Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I hope this means you have to do something else to kill part 5 Jason, and that Pamela isn't whispering to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The only logical replacement is his son whining about chocolate bars the whole time but I don’t really know if I can handle that

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Anyone claiming Roy shouldn't have Jason abilities isn't very familiar with part 5. He does all the Jason things that matter. He teleports around (he has an ambulance but whatever), he's sneaky, he's really strong, and Kool-aid Mans through a door near the end of the movie.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

ChickenHeart posted:

Please let this be an actual thing. Instead of the sweater, a male counselor has to find the abandoned ambulance to procure a tasty chocolate bar to torment Roy with.

Also when he dies he inexplicably falls backwards onto a farming harrow, impaling himself.

They could make use of the second story windows and say you have to kill him near one of those. A harrow will magically appear at ground level when he dies.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm almost certain that Roy busted down a door in part V from his DAD RAGE

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The official forums/Reddit are a terrible place where no one seems happy with the game ever.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The devs seem to make reasonable decisions though, so I can only assume they totally ignore most internet whiners (unlike certain other asymmetric slasher game devs).

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
:reddit: "Jason can KILL me easily!"

:reddit: "Playing Jason is sooooo hard!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I am irrationally mad that DBD gobbles up cool licenses and ideas (Jigsaw as a killer who does people in via convoluted bullshit traps is pretty inspired) and then manages to make them all lame as soon as the streamers whine about losing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I don’t remember if Roy even kills the guy who actually killed his son.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He does not. That guy just kind of gets hauled off by the cops and is never heard from again.

Been playing against bots more lately and...man, they're all over the place. Most of the time half of them will duck into a closet and wait for you to kill them. Sometimes they'll get clever and make rushes for the car and the phone, keeping you hopping everywhere just to hold them still. Always, always they'll magically turn up with too many pocket knives and odds are very good Tommy will (for some reason) zone out at a campfire and patiently wait there to die.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

He does not. That guy just kind of gets hauled off by the cops and is never heard from again.

:lol: that’s what I thought. Roy is a true dick. “Well, that guy’s gone, better kill off a bunch of innocent mental patients instead.”

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Watching yesterday's stream with Randy, he seems to be heavily implying that Roy will work exactly like any other Jason complete with the same method of killing him. He keeps alluding to Roy "being crazy" and "having a similar mental state to Jason", insinuating that the sweater is still a thing that'd work on (game) Roy.

Doesn't really surprise me, but it's a little disappointing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Disappointing but on the other hand if the Roy method was any easier or harder than the usual way it would be a problem, so I get it.

Kinda sounds like we’re never getting Mrs. Voorhees due to that though. :(

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

Watching yesterday's stream with Randy, he seems to be heavily implying that Roy will work exactly like any other Jason complete with the same method of killing him. He keeps alluding to Roy "being crazy" and "having a similar mental state to Jason", insinuating that the sweater is still a thing that'd work on (game) Roy.

Doesn't really surprise me, but it's a little disappointing.

That's kind of a letdown. How hard would it have been to get a kid to record a few minutes of lines and replace the sweater with a candy bar?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I mean, we all understand that Roy flipped his poo poo - but that's a pretty blatant way to handwave laziness.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I always thought of Roy as being in a similar mental state as Pamela, except choosing to copycat Jason to deflect suspicion.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Roy’s loving method, bro. He decided to be Jason, so he fuckin’ is Jason, mommy issues and all. Rabid Stanislavsky devotee, he is.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Messed around with Tommybot some more, he will leave his campfire trance and run off if you carry him out of a certain radius of it (which usually requires grabbing him at least twice as he'll escape your grip while walking him out), but otherwise will stand there forever and get killed. Very odd

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Messed around with Tommybot some more, he will leave his campfire trance and run off if you carry him out of a certain radius of it (which usually requires grabbing him at least twice as he'll escape your grip while walking him out), but otherwise will stand there forever and get killed. Very odd

He also tends to get stuck on a loop of opening and closing a drawer sometimes.

I've found the best way to handle bots, on any difficulty,is to try and take out the power to the phone house and Tommy's house, which is much harder because it's a random guess, but if you can take out all the power boxes, the bots are too dumb to manage to fix them most of the time and will focus on getting a car fixed or running aimlessly waiting to be murdered.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzzBt5xFWw

A.o.D., Cliffdiver, and I nearly had a Jason kill in a pub game. Then well, this happened.

A.o.D. and I also were able to pull off a boat escape against a Juicy J!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EsOdE9ViSU

More Highlights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJHcrnL-p4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-jB1Jn5KM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFUxqgu9UI

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I feel like I'm being an angsty try hard, but I hate it so much when people drive the car in reverse to escape. Thats such crap to me.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The official forums/Reddit are a terrible place where no one seems happy with the game ever.

