Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

I knew I forgot something :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

EponymousMrYar posted:

Another underappreciated thing for the patch: It seems the Gold Saucer is going to absolutely poo poo MGP now with all of the changes to GATE's and the new fashion thing awarding 10k base per week.

And as long as you keep a variety of different items in your glamour toilet so you can meet Redolent Rose's requirements that's 50k MGP per week for what is probably a couple minutes of effort.

Unfortunately this means the next Gold Saucer mount will cost 5 million MGP.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just make BLM procs OGCD already.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Unless I’m missing something, fel cleave spam is even more mindless now?

It isn't mindless until doing six in a row is literally the entire reason to play warrior

What the hell is tanking??

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's what you do so that vengeance deals damage

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The MCHs will just sit in a corner with their new changes, wishing for Wildfire to be less poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mazed posted:

It isn't mindless until doing six in a row is literally the entire reason to play warrior

What the hell is tanking??

With the change you can do 7 in a row and the first four will be guaranteed dh/crit so that’s pretty sweet.

I’m basing my 7 in a row by starting your IR with 100 gauge, 4 from IR, then three regulars with your gauge and infuriate.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Actually with enough skill speed shouldn't you be able to fit 5 Fell Cleaves into the IR window?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Axle_Stukov posted:

Actually with enough skill speed shouldn't you be able to fit 5 Fell Cleaves into the IR window?

It’s only 10 second duration. I think you’d need closer to a 2.0 gcd than 2.5 to get 5 in during the buff.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Since you won't be able to Fel Cleave until a little bit into the buff, you don't get quite 10s. Let's assume it takes a 1/2s. If you have a 2.3s GCD, you can fit 5 cleaves.

t=0.50 - Fel Cleave 1
t=2.80 - Fel Cleave 2
t=5.10 - Fel Cleave 3
t=7.40 - Fel Cleave 4
t=9.70 - Fel Cleave 5.
t=10.0 - Inner Release drops
t=12.0 - GCD reset

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So basically only with a fuckton of melds or buffs.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
hosed around with my WHM glamours a bit in anticipation of the glamour dresser:

Also more furniture. Fountains for the fountain throne.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mr. Nice! posted:

So basically only with a fuckton of melds or buffs.

You can still manage it tightly with 3.5s, and my no-meld, 320 warrior set almost reaches that. I don't think 5 cleaves will be too tough.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

To ensure new players are able to enjoy the cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium, all cutscenes in these dungeons can no longer be skipped.

lmao

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

3 years later...

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Glamour chest destroys the item too? I mean I suppose if I was just going to use it for glamours anyway its fine, this just seems overly cumbersome and limited by space. Guess I've been spoiled by WoW's system

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think ffxiv's inventory system is a horrible 1.0 leftover probably so doing glamour right would be a nightmare

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Midnightghoul posted:

Glamour chest destroys the item too? I mean I suppose if I was just going to use it for glamours anyway its fine, this just seems overly cumbersome and limited by space. Guess I've been spoiled by WoW's system

The problem with wow's system is that it's really loving good

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just met Yotsuyu

I hate her

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ArtIsResistance posted:

The problem with wow's system is that it's really loving good

It's weird that given how many games there are out there with good glamour systems (WoW, SWTOR (imo), I hear LOTRO's is good but I've never played it) that FF14 has taken it upon itself to reinvent the wheel instead of just ripping off one of the already extremely workable systems that are already out there.

I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're limited by lovely legacy code or something but c'mon, get it together guys, lemme be a pretty princess

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Blowing up the item when turning it into a glamour keeps the market value of those glamour items up.

That's a legit reason for doing it that way.

The limits are probably because of legacy code, especially since it involves the inventory and character data.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's weird that given how many games there are out there with good glamour systems (WoW, SWTOR (imo), I hear LOTRO's is good but I've never played it) that FF14 has taken it upon itself to reinvent the wheel instead of just ripping off one of the already extremely workable systems that are already out there.

I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're limited by lovely legacy code or something but c'mon, get it together guys, lemme be a pretty princess

As EponymousMrYar mentions above it is mostly related to legacy code and that even for games like WoW adding a glamour system required a huge commitment. And WoW's inventory code probably wasn't complete dogshit like FFXIV's. I wish it was as easy as just copying from other MMOs on many things, but the amount of work required to fix the codebase probably isn't worth it compared to making new content.

