Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Maybe they're afraid he's fetishising Asian women

They're worried he won't be able to talk her into a polygamist arrangement with an Italian girl so he can have his own little Axis family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Maybe they're afraid he's fetishising Asian women
More like they were hoping that those Asian girlfriends were just a phase and he'll finally come around to dating a nice, blond, blue-eyed arian woman that will bring glory to the fatherland.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Other possibility. She was never pregnant and there is no baby

I would bet baby daddy is back in the picture and she doesn't know how to bring it up to the family.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Palpek posted:

More like they were hoping that those Asian girlfriends were just a phase and he'll finally come around to dating a nice, blond, blue-eyed arian woman that will bring glory to the fatherland.

Good luck finding an arian in this century. Do Jehovah's Witnesses count?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Other possibility. She was never pregnant and there is no baby

If this was the case, the sister posting pictures of a baby after the birth just raises more questions.

I would have put money on some form of postpartum depression.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
It takes like ten seconds on GIS or facebook to find a picture of a baby you could pass off as your own if need be

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We haven't had a good self-own in a while:

[24F ] I "told on" a coworker [22 M] for not completing his assignment and was totally wrong. He has been blatantly rude to me since. Is this fixable?

quote:

Hi, I've had this issue since Friday. "Joe" is an intern where I work. It's about a 30 person office. He's been there since his freshman year of college and as a result is incredibly friendly with the bosses. He's already signed on to work here beginning in June. He jokes around with them routinely and well liked by the office. It's clear that he is incredibly close with the managers and head of the company.

A group of us were assigned this project. It involved completing a group of files and then transferring them to a dropbox. Last Thursday I asked Joe if he was close to completion. He said he was finished, and proceeded to sort of goof off the rest of the day.

He was talking about the Superbowl with our direct manager and talking about his weekend plans with the CEO. I walked by his computer and saw him browsing reddit, NFL, and Youtube. I came in early on Friday to check over my portion of the project. I upload the files and none of Joe's are there. The other departments were there but nothing from Joe.

This was a three week project with an absolute deadline. I confronted my manager when he came in. He told me that it'd be fine. Joe came in. Talked about going to the bars the night before with my manager and boss. He didn't mention the project, his files or anything else once.

At this point we're about an hour before the deadline and email the CEO asking to speak with him. I go to his office and inform him that Joe did nothing. Joe and my manager both get called in. It turns out that while Joes files were slightly different and had to be sent to another department that was assisting us on the project. That department included Joe's files as part of their upload.

I immediately tried to apologize to Joe, but he just said "Yeah" and walked out the room before I got reprimanded harshly by my manager and CEO. I tried to talk to him in the breakroom later that day and he looked me in my face said "Do me a favor and don't loving talk to me. Don't look in my direction" and walked out.

I thought he'd cool down by monday. I brought breakfast for the office and know Joe likes steak, so I got him a steak egg and cheese sandwich. He came in, asked a coworker who brought them in, and was told it was me. He suddenly "wasn't hungry" and threw the sandwich out while staring directly at me.

I tried to talk to him in the parking lot before he left for class Tuesday and he called me a "lying loving snitch" and accused me of trying to ruin his name to advance my place within the company

He's been a total jerk to me. Bumping me when he walks by if no ones around. He's been completely unhelpful over work related issues. I'll ask him for a quick computation and he'll suddenly forget and tell me to ask another coworker.

He claimed his girlfriend baked muffins and left one on everyone's desk but mine. I was the only person here when he was handing them out. He did this purposely and chuckled while walking away from my work space. He gave one to all the desk, skipped mine, didn't acknowledge me, started laughing and then put one on every single other station in the office.

This all on top of the general non-responses and coldness he shows me any chance he's not in front of management.

