Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
As stated the go two stuff is the reflective bubble insulation. It will reflect out the ball burning sun in the summer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm in the Midlands, where are you?

Herefordshire, so not too far away :)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Grakkus posted:

Herefordshire, so not too far away :)

Oh yeah? What's the colour of the boathouse there?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

MA-Horus posted:

I would like to know how the conversation with Mrs. Tremek went.

"Honey, can we have a man I know from the internet live in a pop-up camper on our driveway for a period of time?"

On her own initiative, my wife offered to let an ex of mine move into our house for a while if it would help her get out of the abusive relationship she's in. I'd imagine if I just explained the whole story to my wife she'd probably invite him unbidden :shrug:

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

I'd like a WITNESS toque, please... if you can't tell by that sentence I live in Canada. Is a PM easiest for shipping etc?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

I would like to know how the conversation with Mrs. Tremek went.

"Honey, can we have a man I know from the internet live in a pop-up camper on our driveway for a period of time?"

She's been supportive of finding ways to help Dave's situation get better. Neither one of us wanted to see Dave get shanked by a hobo. Call me Kenny Rogers. We have been burned by helping miscreants before but Dave's been a perfect gentleman thus far.

Faerunner posted:

I guess it depends - is Tremek's wife a goon/familiar with the Saga of Dave? Because I can't see her putting up too much of a fight. He's a weird internet stranger but he's proven himself (mostly) harmless...

...the fire thing, though. I think I'd ban open flames near the methane source too.

(loving finally got around to reading and catching up with this new thread! Hostel adventures, gently caress yes)

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Well, the first few days I was here I spent in a motel, because there were concerns :v:

Granted, they have young kids and she knew about why I was getting the gently caress out of dodge, so there was definitely reasons on top of an unfinished house remodel and I dont hold it against her at all for being cautious

That was 80% about not having anywhere indoors for you to crash before you got your trailer, and then 20% making sure you're not gonna eat a kid or something. 3 little kids, WFH, remodeling hell, all this contributes to a lot of chaos around here, and I'm a poo poo human if I'm not looking out for family first.

PS polite reminder plz still do not eat kids/cat/dags, coyotes ok however

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Tremek posted:

That was 80% about not having anywhere indoors for you to crash before you got your trailer, and then 20% making sure you're not gonna eat a kid or something. 3 little kids, WFH, remodeling hell, all this contributes to a lot of chaos around here, and I'm a poo poo human if I'm not looking out for family first.

PS polite reminder plz still do not eat kids/cat/dags, coyotes ok however

I hope your kids repeatedly owns Dave like that kid in Florida did.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shortspecialbus posted:

I hope your kids repeatedly owns Dave like that kid in Florida did.

Not cool bro

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Hey, Dave is alive back in the forums!

So I'm up in Boulder but will be over in Commerce City tomorrow morning to work on my Yukon with my mechanic buddy at his shop. Inner and outer tie rods. Maybe do some other odds and ends on it.

Want to tag along? I'll buy ya lunch at the very least. Let me know if yer bored and want to do car stuff and get greasy with a couple of other dudes.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

As stated the go two stuff is the reflective bubble insulation. It will reflect out the ball burning sun in the summer too.

For a no cost version of this if you have a Pet Co anywhere nearby check their dumpster on occasion. When they get fish delivered the coolers the come in are wrapped in the stuff.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock posted:

Hey, Dave is alive back in the forums!

So I'm up in Boulder but will be over in Commerce City tomorrow morning to work on my Yukon with my mechanic buddy at his shop. Inner and outer tie rods. Maybe do some other odds and ends on it.

Want to tag along? I'll buy ya lunch at the very least. Let me know if yer bored and want to do car stuff and get greasy with a couple of other dudes.
He'll" yea'h

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Plan is to be in Commerce City tomorrow at 9am. I can pick you up. I just DM'd you my numero.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So it's already been happening I see.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So it's already been happening I see.

To be fair I think my oldest was encouraging him to eat the cat last night. We kind of have a 21st century Alf thing going on here. I figure my 6 year old knows someone that can't back down from a dare when he sees it.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 9, 2018

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tremek posted:

To be fair I think my oldest was encouraging him to eat the cat last night. We kind of have a 21st century Alf thing going on here. I figure my 6 year old knows someone that can't back down from a dare when he sees it.

