Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

girl pants posted:

Me [21 M] with my GF [21 F](and almost 2 yr old son.. not mine) of 1yr and almost a half, is she using me?

Lol what a trainwreck

I don't think anyone believes for one second that the toddler broke all those things while he was away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

girl pants posted:

not enough dog dicks for Supernatural. With these types it's always some nonthreatening upper class British dude.

What? That’s gotta be some weird tumblr poo poo. ‘Look at my fanart of Kirk and Spock... only they both have dog dicks!’

I just pick those three because Walking Dead and Supernstural have been in air long enough for some weird obsession to start very early.

In our hearts, we all know it’s Cumberbatch.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

ReadingZucchini posted:

i'm putting my money on Benedict Cumberbatch

I hope it's Seth Rogen, personally.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Haifisch posted:

My [29F] Grandma [70s] thinks it's my responsibility to share my 'resources' with my irresponsible Uncle's [50s] family. She takes our stuff away too and gives it to them (including a house).

She mentions moving to a more "advanced country" so I'm curious where the family is from as different cultures can have incredibly different ideas on the levels of support family must give each other.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

She mentions moving to a more "advanced country" so I'm curious where the family is from as different cultures can have incredibly different ideas on the levels of support family must give each other.

She brings that up a bit in the comments:

quote:

I see what you mean, my country is indeed family orientated, however you are expected to help your parents practically only and your siblings financially or help them get a job interview or something. I had sent some money / get stuff for my brother while he was unemployed, but of course I didn't pass it through Grandma Customs - none of her business.

The idea of a niece helping out a middle aged uncle raises eyebrows here whenever I discuss it with my friends. There is a strong notion of 'the older generation supports the young one' here. It is really her own concept. I think my mum still helps sometimes because she gets tired of constantly saying no and because she has a low threshold of self protection. I have seen her agree to ridiculous things as if out of habit and then getting sad because she was caught off guard.

It sounds like there's a (pretty reasonable) level of cultural assumption that you'll support your family to the best of your abilities, but her grandma takes it way too far, even if you're already prepared to support family members materially.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My [26F] live-in boyfriend [34M] of 2 years won't accept that he can't have other intimate fetish experiences in our "monogamous" relationship

quote:

My boyfriend and I started dating 2.5 years ago and I moved into his flat after a few very intense months. We were madly in love and started having thoughts about marriage, which was the first time in my live and very untypical for me as I used to have rather calm and harmonic relationships. Fast forward by 2 years and I feel like I’m emotionally completely unstable with a brittle self-confidence. While it seemed in the very beginning that we would have a lot of similarities (hobbies, opinions, sexual interest in bdsm), we are now fighting almost weekly about substantial point of views/personal needs/sexuality.

We have the issues that he doesn’t find me particularly attractive, we have different sex drives and that he wants to be sexually and emotionally intimate with other women in form of his hobby bondage. He clearly demands that I stay exclusive to him, but he can’t understand that I don’t want him to have deeply sexual and emotional experiences with other partners.

This goes as far as him forbidding me to get (fully clothed!) photographed by others (I used to be interested in hobby modelling) and of course I can’t live out my kinks with anyone other than him, regardless whether he shares them or not. While I don’t have any active desire to meet sex partners, I feel pressured by him to accept that he wants to meet other women for open events and it feels very one-sided.

Given that I changed a lot of my appearance for him and argued countless times that his wish to “own” me exclusively is just the same for me in terms of him, it still appears to him as a matter of talking me into this. I get frustrated, depressed and often tell him to just go and that we’ll have to see whether my feelings will completely disappear for him over it. He only recently started to actually take the opportunity to do bondage with others, but it often felt like an inevitable threat to me. Even though there is no sex/penetration in his bondage, he searches for women he finds more attractive than me and who usually get aroused by his dominance (well that’s the point of bondage…).

But what should I do about this? If it wasn’t for his need to get intimate with other women, I can somehow still imagine marrying him. We sometime have several good days, when he makes me laugh and we enjoy everyday life, sex and kink together.

