Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Paladinus posted:

Heroes of Might and Magic III (or its 50 clones)?

Nah, it had like a .... modern? aesthetic like World War 1/2 sort of weaponary but also sword wielding enemies and bomb throwers. This has been bugging me for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

What are the non-kairosoft business sims of choice? Giant Bomb played Lemonade Stand on a video a few days ago which gave me an itch for that type of game.

Does Fiz count? I remember having fun back in the day.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitbybitstudios.fiz&hl=en

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Speaking of HoMaMIII, are any of its clones actually better than the actual app? I was tremendously disappointed to find that the official game comes without any of the DLCs, and crashes if you switch out to any other app.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Remember Hero Academy? There's a sequel out now.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally ants is not what I expected but still good.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I accidentally clicked on an ad in baikoh and it forced me into playing ffxv for like a minute or two before the ad finished. Not just watching it, it wanted me to place defense towers and poo poo. Who the gently caress came up with ads like that? I uninstalled it immediately.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tagichatn posted:

I accidentally clicked on an ad in baikoh and it forced me into playing ffxv for like a minute or two before the ad finished. Not just watching it, it wanted me to place defense towers and poo poo. Who the gently caress came up with ads like that? I uninstalled it immediately.

Most of those kick you to the splash screen to download the full game after 30 seconds or so

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tagichatn posted:

those ads are all over the place now. they're poo poo and it's why i never click on "oh play this ad for a free thing" anymore

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

You can just treat it like a regular ad. If you don't do anything, you can exit out of it in 30 seconds or whatever.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah it's stupid but the wall clock time isn't longer than other ads.

In some rare cases you can press the back button to get out of it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Tunga posted:

A few that are a little different:
Blendoku / Blendoku 2 (colour pattern game, kind of zen, bad in sunlight though)
Euclidea / Pythagorea (geometry puzzle games)
Flappy Golf 2 (not exactly a puzzle game but puzzley in nature)

I've played those first ones and they didn't hold my attention long. Flappy Golf seems like a winner for now though!

I also found Jump Drive which is kind of like that Color Switch game that was big a couple of years ago, but it's a bit easier and has more actual progression.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Finally ants is not what I expected but still good.

Thanks I was craving for ants games after installing Empires of the Undergrowth on steam.

This one looks neat. It reminds me of the board game myrmes

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
World of Warships Blitz is out worldwide now.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
What's the best version of Same Game for Android? My wife's been playing some clone for iPhone forever and it's got me hankerin'.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any new games like Shop Heroes out there? I played this game religiously with goons a while back and loved it, got the hankering to play it again so I reinstalled it but it's been so long I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing anymore.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.

Montalvo posted:

Speaking of HoMaMIII, are any of its clones actually better than the actual app? I was tremendously disappointed to find that the official game comes without any of the DLCs, and crashes if you switch out to any other app.

Also interested in a HOMM3 alike that is not as crushingly disappointing as the official port.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What's the take on Egglia: Legend of the Redcap? I remember spotting it when it was new and sticking it on my wishlist but kinda forgot about it since then. The price is kinda steep by mobile standards but everything points to it being a game I'd like.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am bad at You Must Build a Boat. Should I just be clearing lines the entire time the level is going by or do I wait until I see whether it's a monster or chest or whatever?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am bad at You Must Build a Boat. Should I just be clearing lines the entire time the level is going by or do I wait until I see whether it's a monster or chest or whatever?

From my experience, try clearing away stuff like crates, muscles, brains - those don't apply to any particular challenge. Sometimes it'll clear away other useful stuff in the process, but whatever. Worst case, you end up with some currency to recruit monsters.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You always want to keep your dude running so focus on what ever is stopping him from doing that. I always used my 'downtime' (ie: not actively fighting a monster/opening a chest) to clear out junk tiles, like boxes, muscles, brains, and (to a lesser extent) shields. Matching those means you will have more swords and wands for when you need it.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Are there any games like Solitairica? I love playing it on Steam and would get it on Android except progress doesn't cross over between platforms on top of me having to buy the game and DLC a second time. I'm looking for a card game with those rogue like aspects to it that can preferably be played on a train commute to work or on a 15 minute break. I'm fine with paying for it, no need to have it be F2P or whatever. The fewer microtransactions the better.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

Are there any games like Solitairica? I love playing it on Steam and would get it on Android except progress doesn't cross over between platforms on top of me having to buy the game and DLC a second time. I'm looking for a card game with those rogue like aspects to it that can preferably be played on a train commute to work or on a 15 minute break. I'm fine with paying for it, no need to have it be F2P or whatever. The fewer microtransactions the better.

