Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Can I borrow your poop knife bro

why did nobody else go insane with laughter over poop knife man

What else is there to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This one is eerie

My [34/M] wife [35/F] disappeared to California for 6 months, everything is weird now

quote:

I love my wife more than anything, and after 10 years of dating, we got married 3 years ago. She had a really rough childhood. Her dad had dropped out of med school and had been relying on his wife's job as a receptionist and familial donations while he wrote his great American novel. The book was a complete failure, and he fell into a heavy depression. He became an alcoholic, left his wife and 3 kids, and died by 40. My wife never had enough, she was raised in poverty. She wanted to do better, and go to school for law, but never had the money and waited tables for years until she met me. I was lucky to have wealthy parents, and they helped get her into school. We've had our ups and downs, but we do very well. My wife and I have an 8 month old son, and a 2 year old daughter. She tells me how happy she is all the time, and I thought things were good.

Well, 6 months ago, my wife disappeared. I came home from work and the nanny was with our kids, but my wife was no where to be seen. Some of the spare luggage we keep had been taken, clothes were gone from the dresser, and a lot of her personal stuff was gone. When I asked the nanny if she'd seen my wife, she said that she'd gone on a vacation. I asked if she'd had anymore details, and the nanny seemed stunned I didn't know what was going on. My wife had just told her that she had been planning a trip, got into the car with her bags, and left. The police said they couldn't do anything, since it appeared she'd left on her own accord, and said it was likely that she'd just left. Obviously, I wanted to look for her, but there's only so much amateur sleuthing one can do while raising up two children under 3. It was draining. It was hard. I had to deal with my 2 year old walking around the house going, "Mommy? Mommy?" while my son was screaming and I had work to get done that I'd had to take home to take care of my kids.

She came back this morning. I never changed the locks because I always had a feeling she might come home. Well, she did. Her hair was cut short, and she had her bags with her. I was getting ready for work, and she just seemed different. My wife was always smaller in terms of personality, she talked really breathily and let other people take the reigns. She would hunch over, and rush her sentences, and never make eye contact- all of it was left over from when she was a kid. When she came home, she was really assertive. She made eye contact, said she loved me, and then went upstairs and showered. I was in such shock I let her go, and fed our son. She came back down and I asked where she'd been, and she said California, writing. She had a book draft and she was going to have it published. I said good for her, why did she leave, why didn't she tell me. She said she had to, it wasn't fair to her to stay here. I asked what happened, and why she never told me, and she said I asked too many questions.

It's weird. She's not really playing with our daughter anymore, just interacting from afar. When she fed our son, the second he was done, she put him down almost instantly and walked away. I try to talk to her, and she shuts me down or takes the conversation where she wants it to go. I always hoped she'd become more confident, but this feels more like jerkiness. I asked her again why she hadn't told me, and she said she wanted pasta for dinner and she wasn't going to cook it. Before she left, we did an equal share of chores, but she did a bit more because she was home more often, and she never complained. I always told her I wanted to make it fair, and she said she enjoyed it. After we ate, I asked her to put the dishes in the washer while I put the kids to bed, and she asked why should she. I said because it's fair, I cooked dinner and am putting the children to bed. She said she won't.

You know when you've watched a movie, and the second time you see it you can almost visualize the next scene? I feel like that right now. I can see her slowly morphing into her father, and I don't know what to do. I feel helpless and afraid, but I feel like if I get a divorce or even threaten, I might be lost without closure. It's new, and I feel like I'm being hasty in posting, but also, I just need some guidance. My wife doesn't feel like my wife anymore, I feel like a single parent. Any advice? Any thoughts?

TL;DR: My wife disappeared to California to write a book, and now everything is weird.

I feel like the next update is going to come from his friend, who will end his tale with a horrid description of a thing on his doorstep.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Can I borrow your poop knife bro

why did nobody else go insane with laughter over poop knife man

It's currently flooding the front page of imgur right now.

Also I feel like it's a repeat?