For as bad as many of FFXIV systems (e.g. Glamour, marketboard, housing, etc) are it is still a fairly popular MMO.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
While it'd be rad to have effectively unlimited appearance capacity, the planned system should free up a lot of inventory space with some exceptional items kept in the Armory Chest (e.g. shared Shire sets after leveling one of the respective jobs, etc.). Really when I think of the transmog systems in WoW and D3, I don't actually use that many appearances. Wouldn't be surprised if the glamour wardrobe capacity increases in the next expansion, if not sooner.

I also like it because I'll be able to convert all my Toad Leather, Steel Bars, etc. into universal Prisms right away. Clears up the clutter from multiple Prism types and materials, along with the blank Prisms hoarded from HW dungeon runs.

It's gonna be real good.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Maguoob posted:

And WoW's inventory code probably wasn't complete dogshit like FFXIV's.

lol

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Maguoob posted:

As EponymousMrYar mentions above it is mostly related to legacy code and that even for games like WoW adding a glamour system required a huge commitment. And WoW's inventory code probably wasn't complete dogshit like FFXIV's. I wish it was as easy as just copying from other MMOs on many things, but the amount of work required to fix the codebase probably isn't worth it compared to making new content.

For as bad as many of FFXIV systems (e.g. Glamour, marketboard, housing, etc) are it is still a fairly popular MMO.

It took WoW over a decade to add 4 slots of inventory space to the backpack without making the rest of the game explode.

The Glamour Outhouse is a good step, like wow's void storage for transmog was, and hopefully they'll improve it more later and not just mark it as solved forever.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TFRazorsaw posted:

I just met Yotsuyu

I hate her

whether or not you hate her has zero bearing on if you want her to step on you

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Blowing up the item when turning it into a glamour keeps the market value of those glamour items up.

That's a legit reason for doing it that way.

The limits are probably because of legacy code, especially since it involves the inventory and character data.

Now that you mention it, I bet that's what it is. No way for them to add the item back into your inventory and immediately bind it to you, so if you could pull stuff out then you could 'unbind' anything that way.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The biggest perk of owning a house isn’t actually anything I can do with the house itself, but rather the knowledge that I get to sleep in on Tuesday morning.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The biggest perk of owning a house isn’t actually anything I can do with the house itself, but rather the knowledge that I get to sleep in on Tuesday morning.

my wfh day is tuesday :getin:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Only FCs can buy houses on Tuesday anyways, so if you're looking for a personal house you can sleep in. Unless you're looking to relocate a personal, which is still turned on.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

EponymousMrYar posted:

It is literally (20/400 = 1/20 =) 5% (Edit: :argh: DECIMALS :argh:) less exciting than before. That's still pretty darn exciting.

What are the numbers when you compare Release Holy Spirit to 4.2 Holy Spirit?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

TFRazorsaw posted:

I just met Yotsuyu

I hate her

hosed up.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
i'm late to the party but holy meh on the warrior changes. I feel like warrior was the one class in the game that was basically perfect. not completely OP, fun and challenging without being unplayable if you aren't pro.

now... i guess it's still less boring than paladin? i'm probably going to play drk now for my tank alt class i guess.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I can't wait to start nearly every dungeon pull with 6 Rockbreakers. One thing I'm not sure about with the RoW change is how it interacts with the other stances. Like will you literally just start every pull jumping into RoW then jumping back into Fists of Fire? Seems weird but I'll take it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

brd is the perfect class actually

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I love that you can have more merchants in your houses now and that they can be Allagan nodes and snakeladies.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I still get excited for new plot wards out of years of conditioning but after being the owner of a Mist 6 I feel like I've beaten the game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Elentor posted:

I still get excited for new plot wards out of years of conditioning but after being the owner of a Mist 6 I feel like I've beaten the game.

I just want a nice small forest house with giant tree backdrop. One day :argh:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The strangest part about my Mist 6 is that I got it out of randomly checking Mist plots 30 minutes after Shirogane had opened and every Big and Medium houses taken, and all the good small houses as well. Someone traded a Mist 6 for one of the poor small Shirogane houses, and in my head canon he regretted as soon as he did it because I can't imagine otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gruckles posted:

It took WoW over a decade to add 4 slots of inventory space to the backpack without making the rest of the game explode.

But the rest of the game DID explode. People were getting sub-10 fps in raids for no reason, and raid mobs were teleporting people around (which was a really funny bug). The scaling was also hosed so people couldn't solo old raids anymore, leveling dungeons flat out weren't worth doing over questing, and there are STILL goats and giraffes in northrend that one shot people leveling because they do damage as though you were 80 instead of 70.

I mean, 7.3.5 was a funny loving patch, but "not exploding" isn't how I'd classify it.