Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

I appreciate my brother's GTI. I guarantee the guy two stop lights ahead of me is able to hear every word of Durst's Behind Blue Eyes with perfect clarity

You're a loving monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

I appreciate my brother's GTI. I guarantee the guy two stop lights ahead of me is able to hear every word of Durst's Behind Blue Eyes with perfect clarity

What a loving kick in the balls to The Who when that idiot decide to cover their song.

Pete Townshend probably wanted to kill the fucker or kill himself after hearing that.

But I suppose that when you're one of the greatest rock and roll bands to ever grace the planet Earth that kind of poo poo is gonna happen.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Pham Nuwen posted:

You're a loving monster.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Date 3 tonight and I cant fukken believe I never thought to check her liked pages on FB

And so I do swear before all the natural laws of beast and man, and God Himself I intend to bed this lady of my own free will

:kiddo:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Applebees Appetizer posted:

What a loving kick in the balls to The Who when that idiot decide to cover their song.

Pete Townshend probably wanted to kill the fucker or kill himself after hearing that.

But I suppose that when you're one of the greatest rock and roll bands to ever grace the planet Earth that kind of poo poo is gonna happen.

I heard some lovely autotuned Disturbed-wannabe covering The Cranberries on the radio last night. It was a-loving-trocious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Q0Ng61bT4

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Disturbed's cover of the Sound of Silence is atrocious and everyone seems to love it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I think the last decent cover I've ever heard was "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks covered by Van Halen.

Of course Led Zeppelin is famous for cover tunes :v:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWgA3PI7VQ

How do you guys feel about this cover?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gut feeling currently at 98% greenlight for making terrible decisions at some point in this evening

Obviously 100% optimum is a chronic fever dream, as I am taking the time to update this on these here dead gay forums

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ummm.......No.

Funny that Slayer comes up.....My son wants to see them in the worst way but I'm not sure it would be the best atmosphere for a ten year old :v:

Too bad it's their final tour :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I like durst's cover, the bad wolves cover and disturbed's cover. :colbert:

Listen to them as their own song before comparing it to the song its covering. For example, on its own, the bad wolves cover is an acceptable modern rock song, but compared to the original cranberries song, it loses alot by not having delores's haunting vocals that really stick with you. But, as an aside, that originally was the plan. The cranberries lead singer was supposed to sing on that cover, but passed away they day they had scheduled the studio time. I really wonder what it would have sounded like with her on it.

Speaking of terrible rock covers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkGluLhnGU
I've been known to drive around blaring this and singing along without a hint of shame. Its music, take it less seriously. :v:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Roger Dalttrey just got paid 1 million dollars to play some nerdy dentist or somethings birthday pinkyup 1 million dollars.

everdave fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 23, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy crap. Guess that's his price for a private gig, I don't blame him at his age.

gently caress I wish I had a time machine so i could go to the Live at Leeds show, the Who at their peak were like an unstoppable freight train.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Attn All: i want my gravestone epitath to read simply as follows

"Totally Worth It"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Holy crap. Guess that's his price for a private gig, I don't blame him at his age.

gently caress I wish I had a time machine so i could go to the Live at Leeds show, the Who at their peak were like an unstoppable freight train.

Well except for lol that pedo stuff but he was researching (not Roger)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Musical regrets?

I probably saw Mellencamp live too many times.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Rhyno posted:

Musical regrets?

I probably saw Mellencamp live too many times.*

* 1 time

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Luckily she decided to give me a heads up on the warrants sitch after we said yeah lets do it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Luckily she decided to give me a heads up on the warrants sitch after we said yeah lets do it

:ohdear:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Well except for lol that pedo stuff but he was researching (not Roger)

I don't believe Pete is a pedo, and even if I thought he was it wouldn't stop me from enjoying the Who.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I mean I don’t believe either

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Nice

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
To celebrate, I found you a bike.

no idea about the details please don't ask me, forums poster Dude Sweet took the photo ask him

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Does that get you an inch back?

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Grats on getting your mojo back!

Saw this in the GIP drunk thread and thought of you...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
7 hour solid 100% total erectile failure

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It was so bad and awkward she rethought her entire position on the matter so I guess it has now been downgraded to a hookup

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Usually after 4 hrs they recommend calling a physician.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Nice that she let you fumble around and cry for 7 hours.

Most people get about 11mins before being kicked out on the street.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

spog posted:

Nice that she let you fumble around and cry for 7 hours.

Most people get about 11mins before being kicked out on the street.

That's a curiously specific number

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

cakesmith handyman posted:

That's a curiously specific number

Experience is the greatest teacher.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She kept telling me I needed to stop being mad, because it's really not that big a deal at all and it took everything i had to hold back how I truly felt about finally getting a shot with, and even so far as to win over a smart girl wildly out of my league after a 4 year dry spell, and the first and only time in my entire life MY DICK HAS LITERALLY BEEN FORSAKEN BY GOD

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I AM loving LIVID

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone already knew but i am officially proven to be borne from cursed earth, where the sunlight never falls upon it's land

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

She kept telling me I needed to stop being mad, because it's really not that big a deal at all and it took everything i had to hold back how I truly felt about finally getting a shot with, and even so far as to win over a smart girl wildly out of my league after a 4 year dry spell, and the first and only time in my entire life MY DICK HAS LITERALLY BEEN FORSAKEN BY GOD

I'm giggling too much imagining you angrily screaming at your dick loud enough that the neighbors call the cops because they think it's a domestic dispute.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I literally went from top shelf pro confirmed and designated as such boyfriend feedstock to that impotent guy they tried to hook up with some serious anger issues in the course of a single, greenlit guaranteed moment of personal triumph that could have only been ruined via an act of an angry and spiteful God

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Dicks are fickle. You put a lot of pressure on the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Big Taint posted:

Dicks are fickle. You put a lot of pressure on the guy.

"Alright, everything is riding on this. If you screw this up for us I'm putting you in a running motorcycle chain."

• Locked thread