Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WHOOPS posted:

yeah, i was speaking on the assumption that their past process would hold true. but yes, they could go all in on Cousins and pay him big.

They can still go all-in on Cousins while also holding true to their past process on a couple of those guys. They have a lot of cap space and nobody super important leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears are hiring Brad Childress as an offensive consultant.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions announced Matt Patricia hiring. Its official

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Lions-hire-Matt-Patricia-as-new-head-coach/5aa39ac8-25a9-4193-9898-cc0aed035a2b

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Terrifying, but I'm not sure that team lasts any longer than 1-2 seasons considering how much Cousins would cost them and how many contracts they have coming up.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/minnesota-vikings/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2020/minnesota-vikings/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/minnesota-vikings/

Of course, 1-2 seasons is more than enough to win a Super Bowl if you're all-in.

With or without a quarterback, that team doesn't last more than a couple years. Most teams have small windows to contend for a championship. I prefer the team that's just a quarterback away from being really interesting on offense not get the best one available.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/960622841568923648

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/960646065685966849

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Cheese curds never change though. Still amazing after all these years.

This is true. Wisconsin food does not change. I make the pilgrimage to Culver's and Rocky Rococo's for the week I'm back.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

LabyaMynora posted:

LOL, I was so sure the Patriots would win that I didn't watch a second of the Super Bowl. I fuckin' missed out.

gently caress the Patriots forever and ever, amen.

I refused to have any hope whatsoever until the strip sack

That was the first moment when I thought "Oh poo poo, this might actually happen"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Good luck, Matt. You’ll need it.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/960961520279719936

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The name is applied crooked. It's leaning downwards on the right side.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AsInHowe posted:

The name is applied crooked. It's leaning downwards on the right side.

I mean, it's the Lions so

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

patricia cut his beard

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/961295306905346049

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
now he just looks like a fat dork

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mastershakeman posted:

now he just looks like a fat dork
___________/

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

weird, how'd i get an avatar of matt patricia

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Here's a link to the entire Matt Patricia/Bob Quinn presser, which just ended about 10 minutes ago.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Packers are Lions both have fat white guy's for a coach.

This is a key to success.

Fatman + Good QB = good

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What's with Patricia removing his mane? Lions don't do that!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I think this is a good coaching hire for the Lions.

Also, this pretty much confirms Lions/Patriots on Thanksgiving this year.

Also, the Lions should've done what the Tigers do during spring training, and had the Patricia family pose for photos with the actual giant cat.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Abugadu posted:

This is true. Wisconsin food does not change. I make the pilgrimage to Culver's and Rocky Rococo's for the week I'm back.

Man if your experience of cheese curds is Culver's you are missing out. Visit Madison and go to the old fashioned for a proper curds and burg meal with excessively large beer flights.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

cis autodrag posted:

Man if your experience of cheese curds is Culver's you are missing out. Visit Madison and go to the old fashioned for a proper curds and burg meal with excessively large beer flights.

My primary experience is heading to Cheesefest in Blair in Sept, Culver’s serves as a decent backup found in all cities for when I am cramming a year’s worth of socializing in 5 days.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cis autodrag posted:

is the tipsy cow still open?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Old fashioned is better than Tipsy Cow in every way and it's not even close.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah but they got bought and they suck now. Last time I went the buns were stale and the waitresses weren't even hot but rude college girls. Old fashioned just keeps getting better though.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SD87 posted:

gently caress the god drat vikings. Great finish against the saints but now we get the nick foles lead eagles against the patriots. Brees would have beat the eagles because he is loving brees and not poo poo rear end keenum and then we would have had two hall of fame qbs in the super bowl but instead we get this loving bullshit of game. Vikings should have just loving lost that game but because of their stupid meaningless miracle play which lead to nothing in the end except all of us having to watch a lovely super bowl matchup. The nfc loving gift wrapped this one to the pats this year

I felt like this as well, I thought the Saints were the best chance for the NFC, but this is pretty funny in retrospect. It's pretty clear at this point that the Eagles were probably the only team that could've beaten the Pats. Thank god the Vikings got knocked out, they would've been absolutely steamrolled.

I'm worried about Matt Patricia as head coach. Not just from the super bowl performance for a defense that has been neglected in terms of management, I just don't know what he really brings to the table that wasn't there before.

