Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I don’t see how. Their best aspect was their vocalist and he loving died.

But if they got someone comparable, then :getin:

Apparently they reformed last year with 2 of the original members and a new guy, one of the old guitarists is now doing vocals? Guess i'll check it out since they are local lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Detective Thompson posted:

Hey have you all been wondering what Jonathan Davis has been up to lately?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSABKRTtJM8

I just assumed he was making lovely music. oh look

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Detective Thompson posted:

Hey have you all been wondering what Jonathan Davis has been up to lately?!

fronting a reunited bolt thrower?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I had a friend make a Korn roster in WWE RAW for PS4.

That's my Jonathan Davis story.

Also pretty sure Jonathan Davis had the AJ Stiles moveset.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I once worked security for a Korn concert and it was the only show I ever worked where I was physically assaulted. What made it worse was the fact that the disgruntled Korn fan was shirtless and incredibly sweaty.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

You didn’t have your Dying Fetus Wrong One to gently caress With knife?

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Cobra Commander posted:

You didn’t have your Dying Fetus Wrong One to gently caress With knife?

Did anyone actually get the knife?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Everyone has the knife. What kind of nerd wouldn't have that knife?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

it should have been a condom

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Or a coat hanger - am I right?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

maybe a fedora

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rziP0xhHj1k

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

fronting a reunited bolt thrower?

BURN THIS HERETIC!!!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

lmao this is awesome

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Jeremy_X posted:

BURN THIS HERETIC!!!

Someone hasn't looked at the thread title in a while.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I haven't been super into Meshuggah for quite a few years, but Burr's enthusiasm just made me throw on Obzen for the first time in a while. They really are an awesome band.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Spatulater bro! posted:

I haven't been super into Meshuggah for quite a few years, but Burr's enthusiasm just made me throw on Obzen for the first time in a while. They really are an awesome band.

They are, but I can only take them in small doses before I start feeling like I'm going a little cuckoo for the reasons Burr describes. They put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I still haven't seen them live :( I need to rectify that at some point. If there is one band I can cite as my gateway into metal, it's Meshuggah. Or possibly Tool, because Tool was my gateway to Meshuggah...

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Nordick posted:

Are you not familiar with Battle Beast? Because Beast in Black is basically Battle Beast 2.0.

gently caress that was a lot of Bs.

I came here to post about Beast in Black because I just discovered them and I loving love it. Yeah it's cheesey, but I love that stuff :D

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

il_cornuto posted:

Reading gets me all worked up. I didn't really mean it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

il_cornuto posted:

I believe his point was that some nu metal schmuck should not be fronting BOLT THROWER

EDIT: actually gently caress nevermind I'm an idiot

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spatulater bro! posted:

Funny timing. I was cooking pasta this evening while listening to Koloss and gently caress it’s so heavy. I kept laughing to myself about the juxtaposition of calmy stirring pasta while Meshuggah was in my head making me want to completely lose my poo poo.

No band comes close to that kind of heaviness for me. I can’t wait to see what they put out next.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So if the few bits of Meshuggah I’ve heard didn’t excite me and I’m a dick who wants the most underground heavy poo poo I can find, which Meshuggah might make me a fan?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Snowy posted:

So if the few bits of Meshuggah I’ve heard didn’t excite me and I’m a dick who wants the most underground heavy poo poo I can find, which Meshuggah might make me a fan?

Why even bother? Just find something better to listen to that you actually like instead of forcing yourself to like a bad band.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

If you want 'underground heavy poo poo' then I think you'd be listening to a different band entirely

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowy posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UISjgLu8zBA

If the riff near the end doesn’t do it then I’ve got nothing

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Snowy posted:

Check out where they are touring and go see them live and then see how you feel. They really do put on an awesome show.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Lid posted:

Kylesa will always be the band with the best opening track on every album, they follow a formula but its a loving great formula. Scapegoat and Tired Climb and Exhale :discourse:

Edit: and just found out they broke up in 2016 after Exhausting Fire, for fucks sake

I loved Kylesa, but I’m kinda glad they threw in the towel - Exhausting Fire had some great songs but sounded like a band that didn’t know what they wanted to be anymore, and the last time I saw them live, Phil looked somewhere between bored and annoyed to be onstage.

The Discussion didn’t catch me as much as I wanted it to on my first listen, but here’s to hoping that both Laura and Phil are doing stuff that makes them happy.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Snowy posted:

They're probably not your thing, but for what it's worth I got into them with their album Destroy Erase Improve. Here's the best song on the album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHa48lqsqE

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrBling posted:

Why even bother? Just find something better to listen to that you actually like instead of forcing yourself to like a bad band.

yeah this

they've been doing the same thing for over 20 years now and if you've heard one song you've heard them all

their first album where they sound like a more shouty and proggy late 80s metallica has its moments though

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Snowy posted:

the album "Chaosphere" and the EP "I" are the ones that did it for me

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

One of the funniest moments way back in high school was playing Destroy Erase Improve to a friend and asking him to headbang to it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't some of the folks from Kylesa start a new group? What's it called and is it good?

Phillip Cope has a new band called Oakskin, they've released one song so far. He was also playing with his pre-Kylesa band Damad again but the vocalist died of cancer last year.

https://oakskin.bandcamp.com/releases

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spatulater bro! posted:

They're probably not your thing, but for what it's worth I got into them with their album Destroy Erase Improve. Here's the best song on the album:

Today I learned I like Meshuggah.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Spatulater bro! posted:

Well thanks to this thread I know what all the music in the Killing Floor games is stealing from.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Meshuggah is all about the drumming. There are 5 songs I really like but there all on different albums. I think ObZen is their best produced record imo but its best to see them live no doubt.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 4, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I passed on seeing them in Orlando last time and still regret it. I don’t ever go to shows but I absolutely need to see them before they hang it up.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why all of the Meshuggah talk? Bill Burr was talking about seeing them live on his last podcast.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Look what I just got in the mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

We Know Catheters posted:

Why all of the Meshuggah talk? Bill Burr was talking about seeing them live on his last podcast.

scroll up