On the other hand, I wonder how my life will go on with the constant issue of his adventures and my perceived restricted freedom (whether it’s clothes, friends, we live where he wants, how we spend free time etc.). Sometimes I forget about this and I don’t mind, on other days I feel frustrated. I never wanted to be dominated in my everyday decision and life.

tl;dr: Should I try to ignore his adventures and control habits more? Or should I better run?

quote:

Thank you also for your reply. It does hurt and he knows it. In his defence he would say that he didn't point out the unattractiveness that often lately. (Though it was a major issue when I went through a cosmetic procedure where he hated the result)

quote:

Thank you for your reply. While I recognize that he looks a lot like emotional abuse (especially now with actually having it written down), I was looking for a little bit more than just the advise to run. I'll try to talk with him about what ultimately is more important to him, though I admit that it takes a lot of strength to do so.

quote:

I think you're right in that. It might be that I'm very hesitant because it's difficult for me to find a partner in the country I live as foreigner in. (Or even to find a new apartment.) I'm afraid I might be hanging in for also very selfish motives.

Whelp.

Baronjutter posted:

Greece.

Randler fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 16, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

LadyPictureShow posted:

What? That’s gotta be some weird tumblr poo poo. ‘Look at my fanart of Kirk and Spock... only they both have dog dicks!’

I just pick those three because Walking Dead and Supernstural have been in air long enough for some weird obsession to start very early.

In our hearts, we all know it’s Cumberbatch.

:allears: I have such sights to show you. Google "omegaverse". Actually, don't, it's gross.

Roleplay is a pretty good search term:

My [35m]Husband has been cheating on me[25F] habitually in furry chatrooms

quote:

u/bebrx

We have been together for four years, married 3. He works from home and has always been fairly secretive with his work pc. I have been understanding, as I think privacy is important, and want him to feel comfortable in our relationship.

Recently, when my pc crashed, I had to use his periodically. Not for anything important, just to have access to a pc. He set up an alt account, and has been very careful about signing out when he isn't on.

He had a slip up recently, and didn't sign out. I didn't even realize initially, just started to type into the top bar, and was surprised after the first few letters when a chat site popped up. To be honest, I didn't think people still used those. I clicked the link, and found myself in a furry wonderland. Links to chats, costumes, cam girls. Looking through his history, I saw lots of visits to sites that cater to furry interests. He had never broached this interest with me, aside from buying me animal hats for winter wear. After a little more snooping, I found a folder full of girls in furry costumes.

I confronted him about it that night, and he confessed to carrying on sexually with girls online, but that since it was all roleplay, that he hadn't actually been unfaithful. He said he does feel that it isn't right, and has tried to stop, but feels unfulfilled otherwise.

I have no interest in delving into furry culture. I don't really find the idea of mimicking pretend animals to be anything remotely nearing a turn on. Also, now I feel like I can't be comfortable in my animal hats which I love.

tl;dr husband having online furry affairs. Is this really cheating? I'm really confused by this.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

Literally nobody is defending heckling.

i will. heckling is good, and fun.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Azerban posted:

i will. heckling is good, and fun.

i still chuckle thinking about going to a paton "bloodguzzler" oswalt live show and hearing some drunk idiot yell out "hey whatever happened to the burger suit??"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

girl pants posted:

:allears: I have such sights to show you. Google "omegaverse". Actually, don't, it's gross.

Careful, catgirls are just the gateway into full on furry.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

My [24M] gay friend fell out with me [24M] because I said being gay was a disease

:thunk:

But being gay is a disease. I was totally straight until I let my hot gay friend(it's platonic, lol) bottom me, and now I can't stop being attracted to men. I caught gay from him!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My wife and I [mid 40a M/F] Bought our Married friends [mid 40 M/F] I practical Christmas gift. They got offended and no longer want to be our friends

quote:

