Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Mammal Sauce posted:

I've been playing back through the Uncharted games and I've been getting a hankering for a good treasure-hunting adventure movie. Other than the Indiana Jones movies on Hulu, are there any decent ones on Hulu, Prime or Netflix?

Sahara is on netflix if you don't mind some stupid action. it's alright. National Treasure holds up really well imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AngryBooch posted:

Spectral. That's a B-rear end B-movie. The scientist who embeds with a special forces squad equips the entire unit with plasma weaponry overnight using like magnets, car batteries, and duct tape.

But yeah, the movie should really be called special forces vs. ghosts: the movie.

I liked that one well enough, but I’ve admitted before that I’m flat-out retarded with most Army movies because I can’t tell who’s who. Especially during the final battle and they had face masks on. I was like ‘who in the Hell did that ghost cut through?!’

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yo, Series of Unfortunate Events season 2 is up. First episode is as great as I was hoping. I'm gonna wait til I have some weed to watch the rest of it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wild Wild Country is great. I'm only on episode 2 so far. I'd only heard of them through an episode of Forensic Files previously. Season 7, episode 8 Bio Attack if you're curious. I won't say what happens since it's a spoiler. It's one of the rare episodes that features forensics used on something that isn't a murder.
https://youtu.be/DP-u5nfh2jE

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

flatluigi posted:

It's the best concert film in existence, and I'd highly recommend watching some behind the scenes stuff about it if you can find it.

It's amazing in every way. It's one of those movies where if you've never seen it, you should stop whatever you're doing right now and watch it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

veni veni veni posted:

Is that story (the whole thing not just the hotel) well known in Oregon? I can't believe I had never heard any of it prior to watching Wild Wild Country.

It’s interesting. You bring up “salmonella in the Dalles” and nearly everyone here has like a group memory thing and seems to recall it. Beyond that, I don’t think the major history or even the enormity of the community is that well remembered. There is still sometimes the dark red wearing people around. It’s rare thing to see though and who knows how much it means these days.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

tweet my meat posted:

Yo, Series of Unfortunate Events season 2 is up. First episode is as great as I was hoping. I'm gonna wait til I have some weed to watch the rest of it.

season one of this show was infuriating to me. I liked parts of it but overall hated being teased so much by lack of plot progression.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I went into Frankenstein Chronicles expecting goofy stuff, and while there was some of that I mostly just thought it owned earnestly.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A MIRACLE posted:

season one of this show was infuriating to me. I liked parts of it but overall hated being teased so much by lack of plot progression.

If I remember the books right, that shouldn’t be a problem for S2. The last season should have a lot of poo poo hitting the fan.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I liked that one well enough, but I’ve admitted before that I’m flat-out retarded with most Army movies because I can’t tell who’s who. Especially during the final battle and they had face masks on. I was like ‘who in the Hell did that ghost cut through?!’

I mean, hardly anyone in the movie has a distinct personality anyways.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm mostly there for the weird atmosphere and quirky performances so I wasn't too bothered by it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s interesting. You bring up “salmonella in the Dalles” and nearly everyone here has like a group memory thing and seems to recall it. Beyond that, I don’t think the major history or even the enormity of the community is that well remembered. There is still sometimes the dark red wearing people around. It’s rare thing to see though and who knows how much it means these days.

It's because somehow miraculously nobody was killed in the whole ridiculous situation, even though a few people were very very close to death. Had just a few people died from the salmonella I think the cult would be more widely remembered and brought up in conversations with Heavens Gate, People's Temple, Aum etc.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Sahara is on netflix if you don't mind some stupid action. it's alright. National Treasure holds up really well imo.

I always thought National Treasure was really underrated as a fun adventure film.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
New season of Trailer Park Boooooyyyssssss!!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Field Mousepad posted:

New season of Trailer Park Boooooyyyssssss!!

What. Is this show still good? It wasn’t he same for me when it switched to HD.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blind Rasputin posted:

No.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

The first new Netflix season was good, the second one was bizarrely terrible. Someone report back on this new one.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I’m rewatching Trailer Park Boys now and I think it peaked in Season 4 with Ricky being the park supervisor. There’s still a lot of good stuff after that but that one really seemed to rise above. I’m really not looking forward to that Sebastian Bach season with the model train, ugh.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Blind Rasputin posted:

It has it highs and lows but it's still pretty good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

david_a posted:

I’m rewatching Trailer Park Boys now and I think it peaked in Season 4 with Ricky being the park supervisor. There’s still a lot of good stuff after that but that one really seemed to rise above. I’m really not looking forward to that Sebastian Bach season with the model train, ugh.

peak TPB for me will always be the episode with the white dude's album launch party

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

precision posted:

peak TPB for me will always be the episode with the white dude's album launch party
For me it’s either Ricky confronting the satellite TV repair dudes or Julian at his lowest both of which are in season 4.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Titan on Netflix was the worst movie I've seen this year so far.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

AngryBooch posted:

Spectral. That's a B-rear end B-movie. The scientist who embeds with a special forces squad equips the entire unit with plasma weaponry overnight using like magnets, car batteries, and duct tape.

But yeah, the movie should really be called special forces vs. ghosts: the movie.

It is amazing. Netflix had some great films recently with that and Wheelman.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'll be the 400th person to say Wild Wild Country is a phenomenal docu. The usage of old footage and then shooting the same angles with modern, cinematic cameras is loving RAD.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Titan: What was the point of getting a bunch of security people killed if she was able to convince him to go anyway?

And she didn't know that would happen. As far as she knew, there was no way to save her husband, and the best course of action was to refuse to participate and they would be forced to euthanize him. But instead she decides to get security people killed for no reason.

Why spend resources on a spaceflight to Titan so one guy could fly around nude and not starting a colony? The project was a failure.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Concerning The Titan, I haven't watched the whole thing yet and probably won't at this point, but the Guardian's review was pretty amusing: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/29/the-titan-review-unexciting-netflix-sci-fi-squanders-its-premise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm about halfway through the documentary series on Trump. It's pretty interesting, and probably a lot moreso if you never lived near NYC in the late 80s and never really knew who Trump was until he became a game show host

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I only just now found out that you can use an extension to play Netflix (and any other HTML5 video) at double speed. God I wish I'd known this sooner for any number of interesting-but-slow documentaries and mediocre TV shows.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The Titan on Netflix was the worst movie I've seen this year so far.

You should watch Open House

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

imnotinsane posted:

You should watch Open House

You guys are just biased against Netflix movies!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Netflix just added Speed Racer, which is not a movie everyone should watch but it's a movie everyone should see.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Erebus posted:

I only just now found out that you can use an extension to play Netflix (and any other HTML5 video) at double speed. God I wish I'd known this sooner for any number of interesting-but-slow documentaries and mediocre TV shows.

People that do this and the podcast thing are out of their loving minds.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I watch all my favorite movies at half speed so I can really savor it.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Erebus posted:

Netflix just added Speed Racer, which is not a movie everyone should watch but it's a movie everyone should see.

Watch Speed Racer. And then buy Speed Racer because it’s a nightmare for streaming encoding.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah I have to repress my anger when I hear people talk about doing it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Agreed, but also I'm now kind of morbidly curious to watch Speed Racer at 2x speed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

veni veni veni posted:

I always wanna say, what, you think you're some kind of wizard or something? gently caress you!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

veni veni veni posted:

Seriously wouldn't it just be easier to not watch movies? Like go do something you actually enjoy.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Has a third season of The Frankenstein Chronicles been confirmed? gently caress, that show is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
There's also the people who read the plot synopsis of movies on wikipedia.

I do admittedly watch food recipe videos in double time.