Card Crawl is good

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

HonorableTB posted:

Miracle Merchant is another solitaire game with magic spells and stuff. It didn't have any kind of bigger progression system when I played it at launch though. It also had a single purchase for no-ads and maybe an extra feature or two.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Morpheus posted:

From my experience, try clearing away stuff like crates, muscles, brains - those don't apply to any particular challenge. Sometimes it'll clear away other useful stuff in the process, but whatever. Worst case, you end up with some currency to recruit monsters.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You always want to keep your dude running so focus on what ever is stopping him from doing that. I always used my 'downtime' (ie: not actively fighting a monster/opening a chest) to clear out junk tiles, like boxes, muscles, brains, and (to a lesser extent) shields. Matching those means you will have more swords and wands for when you need it.

Thanks guys. I tried what you said and have been slowly getting better. I am just bad at match 3 games overall I guess but this is a fun enough distraction. Well worth three bucks or whatever.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Thanks guys. I tried what you said and have been slowly getting better. I am just bad at match 3 games overall I guess but this is a fun enough distraction. Well worth three bucks or whatever.

The first time I played YMBAB I just focused on clearing things as fast as possible. When there was a monster up I'd prioritize damage but beyond that just keep the junk flowing. Don't be afraid to "waste" a key match on a monster just to refresh your board. Eventually, you just slowly accrue upgrades so that clearing fast leads you to beating all the levels.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any good chromecast games? I've played Card Cast, which is basically Cards Against Humanity, as well as Scrabble Blitz, but I'd love to find more games like that.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

explosivo posted:

Any new games like Shop Heroes out there? I played this game religiously with goons a while back and loved it, got the hankering to play it again so I reinstalled it but it's been so long I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing anymore.

I'm seconding this request just because I enjoy games like this for some god awful reason

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any good turn based games I can play in the shop between customers coming in? Like sometimes I'll have 2 hours and sometimes it'll be 20 minutes.

I like roguelikees, civ, ftl huge fan of battle brothers and fire emblem. I also like monster Hunter would rather it be a game I buy once then a game I keep pumping money into.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The big new Harry Potter mobile game Hogwarts Mystery has been soft launched in select regions.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Any good turn based games I can play in the shop between customers coming in? Like sometimes I'll have 2 hours and sometimes it'll be 20 minutes.

I like roguelikees, civ, ftl huge fan of battle brothers and fire emblem. I also like monster Hunter would rather it be a game I buy once then a game I keep pumping money into.

I'm just going to list everything I can think of that's turn-based and at least decent, you take your pick of what you like.

Above and beyond all other suggestions, if your phone can take it: XCOM. It has its flaws but it's a great implementation. Don't try to play ironman, it will (rarely) crash and corrupt your save.

Antiyoy - hex-based strategy, rather simple
Border Siege - basically Risk with a boatload of maps
Carcassonne - board game adaptation
Card Thief - kinda like a roguelike
CLARC - not turn-based, but good puzzler
Crowntakers - rogue-like with (kinda shallow) tactical combat encounters
Hoplite - puzzle-oriented roguelike, highly recommended
Hive with AI - board game adaptation; the AI is solid
Lara Croft GO and the other GO games - puzzlers
Linedoku - various "newspaper-type" puzzles
Mekorama - puzzle game; "reach the exit" thing; technically not turn-based, but it doesn't require reflexes or difficult timing. Highly recommended though it is a tad slow
Maestria - gorgeous puzzle; looks a lot like monument valley, but very different gameplay; much less fun if you can't play with sound, otherwise highly recommended
MicRogue - rogue-like
Onirim - solo board game adaptation
Paperback - board game adaptation; highly recommended
Patchwork - board game adaptation with solid AI, and good async multiplayer. Highly recommended
Knights of Pen and Paper - weird RPG-like? Used to be really popular around these parts, I thought it was alright
Planet Stronghold - JRPG mechanics; kinda requires a sizeable screen
The Quell series of games - "collect everything" puzzles. Really pretty; highly recommended
Reigns/Reigns: Her Majesty - kinda weird simple puzzle/rogulike? hard to describe but really good.
Various forks of Pixel Dungeon (duh)
Siralim - basically pokemon except combat is really crazy
Solitairica - someone made Solitaire into a roguelike and it's really really good. 10 "classes" to play with that actually feel quite different.
Space Trader - remake of a 25+ year old game where you fly from planet to planet and trade stuff. You encounter other ships and sometimes there's events.
Splendor - board game adaptation
Sproggiwood - light rogue-like, really cute
Steam: Rails to Riches - board game adaptation
Suburbia - board game adaptation
Super Hexagon - the most turn-based game out there :v:
Tetrobot - really pretty puzzle game that can get rather hard - highly recommended
Trainyard - infuriating puzzle game - highly recommended.
Typeshift - Word-based puzzler; unfortunately the free puzzles are rather limiter, and packs are expensive.
Underhand - kinda like Reigns, except you're a cult trying to summon the Old Gods. Highly recommended

