Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Citrus - Named as such because every episode is like trying to eat a grapefruit with a spoon and some juice squirts out and lands directly on your eyeball, only the juice is rapey yuri, but sometimes you just have an urge to eat grapefruit, you know?

(Actually yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit. Wikipedia says "The yuzu's flavour is tart, closely resembling that of the grapefruit, with overtones of mandarin orange.")

It's a good mix of cute and drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

I think it's more that it's boring, rather than that it's stupid. The first episode was okay, buoyed more by a lack of especially egregious moments more than anything but the second episode didn't do anything for me so I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna bother with a third. I do like the bit of world building it did, showing how the fashion industry had changed thanks to technology and so on and I like that it wasn't afraid to have an episode with no conflict (but I might be thinking it's more of an action show than it intends) but the main character was a wet noodle the whole episode and there wasn't anything interesting enough to keep me watching.

having pretty androids naturally cause flash mobs by walking down the street due to peculiar psychology is okay. having everyone (except the wiener mc) see androids as utterly mundane appliances is also okay. having both in one show is not okay! the setting is a mess.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Expect My Mom posted:

important question, which kind of thirsty

Both simultaneously, for that dangerous double thirst

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - This show is evil, pure unadulterated evil. I am so triggered by Nishikata's plight in the face of such overwhelming advanced teasing, I can't help but root for the poor kid.

I am kind of sucker for just how adorable this story can get.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Marchen Madchen is essentially a yuri version of one of those trashy magic school harem fanservice shows from a decade ago that were created to cash in on Zero no Tsukaima's popularity. Back right before everything switched away from 4:3 aspect ratio and when Rie Kugimiya was everywhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know, it's good

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

I did make a fansub of the first ep, though I'm not too sure of my translation accuracy in a few places.

Should I warm up the avx units and the branch predictor?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

having pretty androids naturally cause flash mobs by walking down the street due to peculiar psychology is okay. having everyone (except the wiener mc) see androids as utterly mundane appliances is also okay. having both in one show is not okay! the setting is a mess.

I'm not sure how you pulled that from my post, but okay. I was mostly just saying the main character was boring, not that his views on androids had anything to do with why he was boring.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they're expensive and limited models that not everyone has, they make it pretty clear

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Pairing down my list for this season to just Pop Team Epic, Citrus probably Darling in the FranXX, might pick up Laidback Camp and Mitsuboshi Colors tho. Weirdly A Place Further Than The Universe sounds too lowkey highkey for me if that makes sens
universe is kiiinda lokwey imo? It's mostly characters being weird teenagers at each other punctuated by bursts of comedy. Like, there's a big jokey scene of the girls freaking out at Yuzuki's mom followed by them having a lowkey conversation with Yuzuki about how they're all kind of weirdos, and then that's followed by Shirase just talking with Miyake about self-loathing, and then that's followed by scene of them freaking out about penguins. It strikes a good tonal balance imo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VostokProgram posted:

Should I warm up the avx units and the branch predictor?

Filtering and encoding the Crunchy rip kinda is contingent on there being a Crunchy rip, fam.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

AnacondaHL posted:

Both simultaneously, for that dangerous double thirst
hell yeah

Darth Walrus posted:

Place Further than the Universe is funny as hell. Watch it if you like fun.
i believe it's very good, but someone said that it does have sincere emotional moments and I am too wiped out 24/7 rn to process that, I just want the girls to have a fun and safe trip. I'll probably get it to before the year is up tho

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Filtering and encoding the Crunchy rip kinda is contingent on there being a Crunchy rip, fam.

fades back into cyberspace

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
watched ep 1 of citrus

meh

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i watched an ep of franxx, its good and i'll continue after allarion frees me from his prison

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
does anyone get murdered or brutally bullied later on i might watch it if thaat happens

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

does anyone get murdered or brutally bullied later on i might watch it if thaat happens

i mean there isnt enough of it to know yet, its got two episodes

e: an unnamed character does die of possible vampirism tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

If you mean Citrus then no

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
literally read the post above yours bro

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lame!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I guess there's maybe some bullying but it it works out okay in the end because deep down everyone is a good person

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

literally read the post above yours bro

sorry i assumed you were directing your question at me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good actually

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I always saw people panning citrus for being melodromatic what the heck.

Unironically they should adapt Maya's Funeral Procession in the year 2018 but change the ending.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

The first part of the sci-fi Godzilla anime is out on Netflix. Unfortunately the CGI and non-Godzilla monsters are pretty ugly. The only redeeming part is when the real Godzilla shows up at the very end.

An interesting concept this time around but c'mon Toho let's snap it up a little bit.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

I always saw people panning citrus for being melodromatic what the heck.

Unironically they should adapt Maya's Funeral Procession in the year 2018 but change the ending.

citrus is melodramatic, it's just the drama comes from people acting like jerks until they stop acting like jerks

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I wanted her to fight the disciplinary committee chick with the perm and get kicked out of school, but alas

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This is just like the time I read NTR and it was incredibly milquetoast

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

ah, made in abyss

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

I know, it's good

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

sorry i assumed you were directing your question at me

I watched it already and I'm glad this guys getting robot mind rear end pegged by a hot demon chick who might murder him

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

I watched it already and I'm glad this guys getting robot mind rear end pegged by a hot demon chick who might murder him

i 100% agree

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I was just surprised that someone got murdered by vampires in Citrus. Didn't seem like that kind of show!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

i 100% agree

Speaking of sodomy did you watch Salo yet

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

Speaking of sodomy did you watch Salo yet

no, it'll probably be next weekend assuming i can find it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
its on cinemaz

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

invite only private trackers, epic

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
oh it was open last time i looked. well, send me your dropbox or ftp server or w/e

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

"After the Rain looks interesting, I'll give it a chan-"

Welp, never mind.

• Locked thread