I want to tell management but was scolded for going to them over the prior. Now he's being a complete jerk to me nearly a week later. Is this fixable? Because I don't want to deal with this full time. I know I messed up but meant nothing by it. I just wanted the job done. Should I tell them again? It sucks having someone go out of the way to let you know they hate you

TL;DR Thought a coworker had blown off a project and went to management. I was wrong and it was saved within another departments file. He has been blatantly rude, and cursed at me in private multiple times. I want to tell management but was already reprimanded after going to them for the project

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love Joe

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Best d&d game I ever played was an all-orc party who were the apostles of orc Jesus / vanguard of orc revolution

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Found out my BF [24M] has gone all out for Valentines Day, and I [25F] feel bad

quote:

Hey guys, throwaway account since my BF also uses reddit.

So I have been with my BF for about 4 months, and as you all know Valentines day is coming up very soon. Now I am not really much for all the Valentines crap, been there done that. While I appreciate the gesture of buying roses and chocolates, after receiving so much of it over the years I just became tired of it. I would much rather something like a nice dinner or an intimate evening, something that focuses on the relationship rather than all the materialistic stuff.

So last month, my BF asked me to a nice dinner at my favourite restaurant. PERFECT! Neither of us earn much money, and the restaurant is pretty pricey so I figured that we wouldn't really bother with gifts. Hence I havn't bought anything for him. However, today I was over at his place while he was at work and I was washing a bunch of my clothes that I keep at his place. I decided as a nice suprise I would do his laundry for him as well. And as I was sifting through his pockets to make sure he hadn't left anything in them (I've put a phone through the wash, never again), I found a bunch of receipts scrunched up in a pair of his shorts. That's how I found out he had gone HUGE on the whole Valentines day idea.

Among the reciepts I found that he had bought chocolates, a stuffed animal, a bottle of wine, a bracelet, a card and an order of roses. This is on top of our dinner plans. I couldn't figure out how much exactly he had spent because some of the receipts had smudged, but from tallying what I could make out he has spent upwards of about $120 already!!!

In hindsight I probably should have seen this coming. This is his first ever relationship, and it will be his first Valentines day that he isn't single. On top of that, after spending a lot of time with him over Christmas I noticed he went pretty big on presents, having put aside money for presents throughout the year so that he was prepared. However, I figured that Christmas is a pretty big deal so he probably wouldn't go as hard for Valentines. Turns out I was wrong. He would have definitely been putting money aside leading up to this.

So now I am freaking out!!! I have got nothing for him, and can't really afford to get him anything until my pay comes in next Friday. Even then I will struggle to get him anything substantial, since the cost of rent absolutely kicks my arse. So I can't really match his gift (not even close) and I feel really bad about the thought of accepting it. And even though I don't care much for that sort of stuff, I feel like if I told him I knew about it and asked him to return it then it would break his heart. Which makes me feel worse, and probably the last thing I want to do to him on his first Valentines day.

So I guess I am looking for ideas on what I should do? I'm broke AF and probably won't have time to make something for him, and even if I did I would feel like a jerk giving him something handmade after receiving over $100 worth of gifts. I feel so bad even as I type this, I just don't know what to do!

tl;dr: Its my BF's first Valentines where he isn't single, and I found out he has already spent over $100 on me + dinner. I havent got anything for him, and I'm broke AF. I feel awful and I don't know what to do.

lol 4 months and buying lavish christmas gifts and making a huge deal of valentines day. Dude is desperate as hell.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Palpek posted:

[24F ] I "told on" a coworker [22 M] for not completing his assignment and was totally wrong. He has been blatantly rude to me since. Is this fixable?

You know the saying lady- “snitches don’t get home-baked muffins”

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

maybe she should have asked joe where his files were instead of going right to management and the ceo??

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ArbitraryC posted:

lol 4 months and buying lavish christmas gifts and making a huge deal of valentines day. Dude is desperate as hell.
Eh, he might just have more money to throw around than her. Like, four months is long enough that it's not unreasonable to get something nice and if his bar for "nice" is higher than hers she might be interpreting it as a more forceful gesture than he means it as?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

ArbitraryC posted:

Waiting for the followup where all those gifts were divided among 2-3 other women

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Eh, he might just have more money to throw around than her. Like, four months is long enough that it's not unreasonable to get something nice and if his bar for "nice" is higher than hers she might be interpreting it as a more forceful gesture than he means it as?

