Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Well, there goes 2.5 hours, a few million gil, and any chance I had of sleeping tonight.

As a heads up, Mists Ward 15 has a few plots still open right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, i logged in, saw that literally the last open plot in Shirogane was a medium plot for 20 mil, thought "Oh nice, i got that!", teleport there annnd.... it's sold.

gently caress.

I wish i had gotten off work just 5 minutes earlier. If i didn't have to work 20 minutes into my break time, i could have gotten that. :(

edit: also all Mist 15s were gone as well, too. Of course.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Are you looking for a medium/large? I just logged on to check, and I see three open plots (9, 16, 24) available in the main part, and three (46, 52, 54) in the subdivision.

edit: almost forgot, the view is nice too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm over in Europe sadly, where maintenance ends at 11 o'clock during work time. The medium plot in Shirogane was in fact the last non-small plot left on my server, too.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

MotU posted:

ok serious gameplay question:

do i glamour maid head/chest/legs and use heavily armored boots and gloves

OR

do i glamour maid head legs, and hands and use heavily armored chest and boots

also is there a broom glamour for lances

I am a big fan of heavy armor on the arms and legs and light armor on the body. Maid dress+gauntlets and greaves, imo.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Well, there goes 2.5 hours, a few million gil, and any chance I had of sleeping tonight.

As a heads up, Mists Ward 15 has a few plots still open right now.

I'm glad you were respectful and put the mandatory Haurchefant painting.

That's a pretty good start!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I got a small house in mists ward 10 SW subdivision, there's a ton left around me too, in the 55-60 area. someone come be my neighbor

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
I assume all of shirogane has been bought?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

a cat youtube posted:

yes

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When was automatic destruction turned back on? Right with 4.2? Now I just need to wait 45 days from then.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I'm glad you were respectful and put the mandatory Haurchefant painting.

That's a pretty good start!

I have one of those.

Actually, I have two.

Maybe more than two.

A few of Senna, too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NachtSieger posted:

So how do you all do hotkey binds, like actual binds and not the skills? I play on keyboard and due to my hand placements I find it a bit difficult to reach farther past the numrow 5 and still be able to move around with WASDQE easily, and it feels not that great to only have access to half my bar, and no configuration of buttons I can think of is going to let me access the back half in a way that won't see me randomly activating things when I don't want them activated.

I use ESDF for movement. The turn keys aren't worth keeping around, you can turn with the mouse. 123456 QWRTAG ZXCVBN, then Shift modifiers of all these gives me enough hotkeys for battle abilities. I keep mounts, macros, and Limit Break on Numpad. I generally keep weaponskills on the number row, low-cooldown oGCDs and escapes on the second set of keys, and AOE abilities/utility on the third set of keys. High-cooldown oGCDs and situational stuff go onto the Shift modifiers.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

queeb posted:

I got a small house in mists ward 10 SW subdivision, there's a ton left around me too, in the 55-60 area. someone come be my neighbor

I might actually do this, on the off chance that there are any left when I head home in a few hours. I've held off getting a house because I'm not wanted to feel compelled to stay subbed to keep my house, but I guess I've been subbed for over a year straight now so I may as well lean into it.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

I have one of those.

:perfect:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

NachtSieger posted:

So how do you all do hotkey binds, like actual binds and not the skills? I play on keyboard and due to my hand placements I find it a bit difficult to reach farther past the numrow 5 and still be able to move around with WASDQE easily, and it feels not that great to only have access to half my bar, and no configuration of buttons I can think of is going to let me access the back half in a way that won't see me randomly activating things when I don't want them activated.

I use QERFCVXZG, 1-5, M4, and then Shift modifiers for everything, using WASD for movement. I also do something that's highly unusual: I unbind Spacebar from jump and use it for my primary skill (since it's relatively easy to hit and doesn't put as much stress on the rest of your hand). I rebound jump to M5, since you only rarely need to use it to actually move around.

This is what my SCH binds look like now:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

a cat youtube posted:

♫ Didn't get a house in Shirogane
Now you have to sleep out in the alllleyyyy ♫

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

NachtSieger posted:

I use standard movement with a) turn left/right unbound (always mouse turn, never NEVER keyboard turn) and b) strafe left/right bound to A and D. Then:

hotbar 1 is 1-6 Q E R T F G. Hotbar 2 is ctrl+1-6 Q E R T F G. Hotbar 3 is alt+1-6 Q E R T F G. Pet hotbar is shift+1-6 Q E R T F G.

That's been enough buttons for every job I've played so far.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am impressed that people still found a way to troll the housing system. Apparently people are buying up plots and then instantly demolishing them to random lock them so people can't purchase them.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I am impressed that people still found a way to troll the housing system. Apparently people are buying up plots and then instantly demolishing them to random lock them so people can't purchase them.

If any goons are searching for a pit to throw money into in such a fashion then just give the gil to me, tia.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

♫ Didn't get a house in Shirogane
Now you have to sleep out in the alllleyyyy ♫
Time to find a low pop server to get a house on shirogane

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

NachtSieger posted:

I got a mouse with a bunch of buttons so I use `, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8 and then shift and alt modifiers for my 3 rows and a couple of control binds for universal slots like lb and potions. Back when I was playing WoW and only had m3-m5 on my mouse, I used to use z, x, and c.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
My ward (beds 13) still has 18 lots of various sizes available. Where the housing rush at?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

I got a mouse with a bunch of buttons so I use `, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8 and then shift and alt modifiers for my 3 rows and a couple of control binds for universal slots like lb and potions. Back when I was playing WoW and only had m3-m5 on my mouse, I used to use z, x, and c.

Oh, yeah, completely forgot about tilde. I use that for Aetherflow on SCH.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Waci posted:

My ward (beds 13) still has 18 lots of various sizes available. Where the housing rush at?

I'd imagine that entirely depends on your server. Excalibur only had small plots available last I looked. I'd be surprised if they weren't gone by now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mymla posted:

I have one of those.

Actually, I have two.

Maybe more than two.

A few of Senna, too.

this is a loving nightmare

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

this is a loving nightmare

I agree. Way too much Senna.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Actually, Mymia, what is the floor/walls you're using in those images?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Actually, Mymia, what is the floor/walls you're using in those images?

That's the default Glade wall and floor.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mymla posted:

I have one of those.

Actually, I have two.

Maybe more than two.

A few of Senna, too.

A+ post

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why so dour? A smile would better suit that painting.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Wacky Delly posted:

I'd imagine that entirely depends on your server. Excalibur only had small plots available last I looked. I'd be surprised if they weren't gone by now.

There were a few spots in Lavender about 30 min ago when I bought my plot 2.

On that note, HOME OWNERSHIP!!1

Saint Freak posted:

Why so dour? A smile would better suit that painting.

:smith:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skaw posted:

That's the default Glade wall and floor.

Oh? Weird, has to be a lighting thing then. Or maybe I have too many rugs on the floor. Thanks!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Checked the wards on Mateus this morning about 8am. Tons of smalls still available, even in Shirogane. I saw a couple goblet mediums, even.

I really hope balmung reopening doesn't kill this server. I finally got the Shiro plot I always wanted before they murdered plot reselling.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hyperion has been experiencing a mass exodus for a long time, most of my friends moved to balmung right before it was locked.

Made it in this morning. Really looking forward to all the fashion contests and pizza parties!

The goon LS on Hyperion was really chill and i'll miss ya.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sade posted:

Checked the wards on Mateus this morning about 8am. Tons of smalls still available, even in Shirogane. I saw a couple goblet mediums, even.

I really hope balmung reopening doesn't kill this server. I finally got the Shiro plot I always wanted before they murdered plot reselling.

I would be super interested to see what the numbers end up being.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

NachtSieger posted:

I bind mouse buttons to alt, shift, and ctrl and then can pretty comfortable hit 1-5 and rarely 6.
A few lesser used skills are bound to ctrl+shift 1-6.
Then I've got three more mouse buttons and G and T bound as well

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

NachtSieger posted:

For a while I had a completely psychotic setup using the numbers 1-0 and the shift/control/alt modifier keys that basically required me to play with both hands on the keyboard to be even remotely comfortable. When this finally stopped cutting it somewhere in O4S, I finally retrained myself to use something sane: 1234, QERF, ZXCV modified with either shift or control. My black mage bars look like this:

Completionism led me to put basically every skill I possibly COULD use on here, but most of the stuff in the bottom row is used either rarely or never. I've got a separate bar on which the numbers 5 through 0 activate stuff like potions, food, and my mount.

The downside of this setup is that I have to use alt-Z instead of Z to draw my weapon, alt-C instead of C to load my character window, etc.

Oh, yeah, and I bound G to "target nearest enemy" and shift-G to "duty action".

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

They should make home ownership more realistic and have your pipes burst and ruin all your stuff every now and then

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Jose Valasquez posted:

They should make home ownership more realistic and have your pipes burst and ruin all your stuff every now and then

losing your home after 45 days seems plenty realistic to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

NachtSieger posted:

1-5, + ` for your main rotation ` for interrupts or something that gets hit often, like aetherflow.
Shift+ 1-5,` for finishers or other things that need hit often, but not as often.
R&T + shift R&T r is ranged, like shield throw or tommahawk
Numpad 1-0, = & ., whatever the side buttons on the razer naga are. Mostly buffs. When I hold my mouse, my thumb naturally falls where the 1 is. So that's usually my "oh poo poo" button (benediction, hallowed ground), the rest of the numpad goes to buffs and things and placement depends on how often they get used.