Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cyrano4747 posted:

OK, so command stash:

I only have on character over lvl 70. If I leave some poo poo in my command stash can other characters grab it when they hit 70, or is it per-character not per-legacy?

I've got a blaster barrel in there and my lvl 70 is a jedi. It's bind on pickup and I'm wondering if I should just burn it or hang onto it until my smuggler hits 70.

Command stash is character only. That said, there are Bind to Legacy armor and weapons where you can "smuggle" mods, barrels, etc from one character to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Medullah posted:

Command stash is character only. That said, there are Bind to Legacy armor and weapons where you can "smuggle" mods, barrels, etc from one character to another.

Doesn't look like tht works any more - the thing you stick it in gets bound to you. I'll just burn 'em.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Doesn't look like tht works any more - the thing you stick it in gets bound to you. I'll just burn 'em.

It still works, you have to use a bind to Legacy shell. That said, if it's not a 242 or higher component I'd disintegrate it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I appreciate KOTET for not just being Zakuul corridors stuffed with skytroopers over and over but boy is it A. short and B. filled with the worst antagonist in the game

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I added some goodies into the guild bank, once the new bind timer is done, I'll add some more. We can do a contest or dance-off for the precious treasures.

Also if anyone needs anything I might have laying around, let me know if you see me on the guild ship.

I'll dig around in the rusty vat full of oil and weapons and see what I can come up with.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Addamere posted:

After having recently binged on The Clone Wars series, I was debating whether or not to play this game.

I set aside my preconceived notions from when it was in closed beta and everything I'd hear since then, and thoroughly read through the OP.

Still not sure, my eyes fell upon something beautiful:

Playing it! :peanut:

If I have an old closed beta account do I need to make a new one and if so then how do I do that? Currently the Play Free! link leads to a hot mess of broken code.

For that matter, how do I recover my old beta account and is that even possible? The launcher does not seem to recognize the email I've been using for 12 years.

Which squad were you in?

Also welcome back! Game is pretty good now

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

nonentity posted:

I added some goodies into the guild bank, once the new bind timer is done, I'll add some more. We can do a contest or dance-off for the precious treasures.

Also if anyone needs anything I might have laying around, let me know if you see me on the guild ship.

I'll dig around in the rusty vat full of oil and weapons and see what I can come up with.

You rock Non Ent!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

OK, I was starting to get a little tired of the same 'ol same 'ol jedi poo poo then I started shadow of Revan.

I'm now running around in a loving pirate hat and all is good with the world again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The game keeps asking me for a one time password from an email they're supposed to send but I've yet to receive this email. Are their email servers hosed or something?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

The game keeps asking me for a one time password from an email they're supposed to send but I've yet to receive this email. Are their email servers hosed or something?

It sometimes takes forever. I recommend setting up a security key when you can finally get in so you never need to deal with one time passwords again.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Check your spam also.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not a lot of action in guild chat lately. I guess no one's interested in being social.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nipponophile posted:

Not a lot of action in guild chat lately. I guess no one's interested in being social.

We're all in discord

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Me and Chickenwalker were punching ourselves in the dick on the new boss tonight and yesterday.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sorry been slacking and not logging on. Did some rakghoul and tat heroics tonight though, but only had 1 other with me because I live in the west

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

How long does an operation usually take? Are we talking hour long commitments or three hours?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

How long does an operation usually take? Are we talking hour long commitments or three hours?

A standard Story Mode group finder run is usually an hour to an hour and a half, assuming there aren't any complications.

If you're doing something challenging it can be longer (We spent 3 hours over the last two nights working on the newest boss in the new Operation)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Goodies in the guild bank, go go go.

I put some new companion certs, couple new mounts, and the sign of mandalore flair in there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Goodies in the guild bank, go go go.

I put some new companion certs, couple new mounts, and the sign of mandalore flair in there.

So with the official reinstatement of Sunday Funday raids (anyone show up, gear doesn't matter), I'll do an event at the end of our run and anyone that shows up to participate can pick one high value item from the vault!

