Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Jose Valasquez posted:

They should make home ownership more realistic and have your pipes burst and ruin all your stuff every now and then

The account of every player under the age of 35 is forever locked out from home ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

NachtSieger posted:

So how do you all do hotkey binds, like actual binds and not the skills? I play on keyboard and due to my hand placements I find it a bit difficult to reach farther past the numrow 5 and still be able to move around with WASDQE easily, and it feels not that great to only have access to half my bar, and no configuration of buttons I can think of is going to let me access the back half in a way that won't see me randomly activating things when I don't want them activated.

My binding philosophy is basically to have everything reachable from my left hand. Though these still aren't entirely ideal. Ctrl and Alt as modifiers can be somewhat difficult to hit in the middle of combat with perfect accuracy.

I try to keep the core rotation bits on 1-6 and sometimes Shift 1 and 2. AOE abilities tend to fall around Shift 3, 4, and 5. On casters, Shift 6 is always resurrect, and on everyone else it's a buff.
Q, E, and R usually have either very short CDs or oGCD abilities, F is always a ranged attack of some sort, C is almost always a movement skill, Z is self heal, X is always a short CD role action.
Other role actions and long CDs typically get put on Ctrl 1-6 and Shift/Ctrl combinations of Z and X.
T, Shift T, and Ctrl T tend to be where the level 60+ abilities wind up.

NIN and RDM bars as examples... kinda.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I only have strafe bound on my keyboard and I mostly move with my mouse :shepface:

1-6, qwerty, dfgh, zxcvb are all bound, organized by how often I press them. I use tab and ` for targeting, and I have alt and control modifiers for a few things that I press a lot.

I mostly did this because using lots of modifiers was hurting my hand, and now I'm just used to it. I pull good DPS numbers so I'm hesitant to change but my frankly my control scheme is pretty stupid and can make moving and targetting at the same time pretty impossible so I should probably fix it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Welp, pvp is still great

gently caress it, don't bother. Just sit in the center like this.

And if you're winning be a dick and camp the crystal but don't actually bother attacking it. Just drag this out as much as possible while jerking yourself off over getting a high kdr

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rosalind posted:

The account of every player under the age of 35 is forever locked out from home ownership.

Final Fantasy 14 lets me live out the impossible. Here I an be successful, be an attractive catgirl and own a home :smith:

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Bolow posted:

Final Fantasy 14 lets me live out the impossible. Here I an be successful, be an attractive catgirl and own a home :smith:

The only thing stopping you from being a catgirl irl is you

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wacky Delly posted:

1-5, + ` for your main rotation ` for interrupts or something that gets hit often, like aetherflow.
Shift+ 1-5,` for finishers or other things that need hit often, but not as often.
R&T + shift R&T r is ranged, like shield throw or tommahawk
Numpad 1-0, = & ., whatever the side buttons on the razer naga are. Mostly buffs. When I hold my mouse, my thumb naturally falls where the 1 is. So that's usually my "oh poo poo" button (benediction, hallowed ground), the rest of the numpad goes to buffs and things and placement depends on how often they get used.

I use ` for my push to talk in discord.

1-5 (or 6 depending on class) have combo buttons I'll hit and I have both alt and ctrl modify for the second row because I fat fingered them on an old keyboard and never cared to change it. I never hit more than 1-3 on the second row anyways. All movement keys are default and I use legacy controls. Beyond those few keybinds I pretty much click everything.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I am impressed that people still found a way to troll the housing system. Apparently people are buying up plots and then instantly demolishing them to random lock them so people can't purchase them.

People did this on all of shirogane on adamantoise. I purchased another plot becuase the ones I liked were full, but then relocated to the one I wanted after it got demolished. So yeah, congratulations to the rear end in a top hat who burned like 30mil to make me waste more of what little money I had. Got plot 53 in the ward where my FC has plot 60 though so at least I got the spot I wanted.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Potassium Problems posted:

losing your home after 45 days seems plenty realistic to me

Requisite housing decoration #1:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I hate rolling for loot. I hate losing loot by one point. I hate having to redo a long Sigmascape fight just to do progressively worse on my loot roll each time.

Haaaaaaate. :argh:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hate rolling for loot. I hate losing loot by one point. I hate having to redo a long Sigmascape fight just to do progressively worse on my loot roll each time.

Lootmaster or bust.

This is a joke don't hate me.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hate that the 1700 dps dragoon gets the same chance at loot as I do.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Your roll should just go from 0 to {your average fight DPS here}

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Requisite housing decoration #1:

You don't get anything back, or almost nothing back, if you decorated a house, right? It's mostly all gone?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Best part of owning a house is watching the rush for all the plots and then never seeing the buyers again.

Also it may be massively nerdy, but gaming mice with extra buttons are a godsend for this game. They take so much stress off the wrists since the thumb is doing the work.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 21, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Brainamp posted:

Best part of owning a house is watching the rush for all the plots and then never seeing the buyers again.

Also it may be massively nerdy, but gaming mice with extra buttons are a godsend for this game. They take so much stress off the wrists since the thumb is doing the work.

And they're the same ones that complained there isn't enough housing plots to go around.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It makes me real sad going into random houses and seeing just how many of them are totally empty

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

homeless snail posted:

It makes me real sad going into random houses and seeing just how many of them are totally empty
Yeah, my FC hasn't really done up the interior of ours yet but that's more a factor of "we've had it for like two weeks and most of them either have jobs or are levelling assiduously."