That cat does look fukken delicious though

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gettin a ton of errands banged out, shipped out the last of the on hand beanies, hit the dollar tree, got some grooming supplies, food, etc. Gonna keep working on putting up the rest of the insulation I have, Tremek helped me apply for colorado health care, things are going well

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Gettin a ton of errands banged out, shipped out the last of the on hand beanies, hit the dollar tree, got some grooming supplies, food, etc. Gonna keep working on putting up the rest of the insulation I have, Tremek helped me apply for colorado health care, things are going well

Good stuff man

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

spog posted:

Oh yeah? What's the colour of the boathouse there?

Is that the UK goon equivalent of "do you have stairs in your house"?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

That cat does look fukken delicious though

Wood pat dat catte.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Free fridge owns

Hot plate quickly and easily boils water

Thrift stores up here own

:catstare:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I see nothing but good things happening tomorrow when we work on my truck. Nothing could possibly go awry.

Nothing will go wrong...right, Dave? You PROMISE nothing will reach flash point?

Also: my mechanic busted his hand up a bit, so are you cool helping with the tie-rod swap?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock posted:

I see nothing but good things happening tomorrow when we work on my truck. Nothing could possibly go awry.

Nothing will go wrong...right, Dave? You PROMISE nothing will reach flash point?

Also: my mechanic busted his hand up a bit, so are you cool helping with the tie-rod swap?

Look

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

You PROMISE nothing will reach flash point?

I mean, is your truck a diesel, because if so this kind of has to happen for it to run

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

wesleywillis posted:

Is that the UK goon equivalent of "do you have stairs in your house"?

Go and watch 'Ronin'

Trust me.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Leperflesh posted:

I mean, is your truck a diesel, because if so this kind of has to happen for it to run

It's a paltry gasoline engine.

Didn't the Jeep leak gasoline clear cross-country until it made it to Nebraska?

Also, I could have sworn there was a picture of Dave out on the sidewalk emptying the gas tank of the Jetta (??) into a bucket. Did that happen or have I inhaled too much gasoline myself at this point?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

19 o'clock posted:

It's a paltry gasoline engine.

Didn't the Jeep leak gasoline clear cross-country until it made it to Nebraska?

Also, I could have sworn there was a picture of Dave out on the sidewalk emptying the gas tank of the Jetta (??) into a bucket. Did that happen or have I inhaled too much gasoline myself at this point?

That was the AMX, and I was smoking while I did it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The mythbusters taught me that it's almost impossible to light a pool of room temperature gasoline on fire with a cigarette.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

The mythbusters taught me that it's almost impossible to light a pool of room temperature gasoline on fire with a cigarette.

True. The real danger is in casually lighting up a new one. "No Smoking" is easier to fit on a sign than "Please don't light up a new cigarette."

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

That was the AMX, and I was smoking while I did it

Look forward to a trip report tomorrow!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I was bored and took a kink test

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Thumposaurus posted:

For a no cost version of this if you have a Pet Co anywhere nearby check their dumpster on occasion. When they get fish delivered the coolers the come in are wrapped in the stuff.

Word? Like full size sheets or little pieces?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Word? Like full size sheets or little pieces?

They are like pouches a foot and a half square maybe but you can cut the side seams and have a flat sheet or leave it doubled up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would not want to dig around in the dumpster at a pet store.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Please change thread title to "21st Century Alf Situation"

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Dave, Keep the mod sass to a minimum so this excellent thread can continue. TIA. Wishes for your continued growth and success. Namaste.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

man just seeing dave looking so much better is amazing. this thread is the best thing to happen on the forums.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Crunchy Black posted:

Dave, Keep the mod sass to a minimum so this excellent thread can continue. TIA. Wishes for your continued growth and success. Namaste.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I am sending have sent you $50 for a BLACK THUMBS Beanie and Ballcap please sir and thank you. Those things are friggin' wicked. Will have relevant info attached on the Paypal transaction.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Douchebag
Oct 22, 2010

Are you a man of peace
Or man of holy war?

Something beautiful arrived on my doorstep today. IMMORTAN SENPAI NOTICED ME!!! :perfect:

• Locked thread