Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the best part of the holmes/theranos story is that her dad was a high level muckity-muck at enron

once you have access to that particular bit of information, everything about the story suddenly makes perfect sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also lol the (current) secretary of defense was on the theranos board while the fraud was happening

here it is

https://twitter.com/AASchapiro/status/973972496448974849

this gon be good

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
if only this were occurring in the timeline where things matter

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

absolutely nothing will happen to mattis cmon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this is pretty small potatoes by the standards of trump administration shitfuckery yeah. especially in a week where firing the secretary of state was not even the craziest/worst thing that happened

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

qirex posted:

what do crypto wrist eagles look like?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

ghostface shilla

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/973988998300479496

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the vape says 2018 but the picture quality says 1998 lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wuguu

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FMguru posted:

the best part of the holmes/theranos story is that her dad was a high level muckity-muck at enron

once you have access to that particular bit of information, everything about the story suddenly makes perfect sense

lol. jfc.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
equifax CIO charged with insider trading for selling his shares before the big breach was publicly announced

https://mobile.twitter.com/ampressman/status/973939476123746306

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well, that’s why shares are usually only sold on a schedule and when you see suspicious looking trades it’s almost always due to a scheduled sell.

that’s like the easiest thing to prove

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
other people connected to theranos

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

my bitter bi rival posted:

between the sock hop joint and his infatuation with recapturing the optimism of the space age, and having already established that hes one of the worst kind of annoying nerds, is it possible that Elon is just one of those Wrong Generation dorks that really wishes he was alive in the 50s/60s

he's 100% a rockabilly aka the worst kind of trashperson

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bhodi posted:

I have to give serious props to musicians who instantly sell out and hustle for poo poo like that, take their money just loving take it and run and laugh about it the next day

fire festival ftw lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hillary gonna kiss the 'kiss

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

always good to have a war criminal on your investor roster

no not that one the other one

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

hobbesmaster posted:

well, that’s why shares are usually only sold on a schedule and when you see suspicious looking trades it’s almost always due to a scheduled sell.

that’s like the easiest thing to prove

I would assume if it was provable in this case, there wouldn't be charges, but instead a finished investigation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I would assume if it was provable in this case, there wouldn't be charges, but instead a finished investigation.

erm, right. i'm just saying its incredibly obvious when an executive inside trades. like in this case

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

erm, right. i'm just saying its incredibly obvious when an executive inside trades. like in this case

Yeah the SEC has a really easy job sometimes

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

hobbesmaster posted:

Right on, same page bros! :hi5:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
ahahahahhahah

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
forms 4 :allears:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

YES

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

rjmccall posted:

yes, if you are the sort of person who thinks the number 14 is always a reference to hitler, you are probably also traumatized by the phrase "red pill"

'no it just means cheap', rjmccall getting push-back on his new .ly domain

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

uh i believe you'll find that hilary is very leftist and is only attempting to tackle literal war criminal henry kissinger to the ground

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

is this real?? i know he was trying to buy it but lol

i love that theonion is basically no longer satire in a world that outsatires itself every day hour so its hard to tell

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/974032277134028804

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

ohhhhh i love me some jesse singal in the thread

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Xaris posted:

is this real??

search ur heart

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

fritz posted:

'no it just means cheap', rjmccall getting push-back on his new .ly domain

:drat:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

oh my god lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol put it on her tombstone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
death of retail, cont'd

quote:

Toys R Us to close all 800 of its U.S. stores

Toy store chain Toys R Us is planning to sell or close all 800 of its U.S. stores, affecting as many as 33,000 jobs as the company winds down its operations after six decades, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The news comes six months after the retailer filed for bankruptcy. The company has struggled to pay down nearly $8 billion in debt — much of it dating back to a 2005 leveraged buyout — and has had trouble finding a buyer. There were reports earlier this week that Toys R Us had stopped paying its suppliers, which include the country’s largest toy makers. On Wednesday, the company announced it would close all 100 of its U.K. stores. In the United States, the company told employees closures would likely occur over time, and not all at once, according to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss internal deliberations.

Toys R Us, once the country’s preeminent toy retailer, has been unable to keep up with big-box and online competitors. The recent holiday season dealt another blow to the embattled company, which struggled to find its footing even as the retail industry racked up its largest gains in years. In January, the retailer announced it would close 182 U.S. stores, or about one-fifth of its remaining Toys R Us and Babies R Us locations.
33k jobs, ouch. all hail the trump economy

geoffrey the giraffe could not be reached for comment. he was reportedly looking for a ceiling beam or tree branch high up enough to hang himself from

e: from the end of the article

quote:

“We know that customers are willing to pay more for an enjoyable experience — just look at the lines at Starbucks every day — but Toys R Us has failed to give us anything special or unique,” Kelly O’Keefe, a professor of brand management at Virginia Commonwealth University, told The Post earlier this year. “You can find more zest for life in a Walgreens.”
all i can say about that last comment is - nice!

and i suspect tru's troubles had more to do with $8bn in unserviceable debt from a botched lbo a decade ago than a failure to provide sufficient zest for life, but branding experts gotta brand i guess

FMguru fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 15, 2018

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
corporate raiders gonna raid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/910002403298217985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if they had stuck with 1988 this whole bankruptcy thing would have never happened