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
That's some body snatcher rear end poo poo right there.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

ArbitraryC posted:

i'm not assuming anything it's by her own words. Literally everything there for someone taking advantage of a drunk person to have sex is in that post, including the regretful aftermath. The only mitigating factor is that she claimed once she was in his room with him he was the one pursuing it, which is something someone who sexually assaulted another person would say to cover their rear end.
You aren't going by her words, you're saying she's a lying liar who lied about like 95% of the facts. If she is such a liar, of course she would also say he was conscious and they were having a conversation, also just to cover her rear end. So why not assume she was lying about that stuff too?

I think if you accept the post is real at all, you have to accept the stated facts. Of course you can interpret different people's different experiences of those facts (e.g., one person is silent because they're scared, the other person assumes they're into it), but once you think the facts are completely made up, there's no point to discussing it.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 13, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This one is eerie

My [34/M] wife [35/F] disappeared to California for 6 months, everything is weird now

I feel like the next update is going to come from his friend, who will end his tale with a horrid description of a thing on his doorstep.

He needs to serve her with divorce papers before the kids get used to her again and go for full custody.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

therobit posted:

He needs to serve her with divorce papers before the kids get used to her again and go for full custody.

Yeah pretty much, a crazy person around kids is not a good idea. Is that schizophrenia or something if it's hitting her around same age as her father? Although I thought that was always before 30.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

quote:

I feel like if I get a divorce or even threaten, I might be lost without closure
What the hell closure could be possibly be imagining and why does he think it's any more likely if he tries to stay married

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rad Russian posted:

Yeah pretty much, a crazy person around kids is not a good idea. Is that schizophrenia or something if it's hitting her around same age as her father? Although I thought that was before 30.

It's a makeover: old her in the garbage, new her in display case.

Or maybe she had a stroke.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

[quote="“Absurd Alhazred”" post="“480230954”"]
This one is eerie

[/quote]

I hope he left out a bunch of details where he tried to contact her and stuff. Because it reads like she just left and all he has to say is “Oh well.” If my spouse just skipped town one day and was gone 6 months I’d either assume he’d gone crazy and/or was dead. I certainly wouldn’t be welcoming him back, at any rate. Especially with two young kids, what the hell.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anne Whateley posted:

You aren't going by her words, you're saying she's a lying liar who lied about like 95% of the facts. If she is such a liar, of course she would also say he was conscious and they were having a conversation, also just to cover her rear end. So why not assume she was lying about that stuff too?

I think if you accept the post is real at all, you have to accept the stated facts. Of course you can interpret different people's different experiences of those facts (e.g., one person is silent because they're scared, the other person assumes they're into it), but once you think the facts are completely made up, there's no point to discussing it.

*person flees own room in middle of the night after sexual encounter after sobering up*

"they obviously wanted it"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

xpost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have completely ruined my life by having an affair with a rich man's daughter.

I went to a bar tonight with my wife and the bartender knew the girl I was loving, knew me because the girl I was loving told her about me, and then talked about the girl I was loving in front of my wife.

I want to die.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hahaha, good

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My (24F) husband (28M) of one year thinks that buying books is a waste of money and space

quote:

My husband and I have been married for one year and together for 3 years in total.

Even since I've known for myself, I liked reading books. It's probably the only passion that sterns from my childhood. In my teenage years, I started buying books, though I've never had enough money to buy them as much as I'd like. When I was a Uni student, buying books was a luxury so I usually only borrowed from library. However, I've always had a dream of having my own home library.

Now I know that the library dream is never going to come true. My husband and I bought an apartment after we got married. We have stable jobs, thogh. They are well paid. Now I planned to buy 2-3 books every month, as I have to count on some other "additional" expenses too (clothes, cosmetics etc), and 2-3 books a month is about 30€ a month, so it's not THAT much. It could even be more books as there are many books that cost 5 or 6 euros. However I wanted my book budget to be 30€.

My husband and I have a mutual finance account. Whenever there is something we plan to buy, we inform the other. When I told him I wanted to buy a couple of books, he started complaining.

He said that buying books is a total waste of money since I already own a library card. He told me that stocking books in our house is pointless as "it's not like I'm going to read every book ten times". He doesn't understand the value of having a small home library. We do have a bookcase (which already contains some books), band he said that there is no way he would buy another one for the rest of my books because "he doesn't want his flat to look like some sort of a nerdhouse".