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

Really? Never tried that. That's freaking disappointing - probably just people waiting with the hope to resell at a profit and that blows for people trying to get one to decorate and use.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr. Leonheart posted:

And Arizona law

RME
Feb 20, 2012

got a small plot on Gilg
im too poor to decorate it rn

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Really? Never tried that. That's freaking disappointing - probably just people waiting with the hope to resell at a profit and that blows for people trying to get one to decorate and use.

You can't resell at a profit anymore. Once you release a plot it goes unbuyable for a random period of time.

Houses are expensive and a lot of people might not have the gil to decorate just after getting one. God knows I don't.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

You can't resell at a profit anymore. Once you release a plot it goes unbuyable for a random period of time.

Houses are expensive and a lot of people might not have the gil to decorate just after getting one. God knows I don't.

I forgot about the first part and the second makes sense.

I could have gotten a medium in Shiro but that would have left me with about 10k gil... so I got a small instead.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

You can buy some cheap loving furniture inside the housing ward + there are GC things, like maybe you'll have to save up to get whatever weird crafted set you want but at least put down a chair or something in the meantime jeez. Not speaking to you specifically, but to the owners of the 75% of houses that I enter that are totally undecorated.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still don't get why normal doesn't have a token system. You do O5, you get to roll for the cranks and poo poo and you also get an item you can acquire enough of to turn into a crank. Slower and probably not a good idea off the top of my head, but at least it's SOMETHING to make it feel like I didn't completely waste time. Especially in something like O7 where everyone is awful and it can take like 3 wipes.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You don't get anything back, or almost nothing back, if you decorated a house, right? It's mostly all gone?

IIRC if your house gets reclaimed while you’re away (after 45 days) you lose it, but all your removable furnishings and 80% of the gil you paid for it get placed on an NPC for you to reclaim when you get back.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What exactly can you do in a house? Is it like an inn room, but better?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Schneider Heim posted:

Erotic Role Play

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schneider Heim posted:

Aside from decorating it, you can put in various convenient vendors and workstations that can be used to give minor non-combat bonuses. The big draw for a lot of people is the fact that houses also get gardens, which you can use to grow various plants like Thaivnarian Onions that are otherwise ridiculously hard to get and which can sell for a lot.

If you don't want to shell out the big bucks for a house, you can also buy smaller apartments in the various wards that let you do similar things with less space. You can even get little flowerpots that mimic gardens, although I don't believe the big moneymaker (crossbreeding) is available for them.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 21, 2018

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You technically still can since it goes unbuyable but not un-relocateable, but your market is now only people who already have a house and want to move lol

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Reiterpallasch posted:

ast is great if you have a really good group (where layered raid support cooldowns dominate) and if you have a really bad group (noct is by far the best choice for solo healing if your other healer is an idiot). that's a pretty okay position to be in, balance wise. maybe it's not the best for your group--i'd actually say it's not the best for most groups--but it's fine.

for the record, i do think the succor buff for sch was a mistake.

the real ast problem is that it's clunky and unfun to play, because you have 37 oGCDs and you get to weave them all with...combust ii.

Honestly the real piss off for me above everything else is the PvP Draw. The fact that the cooldown is on Draw and not card use is such a middle finger. If Redraw reset with Draw and ast had PvP Draw, we wouldn't be pressured to do like 3 oGCDs in a row. It would really alleviate a lot of problems. And it even has MP return built in! Like if they can excuse the DB buff as a qol fix, I don't know why PvE ast is still limping along with lovely Draw when they litterally have a player friendly version already in the game.

Other 4 man buffs are probably not so hard to think of as one might think. Like, give Stella back and make it a mini aoe dot a bit like miasma 2. Useable at lower levels and not good for a GCD for single target, but still a good option for weaving. It's not hard.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Where do you get house vendors?

Edit: Like the good ones

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
You buy the snakes from the snake tribe vender with snakebux. Those are the good ones.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Where do you get house vendors?

Edit: Like the good ones

All of the vendor NPCs are sold by merchants in the housing zones, aside from the snake ladies which are sold at the snake lady fort in the Fringes.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

You can buy some cheap loving furniture inside the housing ward + there are GC things, like maybe you'll have to save up to get whatever weird crafted set you want but at least put down a chair or something in the meantime jeez. Not speaking to you specifically, but to the owners of the 75% of houses that I enter that are totally undecorated.

My house is currently a deluxe garden patch and nothing else, and will probably be that way for awhile.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I forget who it was, but somebody in this thread posted some pictures of a house they decorated almost entirely with stuff you can buy super cheap (a couple thousand gil at most) from merchants in the housing zones and it still looked really good. If the decorating bug strikes you, you can have a good looking home that hardly costs you a thing once the actual "having a house" part is taken care of.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Vermain posted:

Aside from decorating it, you can put in various convenient vendors and workstations that can be used to give minor non-combat bonuses. The big draw for a lot of people is the fact that houses also get gardens, which you can use to grow various plants like [bold] Thaivnarian Onions [/bold] that are otherwise ridiculously hard to get and which can sell for a lot.

Random reminder: if you are in dgkk, we keep thavnairian onions in the fc chest. Just ask an fc officer to grab one for you from the first tab. If there is any other garden exclusive item you want, send me (Your Buddy) a tell in game or a PM on discord and I'll see what I can do.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mr. Leonheart posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770547&pagenumber=1

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Leonheart posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU