Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
i hope she takes a dump on his stupid gaming laptop or whatever the gently caress he has and then offers to replace it with an ipad of equal or lesser value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean the post specifically said that it's an allergic reaction so I don't think it's clown fear, as funny as that would be.

Who the gently caress else goes around hitting people with pies?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
From the laptop post:

quote:

Hi, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you so much for the perspectives, advice, comments and inbox messages. It's all extremely appreciated and gave me some much-needed clarity.

To those saying he might have done it on purpose, I won't lie and say it didn't cross my mind; I don't have any proof of it, so I won't outright accuse him, but it's definitely been considered.

To those asking if he typically shows controlling behavior in other aspects of the relationship, the answer is...maybe? He definitely has a bit of a "gatekeeping" mentality about some topics, assuming he knows best. For instance, the other day he held up a hand and said "this would just bore you" while talking to our mutual friend about bitcoin, despite the fact that I work in finance and happen to be extremely interested in discussing it on a deep level.

Anyway, I'm writing this out on my phone since my new laptop, the same Macbook model that he broke, won't be arriving until tomorrow. I paid for it myself and his behavior when he finds out will likely dictate the fate of the relationship. The point where it became clear he wanted to talk AT me instead of having a conversation was the point I stopped being interested in listening.

I know it's a little petty, but I dipped into my rainy day fund. I didn't buy one Macbook. I bought two. One will be for me and my use, and the other I'll be donating to the center where I work with a low-income foster children after-school program. I figure if I have some free time coming up (cough cough, if I may be single in the near future) I might as well spend some of it doing volunteering. Maybe hosting computer literacy sessions, showing the teens in the program how to use academic databases and put resumes together. Maybe just giving them something nice to play around with.

Thank you again to everyone who left something here and helped me see sense.

Edit: I've also decided that if he's willing to talk about this rationally and is still set on buying a PC, he can buy one and also donate it to the after-school program. That way, the kids will have a variety of options to use, he's putting his money somewhere that matters to me, and I still get to use my Mac.

:toot:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Inescapable Duck posted:

Who the gently caress else goes around hitting people with pies?

I mean I don't think he's crying because he's afraid of getting pied, he's crying because of some kind of reaction.

quote:

I cannot get pied by any means possible because the pies they throw at me cause an allergic reaction of some sort. I’m not gonna go into detail, but generally, I don’t go to sleep that night because I cry Throughout the night.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Works in finance but has a Mac? <glumly throws the story in the Bin of Lies>

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean I don't think he's crying because he's afraid of getting pied, he's crying because of some kind of reaction.

I’m not crying this is an allergic reaction!!! Better watch out or I’ll airsoft you!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Peter Rabbit 2 is already shooting? drat they work fast.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Can’t this guy just not open his door? He didn’t say they were breaking in or anything. If the pie-throwing kids knock on your door just don’t open it. But then he wouldn’t have an excuse to shoot them I guess.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
yes, the mac hater hatched a brilliant plan to destroy her laptop, and he would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for the :tinfoil: internet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Can’t this guy just not open his door? He didn’t say they were breaking in or anything. If the pie-throwing kids knock on your door just don’t open it. But then he wouldn’t have an excuse to shoot them I guess.

It's why I am assuming his airsoft is as real as the guy who was using pumpkins for target practice.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean the post specifically said that it's an allergic reaction so I don't think it's clown fear, as funny as that would be.

He's allergic... to hilarity.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
"Just don't leave the house ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" is a true goon solution

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Barudak posted:

It's why I am assuming his airsoft is as real as the guy who was using pumpkins for target practice.

Is there another story here or are you recalling the time someone came into TFR being weird, got run out for being weird, then actually killed a few people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Repost the guy asking if he's allowed to shoot a horse for being unsettled in his vicinity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

Is there another story here or are you recalling the time someone came into TFR being weird, got run out for being weird, then actually killed a few people.

The latter. Didn't he call them pupkins or something?

If you have a fantasy about shooting people with an "airsoft" its usually best to assume you've got a real gun and are unhinged as hell.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

"allergic reaction of some sort"

I know that it's probably a legitimate allergic reaction but I'm choosing to believe he means that his eyes water after getting hit with a pie.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Barudak posted:

The latter. Didn't he call them pupkins or something?

If you have a fantasy about shooting people with an "airsoft" its usually best to assume you've got a real gun and are unhinged as hell.

