Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Primals are like Old Testament Gods full of wrath and fire and commands while the WoL is like Jesus, God in a human body, and stuff like making stew is like how Jesus would wash people's feet which they would have added during 2.X but they try not to give the foot fetishists much to latch onto.

Quest team shows their bias around Azim Steppe in this regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Primals are like Old Testament Gods full of wrath and fire and commands while the WoL is like Jesus, God in a human body, and stuff like making stew is like how Jesus would wash people's feet which they would have added during 2.X but they try not to give the foot fetishists much to latch onto.
A policy that has changed since Stormblood, thank God.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mister Olympus posted:

Quest team shows their bias around Azim Steppe in this regard

ImpAtom posted:

(Y) and (Z) need to just kiss already

do you have any idea how hard it is to find fanart of these two?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Turns out I copy-pasted the wrong image link. Have what I was ACTUALLY trying to copy-paste.

Gee, what could possibly happen if a god should choose to fight a god-killer? An angry, vengeful, wrathful god-killer at that. Hmmm...

Hell, same (HW spoilers)

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 13, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Now that you mention it, i remember the WoL infusing water with alcohol for the people, just like Jesus

by dumping rice wine into a hot spring, but, baby steps

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

You know what FFXIV needs?

Luchador masks.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Note: The Warriors of Darkness died (again) on the way back to their home planet.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on healing Black Hole phase in O4S? I can have people at full health, with Roused Whispering Dawn, Fey Covenant, and a Succor shield prior to the Black Hole cast going off, even throw Excog on the tank, and people are still dying left and right. Obviously Indom when everyone's gathering up for Holy isn't enough healing, but I'm not sure what else there is to give besides maybe a Swiftcasted Succor or trying to switch the initial Succor out for a deployed Adlo.

I guess I can ponder it while waiting for absurdly long Doma Castle DF queues. And take cute /gpose screenshots with AFK friends.

Where are they dying during black hole, at the black hole damage, during fire 3 phase, or at holy?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I checked out SMN for the first time since coming back, and man, it seems that class has changed. Back then, it was get to trance -> trisaster -> contagion -> bane for maximum dottage, then spam ruin 3 or whatever it's called and end trance with a flare.
Now i only have two dots instead of 3, and contagion doesn't extend dots anymore? So much for the 'tri' part of that skill. And are you supposed to spam tri-bind or whatever it's called in trance now? I'm so confused.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

HenryEx posted:

I checked out SMN for the first time since coming back, and man, it seems that class has changed. Back then, it was get to trance -> trisaster -> contagion -> bane for maximum dottage, then spam ruin 3 or whatever it's called and end trance with a flare.
Now i only have two dots instead of 3, and contagion doesn't extend dots anymore? So much for the 'tri' part of that skill. And are you supposed to spam tri-bind or whatever it's called in trance now? I'm so confused.

https://imgur.com/a/gpw3w

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

do you have any idea how hard it is to find fanart of these two?

Is it really? I see plenty of stuff like this on Twitter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

vOv posted:

Is it really? I see plenty of stuff like this on Twitter.

That's from shortly after release, though. It's January.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
What dps jobs are the most lenient in terms of having a high ping (no au servers yada yada)? I'm interested in ninja and bard (I'm a sucker for utility dps), but I've heard ninja is borderline impossible at higher pings, even after the changes. Dragoon seems fun too but combining being locked in place for 2 seconds and high ping is probably a recipe for disaster.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yaaaaaas

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

pupuru posted:

What dps jobs are the most lenient in terms of having a high ping (no au servers yada yada)? I'm interested in ninja and bard (I'm a sucker for utility dps), but I've heard ninja is borderline impossible at higher pings, even after the changes. Dragoon seems fun too but combining being locked in place for 2 seconds and high ping is probably a recipe for disaster.

Ninja is probably the worst with high ping.

SAM and RDM are both pretty lenient.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Ninja is probably the worst with high ping.

SAM and RDM are both pretty lenient.

RDM's hard to play poorly, but when I'm suffering true lag spikes it's incredibly frustrating because the game doesn't quite recognize when I actually have my dualcast buff up. It really throws your flow off to have a spell start hardcasting when you expect it to instacast. I'm not sure how high your latency has to get before that becomes a problem but boy oh boy it makes the class unpleasant when it does.

SAM's not a bad choice, and honestly DRG isn't either. Neither of them rely on buffs that speed up your GCDs, or a burdensome amount of oGCD weaving, and yeah, your latency isn't going to make your DRG jumps any better, but jumping at the wrong time and dying is a feature, not a bug :colbert:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

rely on buffs that speed up your GCDs

:thunk:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

pupuru posted:

What dps jobs are the most lenient in terms of having a high ping (no au servers yada yada)?

WAR :getin:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

DRG sounds awful to play if your latency is bad enough that you can't double weave.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i'm not gonna pretend i didn't forget about that iaijutsu but it's no huton chill out son

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Thancred's been back for all of five seconds and already he and Y'shtola are fighting.