And he said that we should use the 30€ more smartly, or save it, as (he calculated), 30€ in 10 years could be 3600€ and could be used for something better... And as you know, it's definitely not a lot of money... We live in a somewhat poor country, but it's still.not a lot.

I don't know why spending 30€ on books is a big deal. He just says "No way" and doesn"t want to talk about it. Honestly, it feels like persuading a parent to let ypu do something. And it makes me feel heartbroken. There's no problem with buying clothes or basically anything else - but there is a problem with buying books?

He just doesn't seem to understand this. How can I talk to him about it? What can I do about it? I don't want to just go and buy books without his knowledge as it will definitely make him angry or create tension between us. I just have no idea what to do. Maybe this sounds like something minor or insignificant tonyou, but I wanted to do this since I was 14 or 15 - all this time I waited to get a job so I could use the money for things like these - and now... I can't do it.

I just feel bad and bad and worse.

What can I do about this?

Tl;dr - I want to buy 2-3 books every month so I can eventually have a mini home library. My husband doesn't want it. He thinks it's a waste of money because I already have a library card.

Get a divorce? Why did you marry this person? :psyduck:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Rad Russian posted:

Yeah pretty much, a crazy person around kids is not a good idea. Is that schizophrenia or something if it's hitting her around same age as her father? Although I thought that was always before 30.

In women, there's a second peak of delusions/schizophrenia in middle age, although it seems this lady is too young for that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My (24F) husband (28M) of one year thinks that buying books is a waste of money and space
He almost had an argument until 'nerdhouse'. It was a lovely, arrogant argument, but a barely viable perspective nevertheless.

How do people progress so far in relationships before this kind of poo poo comes up?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh yeah, this guy that pissed on his affair partner with his urine.

yepppp
and her dad is a millionaire.  She went to Holyoke and Duquesne Law.

She goes to literally every party I go to and every event I go to. She is on the board of every volunteer event in my neighborhood I worked for last year. 

I can't escape her and and I can't escape what I did and it still pops up when I don't expect it to, like tonight.  She knew this bartender because the bartender worked at a bar we both frequented.  She can't shut the gently caress up.

She told her I was her pet for gently caress's sake

At least he's in therapy and quitting drinking.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

value-brand cereal posted:

Oh yeah, this guy that pissed on his affair partner with his urine.

At least he's in therapy and quitting drinking.

And he stopped being her pet?! IN THIS ECONOMY?! :cripes:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

value-brand cereal posted:

At least he's ... quitting drinking.

pfffft lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

woah woah woah... a second bookshelf? what are you, some kind of nerd?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator posted:

She's obviously very ugly there's no other explanation

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My [22M] girlfriend [22F] constantly asks for piggyback rides and its exhausting.
Stop whining and just get some exercise you lazy turd? It's just 165lbs on your back. . I'd comment on the piggyback thing, but she's 6'1. It's probably a novelty that she can feel small.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 13, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This one is eerie

drat spooky imo. Shouldn't he be flipping his poo poo? Also asking to see her Shining-esque manuscript?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

He should find out which Rich ex lover she murdered before returning home

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

La Brea Carpet posted:

In women, there's a second peak of delusions/schizophrenia in middle age, although it seems this lady is too young for that.

Maybe, maybe not. I found this info from looking up ‘schizophrenia onset’

quote:

Schizophrenia is a disease that typically begins in early adulthood; between the ages of 15 and 25. Men tend to develop schizophrenia slightly earlier than women; whereas most males become ill between 16 and 25 years old, most females develop symptoms several years later, and the incidence in women is noticably higher in women after age 30. The average age of onset is 18 in men and 25 in women. Schizophrenia onset is quite rare for people under 10 years of age, or over 40 years of age. The diagram below demonstrates the general "age of onset" trends for schizophrenia in men and women, from a representative study on the topic.

The diagram mentioned showed an uptick between 30 and 40 for women, so it could be a later onset case?

Whatever the cause was, I doubt we’ll ever get resolution because the OP deleted the post.

E: also, considering she left when the younger child was two months old, I’m wondering if she had severe unchecked PPD or something.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 13, 2018

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: also, considering she left when the younger child was two months old, I’m wondering if she had severe unchecked PPD or something.

