Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm just disappointed. I hate bothering people to craft things and I thought 'Ok destroying the item for glamor is a good compromise' but nooo you also need high crafting/market money. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Since I got in, I've been mucking with the glamour poo poo. Here's my Roedame with special guest hair clipped through headband:

Here's my Samurai glamour with my lightsaber out:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm just disappointed. I hate bothering people to craft things and I thought 'Ok destroying the item for glamor is a good compromise' but nooo you also need high crafting/market money. :smith:

Glamour prisms take even less effort now to craft than they did before, for about 38k someone could make you a stack of 99 easily.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hommando posted:

Glamour prisms take even less effort now to craft than they did before, for about 25k someone could make you a stack of 99 easily.

That's nice, 25k is a lot easier to swallow than the market price, but still. I just wish it was like Geyshll Greens.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That's nice, 25k is a lot easier to swallow than the market price, but still. I just wish it was like Geyshll Greens.

I originally got the price wrong, but it's still very cheap.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Crafting the Glamour Dresser thing is where you'll really get gouged. How long until we can do that?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Holyshoot posted:

Can you quick synth the prisms?

Yes, takes about 10 minutes for a stack of 99.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I liked Sigmascape.

Sigma 2 is the best fight, it's the Delta 3 of the tier. Very very creative.

O8 is confusing as gently caress and having a bit of flu doesn't help me on that front.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Just wait a day or two and the goon FCs will have fully stocked chests for prisms.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

O8 is confusing as gently caress

Sounds about right, considering who you're fighting.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Does O8 at least involve an AoE that chases you around, and if you're hit by it the name on the attack is Well Done?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

If you're willing to wait, it's almost an inevitability the market will eventually settle and the price will become reasonable from people flooding it and undercutting with prisms they converted or bought with their seals.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

a medical mystery posted:

If you're willing to wait, it's almost an inevitability the market will eventually settle and the price will become reasonable from people flooding it and undercutting with prisms they converted or bought with their seals.

Yeah, it's almost guaranteed that eventually things will calm down. As long as you're patient you don't have to get gouged.

I can't even play for a week right now and I'm kinda glad. I got my house in 4.1 and I don't need to rush in for anything else right now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I’m assuming that once you’ve got Ricochet, you always use your Reassemble on it?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Is 200 GC seals per glamour crystal supposed to be expensive or something? Stormblood dungeons cough up so much gear, I have more seals than God at this point.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

So I’m assuming that once you’ve got Ricochet, you always use your Reassemble on it?

Optimally you want to save Reassemble for a proc'd Heated Clean Shot during Wildfire.

If you're still leveling up and you're not at heated shots yet, just use it on whatever your strongest shot is available, which will probably be a proc'd Clean Shot during Wildfire! :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Optimally you want to save Reassemble for a proc'd Heated Clean Shot during Wildfire.

If you're still leveling up and you're not at heated shots yet, just use it on whatever your strongest shot is available, which will probably be a proc'd Clean Shot during Wildfire! :v:

Really? I thought Ricochet outdamaged Cleaner Shot.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anyone know a guide for how to play/learn MNK that assumes you're level 70? A friend of mine is 52 and he could use some help.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Really? I thought Ricochet outdamaged Cleaner Shot.

Ricochet is an ability, not a weaponskill, so Reassemble doesn't work on it.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You realise you needed glamour prisms before as well, right? And level 30 is literally not even halfway to max level, it is pretty objectively not high level.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Waci posted:

You realise you needed glamour prisms before as well, right? And level 30 is literally not even halfway to max level, it is pretty objectively not high level.

Yes, that's why I could never glamor like I wanted to because the prisms were a bit much. I just thought they were going to do a decent closet, my bad.

Also where are you pulling lvl30 from? I still can't find out how to craft a prism.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yes, that's why I could never glamor like I used to because the prisms were a bit much. I just thought they were going to do a decent closet, my bad.

Also where are you pulling lvl30 from? I still can't find out how to craft a prism.

google glamour prism and its the level 30 version in the wiki

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yes, that's why I could never glamor like I wanted to because the prisms were a bit much. I just thought they were going to do a decent closet, my bad.

The crafting window literally has a search box for searching for recipes by name. There is no way you are not just being willfully obtuse for the sake of complaining.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
E:double post

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Waci posted:

The crafting window literally has a search box for searching for recipes by name. There is no way you are not just being willfully obtuse for the sake of complaining.

I've hardly touched crafting, There's no loving way you're just not being a dick

Holyshoot posted:

google glamour prism and its the level 30 version in the wiki

I don't see what you're talking about when I Google that I'm afraid

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Wait how many prisms people need now? Why is 200 seals a problem?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If you haven't touched crafting, I'm sorry. What you're looking for is the crafting menu (press N by default on PCs), from there I'm sure you can recognise the word search in whatever language you have your client set to.

You DO have your UI set to a language you can read, right?:ohdear:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So yeah just being a dick. Gotcha.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lol if you didnt see this glamour change coming and stock up on them for the past 3 weeks

time to make a killing

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
There's a quest you need to do before you can craft prisms. If you've already done it, the recipe book you need to buy is available from Goberin in Western Thanalan.

Quit being a jerk if you don't actually know the answer to the question.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Chairman posted:

There's a quest you need to do before you can craft prisms. Quit being a jerk if you don't actually know the answer to the question.

Thank you so much! Now I can get started.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone know a guide for how to play/learn MNK that assumes you're level 70? A friend of mine is 52 and he could use some help.

Does he have a specific question? At 52 single target is just kinda turn on fist of fire, alternate kick twin with boot true, end in snap or every third ends in demolish. Hit other buttons when they are able to be hit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

lol if you didn’t absent-mindledly vendor your clear prisms on Sunday :shepface:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Why are people talking about clear prisms? You still get them at the same place.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

The way I have my hotbar set up is that I have QERF for my "attack" abilities. While 123 are for the "status" abilities. So I start with the 123 which lowers their blunt resistance, gives me a damage boost and puts a damage over time on them. QERF is the normal attack combo with R being One Ilm Punch in case I want to spam that instead of True Strike.

5,6,7,8 are my AOE abilities. It's not as elegant. But since two of them are on cooldown timer it's not too much of a problem. I'm sure someone better out there has a much better set up but this one I figured out and works well for me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thank you so much! Now I can get started.

you might need rep you don't have to buy the mats from a vendor. Otherwise youre going to have to craft the mats which makes it more expensive/more effort.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Sounds about right, considering who you're fighting.

It's actually part of the story line that he's a trickster with his attacks, it's good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Did O5 and O6 before class. O5 was easy. O6 was neat, but half of my party was dead for a great deal of the fight. I got commendations for doing a lot of raising, but got killed by a Tankbuster at the end when the tank died.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

She's not even wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012