I missed this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Thancred's been back for all of five seconds and already he and Y'shtola are fighting.

I missed this.

I love my Scion family.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Ainsley McTree posted:

RDM's hard to play poorly, but when I'm suffering true lag spikes it's incredibly frustrating because the game doesn't quite recognize when I actually have my dualcast buff up. It really throws your flow off to have a spell start hardcasting when you expect it to instacast. I'm not sure how high your latency has to get before that becomes a problem but boy oh boy it makes the class unpleasant when it does.

yeah I get sometimes with Swiftcast on BLM, it loving sucks.

Ainsley McTree posted:

SAM's not a bad choice, and honestly DRG isn't either. Neither of them rely on buffs that speed up your GCDs, or a burdensome amount of oGCD weaving, and yeah, your latency isn't going to make your DRG jumps any better, but jumping at the wrong time and dying is a feature, not a bug :colbert:

At least when I die as dragoon I can blame lag and not be completely bullshitting. And idk about Samurai, they seem really greedy. I assume they blow the other melee dps out of the water though

slev posted:

DRG sounds awful to play if your latency is bad enough that you can't double weave.

I don't think it's that bad that I can't double weave, but I'm also playing BLM so there's not really a way for me to tell yet

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

pupuru posted:

I can't double weave

it is That Bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just resubbed to do the new years stuff and be ready in time for 4.2 and when I ported in to limsa there was someone doing a live music performace at the aetheryte, which was pretty cool

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Tri-Disaster now boosts your Ruin attacks for a certain period of time in addition to dropping Bio and Miasma (which have both had their potencies buffed) on the enemy’s rear end. Spam Ruin III on single targets when in Dreadwyrm Trance (unless you’re in the 60-70 range and your Ruin Ii just procced into a Ruin IV), spam Tri-Bind on groups.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

slev posted:

it's tough to play at a really high level but you can survive while single weaving pretty okay. a lot of your best ogcd's require to to single-weave anyway. i say it's def better than ninja.

monk is okay too since even low ping players often single-weave.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

AngusPodgorny posted:

That looks like a rotation for the easier 2* recipes, but not the Ala Mhigan gear. The recipe for that is the same concept as Rath's (unless you have the stats to use Initial Preparations - Specialty: Reflect), but you want to buff the touches as much as possible too. For example, the rotation I use is:

Macro 1
Maker's Mark - Comfort Zone - Inner Quiet - Steady Hand II - 3x Piece by Piece - 2x Prudent Touch - 3x Flawless Synthesis

Macros 2-5
Comfort Zone - 10x Flawless Synthesis

Macro 6
Comfort Zone - 4x Flawless Synthesis - Manipulation II - Steady Hand II - 4x Prudent Touch

Macro 7
Comfort Zone - Steady Hand II - Ingenuity II - 3x Prudent Touch - Observe - Focused Touch - Steady Hand - Ingenuity II - Great Strides

Then manually Innovation (so I can skip it on an Excellent) - Byregot's Blessing - Careful Synthesis II

I still need like 8k starting quality to make sure I HQ though.

The first five steps here are pretty common when you're below gear or all normal quality, but the other stuff has some variation. It's not what I do. I'm at a happy 464 cp unbuffed.

The whole point of this rotation is to buy cp on time wasted. If your gear is good but you still need a lot of HQ mats while using it, then clean up the last bit. If your gear is good and you have HQ, save your sanity and use one of the faster rotations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

BLM doesn't have a whole lot of oGCDs but Swiftcast not going off when you think really does gently caress with you.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Ainsley McTree posted:

i'm not gonna pretend i didn't forget about that iaijutsu

:thunk:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

hihifellow posted:

Where are they dying during black hole, at the black hole damage, during fire 3 phase, or at holy?

I've been trying very hard to have people topped off and ideally shielded before Black Holes goes off. I'm not sure why (logs would help but I'm not at my desktop), but Fire III seems to be causing a ton of deaths with our DPS players, and if a DPS dies then a tank or healer is probably dying to Fire III double-tap bullshit too.

Our pattern is to have the tanks go N and E and healers go S and W then circle about 90 degrees clockwise, and DPS spread out around Exdeath's general area. The issue that I'm seeing with that is that one of the tanks is out of healer range and sometimes gets very low or dies if I don't get Excogiaton on them at some point; Fey Union only helps so much. If I'm not mistaken, the Holy itself only hits for about 10k if everyone is stacked up, so that doesn't need much healing. Hell, regen from WD and Medica II would probably suffice.

whatever, gpose is the real end game. Here are some elves who look like they'd like to tell you the Good News about Halone.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 13, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

It's like all of their skills are in a different language or something! :v:

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

ruta posted:

The first five steps here are pretty common when you're below gear or all normal quality, but the other stuff has some variation. It's not what I do. I'm at a happy 464 cp unbuffed.

