Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
wait is it really supposed to be a dig on google that they're at cpac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

anthonypants posted:

wait is it really supposed to be a dig on google that they're at cpac

Yes? CPAC isn't about business Republicans. It's about a regressive social and political agenda. It kinda undermines Google claiming to be an inclusive environment to be participating in conferences with people who want bathroom bills and a repeal of gay marriage and more guns for toddlers.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
boy howdy there are times i hate always being correct

i'd hope for a backlash against google going full white supremacist but i just can't summon up the optimism

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

what are they actually presenting, or is this just sponsorship

Stymie posted:

boy howdy there are times i hate always being correct

i'd hope for a backlash against google going full white supremacist but i just can't summon up the optimism

:yossame:

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I’m all the employees that thought it was a good idea to :justpost: on the company sponsored D&D forum.

that’s some high stakes shitposting - instead of risking a $10 ban you’re putting six figgies and a bunch of unvested RSUs on the line.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I bet googlers are posting on a xenforo 2

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dangling pointer posted:

that’s some high stakes shitposting

lmao but if i agree with it they shouldnt get punished right

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

brap posted:

lmao but if i agree with it they shouldnt get punished right

hr should go with the scorched earth approach imo

red text and my little pony avatars for all parties who were trolling or got trolled. play stupid games and win stupid prizes

I bet they have a great urban planning and traffic engineering mailing list though

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

dangling pointer posted:

hr should go with the scorched earth approach imo

red text and my little pony avatars for all parties who were trolling or got trolled. play stupid games and win stupid prizes

I bet they have a great urban planning and traffic engineering mailing list though

When it happens in your workplace it's not called "getting trolled" it's called "being harassed".

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Off topic mailing lists: Not even once.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

cis autodrag posted:

When it happens in your workplace it's not called "getting trolled" it's called "being harassed".

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Workplace Harassment Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Breakroom Like Focus On Your Work Haha

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

creationist believer posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Workplace Harassment Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Breakroom Like Focus On Your Work Haha

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
all just watercoolers under the bridge

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

dangling pointer posted:

I’m all the employees that thought it was a good idea to :justpost: on the company sponsored D&D forum.

that’s some high stakes shitposting - instead of risking a $10 ban you’re putting six figgies and a bunch of unvested RSUs on the line.

very likely 7 figures in unvested shares for many of them.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

SolTerrasa posted:

Hey Google what temperature should I bake a pizza at

"Place a pizza stone on a lower oven rack. Preheat the oven between 450 and 500 degrees F (250 to 260 degrees C) -- the stone needs to heat up while the oven heats. Large, thick-crusted pizzas might need an oven temperature closer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) so the crust can cook completely before the toppings burn."

(the toppings burn)

Oh no who could have predicted this

In his defense the crust is burned too

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cis autodrag posted:

CPAC isn't exactly the bleeding heart of the GOP anyway. It's the far right wing fringe of the party (where fringe is defined as "actually cares about conservative values" instead of "talks about conservative values so these idiots will vote for him to continue tearing everything down to give to his private sector masters".) there's way better ways to buy a republican congressman than to participate in or be a sponsor of CPAC.

the president speaks there so i'm not exactly buying 'fringe'

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
cpac is extremely mainstream, google being there is not weird. there's lots of companies who are officially there and don't want your attention, including ceos and board members of companies that are larger than google.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

anthonypants posted:

cpac is extremely mainstream, google being there is not weird. there's lots of companies who are officially there and don't want your attention, including ceos and board members of companies that are larger than google.

Well then, I think that calls for a name and shame campaign.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Rex-Goliath posted:

the president speaks there so i'm not exactly buying 'fringe'

the president eats a half dozen McDonald’s sandwiches every day and thinks that exercise will kill you faster because you have a limited supply of energy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He is the president and a billionaire while you're posting here. Checkmate libtard

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the president eats a half dozen McDonald’s sandwiches every day and thinks that exercise will kill you faster because you have a limited supply of energy

this reminds me of a thomas edison quote where he decried exercise and nutrition, saying "my body is merely a vessel for my brain" or something like that

he later died of diabetes

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A man far ahead of his time, rip

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
remember when trump had a checkup and the doctor said he thought it was a realistic goal for trump to try to lose ten pounds over the next year and every right-wing talk show host decided this meant that trump was only ten pounds overweight

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
So after android split the payment part of Google wallet into its separate app android pay, they have now decided to put it back together again and rename it "google pay".
But you apparently still need both apps installed for it to launch, if you launch the standalone ones it tells you to open google pay instead.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

google is Mental Illness, the corporation

at various times they show symptoms of autism, attention-deficit disorder, schizophrenia, antisocial behavioral disorders, and generalized mental deficiency

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sounds like what they did to hangouts/gchat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

google is Mental Illness, the corporation

at various times they show symptoms of autism, attention-deficit disorder, schizophrenia, antisocial behavioral disorders, and generalized mental deficiency

it's the manifest neuroses of its employees, which frankly stands to reason given their hiring preferences

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i forgot to mention the new one you have to unlock the phone, then unlock again the app with fingerprint or else, then put in a pin to pay.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's very secure, because you will never use it

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
sometimes i think google is rearranging their apps so much just to dazzle the investors

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

when cpac rolls around, the local craigslist casual encounters m4m fills up with older white men looking for discrete hookups at the national harbor with younger men

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Celexi posted:

So after android split the payment part of Google wallet into its separate app android pay, they have now decided to put it back together again and rename it "google pay".
But you apparently still need both apps installed for it to launch, if you launch the standalone ones it tells you to open google pay instead.

lmebo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

stanford – only the best and brightest fffFfggVvvsbdnnnmcdjjensn

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Bulgakov posted:

stanford – only the best and brightest of those who attend stanford

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
e: oops

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

btw, tim cook fundraises with right wing republicans all the time, including paul ryan. this is about getting free taxpayer money to open data centres in said republican states and pay lower wages, while hoping to kiss enough rear end that they’ll also support visa programs that allow enough skilled immigrants that they can lower wages further.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this is incredible. making a mans penis bigger is just assumed to be the highest esteem in life. and thus penis size is presumed to be the most important indication of anything.

and from this solid foundation of penis insecurity we make a massive leap to... virgin pussy being able to magically jelq better than years and years of virgin self-jelqing with ones hand.

does this work with virgin goat pussy too? or is it only human women that should have elaborate social institutions constructed around them to elongate men’s pebises? so that dudes can go back out into the world to fight for justice, saying, “behold, i’ve enslaved a young girl with untouched loins and now present to you my resulting 4 and 1 quarter inch erect penis! now that i’m so endowed let’s get to the business of making this world right!”

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

nooo noo please don’t marry me and make my penis bigger. ugh. this will ruin my trousers.

no you come along now i’m increasing your penis length whether you like it or not!!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you okay buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he has a tiny penis and wishes he married a virgin

• Locked thread