And I really don't think Cousins will go to the Vikings, to me Denver or Arizona makes a lot more sense. If I was the Vikings I think I'd keep Bradford in front and Keenum as a backup that can actually win, unless Keenum is dead set on getting a starting job somewhere which I couldn't blame him for. I would release Bridgewater, I think he's going to be a big disappointment whenever and wherever he comes back.

I think the Bears have a good chance to have a decent season next year. If they can fill some holes effectively and Trubisky's play elevates in that way sophomore QBs often do. Lions will stay about the same, maybe get a wildcard or maybe miss out. Vikings could be a strong team next year, but the Packers are looking really bad. They've been leaning so goddamn hard on Rodgers but they're just way, way too weak in too many areas.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah but they got bought and they suck now. Last time I went the buns were stale and the waitresses weren't even hot but rude college girls. Old fashioned just keeps getting better though.

Nah, Tipsy Cow is still owned by Patrick O'Halloran (who owns Lombardino's) with Sue Kirtan and Michael Banas. They are opening up a second location in Sun Prairie, though.

But yeah, the service at Tipsy Cow has always been terrible ever since the day it opened; last I heard they have a poo poo ton of front-of-house turnover including management.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

Nah, Tipsy Cow is still owned by Patrick O'Halloran (who owns Lombardino's) with Sue Kirtan and Michael Banas. They are opening up a second location in Sun Prairie, though.

But yeah, the service at Tipsy Cow has always been terrible ever since the day it opened; last I heard they have a poo poo ton of front-of-house turnover including management.

That's either a sign of bad management on the upper end, an "any warm body" policy for hiring, or both.

I'm going to guess based on this bad management cost them the good workers, causing them to adopt "ok, did they apply and can they work the hours?" policy of hiring.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

iospace posted:

That's either a sign of bad management on the upper end, an "any warm body" policy for hiring, or both.

I'm going to guess based on this bad management cost them the good workers, causing them to adopt "ok, did they apply and can they work the hours?" policy of hiring.

The thing that boggles me about the Tipsy Cow is that I've never had a bad experience, service- or food-wise, at the owners' other Madison restaurant, Lombardino's. But every single time I've gone to Tipsy Cow, from the day it opened years ago to my most recent experience there a few weeks ago, there's been something wrong. You'd think with the owners' experience they would have worked out the kinks since they opened literally seven years ago; plenty of time to find and hire upper management who can crack the whip.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Timby posted:

The thing that boggles me about the Tipsy Cow is that I've never had a bad experience, service- or food-wise, at the owners' other Madison restaurant, Lombardino's. But every single time I've gone to Tipsy Cow, from the day it opened years ago to my most recent experience there a few weeks ago, there's been something wrong. You'd think with the owners' experience they would have worked out the kinks since they opened literally seven years ago; plenty of time to find and hire upper management who can crack the whip.

or it could be Madison's not a big enough city to have a deep pool of good restaurant upper management (or, they're poaching their good staff to go run the other location which happens ALL the time)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

BUG JUG posted:

or it could be Madison's not a big enough city to have a deep pool of good restaurant upper management (or, they're poaching their good staff to go run the other location which happens ALL the time)

You could replace Madison with a lot of cities and this sentence still holds. I live in Albany, NY and it fits perfectly.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Fenrir posted:

I live in Albany, NY

Talk About Owned

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Can you ship out some steamed hams?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bears have declined their option on Sitton and cut Freeman.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Interesting. I supposed Grasu could come back in at Center, and Whitehair could move to Guard. Or vice-versa, perhaps. Just wonder who they'll plug in to the other Guard spot. I believe right now they have a Cameron Lee.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Odd. Sitton had a great year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

warcrimes posted:

Odd. Sitton had a great year.

He is about to turn 32 and missed time the last two seasons. Not sure I agree with it, but I understand not wanting to commit the money.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Interesting. I supposed Grasu could come back in at Center, and Whitehair could move to Guard. Or vice-versa, perhaps. Just wonder who they'll plug in to the other Guard spot. I believe right now they have a Cameron Lee.

how dare you forget Pro Bowler Kyle Long

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Fire Grasu into the sun put Whitehair at center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mastershakeman posted:

how dare you forget Pro Bowler Kyle Long

Derp, that's what I get for only looking at the "final roster" on Wikipedia and not the IR list.

Dexo posted:

Fire Grasu into the sun put Whitehair at center

Grasu isn't a world beater, but if he stays healthy and has good guards beside him he'll be fine.

• Locked thread