We have been friends with this couple for 3+years. For Christmas each year, we try and get them something that they would find beneficial. This year, we struggled and decided to purchase them an Add on Bidet. Our family has been using bidets for many years. Our youngest has been using a bidet since he was two and potty training was so much easier with him, because of the it. Our friends have 3 children (2 under the age of 3) We have found the bidet to be very helpful in keeping everyone clean. Our thought process was that this would be helpful for not only them, but also their young children. After giving them the gift, we did not hear back from them for the longest time. Today, I went to the gym where I met the husband. He informed me that he and his wife felt that we were insinuating their relationship by implying that it was in the toilet. This was shocking to hear. We are not the kind of people to purchase a gag gift. nor are we the type that would go out of their way, to make such a crass statement. We actually really appreciate how well these two get along and cherish their friendship. I have apologized for the misunderstanding, but I feel the damage is done. To clear up some confusion. This is the product I gifted them

EDIT: The internet has spoken. I would like to thank you all for the feedback. The answer is clear. Im terrible at buying gifts. we are accepting full responsibility for this. and will be taking all your advice into consideration as we write a sincere apology for our misstep.

tl;dr Bought a bidet for our friends, They interpreted it wrong

B'idet Mate!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coolusername posted:

Are open relationships today's theme?

Me [28 M] with my Wife [28 F] of 10 years, tried open relationship per my request, it failed and now I am depressed. Any advice on how to cope?

"being turned on by women despite being married makes me a unique snowflake," said the man while pushing his marriage straight into an avalanche

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'd love a bidet as a gift, what the hell is wrong with those people

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"implying our relationship was in the toilet"

lol what the gently caress

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

My wife and I [mid 40a M/F] Bought our Married friends [mid 40 M/F] I practical Christmas gift. They got offended and no longer want to be our friends

B'idet Mate!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Drunk Nerds posted:

"being turned on by women despite being married makes me a unique snowflake," said the man while pushing his marriage straight into an avalanche

you don't understand, denying yourself of literally anything you wanted for even a moment is goddamn impossible. how are you supposed to live your authentic truth???????

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

you don't understand, denying yourself of literally anything you wanted for even a moment is goddamn impossible. how are you supposed to live your authentic truth???????

Speaking of this dumb bullshit idea, does anybody have a mirror to that article where the guy wrote about how he pushed his wife into an open relationship and then she left him for her yoga instructor? There was a lot about Burning Man in it and he ended up in a relationship with another woman where they described themselves as "partnered relationship anarchists". I'd like to read that again because I hate myself, if anybody has it.

My (F 26) husband (M 27) has naked pictures of my sister (F 25) on his phone.

quote:

submitted an hour ago * by Mymisterandmysister

So it's been about 24 hours since I found the pictures. I'm trying to do my best to articulate this, but I'm shaking so excuse if this isn't the most well constructed story.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not completely sure if he knows the pictures are on his phone.

Yesterday morning my husband came home for lunch since I had the day off. Things were completely normal, and he tells me to go into his phone and look at the most recent picture in his "saved pictures" section (something he saw here on Reddit). Well I absent-mindedly went to his "camera roll" folder instead. It was mostly of pictures of stuff for his customers, but towards the bottom of the page I noticed a naked woman in the room that unmistakably my old bedroom. I looked under the details of the picture and it was taken during a time when we left his phone at my parent's house this holiday season while we went shopping and my sister stayed home to care for her daughter who was sick.

I think it's possible he didn't know they were on his phone because he's sort of anti picture taking. He says he doesn't see the point since he never sits down and looks at pictures or anything. Or maybe if he did know, he thought they were taken by me. My sister and I look pretty much the same and only her mouth down are in the pictures.

My sister has always been really flirty with my husband, but he's always found her to be annoying. He gets along with her, but can't stand her especially 1 on 1.

I guess I'm just making excuses for him when I should be talking to him, but I don't know what I'm going to do if he did know about these pictures. My sister is the baby of the family and I know my family won't care. I guess I just need someone to tell me I'm not crazy. That it does seem possible he didn't know. I just feel like I've already got it in my head that he's innocent that I'll believe whatever he tells me.

TLDR-
found naked pictures of my sister on my husband's phone. I think he might not know. How do I handle it?

