Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i know i said this before in the thread, but every so often i wonder if andy being horrible at everything is an active form of rebellion against his father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

get that OUT of my face posted:

i know i said this before in the thread, but every so often i wonder if andy being horrible at everything is an active form of rebellion against his father

Nah, he's just another failson

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Nah, he's just another failson
if that were the case, then he'd be actively cruising on his father's legacy instead of constantly making GBS threads on it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/974401855768944640

I really REALLY hope she wins the primary.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:same:

speaking of which I’ve got to sign the petition to get her on the ballot

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

wow some of the replies on there are really hosed up.

Might have to get back on twitter and get with the cyberbullying

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's cool that she got a profile even though it's from the same website that made the completely idiotic video about how you're a racist if you say the word "marijuana"

unbutthurtable posted:

wow some of the replies on there are really hosed up.

Might have to get back on twitter and get with the cyberbullying
please don't. also are you going to the happy hour at Doyle's Corner? i'll be there for the first hour

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
RIP Louise Slaughter.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

RIP Louise Slaughter.
wednesday's City & State morning news roundup mentioned she fell and got a concussion, with her chief of staff responding by saying that she's "tough as nails"

Congresswoman Not So Tough After Dying

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I am so loving shocked.

https://twitter.com/FrankLlewellyn/status/975086720621391873

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

it's cool that she got a profile even though it's from the same website that made the completely idiotic video about how you're a racist if you say the word "marijuana"

please don't. also are you going to the happy hour at Doyle's Corner? i'll be there for the first hour

I ended up getting there a little after you, I think. Someone told me there was a goon asking for me

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

but this is all the local media will ever talk about the issue because cuomo could shoot up a homeless shelter and get away with it, just as long if he blames deblasio

unbutthurtable posted:

I ended up getting there a little after you, I think. Someone told me there was a goon asking for me
ah then we missed each other, i left a little after 7

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/CynthiaNixon/status/975794613221982209

HERE WE GOOOOOOO

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the Kushners were lying about not owning any rent-regulated apartment units

whatever punishment they get will effectively be a "cost of doing business" measure

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

count me in.

https://twitter.com/JonCampbellGAN/status/975799514987712517

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i'm going to donate to miranda

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sure are gonna be a lot of cheesy, hacky sex and the city jokes in the next six months, but that's a small price to pay for someone who's doing her best to stick it to that fucker cuomo. i have doubts that she'll even reach the share of the votes that Teachout got, in spite of legitimate voter dissatisfaction with the incumbent

seriously, why can't we have gubernatorial term limits like civilized states? i suppose that could have been a priority in a constitutional convention but we all know the bad was gonna outweigh the good there

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Badger of Basra posted:

how did staten island become republican island anyway? did they used to vote for democrats and flip or is it like upstate where they've voted republican since 1860
It's a weird place, but it's pretty similar to a lot of blue-collar exurb places with a lot of Italian and Irish American catholics. Think white firefighters and cops and troops. It's generally leaned republican but racebaiting Trump was really their jam.

ex-FBI and ex-Marine Michael Grimm getting questioned about campaign finance fuckery and getting caught on camera telling the reporter he was going to break him in half and throw him off the balcony if he did that again was peak Staten Island IMO. (he eventually went to prison for tax evasion, but he's trying to make a comeback)

pangstrom has issued a correction as of 15:55 on Mar 20, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cynthia nixon seems good and cool imo even if i hated her show

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/976116873485078530

already throwing bombs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This is about the only pro-Cuomo piece I can remember reading so it might be worth giving a read to prepare for his pitch.

To be clear, I am anti-Cuomo.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It is very confusing to have another politician named "Nixon"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yeah, Jay Nixon was governor of Missouri and during Ferguson when he was in the news a lot it threw me off for a while.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I've been really impressed with what Nixon is doing.

She has also been consistently speaking out against the Israeli apartheid regime for at least a decade.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

quote:

The train hurtled to a stop and the media mob swayed. Earlier on in the day, Pendergrass and Nixon exchanged a laugh. Asked about it later on, the Brooklyn native recalled the line she had delivered to her new celebrity-politician friend.

“Everybody in the city is having sex, but tenants not getting any,” said Pendergrass. “We’re getting screwed over.”

