a sexual relationship with someone who isn't my girlfriend without diminishing any sexual feelings towards my girlfriend so we're actually kind of okay for a few weeks. Unfortunately I can't stop thinking about how she clearly only wanted to open the relationship in order to absolve herself of some guilt and to essentially have permission to continue the affair. In the meantime, she's also realizing what it's like to have the person she purportedly loves have sex with someone outside of the relationship and is starting to get very hypocritical. But due to her lack of communication skills, this just results in her getting angry instead of discussing and admitting that what she has done is hurtful now that she's experienced the other side of things (even though I had permission and didn't cheat, so it's not even as bad as what she put me through).

At this point I've made it clear that I'd like to close the relationship but despite acting like she agrees, she continues her affair. If I try to talk about it, she just makes excuses and pushes off any decision making so she can conveniently continue the affair. I should add that she's seeing a therapist, but claims that her therapist told her to continue the affair because "there's no need to place a yes or no label on the relationship when you're traveling". So her therapist basically approved the affair, a fact that my girlfriend uses constantly to justify not calling off the affair. At this point I'm convinced she's lying about that, or manipulating or subconsciously misinterpreting her therapist in order to hear what she wants.

So here we are, she's been gone this past week and has maintained that she's "getting her poo poo together" for us because she loves me and wants to make this work, and then the evening rolls around and she's in his hotel room until 2am. Rinse and repeat. I should add that her team goes out to eat and drink fairly heavily literally every single night they travel. I also just saw a google search in her activity for "can you get pregnant while on period" so now I know she's even letting this guy cum in her, which is something that the two of us only just started doing (quite the coincidence huh). That alone is basically a deal breaker for me.

I feel like I have absolutely zero say in anything that's going on and that she's just using me for a nice place to go home to and for financial support (I make the majority of the money). She's been trying to get me to buy her things way more often than she ever did before starting the affair. Not sure if that's related but it seems a little coincidental as well. I've tried discussing her cutting down on the travel, getting a new job, etc. but she's always been obsessed with work so has absolutely no desire to do anything that could potentially affect work. Won't even discuss it.

I know I'm supposed to have a specific question for the community so I guess I'm just asking for confirmation that I'm putting up with way too much poo poo from her and being a sucker. Happy to answer any clarifying questions. Sorry for the length and thanks for listening.

TL:DR My girlfriend of 15 years has cheated on me 3 times now, the most recent a full-blown affair with her married-with-kids boss while traveling most weeks out of the past year. We opened our relationship at her request after I confronted her about it, but that is not surprisingly backfiring and I want to close the relationship. She dismisses my feelings towards her ending her affair so has been continuing it. I'm getting real loving sick of it and am pretty close to pulling the plug.

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for the feedback everyone. Honestly, as I hit submit after typing this post, I knew what I needed to do. Typing all that out made me realize how much of an idiot I've been. I mean, I already knew, I just didn't want to admit it. I'm going to get out. I'll update if anything crazy or noteworthy happens.
I'm on an airplane skydiving, they told us we have to jump because the plane is going to crash. It appears to be going straight at the ground. Oh, it just crashed into the ground. Who saw that coming? It's on fire and the corpses around me are quickly being engulfed in flames. I'm not going to ask if I should get out or not. Just venting a bit about the pressure this skydiving trip turned plane crash has put me under.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

girl pants posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin#Adverse_effects

Well that just looks horrifying!

My boyfriend (27 M) has acne on his back and chest and I (26 F) don't like it, but he won't fix it

What kind of women is this that she doesn't get into the social grooming behavior backne triggers?

Note: I am a woman.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

girl pants posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin#Adverse_effects

Well that just looks horrifying!

My boyfriend (27 M) has acne on his back and chest and I (26 F) don't like it, but he won't fix it
I stopped dairy+peanut butter and my face stopped being super greasy and weird and I also stopped getting acne on my back/chest. At 30. Nothing else really worked.

It makes me wonder how many people have acne due to that stuff, because my derm never once brought it up and just prescribed me tons of different poo poo.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 12, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khorne posted:

I'm [28M] thinking about ending my 15 year relationship with my cheating girlfriend [28F].

I'm on an airplane skydiving, they told us we have to jump because the plane is going to crash. It appears to be going straight at the ground. Oh, it just crashed into the ground. Who saw that coming? It's on fire and the corpses around me are quickly being engulfed in flames. I'm not going to ask if I should get out or not. Just venting a bit about the pressure this skydiving trip turned plane crash has put me under.

I assume the update was inviting all of reddit to their wedding?

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

Bored posted:

What kind of women is this that she doesn't get into the social grooming behavior backne triggers?

Note: I am a woman.