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

This would be good on the OP

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mrkillboy posted:

The big new Harry Potter mobile game Hogwarts Mystery has been soft launched in select regions.

What is it? All the pictures just look like marketing fluff without any actual gameplay.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Morpheus posted:

What is it? All the pictures just look like marketing fluff without any actual gameplay.

Here's a video with actual gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kk-I3SnEA4

It looks like a cross between a Telltale-like adventure game and more restricted take on Bully.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 22, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Look inside the spoiler if you want to ruin ymbab

Just move your finger randomly as fast as possible

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dancer posted:

I'm just going to list everything I can think of that's turn-based and at least decent, you take your pick of what you like.

Above and beyond all other suggestions, if your phone can take it: XCOM. It has its flaws but it's a great implementation. Don't try to play ironman, it will (rarely) crash and corrupt your save.

Antiyoy - hex-based strategy, rather simple
Border Siege - basically Risk with a boatload of maps
Carcassonne - board game adaptation
Card Thief - kinda like a roguelike
CLARC - not turn-based, but good puzzler
Crowntakers - rogue-like with (kinda shallow) tactical combat encounters
Hoplite - puzzle-oriented roguelike, highly recommended
Hive with AI - board game adaptation; the AI is solid
Lara Croft GO and the other GO games - puzzlers
Linedoku - various "newspaper-type" puzzles
Mekorama - puzzle game; "reach the exit" thing; technically not turn-based, but it doesn't require reflexes or difficult timing. Highly recommended though it is a tad slow
Maestria - gorgeous puzzle; looks a lot like monument valley, but very different gameplay; much less fun if you can't play with sound, otherwise highly recommended
MicRogue - rogue-like
Onirim - solo board game adaptation
Paperback - board game adaptation; highly recommended
Patchwork - board game adaptation with solid AI, and good async multiplayer. Highly recommended
Knights of Pen and Paper - weird RPG-like? Used to be really popular around these parts, I thought it was alright
Planet Stronghold - JRPG mechanics; kinda requires a sizeable screen
The Quell series of games - "collect everything" puzzles. Really pretty; highly recommended
Reigns/Reigns: Her Majesty - kinda weird simple puzzle/rogulike? hard to describe but really good.
Various forks of Pixel Dungeon (duh)
Siralim - basically pokemon except combat is really crazy
Solitairica - someone made Solitaire into a roguelike and it's really really good. 10 "classes" to play with that actually feel quite different.
Space Trader - remake of a 25+ year old game where you fly from planet to planet and trade stuff. You encounter other ships and sometimes there's events.
Splendor - board game adaptation
Sproggiwood - light rogue-like, really cute
Steam: Rails to Riches - board game adaptation
Suburbia - board game adaptation
Super Hexagon - the most turn-based game out there :v:
Tetrobot - really pretty puzzle game that can get rather hard - highly recommended
Trainyard - infuriating puzzle game - highly recommended.
Typeshift - Word-based puzzler; unfortunately the free puzzles are rather limiter, and packs are expensive.
Underhand - kinda like Reigns, except you're a cult trying to summon the Old Gods. Highly recommended

King of Dragon pass

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

sebmojo posted:

King of Dragon pass

So much text. I've tried. Maybe I've just never given it enough time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sebmojo posted:

Look inside the spoiler if you want to ruin ymbab

Just move your finger randomly as fast as possible

Thanks for telling everyone my Meteos strategy jerk

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MapleStory M is having a Beta Test through 1/30. They'll do a wipe before they launch.

The following 5 classes are available: Dark Knight, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Bishop, and Corsair.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Autoplay Maplestorie :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Here's a video with actual gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kk-I3SnEA4

It looks like a cross between a Telltale-like adventure game and more restricted take on Bully.

Oh Jesus its just Harry potter themed stardom. The description made it sound like academagia