The whole point of this rotation is to buy cp on time wasted. If your gear is good but you still need a lot of HQ mats while using it, then clean up the last bit. If your gear is good and you have HQ, save your sanity and use one of the faster rotations.
I'm sure there are better rotations out there, especially if you're well above the minimum stats. That's just what I came up with to make my Ala Mhigan gear with back when I barely met the minimum and there weren't any standard rotations. I haven't bothered to update it after getting the Ala Mhigan gear because I haven't crafted since then.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
There shouldn't be any damage to the raid between white hole and black hole and everyone needs to be topped off for white hole so you shouldn't need to be scrambling to heal before black hole. It doesn't do enough damage to need a shield either. Cast a succor and a medica 2 timed to hit after the black hole damage goes out and everyone should be topped off and have a shield and hot for fire 3. The main tank does take a couple autos before black hole so will likely need a cure 2 or excog prior to black hole. Toss in a roused fairy hot and you really shouldn't need to heal the rest of the mechanic, though an Indom before Holy for messy stacking is always good insurance.

First off since the first fire 3 is DPS, even if they die, healers and tanks shouldn't be getting double hit by the next fire 3. That would suggest that DPS are dying to black hole prior to fire 3. Either way, with gear as it is, dying so early suggests there's some loving up going on in the mechanics section, not healing. Likewise, don't think the boss autos there so I see no reason for the tank to need extra heals unless he's loving the poo poo up.

You used to need good fairy timing and Indom timing to make sure everyone was high enough prior to the Holy, but with gear where it is and the succor buff, I think the mechanic is a lot more forgiving for healers. You probably just need your group to get more practice. You might want someone in your group to start logging so you can see who's dying to what.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I've been trying very hard to have people topped off and ideally shielded before Black Holes goes off. I'm not sure why (logs would help but I'm not at my desktop), but Fire III seems to be causing a ton of deaths with our DPS players, and if a DPS dies then a tank or healer is probably dying to Fire III double-tap bullshit too.

Our pattern is to have the tanks go N and E and healers go S and W then circle about 90 degrees clockwise, and DPS spread out around Exdeath's general area. The issue that I'm seeing with that is that one of the tanks is out of healer range and sometimes gets very low or dies if I don't get Excogiaton on them at some point; Fey Union only helps so much. If I'm not mistaken, the Holy itself only hits for about 10k if everyone is stacked up, so that doesn't need much healing. Hell, regen from WD and Medica II would probably suffice.

Due to the randomness of the black hole positions, it's pretty easy for a DPS to panic and either walk right into one or avoid black holes *too* much and clip somebody else with their Fire3. Especially if you have more than two melee DPS who are all trying to keep uptime on Exdeath. What worked for my group was to loosely assign directions to the DPS as well as the tanks and healers, and they stay in roughly that direction from Exdeath unless black hole positions make that impossible. Sometimes you just have to miss a couple of GCDs and stand at mid range until your Fire3 hits and its safe to go back in.

Luckily the second set of black holes is a bit simpler to deal with (unless a black hole appears right inside Exdeath and somebody fails to notice).

The moving black holes also have a deceptively large hitbox so letting one pass close by is just asking for trouble.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Due to the randomness of the black hole positions, it's pretty easy for a DPS to panic and either walk right into one or avoid black holes *too* much and clip somebody else with their Fire3. Especially if you have more than two melee DPS who are all trying to keep uptime on Exdeath. What worked for my group was to loosely assign directions to the DPS as well as the tanks and healers, and they stay in roughly that direction from Exdeath unless black hole positions make that impossible. Sometimes you just have to miss a couple of GCDs and stand at mid range until your Fire3 hits and its safe to go back in.

Luckily the second set of black holes is a bit simpler to deal with (unless a black hole appears right inside Exdeath and somebody fails to notice).

The moving black holes also have a deceptively large hitbox so letting one pass close by is just asking for trouble.

Seconding all this.

Somewhat useful tip - it can be really hard to see the spawning Black Holes because they blend in with the ground effect. To see them, bring your camera to the ground so you're looking horizontally. Black Holes stand out against the skybox.

My group assigns each black hole target a cardinal direction to head to as Black Hole is being cast. From there, each of them gradually moves clockwise to the next cardinal direction. The tethered black holes end up more-or-less on the outside with their targets, giving more room for the DPS to stay on the boss (admittedly, we have SAM/NIN/RDM/BRD, three melee would be trickier). The tether targets can then start moving in from the outside as the second half of Fire III goes off, and getting in for Holy isn't too tough.

At this point, your group should have mostly 330+ gear, so in principle the DPS check should be easy. Err on the side of not dying.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

gently caress

i'm not doing great here

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qiFlsD9Hbs

what the gently caress

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Her videos used to be more on the lame side, but I like her sense of humor.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Listen

I'm going to be thinking about this vegetable game of thrones stuff for weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Listen

I'm going to be thinking about this vegetable game of thrones stuff for weeks

Her videos tend to do that, I still cannot go to a housing area without getting her Shirogane song in my head.