Edit: 12ish EST

I told my boss I had some personal stuff to take care of, and my husband is coming home to talk about it soon. I will update in the next hour or so.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh wow, well you set a survey stake and discovered an infinite rabbit hole. Supernatural
Fans are the most notoriously hosed up fan base for any "normal" show

Yes, dog dick incest fanfics included, sadly

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

girl pants posted:

This poor girl really needs therapy after she divorces her idiot husband. She rationalizes her husband and her sister together in the most unhealthy ways. "She's the baby of the family and no one will care." "My husband finds her annoying and can't stand her." There's just so much resentment and denial. It's kind of sad and I hope she gets over her issues and becomes a stronger person without her husband and dumbass family. :gbsmith:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

La Brea Carpet posted:

B'idet Mate!

Dammit! I saw this and knew it had to be posted here.

I want a bidet but to gift it to someone...

It's the gift that says "we think you don't know how to wipe".

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I got a bidet attachment for my toilet and it's fuckin great. My parents tried it and I bought them two for Xmas it was the easiest gift I've ever had to get for them.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

girl pants posted:

I guess it's possible he really didn't know about them. As unlikely as that sounds it seems more likely than knowing they were there and then FORGETTING and handing his wife his phone and saying, "check out the pictures"

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Me [41 M] with my wife[39 F] married 16 years. I thought we were trying to have kids but she has been sabotaging our chances.

quote:

u/Substitutablesocks
Hello,

My wife (39f) and I (41m) had a miscarriage last year (early Fall 2016), it was a pretty awful time for both of us. We've tried to move forward as best we can, or at least I thought we had.

Fast forward to spring 2017 - 6 months after the miscarriage we sat down and had a chat and decided to try again. We tried hard for maybe 3 months with no luck, and then things just kind of dropped off. She stopped being interested in "trying", sex dropped off to maybe twice a week if I was lucky. I'd ask as gently as I could "are you still interested in kids" and the response was always "Yes, I really am". Even in counselling we talked about it and she was always affirmative that this was something she wanted and she would run me through the ringer for "doubting her".

This wasn't clicking with what we were actually doing though, I asked her both in counselling and out to go see our Doctor in case we were missing something, in case there was something easy we could do, and she'd promise to do so and never follow through. Sex became rarer and rarer.

Finally this weekend I got at least some of the truth. I found an empty birth control packet in the trash and asked about it. She told me that she had changed her mind about kids, and had actually been using an ovulation calendar to make sure we weren't having sex on "risky" days. She never really answered the question about the birth control. It could be that it was simply an old one that she had cleaned out of a drawer (she had cleaned out some of her stuff in the bathroom earlier in the week)

So today I'm sitting here just broken hearted, confused, and just generally hosed up. We had talked about kids from day one of our marriage 16 years ago but the timing had always been awful and finally we had some stability and success in our lives.

For the record I want to clarify a few things: #1 is I know full well that I am not entitled to a child and she in no way shape or form is obligated to provide me with one. #2 I completely feel that she also has every right to change her mind on this issue.

That being said, the past few months have been crushing for me. I've banged my head against the wall night after night wondering what was wrong with me and why she was rejecting me if she really wanted kids. I've struggled tremendously trying to reconcile what she said with her actions, with self-loathing when she'd be upset with me for doubting her.

Having the door closed on me for children has been devastating, and right now I'm wondering if I'm letting that cloud my thought process too much; but I really truly feel that for her to string me along these 6 or 7 months was an awful thing to do. All I've felt this past day or two is emptiness, she was the love of my life and I never would've guessed I would wind up writing anything like this. I really just don't know what to do, am I judging her too harshly? Am I making mountains out of molehills? I thought we were on the same team.

tl;dr: After almost a year of trying hard to have children after a miscarriage my wife informed me that about 6 or 7 months ago she had changed her mind about wanting kids (which is her right), but instead of telling me, she has been trying to avoid getting pregnant (maybe even taking birth control) and shaming me for doubting her if I asked if she was still interested. I'm heartbroken and confused and need perspective. I feel like she has been needlessly hurtful and extraordinarily dishonest, but am wondering if my grief and shock at this turn of events is making me overly critical towards her - am I being unreasonable.