We’ve got a campaign slogan everyone.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Gillibrand rushed to endorse Cuomo. :smith:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
That was pretty forseeable.

Over Easy posted:

I've been really impressed with what Nixon is doing.

She has also been consistently speaking out against the Israeli apartheid regime for at least a decade.
I hope she leans into this one. Not just for purity politics or whatever, she's going to get bashed with it anyway so she might as well own it. It's not an opinion Serious people are supposed to have to get into the Serious places but that velvet rope has been fraying a lot over the last 10 years.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gillibrand's endorsed some progressive challengers for congress but i guess it doesn't extend to her own state. at least she didn't go the route of christine quinn by calling her a "shameful lesbian" or whatever the gently caress. it's good that she apologized but i still don't like her

Over Easy posted:

foreign policy views have absolutely nothing to do with being governor of a US state, and if someone brings this up as a smear i hope she says something to that effect. not saying the issue's not important but it's kind of irrelevant for this office unless you wanna tell Dov Hikind to pound sand on a daily basis (which i endorse)

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 02:53 on Mar 21, 2018

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

gillibrand's endorsed some progressive challengers for congress but i guess it doesn't extend to her own state. at least she didn't go the route of christine quinn by calling her a "shameful lesbian" or whatever the gently caress. it's good that she apologized but i still don't like her

foreign policy views have absolutely nothing to do with being governor of a US state, and if someone brings this up as a smear i hope she says something to that effect. not saying the issue's not important but it's kind of irrelevant for this office unless you wanna tell Dov Hikind to pound sand on a daily basis (which i endorse)

that doesn't stop the New York State government from trying to prosecute people who protest Israel

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
there aren't embassies in each of our sister cities? :ohdear:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"Unqualified lesbian", which is hilarious and offensive (among other things, I think Nixon's bi).

majormonotone posted:

that doesn't stop the New York State government from trying to prosecute people who protest Israel

Hey, after a bit of pushback from her constituents, at least Gillibrand withdrew from supporting that one on the federal level.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

majormonotone posted:

i gotta say, i'm so swamped with all the poo poo cuomo's pulled over the past 8 years that i completely forgot the BDS free speech ban

edit: anyone who's in New Kings Democrats (powercrazy, i'm looking at you) should go to the candidate endorsement forum on 4/5 at the mayday space at 7pm. of particular note: both Yvette Clarke and her challenger Adem Bunkeddeko will be there. Clarke strikes me as a do-nothing type so i'd like for Adem to wow me

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Mar 21, 2018

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

does anyone know of any good round ups on cuomo so i can get educated about how terrible he is?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

King Louie posted:

does anyone know of any good round ups on cuomo so i can get educated about how terrible he is?
for starters, practically all of his campaign finance for this election has been from big-money donors. and as Nixon said, he even got a five-digit donation from the Koch Bros. in his first run for governor

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Let me quote myself from the State-level election thread, because I'm such a narcissist:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

One of the problems with Cuomo is that his "fix the MTA" and "fix the NYCHA" and "fix Upstate" all end up being "I will undermine whoever is doing it now, swoop into the rescue, then funnel public money at my cronies to ostensibly do it with as little oversight and follow-through I can get away with." There's a big set of trials in Albany, most recent one leading to a conviction on half the counts, of his various associates related to Upstate ventures which have consistently flopped.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Not really a surprise. If there is anyone that Gillibrand owes an enormous debt to in politics, it’s cuomo. She’ll kiss the ring as long As she has to.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Let me quote myself from the State-level election thread, because I'm such a narcissist:
lmao even evilweasel thinks cuomo sucks. that's pretty much all the proof you need

please fill us in on how he pulls the same poo poo with upstate as he does with NYC, because all i hear about is what's going on here. does he also get into regular slapfights with mayors and county executives there?

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Mar 21, 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

King Louie posted:

Here’s Harold Meyerson’s good, short summary of why Cuomo’s first term was abysmal - Democrats Need to Replace Andrew Cuomo

Also see this piece, New York’s Fiscal Purgatory, on Cuomo’s firm commitment to austerity logic which has led to teacher layoffs and service rollbacks.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

machine respect machine.

can't wait to move back to new york to get super frustrated at local politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's disappointing to see gillibrand do that considering that she's been hedging her bets on more progressive candidates in primaries in other states. don't poo poo where you eat, as they say