Christmas woulda been like 2 months into their relationship. The way she describe it also makes it seem like he doesn't make much money and is just saving all his funbucks to spend on her which imo would be a p awkward dynamic.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

big trivia FAIL posted:

maybe she should have asked joe where his files were instead of going right to management and the ceo??

Yes, but I mean that would have been actual professional courtesy.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Palpek posted:

I mean it's fixable but only by getting a new job, in a different city.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ArbitraryC posted:

Just give him a blowjob, that's all he wants

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

She wants to gently caress Joe.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Palpek posted:

Joe = the Pete of the workplace

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

big trivia FAIL posted:

Hell, even if you're really that paranoid, just bring it up to management once and it'll be their/Joe's problem if he fucks it up.

ArbitraryC posted:

Dude likes you enough to spend $120+ on you for Valentines, I don't think he'll care what, if anything, you get him.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Wait a minute, it's all a contrived neg by Joe to get in the OPs pants. That has to be it!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Vargatron posted:

Yes, but I mean that would have been actual professional courtesy.

LOL at the simmering resentment throughout that post.

He's friendly with his manager and is an intern.

People like him and he can talk about football and the sports game with the CEO.

She thought she had a golden opportunity to slam dunk on this dude and it waaay backfired.

He's still being a little bitch about it though. Dude's gotta take the high road. Give her the biggest, tastiest muffin and watch her choke it down with her sense of shame.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Palpek posted:

She's an idiot for not just asking him for a heads up but it's concerning that he ~bumps her~ when no one's around. That could escalate into something much worse.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Both suck. Pretty pathetic taking of the high road by bumping into somebody on purpose when you walk by and being as petty and vindictive as possible. She should have just waited a couple of weeks and apologised for being a dumbass. Now it looks like she's trying to weasel her way out of consequences by ingratiating herself. She's upset that he's still mad "almost a week later". Uhhh, a week is probably absolute minimum time to cool off from what his perspective is a blatant attempt to backstab him in front of management.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Palpek posted:

This woman is going to be a horrible manager one day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He sounds like a pretty lazy poo poo to be honest. She should have checked with him but it's easy to see why she thought he hadn't done the work . Even if you did your assignment, work isn't the place to browse Reddit and YouTube on your work computer. Find something else to do.

like postng on something awful

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I [15F] invited my big brother [24] to my sweet 16 dinner but our mom doesn't want him around her

quote:

I'm not really a party person I just want my birthday to he a small dinner with my best friend and family (mom, sister and brother). I don't see my brother a lot because he lives in a different state and I'm excited to see him and my nephew. Our mom is mad at him because 2 years ago he had a small wedding in Jamaica and didn't tell any of our family about it, he only invited hers. Ever since then, my mom has banned him, his wife and my nephew from our house. I was video chatting my brother on Messenger and he said that he wanted to come down and see me for my birthday. I told him that I was having the birthday dinner and he could come. He was concerned about our mom going off on him if she saw him there but I lied and told him that she said she would be calm :/ I didn't tell my mom that I invited him yet and I don't think I want to. I also don't want to tell my brother that he can't come because then I'd feel bad.

My mom absolutely hates him which is pretty sad since he's her son but she's very strong headed and if she doesn't like something you've done, she'll cut you off with no hesitation. I don't know what to do about this situation. I don't think things through!

TL;DR: I invited my brother to my sweet 16, not thinking about the problems that could arise between him and our mom

This will end well

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Our next word is "hiccup".

My boyfriend [27M], after a night of hard drinking, mistook the air mattress with me [29F] sleeping on it for a toilet. I forgave him but I can't shake feeling gross and a little violated.

I don't even know why you need the rest of the story here.

quote:

This happened last Saturday night. Throwaway for embarrassment reasons.

So it was me and my boyfriend at my future roommate's place along with another friend of mine and things were going well, nothing out of place.

Boyfriend started getting shwilly quickly, alternating whiskey shots and beers.