This is all gamers. The level of entitlement and anger among gamers online is absolutely insane

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Comfortador posted:

I feel like I'm being an angsty try hard, but I hate it so much when people drive the car in reverse to escape. Thats such crap to me.

Shift behind them if you can. The car goes really slow in reverse so a normal shift can usually do it unless they're really far away. If they drive forward once you're behind them try to wait until shift is back up to morph in front of them.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Regrettable posted:

Shift behind them if you can. The car goes really slow in reverse so a normal shift can usually do it unless they're really far away. If they drive forward once you're behind them try to wait until shift is back up to morph in front of them.

I'll give it a try but I'm usually terrible at specific morphing and shifting (newer player)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Roy gets more frightening the more you think about him in the current game mechanics, actually.

All the game elements can be explained by Jason being supernatural. Roy now has all these mechanics because he has completely lost his poo poo and gone psycho. Think about how angry this man is:

-Can stop cars by pounding on the hood like king kong
-Can lift ~180 lb adult men by their neck with one hand, throw them through windows.
-Outswims a motor boat.
-Breaks down doors with a few hits of pruning shears or just walks through them.
-Shrugs off shotgun blasts to the chest.

It's like Tony Montana after inhaling a mountain of coke. Except Roy powers himself with pure rage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You could just wave it away with him being possessed by Jason’s spirit like the people in part 9

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Really it doesn't make sense for Parts 2-4 to be doing that poo poo either, since back then he was presumably just a big lunk with Mommy Rage. He'd even yell "Ow" if you hurt him

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Really it doesn't make sense for Parts 2-4 to be doing that poo poo either, since back then he was presumably just a big lunk with Mommy Rage. He'd even yell "Ow" if you hurt him

Yeah but you would be surprised by how many people playing the game have never seen the movies, so cannon stuff tends to just fly past them.

And Jason took a hell of a beating in those first couple movies he appeared in, and survived hanging in the 3rd film so :shrug:

I do hope they went in and did a bit of extra audio work for Roy because I'll be a little disappointed if he just hears Pamela telling him to kill for her, but it could just be that he's been possessed by the avenging spirit of Jason.

I'd love for a whole new opening for Roy with a body being loaded onto an ambulance instead of him just murdering poor Chip like every other Jason does.

Chip did nothing wrong you bastard! He just has a lovely mullet!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I think Chip just got done banging Vanessa and / or Deb - which is why he is murdered 1st.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think Chip just got done banging Vanessa and / or Deb - which is why he is murdered 1st.

Chip couldn't get with Deb. Deborah is too good for that doofus. I feel like Deborah is pining after Kenny (who is probably gay) or Buggzy.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

joylessdivision posted:

Chip couldn't get with Deb. Deborah is too good for that doofus. I feel like Deborah is pining after Kenny (who is probably gay) or Buggzy.

While Kenny being gay would be so cool, he was loving Tiffany in the Virtual Cabin. Deb def has a thing for him I think, she didn't seem to happy in the Cabin

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Why would it be cool, especially in the 1980s?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

Why would it be cool, especially in the 1980s?

Because it would be?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean gay people existed in the 80s. It wouldn't be a fun time for HIM but hey.

Man I cannot wait for the dumb bullshit of the Grendel space ship. Just imagine the normal dumb opening of a bunch of clueless teens loving around, only they're all 80s stereotypes that are some how on a space ship

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Because it would be?

I see.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

You're right, like they shouldn't have changed Buggzy' s race so there would only be one token black character, like a good 80's movie :rolleyes:

What's your point? There shouldn't be a gay character?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Nice hand positioning, Kane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPMGmCcuMzg

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're right, like they shouldn't have changed Buggzy' s race so there would only be one token black character, like a good 80's movie :rolleyes:

What's your point? There shouldn't be a gay character?

My point is basically what Burkion illustrated. Having a random gay dude in a 1980s setting just to appease some grognard in 2018 isn't going to pan out for random gay dude in the 80s. Guy would probably be offered up as a sacrifice to Jason or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

My point is basically what Burkion illustrated. Having a random gay dude in a 1980s setting just to appease some grognard in 2018 isn't going to pan out for random gay dude in the 80s. Guy would probably be offered up as a sacrifice to Jason or something.

So lets pretend like gay people just didn't exist. That's nice. Appeasement? Really dude? I'm just saying it would be cool in a representation sort of way, not 'HOW DARE YOUUUU NOT, BIGOTRY!'

• Locked thread