Yeah that's just downright bizarre behavior. Reminds me a bit of "A Doll's House".

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

*person flees own room in middle of the night after sexual encounter after sobering up*

"they obviously wanted it"
Jesus Christ, it's impossible to have a conversation with you. I never said or thought anything like that. Not only did I never say that, I explicitly said I wasn't saying that.

Anne Whateley posted:

I didn't say he was lying or anything like that, I don't think he was. I do think he has some weird poo poo going on, which is what I said.
I don't think anyone in the story is lying. It's not like either one of them has to be.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Anne Whateley posted:

Jesus Christ, it's impossible to have a conversation with you. I never said or thought anything like that. Not only did I never say that, I explicitly said I wasn't saying that.

Maybe it was a coyote ugly scenario he didn't want to admit to his chums.

Uhg yeah I'm drunk and horny and this chick wants to bang sweet....Ok I'm sober and holy poo poo she is not even remotely attractive that was a loving mistake she took advantage of me bro! I didn't even want to!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

She almost assuredly started this little trip with PPD. Who knows what she did to get over it but it clearly didn't include getting back to a place to rejoin her family.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Magic cards, the original loot boxes

Pretty impressive you made it this far without noticing baseball cards.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

She almost assuredly started this little trip with PPD. Who knows what she did to get over it but it clearly didn't include getting back to a place to rejoin her family.

Someone said the phrase that activated her hidden assassin programming. Did any Russian nationals or nuclear physics professors die mysteriously while she was gone?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

La Brea Carpet posted:

Someone said the phrase that activated her hidden assassin programming. Did any Russian nationals or nuclear physics professors die mysteriously while she was gone?

I was gonna say it was the PPD thing but I'm changing my guess to this.

I'm [25f] not interested in the fetish my husband [26m]and I use to share before the birth of our baby anymore. Married 2 years. He feels deprived and is now calling me selfish. What else can I do?

quote:

I posted this a little earlier but there were some mistakes I had to fix. I really need to resolve this issue with him as quickly as possible, because I'm at my wit's end with him honestly. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 2. We've never had any major problems until now. This might sound weird at first but here's the thing. My husband has a obsession with a specific part of my body--my boobs. This was a big part of our sex life, and it's literally what he's obsessed with when we have our sexy times. But after our baby was born 3 months ago, things have changed. We both knew (or so I thought) about the changes that would occur when the baby got here. Now this is becoming a daily argument.

My breasts are tender, sensitive, ,and seem to leak at the slightest touch. I know some women don't have that many problems when it comes to them and sex, but its just very uncomfortable for me, and I would prefer it if he left them alone while I'm breastfeeding. He'll come up and touch them when I'm nursing the baby, or just try to touch them randomly in general, and It just grosses me out. I see them as a food source for her now, and whenever he tries to do something with them I just think of my baby, which turns me off. He even expressed wanting me to "nurse" him, which--and no offense to anyone who does--almost made me want to throw up thinking about it. I don't want him anywhere near my breasts anymore. And honestly, even if I wasn't breastfeeding, I'm just not into him doing ALL that stuff with my breasts anymore.

When we do manage to have intimate time (which is once a week or maybe 2 if we're lucky) I keep my breasts off limits, and I know its selfish, but for the life of me I can't stop thinking about that the same thing he messes with is what I'm going to go nurse her with in a while. He says I'm sexually depriving him, but I've pushed myself to have sex even though I could go months without it right now.

He's upset and wants to argue with me all the time about how I'm being selfish, the baby has take over, I'm being a bad wife...all this stuff that is just adding on to all this stress. He knew it was going to be like this for at least a year and a half. I understand that was a major part of the experience for him but I have been trying to bring other things in. What can I do or say to him to help him deal with this change?

tl;dr: After the birth of our baby the sexual fetish we shared has not become gross to me. Husband feels deprived and thinks I'm being selfish. I want him to feel taken care of but really don't want to bring that back into our sex. What else can I do?

This is extremely common with new mothers and I hope they can come to some sort of understanding where he's patient while she learns to see herself as a sexual being again but probably he's going to push her away until she's disgusted by the concept of sex and then he's going to cheat on her because she freaks out every time he comes near her.

