Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

:wrong:

Step 1: Motion capture
Step 2: Motion capture
Step 3: Motion capture
Step 4: Motion capture
Step 5: Motion capture
Step 6: Well earned vacation
Step 7: Motion capture
Step 8: Work on art assets for several years
Step 9: Nail down the flight model and combat, Add MMO features
Step 10: Emergent gameplay

Son of a...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

grimcreaper posted:

I dont get it

It was promoted by that Dad joke thing. The old “guy walks in to a psychiatrist’s office” dad joke where he’s wearing only Saran Wrap? Same punchline. Just tailored for the thread because of SD’s colorful history.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Virtual Captain posted:

Step 11 write the script

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Omniblivion posted:

I'm posting from the past.

Mad props, Streetroller. You're doing God's work.

The comments on there are so ridiculous; the SC community is comprised of some hosed up people (well, duh)

I'm a ginger and have no soul so it's ok for me to say this:

Not to take advantage of your disability, but can't we like #WeSupportStreetroller movement and tag a bunch of those groups that follow these support movements just to spotlight how lovely the community is? I don't do much social media stuff but that would be hilarious and another way to just pour gasoline on the fire

Keep it up, Goon.

Dude. Just compare your comment to this one:

... and I'm getting worse in private
This is one hosed up community.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Virtual Captain posted:

Perfect. This is, in fact, exactly how Chris thinks game development works. You can see that in this model, he's doing the lion's share of the work, just like he believes he is. Just a couple little pieces to go and everyone's letting him down.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

One you lock the target
Two you bait the line
Three you slowly spread the net
And four you catch the man

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Foo Diddley posted:

One you lock the target
Two you bait the line
Three you slowly spread the net
And four you catch the man

Egg?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yes, but why egg?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Just because I love how on the nose this is.

quote:

When the project was announced, it symbolized a future where Humanity could create habitable worlds without the risk of harming other species. Haulers made the long trek to take resources into the system even if profits margins were higher elsewhere. Scholars expounded at length what the success of Archangel could mean to the Empire’s future. And civilians in every system excitedly waited for a new world to be born.

Yet as the decades passed, the promise of the Synthworld seemed to wane along with the public’s interest. Despite billions of hours and credits spent, the planet seemed no closer to completion. The project became tainted with corruption scandals and cost overruns, leading some progressive Transitionalists to call it a “financial vampire” that was draining money and resources from more important projects. The Synthworld no longer symbolized the future; it was putting it in jeopardy.

Today, Chronos sees a minimal amount of traffic. Haulers still offload supplies at Archangel Station and some traverse the system along the designated travel lanes to access the Branaugh System. Past that, there are few other reason for people to find themselves in the Chronos System.

Now how are you gonna say that art doesn't imitate life.

quote:

Today, construction on the Synthworld continues. Updates on the project have become less frequent, but government scientists and engineers claim to be making progress. Many still hold hope that the bold face of Humanity’s future will yet emerge from Chronos. Whether Synthworld becomes one of Humanity’s greatest successes or failures is still to be decided.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Streetroller posted:

I've been yelling from the rooftops about how lovely the SC community is since 2013. Sorry you're experiencing it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the super powered space marine killing bad guys in the far flung future who can't take another magazine out of my backpack on my own.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tippis posted:

Yes, but why egg?

it just happens i suppose

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Is he talking about the game where firing bullets doesn't deplete your ammo.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
She was hungry; she required me, entirely

I still feel disemboweled

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

iospace posted:

We're totally a cult.

A cult of wanting actually good games to play.

