Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

il_cornuto posted:

Half the Ukrainian (or close enough) bands on the page are nazis, what's going on over there?

Half of Ukraine is Nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anyone have a good primer on swedish death metal? I realized almost all the dm i listen to is American, but I hear lots of good things about the Swedish scene

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Vulture Culture posted:

I've never heard of Cain's Offering but apparently a bunch of Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica/Silent Voices guys got together to record some hot garbage a few years ago and it's exactly what you'd expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aixp4ENDtUc

Wtf, I love Cain's Offering. But then again, Sonata Arctica is my favorite band and it's basically Sonata Arctica with a different vocalist.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

Anyone have a good primer on swedish death metal? I realized almost all the dm i listen to is American, but I hear lots of good things about the Swedish scene

The book Swedish Death Metal is exactly that

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Snowy posted:

The book Swedish Death Metal is exactly that

Sweet, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

il_cornuto posted:

Half the Ukrainian (or close enough) bands on the page are nazis, what's going on over there?

thta's how they roll. we've gone over this

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

Kvlt! posted:

hot take: the hm-2 tone makes most swedish death metal unlistenable

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kvlt! posted:

Sweet, I'll check that out. Thanks!

I mean you can probably find an article on Cvlt Nation or something like that but the book is good and worth getting if you’re interested at all.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I bought an HM-2 recently just for that sweet, sweet tone.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Stop posting Neo-Nazi garbage in the metal thread, it's bad enough trying to ignore all the Alex Jones fans in metal.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

Stop posting Neo-Nazi garbage in the metal thread, it's bad enough trying to ignore all the Alex Jones fans in metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p2rBMXemnU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dont even fink about it posted:

What are you trying to say about "Alex Jones Prison Planet"? The death metal band where all the vocals are Jones samples.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I'm fine with other people posting and listening to nsbm I just wish there was a :nms: style tag for those of us who'd rather not.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
A :nsbm: smilie with hitler

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
listening to music doesn't automagically turn you into a nazi fyi

if the material is good, just listen to it. don't give them money if you feel bad about it, but listening to it is not some crime against humanity

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, you know what happens if we allow ourselves or others to appreciate degenerate art.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Of course it's not, but a) the knowledge that music I'm listening to for fun is made by awful racists sours the experience for me personally - I'm just not good at fully seperating the art and the artist - and b) I don't want to spread or share music with that kind of ideology. The NSBM scene has been used to recruit for the alt-right and it's not something I'm happy even giving more views to, as inconsequential as that is it's my choice not to.

Ultimately there is already far more good non-nazi music than I'll be able to fully enjoy in my lifetime so I'm not going to spend time on stupid racists.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I seriously do not care about lyrical content at all

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

this cool riff made me hate jews!!

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Yes that's exactly what I said

"if you don't listen to music you don't enjoy you literally think music makes you racist"

il_cornuto fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 6, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I listen to Pantera and just lament that Phil Anselmo who is some tragically flawed hero of heavy metal.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

If the art itself advocates the moral incorrectness of its artist, it's a no go for me. But otherwise I can separate the art from the artist in most cases. Example: I'll watch Roman Polanski films, but I won't listen to pro-Nazi music by Nazis.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The correct way to deal with problematic art is to do exactly what I do. Everyone else is stupid.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I don't know a ton of grindcore, I really like Nasum, Napalm Death, Wormrot and Nails. Pig Destroyer and Trap Them are pretty good too. Is there anyone really awesome I'm missing?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ah, the once-every-two-months discussion of Nazism in metal. How I enjoy it.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

symbolic posted:

Ah, the once-every-two-months discussion of Nazism in metal. How I enjoy it.

It's better than discussing Babymetal.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

il_cornuto posted:

I don't know a ton of grindcore, I really like Nasum, Napalm Death, Wormrot and Nails. Pig Destroyer and Trap Them are pretty good too. Is there anyone really awesome I'm missing?

Rotten Sound has some really good poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

il_cornuto posted:

Insect Warfare. World Extermination was my gateway album into grind.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

An enterprising soul should fuse the two. With Ghost

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

il_cornuto posted:

Insect Warfare, Cattle Decapitation, Gridlink

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

skasion posted:

An enterprising soul should fuse the two. With Ghost

Ghost is releasing a new album soon :getin:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Discordance Axis. And if you want something that isn’t strictly grind but nonetheless fun, Naked City.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Apropos of nothing, here's some good Portuguese death metal that's getting me through my day: https://pestifer.bandcamp.com/album/execration-diatribes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Seconding all those grind recs and adding Assuck, P.L.F., Terrorizer, Repulsion, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Magrudergrind, Antigama and Maruta.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

Lots of death metal in it but Repulsion is loving awesome in every way and will definitely scratch your grind itch

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Grind you say? https://willowtip.bandcamp.com/album/the-age-of-dumb

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I forgot to mention I already love Insect Warfare and Cattle Decapitation but I'll check the rest out, thanks!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Let's not forget the devastating Kill The Client:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1q4nMEO2ZQ

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe

I am so into this right now, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

saviro posted:

hot take: the hm-2 tone makes most swedish death metal unlistenable

hotter take: the hm-2 is the only thing that makes swedish death metal listenable

Spatulater bro! posted:

on the next black mirror: wot if babymetal, but nazi

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 6, 2018