Also lol at their shared fetish being "boobs".

girl pants fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 13, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Outrail posted:

Maybe it was a coyote ugly scenario he didn't want to admit to his chums.

Uhg yeah I'm drunk and horny and this chick wants to bang sweet....Ok I'm sober and holy poo poo she is not even remotely attractive that was a loving mistake she took advantage of me bro! I didn't even want to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivbBu1pXRg

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I’m changing my guess to ‘received a letter from long-lost estranged identical twin asking her to come visit in Cali’. Your wife is gone, dude. It’s her twin!. Your real wife got dumped into the Pacific Ocean.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m changing my guess to ‘received a letter from long-lost estranged identical twin asking her to come visit in Cali’. Your wife is gone, dude. It’s her twin!

If I've learned anything from daytime tv it's this: the twin definitely killed her.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

How do I [28F] talk to my boyfriend [30M] about pooping on the bathroom counter? (Yes, you read that correctly.)
AWildPooAppeared

quote:

Throwaway account for reasons that will become apparent.

First, some backstory:

Boyfriend and I have been together for 6+ years, living together for 4ish of those. Our relationship isn’t in a great place right now, and one of the reasons for this is that he will frequently stay up all night playing video games, talking to other players on a headset. I work full time and he is self-employed, so there are many nights where I go to bed long before he does, and since he usually drinks while he plays the game, he gets loud and wakes me up in the middle of the night.

When we’ve talked about this while sober, he says it’s always okay for me to ask him to quiet down, but about half the time he gets annoyed, and it will occasionally escalate into a fight. During these fights he will become belligerent and either yell or become otherwise physically aggressive (throwing things, etc.) and then the next day, acts as though nothing happened; when I bring it up, he usually either downplays it or claims that we share the blame for him getting angry. We have had many conversations about this and unfortunately it is still an issue.

Last night, I went to sleep and was awoken in the middle of the night by him yelling into the headset for his game, and came out of the bedroom to ask him to be a little quieter. He was angry and threw his headset, and I just shrugged and went back to bed. He banged on the door for a minute, I guess to be intentionally loud, and when I asked him to stop, he (drunkenly) yelled at me about how I was telling him not to play his game anymore and that I was making him choose; I just repeated that I had asked him to just be a little quieter, and eventually he left and I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up this morning for work, he was banging around in the bathroom, and I caught a whiff of something foul but couldn’t see what he was doing. I said (through the crack in the door) “Hey, I need to get ready for work, will you be done in there soon?” He mumbles yes and closes the door. After having breakfast and going about my business, I went to the bathroom and found that there were two large pieces of poop on the counter, and boyfriend had gone to bed.

I was completely flabbergasted (of course) and went to try to wake boyfriend up, saying “hey, from a non-judgmental place...did you poop on the bathroom counter?” (I mean what the actual gently caress do you say in this situation?) He muttered something unintelligible. I continued, “can you please clean it up?” and at this point, he went to sleep. So, I cleaned it up and managed not to vomit all over the apartment, completed the worst morning I’ve had in a long time, and went to work. The pieces were solid, and it didn’t look like a ‘poo poo in pants’ sort of situation, it was laid neatly on the counter and was definitely from a human.

Now, I’m trying to figure out how to bring this up. When I’ve called him out on his drunken behavior before, he’s gotten very defensive and angry and I’m sure this will be no different. I don’t know if the poop on the counter was: a drunken accident, an act of petty revenge, a strange sexual fetish thing that has not surfaced in the past six years (extremely unlikely), or some other thing. I don’t want him to feel humiliated but I also need to know what the gently caress happened.

tl;dr: My boyfriend pooped on the bathroom counter and left it for me to find, now I'm trying to figure out how to bring it up and what to do. HELP.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Another one having unwittingly married a cat it seems.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I'm just curious how an alcoholic with what sounds like a terrible lifestyle was able to make two dry turds. Maybe he's related to the poop knife family.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Don't bring it up don't talk to him anymore just pack your poo poo and get out. Let him get drunk and fling his own poop oh my god. Why are there so many men pooping on and around the house. Why are men like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
"Self-employed" okay so he also doesn't work, lady what are you getting out of this relationship