Well that was depressing.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

I guess it's possible he really didn't know about them. As unlikely as that sounds it seems more likely than knowing they were there and then FORGETTING and handing his wife his phone and saying, "check out the pictures"

there's just enough weirdness here to make me wonder if maybe the pictures were genuinely planted there by the sister.

Milotic posted:

Me [41 M] with my wife[39 F] married 16 years. I thought we were trying to have kids but she has been sabotaging our chances.

Well that was depressing.

:smith:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Yeah, that's the thing making him seem probably not guilty, but lol at the wife trying to rationalize it with "Oh, he doesn't like taking family photos, so why would he ever have a naked picture :downs:?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
As he acknowledges, it’s not so much the deception - more that she told others the truth. Still, congrats to her for imploding a good thing with just one sentence:

Me [34 M] with my fiancé [33F] together 2 years, admitted she preferred sex with ex

quote:

u/Throwaway9101984
Sorry for the long post, this is the first time asking a question, although I have been reading many posts here trying to come to terms with something that happened to me recently.

I asked my fiance to marry me 3 weeks ago and she said yes. I was overjoyed! Her parents love me and I them. She comes from a great family. My parents love her as well, so everyone’s happy, right? Well, not so much.

We all celebrated a few nights later (her parents and siblings/ friends, my parents and my sister and her family) at a semi local hotel with a nice restaurant. We got a room for us as this was about 1.5 hours away from home and we were planning on drinking. During the celebrating I had a little too much to drink and I felt a bit sick and excused myself, as I was not about to become sick in front of my future inlaws. I had told them to tell my fiance I had to go and would be in the hotel room, since she had gone to the bathroom. Unfortunatley, this message was never given.

I went to the room and fell asleep. A ittle later I was woken up by my fiance and her friends coming back to our hotel room. They were laughing and sounding drunk and silly, basically just having a good time. During the converstion I overheard them start talking about men and sex. One of her friends asked how I compared to an ex of hers (they broke up a little over a year before she and I met), specifically a friend of hers that she still works with. With quite a lot of conviction she said that her ex was better than me in bed because he had a much larger penis (I am average) but that that she thought I was good in bed and wouldnt change anything except for maybe that one thing. They all laughed at this which in turn made me feel humiliated. Well, I had to urinate at this point and got up to use the bathroom. This is where they realized I was there. I said hello as I passed them and you could hear a pin drop.

Before I continue, I want to say that my fiance is a terrific woman, she is smart, supportive, intelligent, and the sexiest most satisfying lover I have ever been with. I dont care how many men she has been with, I dont ask those types of things. I am normally not jealous. Unless one of her exs is still trying to romantically be in her life, I dont get concerned. But this hit me hard. I have always prided myself on being good at sex. The greater amount of pleasure she gets from our lovemaking the better I feel. I always keep communication open with her and I have always told her that nothing, except adding someone else to our bedroom, is taboo. Whatever she wants I’m there to make her happy and satisfied. I believe sex is a big part of a relationship.

Needless to say, when I got out of the bathroom they were gone. I went to bed and didn’t wake up until morning. The next morning she brought up what she said and apologized for it. I just asked her if it was true, if he really was better than me. She went quiet and then said yes, that it was true. Then she quickly stated that it doesn't mean anything to her, that I am a wonderful lover and that she would never stay in a relationship much less marry someone that did not satisfy her in bed. She began crying and started to tell me how the emotion she feels for me during our lovemaking is stronger than anything she has ever felt. I saw this was upsetting her so I told her that i just felt humiliated and that it’s not so much that he’s bigger but that she’s told me I was her best and that she enjoyed me so much more than her exes. I also told her that her speaking that way about me to her friends made me think a bit less of her, as whatever kind of sex we’re having (or my personal body parts) it’s our own personal business and not her friends. She apologized through sobbing tears again and asked if I’m hurt enough to end things. At that point I didn’t know how to answer non emotionally, so i kept composure and told her I’m wasn’t sure. She stopped sobbing, looked at me and said, “I love you to death and I want only you. I know I messed up and if you can’t get passed this then I understand if you end things. But I’m praying you won’t. I love sex with you most of all because of how much I love you and how much you mean to me” (why wasn’t this what she said to her friends?) Then she stood up and went into the bedroom to pack (we were leaving that day).