Agreed. Go Dr. Pimple Popper on that (without scalpels).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

girl pants posted:

Also if you run out of toilet paper and just have tissues on hand, make sure they are not the soothing Vicks ones.

Yes, I know this from experience.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

What's the deal with women?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Khorne posted:

It makes me wonder how many people have acne due to that stuff, because my derm never once brought it up and just prescribed me tons of different poo poo.
To be fair, most "stop eating X and your acne will magically go away!" stuff is dismissed as myths, and it's hard to tell what's a legitimate tip and what's confirmation bias since everyone's skin & cause of acne is different.

Part of why I stuck with my dermatologist is because he went straight to stuff that worked and didn't waste my time with "did you try cleaning regimen XYZ? what specific products are you using? have you tried not eating this category of food?" bullshit. Which is good, because it turns out none of that stuff is actually going to help with hormonal acne that turned into cystic acne. It can help maintain nice skin afterwards, but it's never going to treat the root cause for certain types of acne.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also if you run out of toilet paper and just have tissues on hand, make sure they are not the soothing Vicks ones.

Yes, I know this from experience.

:gonk:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I [25M] have been dating with [23F], direct contact is great, indirect don't know if she's even alive.

quote:

K here's the deal. For the past 1.5 months I've been dating this girl. I knew her via a friend at a party (only made short small talk), bumped into her 3-4 months later while I was working (I work at a bar). Talked to her some more, she added me to Facebook, I went on a trip to New Zealand, came back 1 month later, asked her out, she said yes.

From the very first date it went really really well. We kissed on the first date slept together on the 3rd (no sex, she had a bad experience and I said she should only do stuff she is comfortable with) and have been seeing each other once or maybe twice a week for a month. She said she never went so fast with a guy and clicked so well (she is the type that likes to take it real slow). She had only been with 2 guys till now.

After that month contact seemed just to become harder and harder. At first we both asked each other out on 50-50 basis. There was initiative on both sides. For the last 2 weeks I've had the feeling I've been pulling all the weight. Asking what she's doing, when she's free and it takes forever before I get a reaction from her. Now contact is once every two days on average via text and I haven't seen her for almost 2 weeks now.

To put in into her perspective. She is a really busy person. I respect her for that. I also said I think it's important that she keeps her space to do the things she loves. She does the honours program on our university, attends masterclasses, has tons of deadlines (architecture student) and balances it with 2 jobs. She also admitted from the start she's a horrible text'er and often forgets sometimes. Ok, I can live with that. I know plenty of people who are sloppy text'ers (I'm know to be very punctual about it). With her till now it's always been: I text her, she sends something back at the end of the day or the next morning. Sometimes short sometimes really long showing lots of interest.

One and a half week ago she came to me saying: 'GranolaApe, I don't know what to do. I'm so busy, I'm not sure I have the time to date...' After talking a bit she said she might be overthinking it and that she really loved the time spent together and asked when I was free the next week. Didn't know yet, kissed and said see you soon.

When we're together it's great. I often have to kinda make her relax/break the bubble, but after that it's all hugs, laughs, kisses and at the end I practically have to shove her out the door, because otherwise she would be late for class ('ok, I really have to go now' 'Then why are you still hugging me on the coach?')

Also distance isn't an issue, we live in the same street.

It feels really stupid to send another text to her, while she didn't even react to the previous one the day before.

I don't really know how to continue with her and make this relationship go farther. It's really tiring have the feeling you have to snap her attention to yourself. Maybe I'm being too insecure. I've had a lot of negative experiences in the past and although I've been able to keep my cool in front of her, I had 1 or 2 light panic attacks when I'm alone. Also the last one and a half week is exam week, and she had a presentation and 3 deadlines. We would see each other last thursday, but she said she still wasn't done with her work (it was 10 pm) and felt sick. I called her and she sounded absolutely miserable. The next day I asked if she felt better again and she said if she could drop by for a little while, but I was at work till 4 am.

TL;DR: I really like a girl, when we're together she clearly likes me. She's really busy, hardly non face to face contact. Not sure how to continue.
I think we need an ace detective to solve this mystery. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I checked into octopus present situation some more because I think it'd be amazing to have an octopus and I think the guy is more of a moron than the thread even gave him credit for. Even 60 seconds of google research would have told him that the tank probably needs to be cycled (getting a functional and stable bacterial nitrogen cycle happening) for ~90 days before it'll do anything other than nearly instantly kill the octopus.

On top of that the average lifespan of a typical captive octopus is less than a year so it's kind of a lovely pet to begin with.

I do give the guy credit for a pretty thoughtful and sweet idea it just also happened to be a really stupid idea that he should have nearly instantly realized.

I probably will NOT guy myself an octopus because they apparently need fed every day or two and I go out of town for a week at a time a lot.