Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A good source of arrows is the vendor by the horseback archery camp. I don't know if anybody knows what determines whether a vendor will restock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Iirc another good way to get arrows is doing a run from the tower up to Zora's domain. Nearly if not all the enemies along that path drop arrows when killed for some reason, even the ones that don't have bows

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Vendors apparently restock when you spend at least a night sufficiently distant from their location. As previously mentioned, though, they won't restock arrows if you're carrying too many arrows at the time.

For the absolutely most /boring/ way to stock up on Arrows: Once you've done Eventide Island, there's a chest in a pool on a small island to the southeast.

The chest contains 10 arrows.

The chest also restocks every time it loads.

If you don't have the DLC's travel medallion, and need to glide to the island from Eventide, I am hard-pressed to think of a more boring way to get 999 arrows for free. Having the travel medallion makes it a lot quicker, but still extremely boring.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 17, 2018

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Is the snowball game more efficient than Super Gut Check? I can get 200-300 rupees per minute on that one

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Farming shards from Farosh is the best way to make money, just set up a camp fire in the cave behind his spawn and snipe him every morning
video guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsNVxsWfFI

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think an efficient and fun method is going hunting in hebra for gourmet meat

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Runcible Cat posted:

Did you pick up the scale it drops?

Yeah, the scale dissolved into the water to unlock the shrine and give me an orb.

Was there supposed to be more? I was half expecting like multiple orbs or something so i could get an instant heart/stamina upgrade.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is my go to method - pretty profitable and a lot more enjoyable than other options. I just start at the top and glide down, stopping to murder whatever I see.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's what I did, until I discovered someone made a script for the Teensy that automates snowling.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah I never ever felt the need to "farm" for money. If I couldn't afford something I just did something else. As long as you're picking up everything and murdering all the local wild life you'll eventually have whatever money you need.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Kin posted:

Yeah, the scale dissolved into the water to unlock the shrine and give me an orb.

Was there supposed to be more? I was half expecting like multiple orbs or something so i could get an instant heart/stamina upgrade.

No, don't worry about it, I was was being dim and forgot that's how you open the shrine. The dragons are cool things rather than major rewards.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I just sold gems. I know they are used for upgrades, but if you're breaking lodes often enough you'll have a steady supply. The gerudo that buys them for more is a great way to get money fast.

I've never had less gems than I needed anyway, so selling them was the best way to get cash.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I’ve been spending a lot of money on arrows while I do the Champion’s Ballad and I get a little anxious every time my rupee total drops below 1,000, but then I remember that I have like twenty diamonds just sitting there if things ever come to that.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I set up the teleporter thing from the dlc in the cave near the farrosh spawn and now the fucker won’t spawn in the morning. Is this a known glitch? I mean, I’m more than cool on money at the moment and basically am ready to fight Ganon and or do my dlc quests in master mode, but that’s kind of hosed up.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Can weapons that are sitting out in the open have modifiers? Or is it only for weapons from enemies/chests?

I was thinking about how handy it would be to have an iron sledgehammer with durability up on it but I'm curious if the ones I've been grabbing by my house don't have modifiers because I just haven't gotten lucky enough yet or if it's just not possible. It's not like a huge deal either way since I can always just teleport home and grab another one, I'm just curious.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

housefly posted:

So I set up the teleporter thing from the dlc in the cave near the farrosh spawn and now the fucker won’t spawn in the morning. Is this a known glitch? I mean, I’m more than cool on money at the moment and basically am ready to fight Ganon and or do my dlc quests in master mode, but that’s kind of hosed up.

something's kinda hosed if you teleport or load up a save near where dragons spawn. think of another way to force a time change

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wrist Watch posted:

Can weapons that are sitting out in the open have modifiers?

Yes.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

maltesh posted:

For the absolutely most /boring/ way to stock up on Arrows: Once you've done Eventide Island, there's a chest in a pool on a small island to the southeast.

The chest contains 10 arrows.

The chest also restocks every time it loads.

If you don't have the DLC's travel medallion, and need to glide to the island from Eventide, I am hard-pressed to think of a more boring way to get 999 arrows for free. Having the travel medallion makes it a lot quicker, but still extremely boring.

You can just save and reload right next to it, too.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

something's kinda hosed if you teleport or load up a save near where dragons spawn. think of another way to force a time change

Oh I was setting up wood in the cave and doing it that way. It worked when I first set the teleporter, but not since.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

housefly posted:

Oh I was setting up wood in the cave and doing it that way. It worked when I first set the teleporter, but not since.