I’ve got cute boots and a cloak all picked out. I’m prepared.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

this is the best thing I'll see this today and I'm going to a strip club for lunch

satan bless this unholy cuteness

A strip club for lunch? Uhhh.. what’d you... eat?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Streetroller posted:

I reported tons of that stuff as hate speech. Hopefully youtube will bring their travel-size hammer down on them.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

That clip reminded me of something. One thing that I've noticed over the past year (and you all have as well, I'm sure) is the big push to "emergent gameplay" which honestly should tell someone everything they need to know about Star Citizen. Even way back during the kickstarter, Star Citizen was billed as being a sandbox, but one rich in deep lore and narrative. Backers (myself included) were excited about how different this would be than the "one faceless spaceman among millions" style of Elite. Chris told us that all the NPCs would have their own lives, their own jobs and tasks. Star Citizen would be the perfect blending of a big sandbox and a rich narrative, giving players freedom without making players feel like just another number.

Slowly, like a creeping illness, that has been chipped away and replaced with "emergent gameplay" because they've realized they don't have the capability to make a new WoW without instances. They just don't have the skill or manpower, and quite frankly even if they did, that rich narrative is at odds with other design choices they've made. The walls separating Star Citizen's future (imagined) gameplay from Elite's current gameplay are crumbling, sinking into a sea of excuses. Backers - of course - will tell you differently if you say this, but one look at the way they defend the game not being fun shines a light on their acceptance of emergent gameplay as king. There will be no rich narrative, no complex lore for backers to interact with, because there can't be. What lore and narrative exists will do so as window dressing on Just Another Sandbox Game. Those pirates that interdicted you while you were trying to complete your trade run? Spawned just for you, with no reason or thought given as to your haul or location. Because that's the easiest way to do it, just like Elite. Now you'll "make your own fun" in the 'Verse, because you have to. The Old Gods are dead, all hail Procgen.

:five::five::five:

This is dead on.

Streetroller posted:

Well he does have a point. You’ll never be a baseball playing prick furiously defending a serial liar, man. After laying down that epic burn — the latest in a merciless volley — he probably stood right up and :lol:ed like the badass he so totally is.

“I so totally :owned: that guy just now! Whooo!”

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Just imagine being so disgustingly big that your entire body generates a smell that you can't scrub off. Uuuggghhhh.

This is a p gross thought and involuntary made me smell something in my imagination that made my nose scrunch.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wow! Great job!! :five:

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Sydney's a broad, man!
Sydney's a broad man!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Streetroller posted:

reading that thread is worse then porta potty diving at a concert. It is a cesspool. But why cant CR defend himself or the game? After all they have a whole department set up for that.
They could just they have received it and have no comment or some poo poo. But they let the shitizens do this?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 12, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

They still owe him money.

They don't owe me money.

I have no cause of action, other than defamation (which is just a waste of my time and money, as it won't get me to the money part quickly enough to make it worth the hassle) from Ortwin's bullshit C&D accusations of doxxing and stalking, and Croberts 8hr high profile project diatribe.

Huh. According to his post about “why” he didn’t say he was still owed money. But that’d be a good reason.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

I’ve got cute boots and a cloak all picked out. I’m prepared.

Instead of a cloak we should wear snuggies

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

Instead of a cloak we should wear snuggies

Well, if you're gonna wear snuggies, might as well wear crocs too - throw dignity to the wind

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I mean, if I'm rockin a snuggie I ain't wearing shoes at all.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Eventually you have to go on the patio to pee.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

just lol if your weak city feet need shoes to go on the patio

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

What the gently caress is a snuggie

do i even want to know

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

What the gently caress is a snuggie

do i even want to know

look at how culty it is

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

look at how culty it is

Looks comfy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Me on the left

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

What always got me about the Snuggie is that it's basically a bathrobe that your supposed to wear backwards. Did we really need a "As seen on TV" blitz for such a thing?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Viscous Soda posted:

What always got me about the Snuggie is that it's basically a bathrobe that your supposed to wear backwards. Did we really need a "As seen on TV" blitz for such a thing?

absolutely

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

We need DS faces silk screened on the fronts of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A friend once got me a snuggie as a joke gift but honestly that thing was loving great. And I promise I'm not just ripping off a Daniel Tosh joke, I really did love my Sonic the hedgehog snuggie (as long as nobody else was in my house).