Now, I know the chances of me being the best lover she's ever had were maybe fifty percent at best just for the reason she is so incredibly beautiful. So, I get that the idea that I was better than all of them was probably her stroking my ego because she loves me.
I have read similar stories where the man is just told to "get over it" or " emotion is better than physical" but how can you not feel hurt and a bit emasculated when you were told one thing to your face and then find out the truth? Also, I dont believe emotion is better than physical. Even if I did believe it I sure don’t now. I have read how women state that an ex of theirs was the the best sex they have ever had but that they were terrible boyfriends and the idea of marrying them was ridiculous. So the question remains, If somone has strong negative opinions about their ex, why is the sex still remembered as being so good? Because physical is obviously better than emotional.
I don’t feel I have any reason to feel threatened by this guy. I’ve met him a few times (and his now wife) and he’s a very polite, nice guy. No arrogance at all. Its just some of these people will be in our wedding and to think they know how I have been outdone in my fiancé’s eyes makes me feel embarrassed and emasculated. I was just hoping that when I’m not with her and it’s just her and her girlfriends, it would be me that she was bragging about. Not basically acting like the sex is nice and she’s settling. She never once said anything to her friends about emotions. Just his big dick. I know there will be some people here that will tell me to get over it, she’s told you you’re the one. But then why say one thing to me and then say another to her friends? I’m not thinking she’ll ever cheat, but I don’t like that something personal about me was shared without my consent. And what I also don’t like is her crying when she’s telling me how much emotion she feels for me during sex, or that her emotions are so strong for me. It now feels like BS, to tell me that to pacify me. I don’t need pacification, I knew going into this relationship that I wasn’t her first or that I may not be her biggest. Personally, before all of this I didn’t even care about previous boyfriends. They’re the past and I always thought I’m her future. I still can be, but I can’t seem to find a way passed the deceit or crudeness on her part. It’s been a bit and we’ve had sex, but I can’t get into it like I was. She’s being patient and hasn’t asked again if I want to leave. To her credit, she’s been making sure I’m extra pleased and tells me how much she’s in love with me. One part of me says stay, that it was a stupid thing to say on her part and she was probably just semi bragging about a guy she had, and another part says she lied and falsely stroked your ego to keep you as well as told her friends about your private parts. That’s not ok. I get that I could discuss boundaries with her, but she’s not a child and was raised right. She should have known how condescending and crude she was about me to her friends. That shouldn’t have to be a boundary discussed. I haven’t brought it up again because truly, what more is there to say? If we stay together I’m fairly sure that together we can work with each other to become each others best. At least that’s what my uncle tells me. But I’m having issue still with her words to her friends. If I found out alone then maybe ok, but to discuss this out loud with friends like they were talking about shoes really can’t leave my head. And to attempt to convince me that emotion is better than physical is again, ridiculous. I just don’t want to marry and then come to regret it.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading

tl;dr: Fiancé talked about my size compared to her ex with friends. I’m extremely hurt by deception

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha get over it dude. It's almost a guarantee whoever you're with male or female they've probably had better sex before.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

girl pants posted:

I'm trying to think of a sadder way to cheat on one's partner than "sex roleplay with furry camgirls," and I'm not sure I can think of one. Even sex roleplay with non-camgirl furries might mean they actually like you.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Haha get over it dude. It's almost a guarantee whoever you're with male or female they've probably had better sex before.

This is why a lot of dudes get obsessed with virgins.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Yeah there is a Grand Canyon of difference between “yeah I love everything about you and want to marry you and be with you for the rest of my life and after a lot of drunken peer pressure from friends sure your dick isn’t quite as big as my ex’s” and “break up”.