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I’m planning on jumping back into this game again, if only to scratch a Star Wars itch. I logged on briefly a few days ago after not playing since I got annoyed with Kotfe’s boring single player and lack of any ops development. I realized that I 1) don’t remember anything about playing any of my characters when it comes to rotations, and 2) no clue what happened to the servers! I was on ebon hawk with my characters but always a wanted to do more time on IMP side. My old guild was mostly pub. I’d be interested in joining up with the goon guild if I do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ebon Hawk is Star Forge now! Show up Sunday!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I logged on briefly a few days ago after not playing since I got annoyed with Kotfe’s boring single player and lack of any ops development.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

So with the official reinstatement of Sunday Funday raids (anyone show up, gear doesn't matter), I'll do an event at the end of our run and anyone that shows up to participate can pick one high value item from the vault!

:neckbeard:

I'll be sure to eat early to get in on the raidns

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I NEED MY JORG AND SORNO CHEEVOS

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
The number of DPS who die on bosses during Veteran Flashpoints while standing in the middle of 4 healing stations is...concerning.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The number of DPS who die on bosses during Veteran Flashpoints while standing in the middle of 4 healing stations is...concerning.

Sadly that's the state of the game. The story is so simple you can do it nude, and also while your character has no gear on, which (added with the super leveling speed) means characters have no experience with any challenging content.

I wish they would have just kept Flashpoints the way they were, and let KDY be the only tactical. Either that or limit people to the ones they used to be eligible for or lower so your Battle of Rishi doesn't get a level 16 "Tank". There's solo modes now for almost everything, so people can see the flashpoints.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reminder tonight that it's Sunday Funday at 8pm EST! We'll see who shows up and then decide on something to do. Everyone that participates gets to pick an item from the vault!

Also, if anyone would like to volunteer to help organize events and stuff let me know.

Edit - Also, 60 days of sub access for $20

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Would love to make it, but tonight is Royal Rumble night. I'm gonna watch some wrasslin'.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks for all that showed up for a successful Sunday Funday raid night!

Take a look in Oedzi's stash and post your character name and what item you want and I'll send it to ya!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I'll take a DR3D Operator Requisition (Decent'exposure).

Had a blast today. Thanks for the group!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Was super fun!

I'll pick last since I got that chest piece at the end. I have my eye on a few things, but wonder about these various robot and beast companions. I already have a bazillion companions I never use. What do these do? Just unique and note commonly available to the great unwashed?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mastajake posted:

I'll take a DR3D Operator Requisition (Decent'exposure).

Had a blast today. Thanks for the group!

Sent!

Bilirubin posted:

Was super fun!

I'll pick last since I got that chest piece at the end. I have my eye on a few things, but wonder about these various robot and beast companions. I already have a bazillion companions I never use. What do these do? Just unique and note commonly available to the great unwashed?

Just pick something sheesh.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Just pick something sheesh.

Cheevos man, I might miss out on cheevos!

(really not trying to be a pain. I expect its a thing for completionists and eh)

Please Gloomlight Vrake Lavarendra and thank you. Cool mounts are a thing I understand.

e. thanks!

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 30, 2018

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008
I didn't get to play, but by the grace of goons, I'll take that Emberscale dewback (Tramm)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

genghispawn posted:

I didn't get to play, but by the grace of goons, I'll take that Emberscale dewback (Tramm)

Sent.

Looks like some datamining has found that Non-Entity was finally allowed to make a proper Kylo Saber

Though I'm sure he won't be commenting on that. :D

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I actually prefer a solid blade to the crackly one but I'm sure it'll sell well.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I sometimes wish that you could change either the sound your lightsaber makes when you ignite it or the move that your character makes when he/she draws a lightsaber.

Hey, they gave us customization options for almost everything else...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

I sometimes wish that you could change either the sound your lightsaber makes when you ignite it or the move that your character makes when he/she draws a lightsaber.

The equippable "personalities" in Elder Scrolls Online that change your character's animations are awesome, and more games should do it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Weapons need to be dyeable. Armor pieces should have separate Primary and Secondary dye slots. All dyes should be craftable as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Alter Ego posted:

Agreed. Blasters too, some of the blasters sound awesome and some sound really wimpy. There's absolutely no way to know what you'll get until you buy it.