Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

Literally every time that metric came up the Eagles would convert 3rd and long.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/955278308077424640

Bwahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaws posted:

Yeah, Fat Mike is an awful coach and with Rodgers you dopey fat retard Packer fans should've hard multiple rings by now.

What's your point?

They don't call Minneapolis "Titletown".

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

They don't call Minneapolis "Titletown".

Agreed.

They don't call Green Bay anything because it's a nothing city.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol piss more

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Hey man, the Lions are quite literally the most embarrassing team in sports history.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Yaws posted:

Agreed.

They don't call Green Bay anything because it's a nothing city.

Actually, Titletown is its nickname. You're probably new here, so we'll let this one go.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yaws posted:

Hey man, the Lions are quite literally the most embarrassing team in sports history.

Exactly! Schadenfreude is the only joy I feel.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Also lol at thinking Minneapolis is a city of any importance. Maybe compared to Billings or something.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some of you need to take a deep breath

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Yaws posted:

Yeah, Fat Mike is an awful coach and with Rodgers you dopey fat retard Packer fans should've hard multiple rings by now.

What's your point?

I know you're hurting right now, so I just wanted to say: you are loved, and we'll forgive you for these outbursts one day

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Actually, Titletown is its nickname. You're probably new here, so we'll let this one go.

No one has called Green Bay anything in the history of it's existence. Because it's an irrelevant town full of irrelevant people.

Suck it up butter cup.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Also lol at thinking Minneapolis is a city of any importance. Maybe compared to Billings or something.

They get a Super Bowl this year!

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

I know you're hurting right now, so I just wanted to say: you are loved, and we'll forgive you for these outbursts one day

Yeah, I am.

Skol Vikes :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

How did that happen, they don't even have the most titles in the one league they have a team in

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Yaws posted:

the Cleveland Browns (still!) exist

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Are you loving kidding me? At least people have heard of Minneapolis. loving Green Bay is a loving one horse hick town.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Intruder posted:

How did that happen, they don't even have the most titles in the one league they have a team in

Green Bay got that nickname back in the 60s after they'd won two Super Bowls and also had 11 NFL Championships under their belt

It stuck

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Didn't the Lions also have a bunch of NFL Championships, no one calls them Titletown

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I always root for hometown Super Bowls, so I'm sad for the Vikings, plus they celebrated their lone TD with curling, and that rules.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Once Prince died, Minneapolis became irrelevant.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

186 posted:

Once Prince died, Minneapolis became irrelevant.

As opposed to Green Bay which will always be irrelevant.

I am a pissy Vikings fans.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Guys the entire rust belt is garbage. Stop trying to shame each other. We are all terrible.

Detroit is the worst though

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Malaria posted:

Guys the entire rust belt is garbage. Stop trying to shame each other. We are all terrible.

Detroit is the worst though

Cleveland is technically in the Rust Belt, so I'm afraid they've stolen the crown once again

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaws posted:

Are you loving kidding me? At least people have heard of Minneapolis. loving Green Bay is a loving one horse hick town.

Oh yea because America is screaming for your St. Paul apologists

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I have supported the Minnesota Vikings for my entire adult life and they are an embarrassment.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Soothing Vapors posted:

Cleveland is technically in the Rust Belt, so I'm afraid they've stolen the crown once again

Cleveland has LeBron and the UFC heavyweight champ. They are doing ok.

Really Indiana is the worst part of the area. The whole state. Just awful.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Intruder posted:

Didn't the Lions also have a bunch of NFL Championships, no one calls them Titletown

Because they have 4, not 11

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Yaws posted:

As opposed to Green Bay which will always be irrelevant.

poo poo, tell me something I don't know.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Oh yea because America is screaming for your St. Paul apologists

At least St. Paul and Minneapolis have an identity. Green Bay is a dumb gently caress hick town.

Ain't no one care about Green Bay.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because they have 4, not 11

Also, the Red Wings have 11 titles.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry this thread is now about minch trunbinsky

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I have never heard a single person call Green Bay “ titletown”

Mitchell trubinskies is going to win

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry this thread is now about minch trunbinsky

You rang?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

The season is over. Embrace the fact that we all live in the worst part of the country.

gently caress the Patriots

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Minneapolis is not in the rust belt and is also the best city in the USA east of the Platte River

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Malaria posted:

The season is over. Embrace the fact that we all live in the worst part of the country.

gently caress the Patriots

You're wrong, the Midwest is the best

- includes Detroit, America's best and bellwether city
- includes Minneapolis, home of Tom Brady's recordbreaking 6th Super Bowl victory

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Mall of America is going to get hosed UP by Eagles and Pats fans over the next 2 weeks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This thread is weirdly hostile considering only one team was involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

AsInHowe posted:

You're wrong, the Midwest is the best

- includes Detroit, America's best and bellwether city
- includes Minneapolis, home of Tom Brady's recordbreaking 6th Super Bowl victory

Congrats on the worst take in the whole thread

• Locked thread