Put the teleporter a bit deeper into the cave ( just by a few steps closer towards the electric keese but you still don’t need to be close enough to activate them) and it should work fine. It’s some kind of perimeter thing. It happens on an area that looks towards the mountain where the ice dragon spawns (even though you are at least 2 in game miles away from the spawning point) but if you move the teleporter another 10 feet away it all works.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Put the teleporter a bit deeper into the cave ( just by a few steps closer towards the electric keese but you still don’t need to be close enough to activate them) and it should work fine. It’s some kind of perimeter thing. It happens on an area that looks towards the mountain where the ice dragon spawns (even though you are at least 2 in game miles away from the spawning point) but if you move the teleporter another 10 feet away it all works.

Weird. Ok I’ll give that a shot. Really I’m at the end game of master mode (I’m not collecting everything this time) so it’s pretty much a moot point. Still nice to know.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I set it up in the cave by the shrine and just swim up the waterfall

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Re: old posts

Wrist Watch posted:

I held off on getting this for Wii U because I foolishly assumed it would be the inferior version (and the way I handle games I’m interested in is to go in full information blackout mode so I had no way of knowing that version was perfectly fine), but I picked up a switch and this + splatoon 2 just after new years.

Holy hell, this is easily one of the best games I’ve ever played. According to my switch profile I’m over a hundred hours in and at literally no point have I felt uninspired or bored, there’s just so much stuff to do. I wound up doing the gerudo beast first after discovering the area wandering into the mountains east of there looking for ores, and afterwards just kept exploring. I only started tackling the rest of them after checking my profile and discovering I already had 65 hours of game time. I can’t think of any other game that’s pulled me in like this one, it’s nuts.

Anyway, I know this isn’t anything special at this point but I wanted to post the moment this game clicked for me and I really fell in love with it:
https://twitter.com/cythrin/status/974445382770900992?s=21

Change your ways:

https://twitter.com/MJoyArt/status/974890829394280449

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Change your ways:

It's been awhile but don't you have to murder a bunch of monsters to get that equipment?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raposa posted:

It's been awhile but don't you have to murder a bunch of monsters to get that equipment?

I think it is available after map or Divine Beast progression. You're certainly never explicitly told it had anything to do with killing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Raposa posted:

You can always just shoot dragons with a bow to buy it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I think it is available after map or Divine Beast progression. You're certainly never explicitly told it had anything to do with killing

You have to trade monster parts to get the currency to buy it

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Never. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/cythrin/status/975436831792640000?s=21

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

finally managed to complete the beginner master sword trial :dance:

does the upgrades improve durability as well or just base dmg?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ulvir posted:

Only the base damage until you get the final upgrade, at which point it permanently has the same damage and durability as it does when it's in glowing mode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ulvir posted:

I know durability goes up as part of the final upgrade; not 100% sure if the incremental upgrades do that too

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
One of my favorite parts of this game is the myriad of ways the Yiga can completely eat poo poo.
https://twitter.com/zcorcoran/status/977035898750513153

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Fortis posted:

One of my favorite parts of this game is the myriad of ways the Yiga can completely eat poo poo.
https://twitter.com/zcorcoran/status/977035898750513153

someone should try this around a lynel to see how much hp damage lightning does. though i don't recall any locations that have thunder and also lynels

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dictator. posted:

someone should try this around a lynel to see how much hp damage lightning does. though i don't recall any locations that have thunder and also lynels

Lynel will leap out of the way of lightning strikes.
There is a Lynel in the rainforest, the one with tons of thunderstorms.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pharohman777 posted:

aww too bad

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pharohman777 posted:

I think they’re actually immune - I spent ages dancing around the Akkala one wearing the thunder helmet and metal, but it never took any damage.

Ed: come to think of it it might have been in the helmet’s area of effect. Must find a thunderstorm and some bokos when I get home and see...

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 23, 2018

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

What if you're on the Lynel's back when it strikes?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ugh any tips for master mode calamity ganon when hes got his magic orange shield up? not sure if im doing something wrong but its harder than it should br

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

alf_pogs posted:

ugh any tips for master mode calamity ganon when hes got his magic orange shield up? not sure if im doing something wrong but its harder than it should br

It’s pretty tough! His shield drops if you successfully counter him in any way; it will momentarily shut off if you successfully dodge into a flurry rush, giving you the opportunity to beat the poo poo out of him, and it will also shut off if you shield parry a laser back into his face. I’m not sure if the same thing happens if you parry a physical attack, but I bet it does.

I’m honestly not sure if the shield drops under any other circumstance. I remember that being a major issue in Master Mode for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Fortis posted:

It’s pretty tough! His shield drops if you successfully counter him in any way; it will momentarily shut off if you successfully dodge into a flurry rush, giving you the opportunity to beat the poo poo out of him, and it will also shut off if you shield parry a laser back into his face. I’m not sure if the same thing happens if you parry a physical attack, but I bet it does.

I’m honestly not sure if the shield drops under any other circumstance. I remember that being a major issue in Master Mode for me.

Urbosa's Fury also works.

But yeah, Calamity Ganon's second phase is kinda brutal in Master Mode.