I think it was forbiddenforums in 2005 or 2006, called them puckins. He went out and killed a few people, then himself. Whole story was pretty hosed up.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Barudak posted:

This is dumb as hell

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

andrew smash posted:

i hope she takes a dump on his stupid gaming laptop or whatever the gently caress he has and then offers to replace it with an ipad of equal or lesser value

I hope she goes full Erin Brokovich and takes him to a magistrate for the cost.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I caught my[29F] housemate[31M] stealing my birth control pills, need to have a talk about him moving out.Non-Romantic

I've read that if you crush up half a birth control pill and mix it into your potted plants it makes them grow like crazy. Maybe that's what he's doing with them!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Admiral Ray posted:

From the laptop post:

This will solve itself as her bf gets increasingly insane, idiotic, and broke over Bitcoin.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Admiral Ray posted:

From the laptop post:

quote:

For instance, the other day he held up a hand and said "this would just bore you"

Holy poo poo. How would anyone with any self respect not kick him to the curb for pulling something so lovely.

Want to see how this plays out. Hope she Pete's his arse.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I cannot get pied by any means

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I hope the kids throwing pies at that guy (also a kid? somebody said 17) KNOW he has a weird reaction and are specifically targeting him.

Also that the weird reaction isn’t allergic at all but just that thing somebody else maybe said where he’s up all night weeping in terror, knowing tomorrow will bring another pie to the face.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What sort of allergy could possibly be triggered by getting pied? Aren't they like 99% whip cream (the sort people waste on throwing) ? A skin-contact lactose allergy?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What the gently caress kind of youth gang go around with tinted windows throwing pies at people, and where do I sign up? Do you need to bring your own pies or do they have a supplier?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Baronjutter posted:

What sort of allergy could possibly be triggered by getting pied? Aren't they like 99% whip cream (the sort people waste on throwing) ? A skin-contact lactose allergy?

I take it back. I mean, my hope for the scenario I described is still there, but I’d be more amused if the OP commented that he does, in fact, have a skin-contact lactose allergy.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Baronjutter posted:

They could be mixing something into the whip cream, like dish soap or bleach.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If I were a disaffected teen deciding to embark on a career of pie-throwing, I absolutely wouldn't be loving around with piles of whipped cream, I'd be hucking those 99¢ Table Talk minis.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Baronjutter posted:

I'm thinking a custard pie would have egg in o it. I'd they are straight whipped cream then I'm not sure it is possible.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Do they have a boom box blasting techno remixed circus music? Low-hanging clown pants? Colourful mohawk wigs?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

From the laptop post:

He doesn't want to talk to you about bitcoin precisely because you work in finance. Lol what's an SIPC insured brokerage account and how are trading volume and price fluctuation related?

maskenfreiheit posted:

I caught my[29F] housemate[31M] stealing my birth control pills, need to have a talk about him moving out.Non-Romantic

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the guy was going to steal the pills because he thinks he might have knocked someone else up and wanted to slip them a powdered abortion pill.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

my eyes start watering and I start shaking every time I think about the awful pieboys. Must be an allergic reaction.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Inescapable Duck posted:

Do they have a boom box blasting techno remixed circus music? Low-hanging clown pants? Colourful mohawk wigs?

Yes, no, yes.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Can't sleep! clown will pie me!

Can't sleep! clown will pie me!

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Pie kids for president

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

pie OP posted:

No, this kid in the backseat is sniper goddamn elite and can throw a pie like 20-30 feet with near perfect accuracy. They don't get out of the car at all.
Backseat kid is going far.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

cumshitter posted:

He doesn't want to talk to you about bitcoin precisely because you work in finance. Lol what's an SIPC insured brokerage account and how are trading volume and price fluctuation related?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the guy was going to steal the pills because he thinks he might have knocked someone else up and wanted to slip them a powdered abortion pill.

Seconding.

Like 3x a daily dose is the abortion pill.

He’s a cheap mofo though you can buy them OTC like Aziz Ansari

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

puppets freak me out posted:

I think it was forbiddenforums in 2005 or 2006, called them puckins. He went out and killed a few people, then himself. Whole story was pretty hosed up.

Puckins, and he was defending them not using them as target practice. He had Questions regarding the practicalities of shooting at kids who were destroying his puckin patch overnight but got run out of TFR for being crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

Questions regarding self defence

If you’re allergic those pies are lethal and stand your ground is triggered OP needs to get a few dozen AR15s with bump stocks and drum mags so they’re prepared to defend themselves