He was getting a little unruly; at one point he laughed at me for not knowing something and I had to walk away red faced while he chortled with my friends. All out of character for him, so I should have gotten the clue that he was getting way more drunk than usual. I didn't say anything about it because I was steamed; he eventually came over, we hashed it out quietly and the night continued.

He relayed to me later that he'd thrown up but for some reason went back to drinking. That's as far as his memory got.

Eventually, we went off to the spareroom and the large 3-part air mattress and sprawled across it, cuddling and fell asleep.

Later sometime, I heard him get up to go to the restroom. What I then heard was a confusing noise which then dawned upon me was the sound of liquid splashing a surface in a stream.

"What are you doing?" "Going in a can"

I had seen a large folgers can inside the room and figured my drunk rear end boyfriend was being a weirdo and going in the can for some reason; being too drowsy I thought nothing of it and started to drift back off.

He then proceeded to fall on top of me sideways across my hips and fell asleep snoring. After a while, I started to wriggle... and then a strange sensation dawned upon me -- I was uncomfortably warm where I was and even moreso uncomfortable wet when I moved.

He had gotten up from the mattress, turned around and subsequently pissed all over the end of the mattress and my feet, apparently and had pinned me against the mess with his passed out body. ..He also wasn't, erm, quite done so my midsection was dampened as well.

Not processing the shock right away, I wriggled out, removed my damp clothes, changed and shuffled off to a couch where I still hadn't come to terms with what had just happened.

I woke with the sun and went back to check on him to see him sleeping on the last inflated part of the three-part mattress with a pool farther down from him on the deflated part. I closed and left him for a while... still processing what happened.

When I heard him make his way to the bathroom to puke and lie on the floor, I quietly closed the door, asked if he had remembered everything and when he asked why the bed was all wet, I told him.

This resulted in a lot of "Oh god, oh god" crowing on his end and rolling around the floor, grabbing his head.

After hydrating him back to health, I told him this was all out of control; I didn't want to see drunken belligerence, I didn't want to see shot after shot from his end. Shots of liquor are what gets him (it can get me from time to time too) and I said I won't inbide in drinking that way with him anymore and that he shouldn't either.

We've had hiccups with fights when he's been really trashed but this one instance took the cake. Never had anyone randomly golden shower my lower half while I was sleeping, never had to get pinned on it either.

I told him I loved him and that I forgave him, and I do; I helped clean up what happened while he was throwing up and told him I would tell no one what happened, but that if anything ever goes outer limits again with his drinking that I didn't want to be a part of it. I also said I wanted us to have less insane drunk time and more actual fun time together.

I did most of the talking. He just listened quietly. I'm going to assume his lack of response is shame; he tried to make some light of it but I said that I was honestly not in the laughing stage of the situation yet. This will all probably be funny later but not now.

I'm not sure what my next step is; I know I forgive him but I can't shake this feeling feeling really violated and disgusted by it all. I figured I'll try to have a talk with him next Saturday. I'm concerned about his drinking and this validates my worry about it all. I still can't believe what happened

I feel like I'm going to be weird about it for a while. But I understand people gently caress up.

tl;dr: Boyfriend got blackout drunk, got up, peed on me and the air mattress where I was sleeping and proceeded to pass out on top of me. Talked about it, forgave him but can't shake feeling of being shocked and unsure about what to do.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Palpek posted:

How hard a was it to go to Joe and say ‘hey I don’t see your files in the Dropbox? Did you make sure to update them?’ or even just drop an email and bcc the manager?

But goddamn, I want to know more of what she said when she ‘tattled’ if she got chewed out by both the manager and CEO. Joe is being a little over the top dickish though.

Maybe I just miss the beauty of petty office drama.

E:

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [21F] sister [18F] won’t let us see her or her baby [1wk]

I feel like there’s some huge buried lede left out here that would crack this nut. But holy poo poo ‘Waverly’?! poo poo, my boss’s kid loved some kiddie show called ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’. I agree with who said it’s a great name... for a wizard.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 8, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Waverly" just makes me think of Winona Earp.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

Our next word is "hiccup".

