Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

if 50 cops had died to save one single teenager you could say "well it was a tactical failure, but they did their jobs and were heroes"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sarno's most notable achievement is the development, diagnosis, and treatment of tension myoneural syndrome (TMS), which is currently not accepted by mainstream medicine.[5][6] According to Sarno, TMS is a psychosomatic illness causing chronic back, neck, and limb pain which is not relieved by standard medical treatments. He includes other ailments, such as gastrointestinal problems, dermatological disorders and repetitive-strain injuries as TMS related. Sarno states that he has successfully treated over ten thousand patients at the Rusk Institute by educating them on his beliefs of a psychological and emotional basis to their pain and symptoms.[7] Sarno's theory is, in part, that the pain or GI symptoms are an unconscious "distraction" to aid in the repression of deep unconscious emotional issues. Sarno believes that when patients think about what may be upsetting them in their unconscious, they can defeat their minds' strategy to repress these powerful emotions; when the symptoms are seen for what they are, the symptoms then serve no purpose, and they go away. Supporters of Sarno's work hypothesize an inherent difficulty in performing the clinical trials needed to prove or disprove the diagnosis, since it is difficult to use clinical trials with psychosomatic illnesses.[8]

:thunk:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i like to ask conspiracy theorists, if Jews were real, wouldnt we have heard about them or seen them by now???

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

mormonpartyboat posted:

man i wish i had a river to dip my rear end into

that musta been the life

It's not too late. Go dip dat rear end.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jack Del Huevos posted:

ah poo poo, i missed ska chat

a powerful self own

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

petit choux posted:

And BTW, speaking from experience, developing those chest and ab muscles is prob gonna totally preclude any ability to suck your own dick.

and lo! angels wept

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

to be clear I was just talking about the one cop who was there alone when it started

i could see it being confusing about which way to run or go

did he fall asleep or what

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

Nothing will make me madder than castilles execution

I felt Rice was worse the way he just was loving murdered before the cop car that almost ran him down stopped moving

The NRA didn't back Castillo because "he had weed in his system" is the talking point their spokes-snake Dana Loesch uses

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

She's a rich faildaughter. But at least a harmless one.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

apparently the thing blue line is actually a line segment, and thus only extends only around those wearing the uniform

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sandoz posted:

a police might be in... danger??????????

lol an RI state trooper almost ran me off the road this morning when I slowed down on a part of the highway where the speed limit drops 10 mph

gently caress the RI state troopers

buncha mounty cosplaying inbreds

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

it never stops being funny that cops 1) demand a higher level of respect than the average person because they chose a profession where they're asked to willingly put themselves into dangerous situations so as to save others from those situations and 2) refuse to do things because they're dangerous and run from armed people / shoot unarmed people because its easier to just deal with the paperwork than do the hard thing

I was removed from a jury pool in a murder case for saying that I believed that police officers should be held to a higher standard of behavior than other people.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i love it when chuds share this poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sandoz posted:

the actual beat cops showing up at the scene first should have been sprinting out of their still moving cars with or without guns or body armor or pants to throw themselves in front of the bullets

this is their literal job and training

lol you think florida cops are even in tip-top shape to sprint out of a moving car~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

when you think about it cops are the real mass shooters here

quote:

Police fatally shot 987 people last year, or two dozen more than they killed in 2016, according to an ongoing Washington Post database project that tracks the fatal shootings. Since 2015, The Post has logged the details of 2,945 shooting deaths, culled from local news coverage, public records and social-media reports.

While many of the year-to-year patterns remain consistent, the number of unarmed black males killed in 2017 declined from two years ago. Last year, police killed 19, a figure tracking closely with the 17 killed in 2016. In 2015, police shot and killed 36 unarmed black males.

Experts said they are uncertain why the annual total shows little fluctuation — the number for 2017 is almost identical to the 995 killed by police in 2015.

quote:

According to Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit organization that continuously tracks gun-related death and injury reports based on official records, there have been 345 mass shootings in America in 2017 alone.