Yeah it’s hard to hear and unflattering and is a nut punch right at the center of man’s main insecurity but it’s also only as big of a deal as this dudes ego wants to make it. Flip the genders, have the guy admit that sure his ex’s boobs were bigger than his fiancée’s and it’d be the exact same situation.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
her fuckup, like a huge amount of fuckups across the board, happened because she was trying to maintain multiple narratives. maybe she was trying to better fit the vibe of her friend group by joking about sex with him and doesn't really feel that way, or maybe she does! doesn't matter tho. what matters is that you commit to one personal narrative and consistently perform it. you can't be flailing all about with your potential thoughts and opinions on things, it's goddamn irresponsible

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Milotic posted:

It's over. Do marriage counselors ever tell the patients that they need to divorce? It doesn't get anymore irreconcilable than one person wanting kids and the other not, best case scenario one of them spends the rest of their relationship sad and bitter.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Three Olives posted:

It's over. Do marriage counselors ever tell the patients that they need to divorce? It doesn't get anymore irreconcilable than one person wanting kids and the other not, best case scenario one of them spends the rest of their relationship sad and bitter.

The good ones will. Unethical ones will keep stringing doomed couples along for bonus $$$

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Baronjutter posted:

This is why a lot of dudes get obsessed with virgins.

Even a virgins masturbatory fantasies is probably much better than most partners can acheive

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Speaking as someone who's been in a similar situation in a past relationship:

Assuming that you enjoy sex with your significant other, don't EVER go into detailed comparisons with past sexual partners. You can say stuff like "I really like it when you do this...", don't say "Eddie used to do this, can you do it too?".

And in general, don't talk about that poo poo with your friends. Nobody REALLY cares how your partners compare, just say "the sex is awesome, no comparison".

The only exception is if your partner really is awful at sex, then you need to let them know that poo poo so you can either fix it or get out before it ruins your relationship.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Yeah there is a Grand Canyon of difference between “yeah I love everything about you and want to marry you and be with you for the rest of my life and after a lot of drunken peer pressure from friends sure your dick isn’t quite as big as my ex’s” and “break up”.

Yeah it’s hard to hear and unflattering and is a nut punch right at the center of man’s main insecurity but it’s also only as big of a deal as this dudes ego wants to make it. Flip the genders, have the guy admit that sure his ex’s boobs were bigger than his fiancée’s and it’d be the exact same situation.

mostly agree with you but I gotta say boobs::dick is a bad comparison imo. breasts are aesthetic, and the implication of the ex having a bigger dick is that he was better in bed because of it, not that she was more turned on by the sight of his enormous hog

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

To be fair, it's not just a drunken thing she got pressured into lying about by her friends, she outright admitted it. Telling someone that they should get over it is easy, but it's not at all as easy to actually get over it. The guy is being pretty reasonable, here, I think; while he acknowledges that he sorta knew deep down that she was just stroking his ego, actually hearing that sort of thing said to your face and being humiliated by someone you care about loving hurts.

He can either get over it and live with it, or he can't. Right now, it's looking like he can't, and he should break up because of that.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yup, and insecure weirdos like this dude should get it over because his fiancée is with him because he's a cool guy who she loves. Not because he has the biggest dick she's seen, which is strongly superficial compared to the many other qualities important to a marriage partner.

Still, it is kind of mean to talk about their private sex life with friends, but he should get it over and move the heck on!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

A lot of people just have crippling insecurities and assume if they aren't their partners 100% and the best they've ever had in every way then obviously they aren't good enough and their partner will cheat on them. It's pretty much the same problem as people flipping out if their partner is bi. I've even seen people do the same thing for race, assuming it's some sort of fetish. "Oh you dated a black guy before?!?!" and getting all insecure about penis size and how she'll obviously always be pining for a black man because he as a white man can't satisfy her needs for that. Often it isn't even an actual worry about cheating, it's just that they can't handle the idea that they aren't their partner's alpha and omega.