My boyfriend [27M], after a night of hard drinking, mistook the air mattress with me [29F] sleeping on it for a toilet. I forgave him but I can't shake feeling gross and a little violated.

I don't even know why you need the rest of the story here.

Dump him.

quote:

All out of character for him

No.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

I could understand wanting to forgive an 18-20 year old for this, but 27? Come the gently caress on.

I'm dealing with my own r/rela situation. My idiot roommate keeps dropping cigarette butts and beer cans off the back porch onto the downstairs neighbor's patio and making a ton of noise keeping the next door neighbor's kids up at 3AM after they've both asked him to stop. The door to the porch locks from the inside with a separate key from the main entrance to our place, so I'm just having a friend hang onto the key until the lease is up at the beginning of March. He hasn't said anything yet so I'm hoping this situation just passively plays out until he goes away forever.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Buzkashi posted:

I could understand wanting to forgive an 18-20 year old for this, but 27? Come the gently caress on.

So you're saying you've never sandwiched your girlfriend between your passed-out body and a puddle of warm piss?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

chitoryu12 posted:

So you're saying you've never sandwiched your girlfriend between your passed-out body and a puddle of warm piss?

Funny story, that’s how my boyfriend and I met! :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Our next search term is "password", and thus we have a tale as old as time.

My wife [28/F] of two years wants all my [28/M] passwords and me to delete and stop communication with any friends "younger or who would be deemed attractive by average guy" - in desperate need of advice

quote:

I made a post yesterday about my wife not talking to me for several days. We'll finally found out what it was about.

when i was reading a message from a mutual friend i got on facebook to her she saw that a girl had sent me a message a month or so ago (old friend) who was actually congratulating me on getting married. she didn't see what the conversation was about but she's mad as hell i have girls on my friend list. she wants me to remove and stop talking to any girls that are "younger than her or whom the average guy would find attractive."

then she got even more mad because i didn't agree to it right away and said we would discuss it with our therapist. she said i should be able to make the decision on my own. i think it's unreasonable but i see her all weak and sad and feel bad. so i didn't commit one way or another but she's really mad that i didn't agree to delete girls from my friend list right away. i don't think i should have to do that but it seems she has given an ultimatum.

Then today she says she read an article and that married couples should have all each other's a passwords. She demanded mine and wants to read all communication between me and my old friend. I'm uncomfortable with this it seems like huge invasion of privacy. There was never anything between us except friendship and I would be uncomfortable with her even reading my chats with my best guy friend.

This girl used to be my dearest friend and I feel bad deleting her and cutting her out of my life entirely even though our friendship died down naturally after I became in a relationship. I have read it's normal to lose some friends when you start a relationship, it's definitely not because there was something more than friendship between me and this girl.

I don't know if this relationship sis repairable because she is set on the ultimatum. She accuses me of emotional cheating and saying she doesn't trust me to be friends with a girl. Seems unfair. I know it's hard for there to be true boy girl friendship without other interest but that's how it was. And it's not even like I am still friends with this girl. We hardly talk and we haven't sent a message in MONTHS. She just sent a message congratulating me on our wedding!!!!! And my wife is mad she also wrote happy birthday on my wall last month.

I don't know if we should split up now but neither has anywhere to go. We hardly have any extra money and my family is all far away. I can't afford to move out on my own here. We are new to this area too so I don't know anyone I could stay with. I could live in my car but I have a cat I need to take care of also. I'm not willing to give him up. I could go stay with my sister but she is across the country and I'm supposed to start a new job this week which is an incredible opportunity for me and I've been really excited and don't want to miss out on this.

I'm considering if I should just do what my wife wants until I am in are secure position to leave on my own. I don't want to lose this job

Please any advice appreciated thank you

tl;dr: My wife [28/F] wants all my [28/M] passwords and me to delete and stop communication with any friends "younger or who would be deemed attractive by average guy" - in desperate need of advice. Can't just leave, not enough money, no friends in area, about to start new job and don't want to pass up opportunity

I don't know how to get the size larger, but the bolded part is bolded and like twice the font size of the rest of the post.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

chitoryu12 posted:

Our next search term is "password", and thus we have a tale as old as time.

My wife [28/F] of two years wants all my [28/M] passwords and me to delete and stop communication with any friends "younger or who would be deemed attractive by average guy" - in desperate need of advice

I don't know how to get the size larger, but the bolded part is bolded and like twice the font size of the rest of the post.

Abusive Relationships for $500, Alex.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Why the gently caress would you marry someone who you are already in couples therapy with? I am assuming that is what happened because he was getting congratulated on his marriage. Why would you even consider going to therapy with someone that you aren't married to already instead of just ending it?

Also lol that the problem is that she issued an ultimatum rather than that she is loving crazy and controlling.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I (30F) found out that my mom (52F) has been spreading false info and making hurtful comments about me and my pregnancy

quote:

I’m 28 weeks pregnant with my first son via sperm donor, and completely single. My mom is not a fan of the whole scenario. I’ve been sort of clinging onto the hope that maybe she’ll come around, so I call and I text, and she’s just kind of mean and passive aggressive. I keep telling myself I’ll just stick it out, because she’ll come around when my son is here and she loves me.

I don’t keep in touch with a ton of people from my hometown. They have me on their social media and all, but we don’t really talk. Not for any particular reason, I just changed. My mom distributes a lot of info to them, which I appreciate so I don’t have to go to every person and answer the same questions five thousand times. An old friend of mine from junior high called the other day, and asked how I was doing, if I was holding up okay. I said yes, I was doing perfectly fine. She said she was glad, and started commenting on how she’d been divorced but she couldn’t imagine being left like that. I asked what she meant, and my mom has been going around telling people I got left by my boyfriend and I’ve been telling people about the sperm donor to feel better about the whole thing. I asked about the other poo poo she’s said and she’s also told people I’m due sooner than I am, and I’m naming my son Robert after my deceased dad. She knows I’m 28 weeks, she knows I’m naming my son Bo. I know Bo can be a nickname for Robert, but my dad hated nicknames and went by Bobby at the most. We’ve even talked about naming him Robert and how I hate the name.

She’s even told people I’m in the risk zone for gestational diabetes and that I’ve gained too much weight. My doctor approves of my weight gain, and she knows how sensitive I am about my weight. She’s even telling people about my bipolar diagnosis, which is the only honest thing she’s said. Naturally, she has to talk about how concerned she is for my son and how she’d never bring a child into a “life like that.” She apparently comments on everything, from how often I go to church (she doesn’t know that) to the kind of maternity clothes I wear. I’m just so mad. Do I confront her? Do I let it slide? What would I even say? i’m just at a loss.

TL;DR: My mom spreads false information about me and says really judgey and hurtful stuff about me.

The rare three generations r/relationship post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Palpek posted:

This one got deleted almost immediately, that buried lede though:

My (21F) dad (48M) installed a CCTV inside our home which only he can view on his phone, and he is going abroad.

Here is what you do: locate a small child who you know well enough that their parents would let them stay with you for a lot of the day. Dress them in clothes at least a century out of date. Have them play in the hallway all day, and leave their new toys (which you've bought) out all night. One of these should be an old-fashioned dolly, which you'll need at least three of. If you know an electrician, or are handy yourself, have them splice a power interrupt into the cord of the camera for bathroom breaks.

Make sure to walk through the hallway periodically where your feet just happen to miss the toys and kid. When you are called, tell them you don't know what they're talking about. From this point, hang a tablet right below the camera and play the kids favorite TV on it, so they appear to be staring into the camera periodically.

When they're coming back, undo everything and take the kid home. Hide toys in places he's likely to find them, but not right away. The dolly is the new elf on the shelf for your house. When it gets discovered deny knowledge. If it gets discarded, try to retrieve it from the trash, else continue with the next dolly. When you've reached the last dolly, start arming her with a dollar store razor knife, and fill the body cavity with chicken feet.

When the last dolly is inevitability destroyed, start leaving chicken feet around the house.