:thunk:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nichael posted:

Eric Andre's travelogue episode to Paris is very good.

i have that on my dvr and keep forgeting to watch it because the olympics has interrupted all the good tv

besides baskets

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress that weird girl who can't ski but is at the olympics for some stupid clickbait reason

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/966392415732060160

infrastructure week lookin hot!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I was removed from a jury pool in a murder case for saying that I believed that police officers should be held to a higher standard of behavior than other people.

that's ridiculous, they are held to a higher standard = everything they stay on the stand is inherently true and must be believed

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeSCarpenter/status/966337408517181440

I hope one of the Parkland kids spits on our turdblossom POTUS.

that's amazing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/966392129504366593

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You are ten times more likely to be killed by a cop this year than to have ever been killed in a school shooting.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

*taking a deep long breath of air inside a garbage truck* mmmmmmm, sustainable

https://twitter.com/foxjust/status/966375495733579776

lmao at all the idiots in the replies who have no idea what rent control and public housing are, who are whining that the list is fake because it doesn't include cities like SF and NYC in the top 10

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmaonlennsylvenia sweltering

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

there was an on campus cop who poo poo his jorts because he didnt know how to make bullets cry while handcuffed to a principals chair

just wanted to say this is an amazing post

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

the actual beat cops showing up at the scene first should have been sprinting out of their still moving cars with or without guns or body armor or pants to throw themselves in front of the bullets

this is their literal job and training

their training is to go to seminars titled "bulletproof warrior" that teach them that every encounter with a member of the public is a mortal risk and that black men can conjure up pistols by simply moving their hands towards, or away from, their waistbands, or in some cases by standing perfectly still

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'll never forget just how energetic they were in their defense of Philando Castille, too!

yeah it was really noble of them

at first I was worried that they'd ignore it entirely when they said they wanted to wait for all the facts to come out, I mean they usually don't wait for anything! But when it was emphatically revealed from multiple sources, including the officer himself, that Castille did nothing wrong and he was executed for being black and a legal gun owner who complied fully with all commands, it was really impressive how they mobilized in his defense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg that's the Halloween picture

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

use my tax dollars to burn to keep those stupid vehicles running

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

It was really touching how the NRA came to the defense of Tamir though, considering that it was literally a state-sponsored execution of someone in an open carry state for the explicitly stated purpose that it was because they thought he had a gun, which he legally was able to have

and Williams, murdered after being SWAT'd for carrying an airsoft gun still in the package in a store that sells airsoft guns

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Elephanthead posted:

You are ten times more likely to be killed by a cop this year than to have ever been killed in a school shooting.

what are the raw numbers here

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I mean yeah I see the chuds insulting kids who survived a school shooting and my emotional response is aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:killing: but we're talkin about at least 60 million folks here. and the persistent, vehement denial of observable scientific reality is like a mental illness or bordering on it.

like they're legit sick and a decent person is (at least conceptually) maybe still in there somewhere. they just have toxic core values that they think are worth letting the world burn over because they have been brainwashed for years and years. it's like a cult and if there was just some way to break the loving spell on even half of em then we wouldn't be here. it makes me desperately sad. like wanting to alcohol poison myself sad. :smith:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

gently caress that weird girl who can't ski but is at the olympics for some stupid clickbait reason

shes the best olympic role model in decades op

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
cops are americas favorite street gang

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

fwiw she went to the requisite world cups and participated and got ranked as at least world's #30, the cutoff, because women's half pipe skiing is a very shallow pool atm

good for her, imo

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

brugroffil posted:

I could understand waiting until at least some backup was there, have 2-4 guys so you can clear rooms and have numerical advantage versus just charging in 1 v 1 over and over.

but sitting around with your dicks in your hand while children are slaughtered is hosed up

They are supposed to go in groups of three. That way you get a continuous stream of officers going in as more arrive on scene. That's generally what is trained now. A lot of departments keep active shooter kits that include plate body armor and med kits in all the cars now as well.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

this is the dude that fired comey because tromp too frightened to confront others right

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

where's a tornado when you really need one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Goddamn, the protesters already have 4 wanted stars.

• Locked thread