Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Miz943lJo

chinese memes getting weider and weider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Two ladies lure you into a tea shop and then gently caress your brains out

Condolences to the op for running away instead

True story this is a possible outcome. Rare, of course.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Baronjutter posted:

Do they have their career stats on the back?

I liked this post.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

LentThem posted:

i learned about it when i ate some in new delhi and had the worst shits of my life constantly over the following days

‘Pani’ means water which should be your first tip that it’s basically the riskiest thing to get from the street. A little ball of (delicious) waterborne illnesses.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Beefeater1980 posted:

True story this is a possible outcome. Rare, of course.

It's loving exhausting is what it is, after having fallen for it a couple of times, I nowadays just loving leg it when approached with that situation, like goodbye to the rest of the day/night/plans...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm interviewing someone named Ding Dong next week.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I do, but I wouldn't pay for them.

Some of my favorites show a demure, shy girl blushing in skimpy lingerie on one side, and on the other side she's tied up with her nether holes facing outwards, covered by cute little hearts.

The ones I picked up in China are more interesting than the ones from Korea.

Amazing, a straight up physical manifestation of the Madonna/whore complex.

bamhand posted:

I'm interviewing someone named Ding Dong next week.

*!Woof woof woof woof!*

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Outrail posted:

Ramming speed into a parking garage or shoddy construction?

Why choose? I think everyone did their part here.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This morning I was reminded of Bird's Nest, which is basically bird saliva used for making a nest, and how TCM thought it was super duper special and good for healthy. I see it everywhere in Thailand, and it's really expensive. Chinese tourist buy this garbage by the case. I thought I'd see what the fake story is about this junk.

First, this helpful summary from the main seller here in Thailand.

Their website was utterly useless. Click on "benefits" and the other things and you get sent in a loop without any information except what the ingredients are (chicken extract and sugar, mainly).

I started googling and asking why Chinese eat it.

LOL. I was led to a couple sites that all said different things. TCM says it is good for cleaning the lungs (ok, no more lung cancer from smoking), as well as being very high in protein (I don't believe it), where some "medical" science said it had some very special unique amino acid or something that is probably found in 80% of what we eat. It seems it was a high prestige item back in some old dynasty, and tuhao habits die hard and people all want to eat it just because it's expensive.

I also read Quora and there were very triggered Mainlanders getting upset that anyone would dare ask why Chinese do X.

Imagine living your life being so butthurt all the time.

simplefish posted:

Excuse me I did not.

I had dinner with three people from there, they all call it Bombay and said I should do the same when I visit. In fact, that's why I'm asking about who's there. I'll be going across for a week in March, and while I'll see them in the evenings, I wondered if there was anyone who maybe wanted to grab lunch.
People across India say everything differently, even in the same city. You go to Delhi and one side will say "Del-hii" and other people will say "Dilly." Go to Kolkata and a local Bengali will say Kohl-kah-tah" and then you'll hear another local say "Kal-kuh-tuh." Same with Mumbai. A lot of it is just habit. There's also a percentage of educated/rich Indians that worship the British influence, and it's a talking point among other Indians (who like to accuse people of it). There's been an effort by some politicians to rename places with known-English names to utterly random Indian names, and it pisses people off, and makes them double-down on using the English names or versions.
The biggest city in Gujarat is Ahmedabad, but Gujjus say "Am-d-bahd," which really confused me until I figured out where they were talking about.

Basically, just call it what you want. There's no hard and fast rule to anything about anything in India.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

At least bird's nest doesn't involve denuding the ocean of its apex predators so whatever.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/897817640353144833

They do a racist impression of an indian guy complete with fake looking beard, head bob, and accent

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 27, 2018

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Also I LOVE that they are using the same loving picture of the border area with MS paint lines and captions that they used over and over months and months ago

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That's Ouya levels of effort.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
seven scenes

weapans

booldozers

:allears:

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
There’s a laugh track, they skip sins, which aren’t even sins in the first place, and it’s so poorly acted and ridiculous (the fake Indian dude’s beard is falling out of place in one scene, too) that I’m not even sure whether it’s propaganda, satire, or college kids filming a poorly written comedy skit for their English class.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
lol the "this text is now editable" when the 7 Sins of India screen comes up goddamn

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
how convenient that the border is exactly at the top of that hill, with that exact camera angle!

that poo poo slays me

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Rene Chang's book arrived. It has glossy pictures, mostly of horrifically injured people and one which is of his porsche

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

DangerousDan posted:

Rene Chang's book arrived. It has glossy pictures, mostly of horrifically injured people and one which is of his porsche

All i got were little black and white ones, can you post them?

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I saw this today and I couldn't help myself.

Buzzcut 1: "What do you call a rainbow in Henan?"

Buzzcut 2: "I don't know, brother, what is it called?"

Buzzcut 1:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Bajaj posted:

I saw this today and I couldn't help myself.

Buzzcut 1: "What do you call a rainbow in Henan?"

Buzzcut 2: "I don't know, brother, what is it called?"

Buzzcut 1:

:vince:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
Ł

Blistex posted:

For people who aren't getting the concept. Now imagine the club district of any city in the country littered with these things, like I mean you can't avoid stepping on them.

Been doing this poo poo in london since the 70s:

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/london_calling_a_look_at_vintage_tart_cards_used_by_english_prostitutes

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://my.mixtape.moe/ycxzre.mp4

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bajaj posted:

This morning I was reminded of Bird's Nest, which is basically bird saliva used for making a nest, and how TCM thought it was super duper special and good for healthy. I see it everywhere in Thailand, and it's really expensive. Chinese tourist buy this garbage by the case. I thought I'd see what the fake story is about this junk.

First, this helpful summary from the main seller here in Thailand.

What is the vibrational spectra of a birds nest?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

angel opportunity posted:

They do a racist impression of an indian guy complete with fake looking beard, head bob, and accent

This may be a dumb question, but is that supposed to be an American accent? Jesus Christ.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

"nobody's blaming me

because I'm asleeeeeeep"

complete with misspelled "becasue" in the caption

this loving OWNS

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
Check out this projection of the Sanchi Oil Spill:

It's almost as if the Chinese freight ship that rammed the oil tanker was trying to screw over Japan on purpose. Probably just incompetence though.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Wind and ocean currents always flow that way. Dokdo lol

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

peanut posted:

Wind and ocean currents always flow that way. Dokdo lol

that's because dokdo attracts all that is well and good in the world, like the hopes and thoughts of the korean people

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

since this is the India SAR thread as well: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-internet-is-filling-up-because-indians-are-sending-millions-of-good-morning-texts-1516640068

what the hell

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Oh my christ yes, I was on the in-law Whatsapp group for about 2 days before I just deleted the app because I got sick of 20 pictures every morning of flowers, babies sitting in giant teacups, Krishna, baby Krishna, baby Krishna sitting in a teacup surrounded by flowers, etc.

Also I'm popular Indian comedy group “All India Bakchod”

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Paywalled

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GotLag posted:

Paywalled
Copypaste the URL into google and go from there (I'm too lazy to install a script or whatever to do it automatically)

quote:

Desh Raj Sharma, 71 years old, recently started using a smartphone. At around 6 a.m. every day he searches for and sends good-morning images to more than 50 friends and family using WhatsApp.
on the one hand this is adorable but on the other I would hate it

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Copypaste the URL into google and go from there (I'm too lazy to install a script or whatever to do it automatically)

Not working.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

"driving bulldozers straight into your house without knocking on the door! what kind of neighbor would that be?"

yeah india! thank gently caress china has never ever don-
http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat11/sub72/entry-4472.html

quote:

Intimidation of Urban Residents in China

-Urban residents that refuse to accept the compensation are evicted or bullied to leave. The developers often hire relocation companies to do their dirty work and they in turn use thugs to intimate the residents, in some cases, beating them up if they don't take the compensation offer and even setting fire or bulldozing down their houses.

-One Shanghai resident told the Los Angeles Times he was awakened in the middle of the night with a knock at his door. Before he could answer a demolition crew had kicked down the door and began throwing their furniture out in the street and breaking down the walls with sledgehammers. When the resident tried to stop them he got kicked in the stomach.

-In some cases people with dwellings on choice pieces of land have been summoned to police stations only to find their homes have been demolished when they return home. One man who was evicted right after his mother died told the Los Angeles Times, "I went out for a few minutes one morning, and when I came back, migrant workers were throwing my furniture in a truck and demolishing the house. My brother, who was sick, was sleeping when they rushed in, and they just rolled him up in his sleeping mat and threw him in the truck like furniture."

-This kind of intimidation is illegal but victims often have little recourse. They usually can't afford lawyers or don't have the means to negotiate the Kafkaesque Chinese legal system.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
There was a long thread about this on r/india, but I unsubbed from there and every other Indian anything across all social media once I left last time because Indians can really bring a good mood down.

Unfortunately, Indians all use Whatsapp, an app I can't loving stand when compared to it's updated, better-looking and easier-to-use rival Telegram. I keep trying to tell them that Telegram is basically the same thing but better, but they are too entrenched. I know a guy with 5k Whatsapp contacts. I don't even know how he manages to see the messages from people actually trying to talk to him.

LentThem posted:

"driving bulldozers straight into your house without knocking on the door! what kind of neighbor would that be?"

yeah india! thank gently caress china has never ever don-
http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat11/sub72/entry-4472.html
CG was just telling me her friend in Beijing was telling her that she heard the police and government are becoming more and more strict because "2018 China will be more open to the world, so they are preparing to for the rush of people coming to China" and I LOL'd. When I said "No they are loving not," i was met with "I don't know."

Bajaj fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 28, 2018

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This was posted on reddit by someone eating at a Chinese noodle place in Ashland, Oregon. LMAO

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

SeinfeldTwang.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15puo-dSEIY

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bajaj posted:

This was posted on reddit by someone eating at a Chinese noodle place in Ashland, Oregon. LMAO

Please tell me they got reported to the health department.

poo poo, even the sink empties into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bajaj posted:

And they say you can't get authentic Chinese food in the US.

• Locked thread