Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Darling in the Franx was a good first episode, though I can't shake the impression the main heroine is intended as an elaborate reference to Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love lum

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

i hope instead of that crap killing bites and devilman crybaby pave a way to the good yuri poo poo like sukeban chainsaw or murcielago

strange post

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aside from all that, a Murcielago anime would do a lot to fill the Black Lagoon shaped hole in my heart that Jormungand filled for a bit.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's nice that they made darling in the franxx specifically for me

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

The best anime this season is Cardcaptor Sakura

:hai:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: Fine, sorry, I guess. Geez.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 13, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cool loving post, update me next week

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what was the post

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh geez lmao, i wasn't actually mad, im sorry

it was just "I don't think I like Darling in the FranXX" and that was it, i had no idea what to do with that information

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was just saying that I thought the first episode was okay, but I'll probably need a couple more episodes to see if it's something I wanna stick with.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
If you want to talk about Darling in the FranXX you could do it here!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

stand your ground you coward

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RME posted:

stand your ground you coward

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the eva refs in ep 1 were cute

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

darling in the franxx was okay. i like 002 and the name klaxosaur

sorry

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Holy poo poo admoon is back

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I miss Bad Seafood.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I miss Bad Seafood.

I assure you he doesn't miss anyone here

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lotta butts this season.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

what's this show

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Record of Grancrest War

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the new Working Buddies is just an extended joke about civet coffee, lol

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

when the Killing Bites designer decided that only guys who transform get their heads changed into beast heads whereas girls just get the animal ears they lost all credibility

show isn't terrible but it isn't great either :(

if i give this the 3 episode test i at least hope the main girl wears something different to fight in!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Allarion posted:

Record of Grancrest War

Is it based on a tabletop like Lodoss War, or is the tabletop just merchandising for the anime?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's hard to get into Killing Bites when the protag is introduced as the driver for a rape van. I don't normally get up in arms about that sort of issue, but here it just makes the whole enterprise feel sleazy.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i think that getting up in arms about rape vans is reasonable

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Freakazoid_ posted:

Is it based on a tabletop like Lodoss War, or is the tabletop just merchandising for the anime?

The former, since it's the same writer as Lodoss.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

she brutally murdered the rapists in a kickass way (ie: brutal)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Paracelsus posted:

It's hard to get into Killing Bites when the protag is introduced as the driver for a rape van. I don't normally get up in arms about that sort of issue, but here it just makes the whole enterprise feel sleazy.

what the heck

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Going by the writeup on ANN, he was tricked into it and the heroine kills the attempted rapists. Still feels sleazy, especially for a fanservice-heavy show.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I'm unreasonably annoyed that the mummy from the mummy show was specifically located and sent from Egypt, but housed in a coffin with a big cross on it rather than a sarcophagus, or even just a coffin with an ankh instead.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Silver2195 posted:

Going by the writeup on ANN, he was tricked into it and the heroine kills the attempted rapists. Still feels sleazy, especially for a fanservice-heavy show.

This is correct, and the point was to double-down on showing just how much his life as a spineless wet noodle was about to change. Like how he didn't really know about his "friends", and how he's completely ill-equipped to deal with this new superhuman fightclub situation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a lovely bit to the show but is ditched almost immediately so i think the remainder of the show's trash will remain in the busty/naked ladies fighting camp

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
So I guess Killing Bites fails to take itself seriously enough to become the next Cross Ange? Too bad, the discussion surrounding CA was epic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Indiana_Krom posted:

So I guess Killing Bites fails to take itself seriously enough to become the next Cross Ange? Too bad, the discussion surrounding CA was epic.
cross ange doesnt really take itself seriously and it really, really wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't finish a cour of cross ange but in that it had a festival ep, burger dog, and plenty of other intentionally goofy stuff. It wasn't great but it also wasn't unflaggingly humorless or anything.

Motto fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 14, 2018

• Locked thread